Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, nst said:

great episodes :D

but seriously what is up with Jessa - she is debbie downer 

Joy bugs me - it's too forced

Jessa is like 99 weeks pregnant. She can't fake it like Michelle did. Some people really towards the end of their pregnancy just can't with life. And her legitimate best friend moved away. I'm cutting her major slack.

joy is more bearable than jinger and the BABBBEEEE!!!!! 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, smuggalert said:

claps for Bin for knowing the word "daunting." 

Someone must have given him one of those "word of the day" calendars for Christmas. 

Ok, we can agree to disagree. i thought all the bridesmaids in assorted hideous brown sandals looked repulsive too. I guess I should be grateful that they wore shoes at all

So far, this premiere has featured Joy's wedding, fake male bonding, pregnant sisters, and Jinger living in Laredo.

3 minutes ago, season of life said:

So far, this premiere has featured Joy's wedding, fake male bonding, pregnant sisters, and Jinger living in Laredo.

And now we're about to see the giant chocolate sundae. The Duggar circle is complete. 

--

Damn. I was wrong. Since when do they go to that place without the sundae? 

2 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

Da fuq? Why would they even bring this up? Are they so oblivious to how laughably useless they are as providers without the show and Boob?

I really think the producers suggested that topic, and if so kudos to them for giving me a laugh at B & D's expense.

Maybe I saw wrong, so please someone with better eyeballs than me, help: Did they, right after a TH about how they're not holding hands right now, did Joy and Austin hold hands on their way in to the restaurant?

1 minute ago, season of life said:

jinger living in laredo is Jill in SCA last year. 

in other words we never see her except for laundry hour because we HAVE to be taught to do the laundry 

Jill talking about beginning of married life "like, ya know, like, morning sickness, like, ya know, yeah"

Derrick: Jill and Joy are a lot alike

Me: oh God. Poor Joy...and poor Austin. 2 Jills NO WORLD NEEDS THAT 

Israel is adorable! I do think it's nice that there is some spacing between Israel and Samuel.

Was the fish at dinner thing supposed to be a clue that Jill is pregnant? And the clothes shopping comment? Are we supposed to not know that Jill is pregnant yet? The timeline is suuuuper confusing. 

1 minute ago, SuhrEnity said:

Derrick: Jill and Joy are a lot alike

Me: oh God. Poor Joy...and poor Austin. 2 Jills NO WORLD NEEDS THAT 

can I love this more than ever !! Joy is not Jill that is all I have to say 

Just now, veron1que said:

Was the fish at dinner thing supposed to be a clue that Jill is pregnant? 

um a big fat yes 

So funny! I wonder if Austin had any idea that Jill was pregnant. Her telling derick what he can't order made Austin look so scared. He was like what is this helpmeet doing? It was a culture shock. She was extra assertive, and Jessa was trying to smooth it over. 

1 minute ago, nst said:

um a big fat yes 

And here I was thinking that everyone already knew. I guess that's what happens when you rewind from a very pregnant MOH Jill. The beans have been spilled. 

Sorry, internet cut out. Sorry if this is a double post.

Jill, Jessa and Joy are going on their first shopping trip without Jinger. They mention how she is in Laredo again. She is the fashionista of the group and they'll just have to do their best without her. Jessa suggests Joy get something leather. She says she's not really into leather. Jessa reminds her that he likes to hunt, so…

Jill is wearing the MUSTARD CARDIGAN.

Jessa complains that she can't find cute maternity clothes just anywhere, that she has to go to a special kind of store for that. Yes, they have maternity stores.

JIll talks about how it's hard to be excited sometimes whenever she isn't feeling her best but she's trying to be excited for Joy.

JIll talks about how they don't wear the prairie dresses and big bloomers anymore, but they still have modesty standards. High necklines, covered shoulders, nothing revealing. 

They talk Joy into trying on a couple dresses. Joy walks out in a black dress with the MUSTARD CARDIGAN. 

TH: Producers ask Josiah and Jason to name three types of fabric. Cotton, wool, spandex.

JD: denim and khaki. Joseph: plaid.

Joy tries on a large tunic with her denim skirt and looks kind of huge, like how I would look if I wore a tunic. NOT flattering. She buys two tunics and the black dress so she has options for the date.

Cut to Dirty Jesus talking about his disgusting gagging issue. This immediately makes me need to make another drink. He's been to the ENT and had an upper GI scope, doctors don't know what to think. They are hoping to find answers with an allergist. Derek does a breathing test for his lung capacity where he blows out birthday candles on a computer screen. It's not asthma.

He is a poster child for allergies. He's allergic to meat (wheat?), milk, soy, peanuts, ragweed and other plants and trees. The doctor says he may have Eosinophilic esophagitis which is when you have a cell related to allergies in your esophagus, which could be causing spasms. It's worse at certain time of the year and after he eats certain things. He says he's going out of the country in a few weeks. He needs sublingual immunotherapy in lieu of allergy shots. It goes under your tongue. It is supposed to help your body's immune system. The doctor wants to see him one more time before they go back to Danger America.

Commerical Break

I hate the timelines in these episodes. Michelle sounded insane screaming about a new Dillard.

It's a cold day in NWA. D-wreck, Bin and Austin are going to an indoor trampoline park. They comment how they came on a good day since there aren't a lot of people there. I'm guessing most people are at work, and that would be the reason for that.

The guys put on colorful geometric patterned socks. They are told not to play any rough games like crack the egg. The producers ask what Crack the Egg is, and the kids explain that along with crack the bacon. They are trampoline games.

Austin does flips on the trampoline. Hippie Jesus didn't eat before and he doesn't plan on pushing himself cuz he doesn't want to gag on the trampolines.

The guys do an obstacle course. Bin has a camera on his head. They try to climb across some swinging bars on chains. Austin outperforms them and they say he's like a cat. It was a good upper body workout for all of them. 

Bin got to know Austin better today. What drew him to Joy? She's always had a lot of character and was always more mature than girls her age. D-wreck gives him some marriage advice. 

TH: Jill talks about the challenges in their early marriage… ie her morning sickness and how it was a challenge. She talks about in sickness and in health. Most people don't get pregnant on their wedding night. Just saying.

Bin asks what Austin's vision for the next few years is. Jesus asks specifically when they are getting married. Austin says they are waiting on the Lord's timing. When he was 17 he went to his dad and asked him what he wanted him to accomplish before he got married. He had to flip 5 houses, buy and sell them. He joked about finding a monastery because that would be easier. They talk about how he's on his 5th house. They talk about his good work ethic. They had a great time hanging out at the trampoline park. 

Cut to the TTH house, decorated for Christmas. They are all going out on their triple date. Joy wears the charcoal gray tunic/dress. I'm sorry but it looks like a maternity dress. Jessa is going to help Joy with her hair. Jill doesn't feel good. 

Austin is holding Spurgy in the kitchen, and Spurgy is wearing a dark blue shirt with a huge S on it in green, and it says Spurgeon. I think they might have gotten that custom made since you probably wouldn't come across that name in a store. LOL

Bin talks about double and triple dates and how fun it is to get out with other couples. D-wreck talks about a triple date with Benessa and JB and M. 

Jessa is fixing Joy's hair and asks Hannie and Jenni to go find her shoes in the shoe bucket. 

TH: who takes longer to get ready, boys or girls? Most of them answer girls. Jessa says it depends on the guy or girl. Sometimes Bin takes longer to get ready because he irons… everything.

The little girls can only find one shoe, so Joy walks downstairs in one shoe. She searches the TTH with one shoe on. They dig through the laundry baskets. Austin finds the missing shoe! They used to keep their shoes in bins with their names on them but now it's just one big mound of shoes. 

Commercial

1 minute ago, nst said:

can I love this more than ever !! Joy is not Jill that is all I have to say 

Lol those wedding vows that Austin wrote, who knows who the hell Joy is? They're both godly women, diligent workers, and have a heart for the lord.

I found the wedding very , hmm, disjointed? , haphazard? Not certain that is even the way to describe it.  Definitely liked Jinger and Jeremy's wedding better. 

Only half watching the 2nd episode, too repetitive.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived