IGNORED

Jana's Future 5 - The More Things Seem to Change...

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, LiLSeaWitch said:

I’ve always wondered if Jana is rejecting all suitors until she is too old to have 25 kids.

Jinger didn't do this, though, and she ended up married to somebody who doesn't seem to want to emulate the Duggar family size. 

16 hours ago, LiLSeaWitch said:

I’ve always wondered if Jana is rejecting all suitors until she is too old to have 25 kids. Maybe she is waiting until she is over 30 hoping to only have 2 or 3 kids. Maybe she really doesn’t want kids, I’m sure that is a requirement on JB’s test for courtship. 

There's no evidence to suggest that she's waiting for any specific reason other then "the right one hasn't come along". As much as I'd like to pretend that her views are different then the rest of her family's, we just don't have that evidence. In fact, a lot of pictures of Jana that appear are her holding one of her nieces/nephews and looking adoringly at them. This makes me think that she does, in fact, really want to be married & have children just like the rest of them but hasn't found a guy she's willing to make the "jump" with.

Did any of you see this? Jana courting? But no reference given. As I look at the Duggar Wikipedia page very often: it wasn't there yesterday (I looked because of Jinger's pregnancy)!

Jana.jpg

6 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Did any of you see this? Jana courting? But no reference given. As I look at the Duggar Wikipedia page very often: it wasn't there yesterday (I looked because of Jinger's pregnancy)!

Jana.jpg

Could just be a random inaccurate edit? Or perhaps she is courting, you never know with the Duggars  

1 minute ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Could just be a random inaccurate edit? Or perhaps she is courting, you never know with the Duggars  

It's not there anymore, how weird! Disappeared as soon as I posted this!!!

Question, when life event happen to celebrities, like giving birth or deaths, I've always wondered how fast they update. Like it's almost immediate. Just wondering how they do it? 

Also, isn't this something that anyone can edit? just some things I noted - it's spelled with a lowercase "c" (making it unofficial/unprofessional if you will) and there's no name given and no reference, as someone mentioned. Definitely peculiar how it was taken off after it was addressed here.

People are always updating the Duggars' Wikipedia page with erroneous information. It's probably either a troll or one of those teenagers doing their weird Duggar roleplaying thing!

42 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Question, when life event happen to celebrities, like giving birth or deaths, I've always wondered how fast they update. Like it's almost immediate. Just wondering how they do it? 

Also, isn't this something that anyone can edit? just some things I noted - it's spelled with a lowercase "c" (making it unofficial/unprofessional if you will) and there's no name given and no reference, as someone mentioned. Definitely peculiar how it was taken off after it was addressed here.

I'm not quite sure how it works, but the public can edit wikipedia. There are supposed to be sources attached to any assertion, tho! 

If the courting thing were true, it hasn't been confirmed anywhere, so they'd have to delete it regardless, I guess

1 hour ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Also, isn't this something that anyone can edit?

One of my roommates from undergrad is fairly high up in the world of Wikipedia and was always flying around the world to attend/speak at various Wikipedia conferences.  I learned a lot about Wikipedia from her and the Wikipedia workshops she would help host.  

It's true that anyone can edit articles, but they have a dedicated team of volunteers/admins who monitor new content and take care of it, if needed.  For example, if someone at one of our workshops accidentally published a new article too early (like they only had a title and a sentence), it would be flagged and/or taken down almost immediately, and there was a whole process that they had to go through to revise the article if they still wanted it published.  Articles without properly sourced and trustworthy material would also be taken care of accordingly.  When an article is updated almost immediately, it's probably done by someone who thinks to edit Wikipedia when they hear news or a very committed admin! 

As for the Jana courtship edit, I checked the IP address that made the revision (it shows the IP address in the article's revision history if the person isn't signed in).  It looks like it was done by someone using a hotel's Wifi network in Jamaica.

2 minutes ago, potato said:

It looks like it was done by someone using a hotel's Wifi network in Jamaica.

Ah. So Jana is on her honeymoon in Jamaica! lol

I think Jana wants to be married but just has high standards. Her sisters didn’t really do that well in the marrying department and I think she’s waiting and not concerned with having 20 kids.

25 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I think she’s waiting and not concerned with having 20 kids. already raised 18 kids.

FTFY

5 hours ago, singsingsing said:

People are always updating the Duggars' Wikipedia page with erroneous information. It's probably either a troll or one of those teenagers doing their weird Duggar roleplaying thing!

The role playing thing seems so weird to me... like it actually gives me the the wiggins. I get like harmless teenaged stuff but some of them have taken it really far... the fake instagram accounts and stuff where they like all interact with each other? weirdddd. 

I had an acquaintance who used to be a really active wikipedia editor, they left abruptly after it became known that they were (allegedly) using their role to further their own agenda/advocacy/views. It was definitely an eye opener about and tbh I was/am still a little annoyed with their actions. 

I don’t know if this has already been discussed but is it possible that Jana vowed to stay single for a certain period of time? I read an article by another person on Recovering Grace about a vow like this.

Sometimes people can also choose to put courting / dating / relationships on the back burner for the sake of their family, seeing their need for care (or actual raising). Jana may just be fussy too, we'll never know until we know I guess.

Maybe it's just my perspective as someone who has been single basically her entire life, but it seems to me there are about a million and one reasons for Jana to still be single, and it's kind of useless to speculate. It could literally be any combination of different things, or it could be as simple as her just having yet to meet the right person. Remember, she's 28 this year, not 48 (and even if she were 48, as crazy as it seems, it could really just be that she had yet to meet the right person, and she could suddenly meet him at 50). I'm not saying DON'T speculate! Just pointing out that we're not going to be able to come to any kind of conclusion unless she decides to talk about it.

I just think is a combination they need an adult daughter to manage the home probably helping train the young girls to take over eventually and no potential suitor has appeared before her worth changing  her world for.  

I also wonder if it's like with kids who take over their parents' business or ranch or farm. Someone who may have kind of ended up in a job they didn't expect but now have made a career out of it...like, it just kind of happened for her (as the oldest daughter of a mega family), so I wouldn't even be too surprised if she didn't really have any feelings of resentment at least at the surface. It's just how it is.

Then again I recently watched a British documentary about kids who have to take care of their parents (I think it was called Young Carers IIRC) and that makes me think that my first theory here could be absolutely completely wrong.

Either way, I hope she's happy or, if not, can find happiness one day.

Before he was born the Duggar Wiki page claimed that M5 was going to be called Matthew Zachary. It got deleted and of course he’s actually Mason Garrett. 

People are fucking crazy to do this fake Duggar shit. However, the Duggars put themselves out there, insisting on being culture warriors and working towards a theocracy. So, this is what they get. I do hope there is no physical stalking or threats, nobody deserves that.

3 hours ago, sta_sha said:

@MakeItSo Was it the one with the family where the two young daughters took care of their younger brothers? The parents were both legally blind. 

Yes, and a couple of other families were featured, too. I wonder what happened to all those kids. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived