IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 22: Criticising your poop and pining for Gilead

Has anyone researched why that chat box pops up? Is it some setting she chose? Since we are all now just experiencing it now its clearly not a setting on our end. I bet she must be inundated with chats with people being stupid or joking with her. 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:
Has anyone researched why that chat box pops up? Is it some setting she chose? Since we are all now just experiencing it now its clearly not a setting on our end. I bet she must be inundated with chats with people being stupid or joking with her. 

I'm seeing one when I go to some pages I have followed. I think it is just a new FB/messenger feature. I would guess page admins have to opt out by turning it off

Disagree with Lori a few times and she will block you, then you won't see it.

I am thinking the chat box only pops up when she is "active" on her page (meaning, online).  With Lori, that seems to be the vast majority of the time.

Honestly, I hate to see the tone some of the comments have taken.  There are some very serious issues with what Lori teaches, and the over the top comments trivialize that.  I'd much rather see screen shots of Lori contradicting herself, or intelligent, well thought out comments that highlight how ludicrous her "message" is. 

I think she deletes the ones that show her for who she truly is.  She leaves up the crazy ones, because it discredits those who disagree with her.

2 minutes ago, Koala said:

I think she deletes the ones that show her for who she truly is.  She leaves up the crazy ones, because it makes it look like only a complete nut could disagree with her.

Yes that is what I am thinking is the new strategy. It makes us look stupid here when we complain about her deleting comments.  

10 minutes ago, Koala said:

I am thinking the chat box 

I think she deletes the ones that show her for who she truly is.  She leaves up the crazy ones, because it discredits those who disagree with her.

I came to the conclusion a few months ago that her deletion criteria were more about what makes her look good, or someone else look bad, than about truth. She doesn't answer reasonable questions because the answers don't necessarily elevate her already overblown ego. 

Lori's post today proves exactly little effort she put into homemaking (I hate that word) wifing, mothering, cleaning, staying on top of things, homeschooling, child rearing, etc. 

it is a never ending job. It's one that you can never clock out of and leave to go home and rest. You LIVE in your workplace and are always noticing what you need to do, do better at, didn't do yet, etc. I truly think it's one of the hardest, underpaid and appreciates jobs in the world for SAHM who homeschool their kids, stretch the money, do extra curricular activities, garden, etc etc. 

I have friends who wearily say they wish they could go to work or school no stimulate their brains because there is NOTHING stimulating about homework, cooking, and changing poopy diapers all day, but they can't due to lack of money. 

I think the job of SAHM has a lot of potential for depression and burnout if you don't have a husband who helps shoulder some of the load, and if you don't take care of yourself, make time for yourself to learn and grow. 

There is no way ken "works his tail off" consulting in a plush office so they can make it. Shut the fuck up, Lori. You are a spoiled, foolish woman who knows nothing. 

She sure spouts about not spending lots of money on things, but doesn't budget! WHAT. So she's the millionaire queen telling the peasants only they need a budget. Sorry, Aunt Lori, Dave Ramsey (whom you tote) would highly disagree with you, and I'm positive he has more money than you! 

49 minutes ago, Koala said:

Honestly, I hate to see the tone some of the comments have taken.  There are some very serious issues with what Lori teaches, and the over the top comments trivialize that.  I'd much rather see screen shots of Lori contradicting herself, or intelligent, well thought out comments that highlight how ludicrous her "message" is. 

I agree completely. The only worth that those screenshots have are to show the flip side of her "fame" - attracting true trolls. The people who contribute neither a supportive comment nor a well thought out counterpoint.

36 minutes ago, YourMamaKnew said:

She sure spouts about not spending lots of money on things, but doesn't budget! WHAT. So she's the millionaire queen telling the peasants only they need a budget. Sorry, Aunt Lori, Dave Ramsey (whom you tote) would highly disagree with you, and I'm positive he has more money than you! 

Right? I just redid ours and it was as scary as hell. I don't drink but I sure wanted one after it was done. 

46 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

I agree completely. The only worth that those screenshots have are to show the flip side of her "fame" - attracting true trolls. The people who contribute neither a supportive comment nor a well thought out counterpoint.

You are right. Those comments are dumb and immature. I was just shocked they are still there.   I wouldn't blame Lori for deleting those.

Sometimes I think she writes this stuff and then laughs herself silly.  I mean, really.  It's like she's talking about herself.

She spends what she claims is the "majority" of her day monitoring strangers online.  You can't click on her FB page without it popping up a chat window to let you know she's "active".  She invests almost every waking moment in her "ministry".

In one of her videos, Ken came downstairs to make his breakfast.  Lori wasn't making it- she was making a "Youtube" for her ministry.  

And that bit about affairs?  Is she talking about Dave telling her how beautiful she is, and how he wishes his wife was like her?  Cause yeah, I guess that is how affairs start sometimes.

She is the person she's writing about.  Does she even realize that?

Oh shut up. Nancy owns her own "ministry"/business. Good lord these people are stupid. Mr. EW HATES being treated like a king. He wants me out and about doing things I enjoy that don't always focus on him. He made his own dinner yesterday. 

Why do Christians act like affairs are hungry lions going to creep up on people. It starts in the heart. If someone is gonna cheat they're gonna cheat. 

*sigh*  That shows how tired I am.  I didn't notice that it was written by ANOTHER woman who spends loads of time on her ministry outside the home.  

Either way, my comments stand.  These two are "rebuking" women for doing the very thing they do.  

Back on the "be skinny for your man" post there are some interesting posts. 1 lady seems to be talking to herself, I wo see if someone got deleted.

Starts with: Screenshot_20170628-124549.thumb.png.4b72873ee462705d5e3e8f720ed14bd0.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170628-124609.thumb.png.77fef3c9f5727cd71839837a75ce7ccd.png

Screenshot_20170628-124620.thumb.png.bd3dac9d8fb62c42956d21ba6f68ad05.png

@joyce wow how incredibly innocent her comment was

Meanwhile lorI still has up all the vulgar comments,  the foul mouth ones lol

@AlwaysDiscerningLori's deleted that too, but the lady has already posted again:

Why was my post quoting Proverbs 31 deleted?

That's the game.  Lori leaves the vulgar stuff up, and deletes scripture (if it contradicts The Message of Lori).

This leads her readers to believe that everything she deletes is just vile spew left by "trolls", and Lori's free to claim the people who disagree with her HATE God, and never offer any scripture to back themselves up.  

If there is an influx of comments, it needs to be people asking why she is deleting scripture, not some of the trash that's been posted to her page.

**To be clear, I am not encouraging anyone to comment on her page.  I never have, because I am convinced that Lori is pretty ruthless when it comes to confrontation. See: "Someone get me the phone number for the bitch that had the gall to leave a negative Amazon review!" <--Paraphrased**

She did say in one comment that she expects the trolls to quiet down in a week. I am thinking once she is back from vacation she will delete all the vulgar comments and then do a post about them.  it's a bit suspicious that she just seems to know that things will quiet down in a week so I think it is all part of a big plan to keep them up for a while to show her fan club that she is right. And she continues to delete the comments that we are up in arms about to prove us wrong.

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

it is a never ending job. It's one that you can never clock out of and leave to go home and rest. You LIVE in your workplace and are always noticing what you need to do, do better at, didn't do yet, etc. I truly think it's one of the hardest, underpaid and appreciates jobs in the world for SAHM who homeschool their kids, stretch the money, do extra curricular activities, garden, etc etc. 

Thank you for articulating that thought so well. I am home full time and it can be anxiety inducing. It's a never ending cycle of menial jobs. Finding balance with activities you enjoy is critical, at least it has been for me.

Lori never did the actual work involved with successfully running a home since she had nannies and housekeepers and probably still has outside help. When things get too rough or Ken expects too much, she can always fall back on illness. It's the perfect setup for self entitled Lori. She's never been truly involved with anyone but herself and her uncharted level of narcissism doesn't allow her to see how transparent she is. 

6 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

What a snobby response about budgeting. It implies that only dumb or poor people budget. She is saying we have been wise about money unlike most people so don't need to budget.

That's exactly what I thought, too. As if it's not a budget anymore once you hit a certain $ level of income. ;) 

3 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

On the military post she leaves other women up sharing thier military story but deleted this one

What an awesome post it is, too. We're lucky to have people who are willing to serve our country in this way. We're also lucky that most people don't listen to outmoded views that would keep them from their desire to contribute positively to society (whatever that involves for a particular person and their skills/abilities). 

Lori says:

I am a full-time wife now. My children are long gone and I have the blessing of being able to mentor many women, watch my grandchildren, and help when needed. 

If she is using her time to mentor other women and watch her grandchildren, she is not being a full-time wife in the way she wants to think she is. I am a stay-at-home wife these days, and while I do a lot more cooking and cleaning than I did when I worked full-time, most of my daytime hours are devoted to running a ministry and a small business. 

I've always been a full-time wife because I am always a wife, whether I'm working outside the home to pay our bills or focusing on providing a clean home  and nourishing big salads (gag me--Lori ruined these words for me). But if she is doing non-wife things while she is at home, she's fooling herself if she thinks she is the "right" kind of full-time wife.

Jesus, Lori Alexander, we GET it. You don't want to work. 

Shit. Your husband is rich, and you don't have to if you don't want to. Yay for you.

But there's no need to write a blog, self publish a book, and spread your shame rants all over the internet to prove your point.

Just don't work. No one gives a crap.

25 minutes ago, molecule said:

watch her grandchildren

Usually when someone watches their grandchild they actually pay attention to/play with them. Not moderate their Facebook page.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived