IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Getting Married is Too Much Work!

choralcrusader8613

I haven't kept up much with Joy's wedding plans. Will Sierra Jo Dominguez be a bridesmaid? I feel like Sierra now fills the role of "the wacky Duggar." 

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I haven't kept up much with Joy's wedding plans. Will Sierra Jo Dominguez be a bridesmaid? I feel like Sierra now fills the role of "the wacky Duggar." 

Haha, right? God, their version of 'wacky' and 'spunky' is depressing. I'm betting the bridesmaids will be Jilly as MOH, Jana, Jessa, Jinger, Hannie, Sierra, and some other random friends we've never heard about. I'm still surprised at all of Jinger's bridesmaids that we'd never seen before. It's curious that they have outside friends close enough to be in the wedding party when they spend so much time with the family. Makes you wonder if they are really that close or if they just need a large wedding party to keep up appearances. 

6 hours ago, buggers said:

Haha, right? God, their version of 'wacky' and 'spunky' is depressing. I'm betting the bridesmaids will be Jilly as MOH, Jana, Jessa, Jinger, Hannie, Sierra, and some other random friends we've never heard about. I'm still surprised at all of Jinger's bridesmaids that we'd never seen before. It's curious that they have outside friends close enough to be in the wedding party when they spend so much time with the family. Makes you wonder if they are really that close or if they just need a large wedding party to keep up appearances. 

I would put money on Carlin Bates being in the wedding party.

7 hours ago, buggers said:

I think 90% keeping up appearances and 10 % close

You know Jill Rodriguez and family will be there to mingle with the fundie royalty, try to sing for their supper, and to put Nurie on display.

I am sure that TLC will be planning Joy's wedding, just like it did Jinger's. It appears the only two brides that actually planned their own weddings were Jill and Jessa because we have seen the craptastic results. I am TLC has already planned out the honeymoon as well. 

20 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I am sure that TLC will be planning Joy's wedding, just like it did Jinger's. It appears the only two brides that actually planned their own weddings were Jill and Jessa because we have seen the craptastic results. I am TLC has already planned out the honeymoon as well. 

they will probably go to africa.  I stand by not liking Jinger's wedding at all. 

Jessa's I did.  Jill's was a hot mess like she is 

14 hours ago, nst said:

I think 90% keeping up appearances and 10 % close

Outside of sisters and sisters-in-law I'm pretty sure Jinger only had 3 "other" bridesmaids? and similar # for Jessa? Honestly that's not too abnormal for any wedding party, it's just that the duggars have soooo many sisters so all the wedding parties are HUGE by default. 

I didn't think Jill's wedding was that bad, considering she was the first girl, and the first Duggar with TLC $ to use lol. Hated Jessa's wedding (salmon-colored bridesmaids dresses with those horrid ruffle thigns, with a blush wedding gown? seriously? lol) but LOVED Jinger's (thought it was very artistic and the theme coordinated well).

My guess on bridesmaids: Carlin Bates, Austin's sister, and Hannie for sure. Probably Jana, Jessa, and Jinger. Possibly Kendra. Not Jill because of her pregnancy, and not Sierra because of the age gap. I do wonder if Sierra will get to plan the wedding, or at least the shower.

7 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

My guess on bridesmaids: Carlin Bates, Austin's sister, and Hannie for sure. Probably Jana, Jessa, and Jinger. Possibly Kendra. Not Jill because of her pregnancy, and not Sierra because of the age gap. I do wonder if Sierra will get to plan the wedding, or at least the shower.

my guesses (can't remember if i've posted them here before are not lol) would be Jill (sister-mom), Jenni (sister-buddy and junior bridesmaid), Carlin, Meagan (Austin's sister), Jinger, Jana, Jessa, and Sierra, if she wants a "smaller" wedding party. If she wants the huuuuuge wedding party then add in Anna, Hannie, and other friends. 

Joy's in the awkward middle child spot for sure, especially since she was born between all the boys. She's been in all the weddings so far, so she might feel bad about excluding any of her older sisters even if they weren't close until Joy hit her teens. And the lost girls are starting to hit bridesmaid age too...lol 

I hated Jinjer's wedding dress for the ridiculous train shackling her in place.  Of course, it's totally in line with their theory of marriage, that a woman is trapped in place, but her being in a dress she literally couldn't walk alone in, until they took off the detachable yardage, was just depressing to see.

22 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I didn't think Jill's wedding was that bad, considering she was the first girl, and the first Duggar with TLC $ to use lol

I hated Jill's bridesmaids dresses, mostly because I felt so bad for Jana. Buy fucking modest dresses and don't make Jana do all the work. I also thought it wasn't very well put together. It just seemed disorganized and bleh. 

Jessa's dress was gorgeous; the parking lot ice cream was silly. Jinger's dress was lovely but it wouldn't be something I could handle. I'd have taken a knife to that train. 

I loved Jingers's dress, her BM dresses were pretty but the color scheme didn't work IMO, Jessa's dress was really pretty too, hated her BM dresses they were cheap looking and just plain ugly.  I would have liked Jill's more if it had been fitted properly and hadn't had all that stupid modesty paneling on her arms and shoulders. The BM dresses were a pretty color and would have been fine had Jana not been tasked with adding sleeves and length.  

Have we seen or heard any hints of wedding planning with Joy?  I just wonder if any sisters are helping her, Jinger is in TX & Jill is in SCA. Jessa didn't do much with Jinger's wedding.  So who is going to be around to help Joy? Jana, and hasn't she done enough with the last 3 sisters? Maybe Joy will just say screw it and her and Austin will elope. 

My favorite was Jessas dress. It was beautiful but it was slightly too big on her. Jills dress was at least a size too big too. I liked Jingers bridesmaid dresses the most but it would have been better without the purple on Jill and if there was like 3 colors total. I felt like Jill and Jessas BM dresses were just throw away ones. Jingers actually looked the part. 

I disliked Jill's bridesmaid dresses because she made Jana completely alter them. Jill's wedding dress was very illfitting too.

Jessa, IMO had the best wedding gown. Her Bridesmaid dresses were boring.

I didn't like the neckline on Jinger's gown, it felt like it didn't match with the rest of her dress and the color scheme on the bridesmaid dresses didn't work. They should've eliminated the brown dresses and whatever the fuck was going on with Jill the attention whore's lavender one. It didn't match. 

My guess for Joy's bridesmaids: There will be 10: Jill, Jana, Jinger, Jessa, Johannah, Jenni, Carlin Bates, Meagan, Kendra Caldwell, and a family friend. 

am i the only person who adored Jinger's bridesmaid dresses? I even liked the various colors, though I wish they'd done more distinct shades of red. I don't think Jill was being attention-whoreish (bah, but who am i kidding lol) it's Jinger DID take her bridesmaids' color/shade preferences in mind and Jill always favors lighter colors than Jinger's more "autumn"-y theme (Jill being naturally fairer-skinned and lighter-eyed than her sisters). Also Jill's dress sticks out more when people only look at pictures that don't include Hannie in her light pink. If some of those reds/browns had been violet-purple or champagne-beige or even burnt-orange instead, they wouldn't have overwhelmed Jill/Johannah.

I loved Jingers bridesmaid dresses! Loved the colors. It looked so well put together and I loved the different shades. Her dress and veil was gorgeous but I wouldn't wear it.

6 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

am i the only person who adored Jinger's bridesmaid dresses? I even liked the various colors, though I wish they'd done more distinct shades of red. I don't think Jill was being attention-whoreish (bah, but who am i kidding lol) it's Jinger DID take her bridesmaids' color/shade preferences in mind and Jill always favors lighter colors than Jinger's more "autumn"-y theme (Jill being naturally fairer-skinned and lighter-eyed than her sisters). Also Jill's dress sticks out more when people only look at pictures that don't include Hannie in her light pink. If some of those reds/browns had been violet-purple or champagne-beige or even burnt-orange instead, they wouldn't have overwhelmed Jill/Johannah.

I think they were lovely dresses but the way-off color scheme made my type-A, anal retentive self twitch. 

I LOVED Jinger's train. I have always wanted a long train, but doubt I'll have the type of wedding where it won't look terribly out of place. But man, all the envy there.

21 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

My favorite was Jessas dress. It was beautiful but it was slightly too big on her. Jills dress was at least a size too big too. I liked Jingers bridesmaid dresses the most but it would have been better without the purple on Jill and if there was like 3 colors total. I felt like Jill and Jessas BM dresses were just throw away ones. Jingers actually looked the part. 

I Loved Jessa's dress. I even liked that she chose a french manicure opposed to the blue she was always sporting before she got married. 

She chose very wisely.  Jessa's BM dresses Jill wore on a regular day and I think that is what they wanted in the end.  Use something over and over. 

23 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

SNIP 

Jinger's dress was lovely but it wouldn't be something I could handle. I'd have taken a knife to that train. 

Most of her train was tulle and would bustle easily, but remember they don't have real receptions, Jing did come closest but it was still probably only 2 hours at most.  

I had a long train and veil when I married, I can't tell if it was a little shorter or I'm just that much taller than her (5'8"). But mine was all dress where as here is tulle, I had a full reception and my extra length cathedral veil was a NIGHTMARE, with the head band (got married in 1996)  it was attached to and the way it was wedged in my hair I couldn't get it off with out completely destroying my hair so I had to carry this asinine veil around for hours. I still tell brides to be who want that look, make sure you can take the veil off after the pictures you don't want to mess with it all night long. 

Wouldn't it be fabulous if she had her brothers stand up instead of her sisters? She was closer to them anyway lol

Is there a way to post the three girls (or even +Anna) side by side in their wedding dresses?  I mean, is anyone willing and able to do that?  (I know, that's probably a lot to ask.)

15 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Is there a way to post the three girls (or even +Anna) side by side in their wedding dresses?  I mean, is anyone willing and able to do that?  (I know, that's probably a lot to ask.)

Best I could do.

IMG_5562.thumb.JPG.662d946f85715198b53e0907b7ad03da.JPG

I believe Anna borrowed her dress from her sister, which is why it may not have fit exactly right. I still think she looked lovely though - ridiculously young looking though! Talk about baby face! Lol!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived