IGNORED

Jana's Future 5 - The More Things Seem to Change...

choralcrusader8613

18 hours ago, formerhsfundie said:

I find it fascinating that Jana manages to be both the lynch pin of the family, and yet constantly flies under the radar. She definitely avoids the spotlight and imo does a good job of it.

I hope she is single by choice, but she seems demure and quiet it's just impossible to know if she isn't also just emotionally scarred or in shock from all the shit she has seen. I have siblings who are more or less just immobilized as adults because of the whole experience. It's just easier to live with your parents than leave and deal with it? Possible. Could also explain the freaky Arndt situation as well. Or she has perfected grey rock techniques.

Whatever it is I hope shes happy. Any reason I can think of why she is still there makes me sad. 

I wonder if she was scarred bad enough not to make big life changing decisions. For example, too scarred to make the next step  to be in a courtship that would change her status, where she lives & who she lives with. Always making excuses instead of jumping into a courtship. She was the first "sister-mom" and I wonder if Michelle was hardest on her to become "little mother" so quickly?

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/6/2017 at 6:12 PM, singsingsing said:

That's actually not their view on 'giving away pieces of your heart'. 'Giving away pieces of your heart' tends to be a euphemism for sexual (or at least physical, and sometimes intense emotional) intimacy before marriage which, in their view, creates an artificially strong emotional bond, ending in broken hearts, cynicism, distrust in future relationships, and so on. If your spouse dies, you're obviously going to mourn them, but it's not the same as being 'damaged' by a 'sinful' relationship. And while they strongly encourage people to court and to abstain from most forms of physical intimacy before marriage, having broken relationships doesn't actually preclude someone from getting married.

As for people with multiple spouses in Heaven, according to Jesus there is no 'male or female' in Heaven, and no one is given in marriage. Many people interpret that to mean no marriage, no sex, no emphasis on gender - which, come to think of it, must be hard for fundies to accept! - so having multiple spouses there wouldn't be awkward.

No sex in Heaven?? Then how is it heaven?

Also if there is no male/female or concept of gender, doesn't that mean non-binary individuals have ascended to a higher plane of existance? Why is Derdick such an asshole about gender then? 

As I was taught concerning Heaven we are in the eternal presence of God and the most perfect joy imaginable for eternity so Sex and every  earthly thing  for that matter is moot. We simply don’t care or remember male or female.  

Interestingly, Mormons believe that there will be sex in the Celestial Kingdom, but not in the lower levels of heaven. In those levels people won't even have genitals!

I guess this is Jana at Tori Bates' wedding? Not sure how I feel about the booties with this dress, but I am always happy to see a fundy maiden wearing an appropriate dress at a wedding.

50 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I guess this is Jana at Tori Bates' wedding? Not sure how I feel about the booties with this dress, but I am always happy to see a fundy maiden wearing an appropriate dress at a wedding.

Man oh man. I'm sure I'm projecting as much as everyone else on here, but Jana just seems to exude insecurity to me, never able to just relax in the situation or her own skin like others. IDK, I still think she hates the limelight and it's still my theory on why her and John aren't married - to join this family you got to enjoy being in the spotlight/tabloids/on TV. I just don't see her with anyone that enjoys that - there's plenty of fundie girls in the sea for someone who doesn't like attention and would be a good suitor for Jana.

I think there's a good possibility Jana and the Caleb guy are a thing.    In the past, when there have been similar incorrect rumors the Duggar's or suitor have come out and debunked the rumor.    The most recent I can remember is the Asian guy, sorry I can't remember his name,  who is a long time family friend.   This was probably a year ago, but a few weeks after that rumor was around they came out and cleared things up....."He's a long time family friend". "He goes to their church", "They have been in youth group activities together for years", etc.     

I think for the Jana/Caleb thing to be so out there this time, and no debunk, there is a high likely of some truth to it.

I think it's funny that the Austin/jana rumor several years ago is used to validate that the media is just making things up or completely wrong......How wrong were they really??   This was long before anything was released about Joy and Austin.  Several years ago Austin was reported to be hanging around the Duggar house frequently and the media took it as Jana's suitor.   Really wouldn't that be evidence that the media was onto things early?  So it wasn't Jana but it did put Austin out there as a potential suitor years before that came out publicly.   I find it perplexing that that example would be used here against the media?   It should have been used in this example, as a kudo to the media's early speculation!!

5 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Yes he came out denying he and Jana were together and being kinda snarky  or sarcastic about the claims. just a friend of the family.

Maybe he’ll wake up one day and think why not Jana 

3 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

Maybe he’ll wake up one day and think why not Jana 

Or maybe he’ll call JimBob and ask him to be a prayer partner. 

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Or maybe he’ll call JimBob and ask him to be a prayer partner. 

Rufus let’s hope not. That didn’t turn out so great the last time. Maybe Ben can have another layover and make a new friend. 

My goodness, she is a beauty. And apparently a good-hearted person too. I hope she finds the person she’s looking for. I wonder if there might be someone, I didn’t buy her denial about not having a boyfriend (after show) and she was beaming. But I’ve been fooled a couple of times so what do I know. 

On 12/26/2017 at 9:43 PM, HereticHick said:

I know this is classic fundie speak, but what's with the being "a hard worker"? How about just saying it was nice to meet her, they had a good chat etc. It just sounds like an ad to me ("she would be brilliant at managing your household") or a justification for being single ("she has to raise the howlers so she doesn't have time for a courtship"). 

I think this is one of the ladies who organised Tori's wedding, right? Maybe Jana was helping with the preparations (of course). So how about just saying "thank you" for her support?

Fundie guys are morons for not knocking Jim Bob's door to court her, but then again maybe Jana is turning down guys left and right.. If so, good for you Jana.

She's drop dead gorgeous, by far the most beautiful Duggar.

The blunt truth  is In her set She is getting at the age when most of the best of crop of guys around her is age already married and have a child or two and the better set  of younger  guys have a plethora of younger  pretty marriage minded maidens to choose from. It’s going to take a special guy to sweep both Jana and JB off their feet.

7 hours ago, DillyDally said:

I know this is classic fundie speak, but what's with the being "a hard worker"?

Not exactly sure, but it could just be that they both helped with the wedding prep and day of, ie. they worked on it together.

Since it's getting close to the time for a new Jana thread, I have a request. Could the next thread just be titled something about Jana, not "Jana's Future?" It would match the other Duggar family member threads better that way too, since they're all in the form of "Name: Thread Title" and this thread is the only outlier. The original thread was asking a specific question, but now it's just about Jana in general and I feel like the title just reinforces the idea that her life won't really start until she's married, which even in fundie land isn't true. She has stuff going on in her present too; there's more to discuss than her future!

How is "Jana" pronounced? (I've never seen the show.) I've always said it in my head to rhyme with "banana" ... or is it a long ah like "madonna"?

^^ I wish TLC would show more of Jana's present, and that if she wanted to she could have her own instagram account. Until she has distanced herself from the Duggar Borg, we won't know much about her.

Jana was referred to by Boob as 'Jana Banana' in an early special.

9 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

How is "Jana" pronounced? (I've never seen the show.) I've always said it in my head to rhyme with "banana" ... or is it a long ah like "madonna"?

It rhymes with banana. Like Anna with a J in front of it

I’ve always wondered if Jana is rejecting all suitors until she is too old to have 25 kids. Maybe she is waiting until she is over 30 hoping to only have 2 or 3 kids. Maybe she really doesn’t want kids, I’m sure that is a requirement on JB’s test for courtship. 

1 hour ago, LiLSeaWitch said:

I’ve always wondered if Jana is rejecting all suitors until she is too old to have 25 kids. Maybe she is waiting until she is over 30 hoping to only have 2 or 3 kids. Maybe she really doesn’t want kids, I’m sure that is a requirement on JB’s test for courtship. 

women who are fraternal twins have a higher chance of producing fraternal twins than non-twin-women. Jana is the only female twin in the family. This fact plus the general hyper fertility that is going on in that family makes Jana probably think that it might be wise to wait at least until she's 30. Even then 10 + children could be the outcome. Michelle birthed half of her children after the age of 30.

This makes me think about why doctors say that women's fertility declines rapidly after hitting 30. With Michelle, nor Kelly Bates this was not the issue. It was more like this: Hitting the 42/43 mark, suddenly they did not get pregnant/could not carry to term anymore at all or without medical help (in Kelly's case). It seems to be that a women without general fertility issues could get pregnant regularly until about 42-43 and suddenly...bam...it's over.

46 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

women who are fraternal twins have a higher chance of producing fraternal twins than non-twin-women. Jana is the only female twin in the family. This fact plus the general hyper fertility that is going on in that family makes Jana probably think that it might be wise to wait at least until she's 30. Even then 10 + children could be the outcome. Michelle birthed half of her children after the age of 30.

This makes me think about why doctors say that women's fertility declines rapidly after hitting 30. With Michelle, nor Kelly Bates this was not the issue. It was more like this: Hitting the 42/43 mark, suddenly they did not get pregnant/could not carry to term anymore at all or without medical help (in Kelly's case). It seems to be that a women without general fertility issues could get pregnant regularly until about 42-43 and suddenly...bam...it's over.

Something I never really thought about until someone pointed it out on FJ is that Jana being a twin doesn't actually mean she's more likely than her sisters to have twins.  The fact that Michelle had twins twice means that all her daughters are more likely to have twins. Jana got the same chance at "twin genes" as all her siblings and the fact that Michelle conceived another child at the same time as Jana doesn't mean anything as far as Jana's genes go.

54 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

This makes me think about why doctors say that women's fertility declines rapidly after hitting 30. 

Most doctors don't say this. It's one of those persistent urban legends that have been fed to us (perhaps with some misogynistic, "get back in the kitchen" intentions behind this particular one). Fertility does begin to decline somewhat in the early thirties, but doesn't begin to decline at any real appreciable rate until after 35. It's not until a woman's forties that it really declines "rapidly."  (I'm excluding pre-existing fertility issues from this equation and assuming an otherwise healthy, fertile woman.)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived