IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's the Final (Wedding) Countdown!

choralcrusader8613

May 27th was my cat's birthday.

I know literally no one cares, but that's what I thought of first. :pb_lol:

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Dear Pickles,

Game. Set. Match. :pb_lol:

I'm with you! I never deviated from the 27th. No other date was workable. This weekend was just too soon. 

eta: As always, screw Pickles. FJ wins again! 

52 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

Pickles was wrong once she could be wrong again. I bet she never acknowledges that she was wrong.

She said that when her source said next weekend she interpreted it as this coming weekend, blah blah blah...

She's so full of crap that her eyes are brown (no offense to brown-eyed people). She's playing CYA. 

She had to be wrong.  It also wouldn't make sense for Jill to fly in just 2 days before since she may need to have her dress altered.

10 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

She said that when her source said next weekend she interpreted it as this coming weekend, blah blah blah...

How can you misinterpret a date? Its on such and such date, no interpretation needed. She is so full of it.

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

May 27th was my cat's birthday.

I know literally no one cares, but that's what I thought of first. :pb_lol:

I care!  My only regret with adopting an adult rescue dog is I don't know her birthday to celebrate properly.  So she gets special treats on her  adoptaversary instead.  

The "source" seems to have told her "next weekend," which to me means not this weekend, but the NEXT one. Otherwise, you say "this" weekend. How does a woman live into her mid-late 50's, become a teacher, and not get this? 

The 27th would work well. It's memorial day weekend, so people would have  more time to very back for work. Silly me. They're fundies. What's a job?

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I've always questioned FAA on that. Most people can't secure those bulky car seats in properly. I'm always expecting them to get rocked around.

I have seen people use those seatbelt harness attachments. Less bulky.

I may be salty because I got hockey checked with a carseat on a flight once lol.

Not all carseats are approved for flying, maybe the one you were hit with was one of those or simply just not installed properly. Booster seats and harness vests are apparently prohibited by the FAA during ground movement, take-off and landing but not during the flight itself.

1 hour ago, GnomeCat said:

Pickles just announced there was miscommunication from her source and the wedding date is the 27th after all. @VelociRapture had the date right all along!

I feel like Pickles is being trolled and she doesn't realize it.

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

A Very Duggar Wedding Checklist

12. The words "precious", "blessing", or "sweet" are used.

13. The terms "purposed to" or "new season of life" are used.

Ok, so is this a drinking game list? 

3 minutes ago, SHERA said:

We'd be dead, or at least in the ER getting our stomachs pumped.

3 hours ago, sansan said:

If the wedding is indeed this Saturday, I can't get Joy out of my mind. She only had Jana at the house to talk to about, you know, personal things and expectations. 

Jessa and Jill don't exactly seem shy in giving (usually unsolicited) advice. Jessa is around the TTH enough and given Jill was Joy's sister-mom I'm sure they text and skype. I think Jessa would actually have some reasonable advice on these matters.

I still feel sick about JoyJoy getting knocked up in the next few months. Unless she starved herself enough to get into that wedding dress that it will impede pregnancy. Jinger was already too skinny, so she's not a surprise. Joy? She's already lost all of her curves at such an early age. #sad #thanksGothard

5 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I'm a fan of Josendra, maybe? Benessa was easy, and JinJer made itself, but Joy/Austin and Jill/Derick don't have names that go nearly as well together haha

I kinda like jill-dill

What about Jin for Joy and Austin - as in you'd need copious amounts to get through it...?

*not making light of heavy drinking, promise. It's just where my brain went.

I still feel sick about JoyJoy getting knocked up in the next few months. Unless she starved herself enough to get into that wedding dress that it will impede pregnancy. Jinger was already too skinny, so she's not a surprise. Joy? She's already lost all of her curves at such an early age. #sad #thanksGothard

I have to wonder if after she gets married, if Austin will say in a private conversation I don't care what you weigh. I want you to be healthy and comfortable in your own skin. Then again having good mental health and genuinely valuing ones spouse isn't something which seems to be important to fundie marriages.

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Done. They're officially JoKen now. Lol!

Or how about Jendr, as a reference to the umpteen million gender reveals we'll inevitably get from them. That way we get the check the "tryndy spelling" box as well. :BLAZER:

4 hours ago, SHERA said:

Any list I make is actually for drinking games. :pb_lol:

I'd suggest anyone who wants to use this for a drinking game turn it into BINGO instead. That way you can lower the risk of alcohol poisoning by having only one or two heavily featured items on your card.

Or, just alter it so you take one sip each time. And then stop at a set number of drinks.

Joy looks totally normal to me? She doesn't look too thin at all. Maybe she's lost some weight, but come on, she's hardly the first woman to lose weight before her wedding, and that's definitely not a practice exclusive to fundies. She hasn't 'lost all her curves' - she looks perfectly healthy to me, anyway. 

Pickles, as always, remains an idiot.

3 hours ago, infooverload said:

I have to wonder if after she gets married, if Austin will say in a private conversation I don't care what you weigh. I want you to be healthy and comfortable in your own skin. Then again having good mental health and genuinely valuing ones spouse isn't something which seems to be important to fundie marriages.

Jinger looks like she's put on a little bit: not in a "OMG she's gained weight" kind of way, but she looks a little less wan than she did before her wedding (maybe she's working out with Jeremy and she's put on some muscle and is eating healthier food, and is just happier). Maybe the same will happen to Joy. But considering how controlling Austin's dad is, I wouldn't be too shocked if Austin wanted to keep his wimminz skinny.

Thanks to @choralcrusader8613 for that great song stuck in my head on a Friday afternoon after a week full of work! :dramallama-nanner:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived