IGNORED

Seewalds 21: Walking Around Waco

choralcrusader8613

2 minutes ago, LogansMama said:

So I'm busting in without reading the previous 14 pages.  I live dangerously, like that.   I saw the pics of the fundie gals at Magnolia and the thing I don't get is, if tv is "the beast" and full of immorality, then how do they even know about Chip & Joanna?

They're allowed to watch 'wholesome' things (which is much easier now that you can get stuff on demand, buy it off iTunes or Amazon or whatever). Even back in the bad old frumper days I believe they talked about watching certain TV programs, usually older shows that they deemed appropriate.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure they know about those Magnolia people because there was some big kerfuffle about their conservative Christian views* a little while ago. So of course because Chip and Joanna are being persecuted by the evil world, the Duggars are actively supporting them.

*I vaguely heard about this but I didn't pay attention to it at all, so unfortunately I can't elaborate.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh...and my celeb crush?   Adam Sandler.   It's not the norm, but I like a guy that makes me laugh.

My crushes: Patrick Stewart and KD Lang. I was maybe 20 when Constant Craving came out and her and Cindy Crawford did the Vanity Fair spread. OMG. First girl crush ever and I was obsessed. 

Patstew.jpg

K.D.-Lang.jpeg

For me, k.d.lang, Annie Lennox, Sam Elliott, Tommy Lee Jones,.. all my celebrity crushes seem to revolve around a really good voice. Not that any of them are difficult to look at, but the voice gets me!

You might wonder, so I'll tell you. Mr. Four ain't much to look at, but he has a lovely resonant voice....

Girl crushes? I personally think Meghan Markle is a very attractive woman. Prince Harry has good taste.

meghan.jpg.8d7896ed6e5c032bf801fdfff29a31f6.jpg

15 hours ago, xlurker said:

I will see your Redford and Eastwood and raise you a Sean Connery (think Hunt for Red October)  Pierce Bronson--and not in the conventional good looking way, but I find (weirdly) sexy....Willie Nelson :)

Well if we're venturing into the realm of music, I will see your Willie Nelson and raise you Leonard Cohen for his classy dress and I'll throw in George Strait because his voice makes me melt inside.

Diego Luna can steal the plans to my Death Star any day of the week.

img-1959307-m.jpg

And as for the ladies, I am currently crushing so hard on Camila Mendes (Veronica on Riverdale)

Screen-Shot-2017-01-20-at-7.44.23-PM.png

TWO HOURS AGO! I meant to get off my computer and get some things done. And then I came across this thread drift.

I regret nothing.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

My girl crush is Rihanna. She's funny, cool and shady. Mostly I just want to hang out with her. 

Please excuse me while I attempt to fill an imaginary diversity quota :). 

00c161771d1a67a7a7a27645efe01e5a.jpg

Spoiler

Chadwick Boseman

ChIi5luUcAAN5At.jpg

Eugene Lee Yang in a wedding dress; ready to be wed. 

ELY-457x280.jpg

Jamie Camil being hot 

la-et-st-jane-the-virgin-jaime-camil-fin

Aishwarya Rai 

aish-759.jpg

Champagne Papi (AKA Drake) because he has the cheesiest, cutest smile. 

tumblr_lv77b7mK231qdyw3to1_500.jpg

34 minutes ago, xlurker said:

Ahhh--if we are going to Errol Flynn, I'd like to add Clark Gable also!

Indeed. Will this one do?

dd37e2beaf1da529410f1c967056bc01.jpg

46 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

My girl crush is Rihanna. She's funny, cool and shady. Mostly I just want to hang out with her. 

Please excuse me while I attempt to fill an imaginary diversity quota :). 

00c161771d1a67a7a7a27645efe01e5a.jpg

Chadwick Boseman

ChIi5luUcAAN5At.jpg

Eugene Lee Yang in a wedding dress; ready to be wed. 

ELY-457x280.jpg

Jamie Camil being hot 

la-et-st-jane-the-virgin-jaime-camil-fin

Aishwarya Rai 

aish-759.jpg

Champagne Papi (AKA Drake) because he has the cheesiest, cutest smile. 

tumblr_lv77b7mK231qdyw3to1_500.jpg

I was getting bored with the drift. You've reinvigorated me. Rhihanna is just someone I want to be friends with, or maybe I want to be her. Whatever it is, I want it so bad. The men you posted, definitely crushes.

8 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

So can I assume that book Binjermin is reading is just anti-Catholic fodder?

I would think so. No proof but I would imagine he will have a long blog post about it. :D 

The mention of Jaime Camil reminded me of my girl crushes on the leading ladies of Jane the Virgin- Gina Rodriguez and Yael Grobglas.

CW_JAV_Gina_Gry_Shrt_BeachH_021_V2.jpg

MV5BNjAwNjM1NjYwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzM3

Also, Candice K. Patton and Mandy Moore

2015-04-27-1430176480-69348-CandicePatto

a5e32ce4b4271b7fc5f7d41d646d7def.jpg

@samurai_sarah I feel all children should be exposed to Monty Python around age 16, It really should be mandatory.  I found a DVD of Monty Python and the Holy Grail a few years ago and bought it threw it at my then 16 DS and his stupid friends, and said watch it. After bit of back talk they watched it and are now forever in my debt.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived