IGNORED

John Shrader Part 11 - God's Grifter Falling Apart

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Come on Rodrick! You are too smart for this. You don't need John. I hope Rodrick is just using John to get stuff and is quietly planning his escape.

I'm also hoping Roderick is just enjoying hanging out in Mulamba with his wife's family, using his free phone, and traveling around in John's fleet of vehicles. He wouldn't even necessarily need to "escape", although I'm sure John will be all too happy to cut him off if he gets greedy :pb_rollseyes:

In checking around Roderick's page, I noticed something from one of John's entries about traveling around in "the bush" that I had missed before. Besides the fact that he is really angling for an opportunity to move away from his failures in Kafue, he says:

We passed out John and Romans, but it is becoming very clear that we need to pray that the Lord might graciously provide a John and Romans in the vernacular language of Nyanja (Bro. SamBarb Martin). Not many of the adults here in the villages read English. Even few of the children!

Firstly, absolutely cRazY that people in Zambia DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH FLUENTLY. I know no one has ever raised questions about that in the history of John's missions, ever. Secondly, he's going to "pray" that the Lord will provide him with MORE bibles...and tag the guy who provided an entire container of them in the first place. I would be super offended that I had invested thousands of dollars in John's pointless ministry, just for him to come back with his hand out. And the only reason John's asking is because he's too clueless to realize that English bibles are virtually useless to begin with. Maybe some language lessons would have been astronomically more useful than those flying lessons??

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it be wrong to message Handia on FB? See if he'd be willing to do an AMA? Or just tell us how things are going for Esther and the kids? What happened that made him realize who John is?

19 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Would it be wrong to message Handia on FB? See if he'd be willing to do an AMA? Or just tell us how things are going for Esther and the kids? What happened that made him realize who John is?

Most definitely do not do that. 

It is against the rules for anyone to contact any of the people we follow or discuss as representatives of FJ. 

Besides that, it's kinda creepy. 

Exclusive images of the Fruit of TeamZambiaSchraders' missions: 

IMG_5189.thumb.PNG.62259e279264206a5cb54d6c112496a1.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_5190.thumb.PNG.f3978154e8c08241776e97b8cd74e5a7.PNG

On 4/23/2017 at 4:36 AM, Palimpsest said:

I don't know why he thinks that Webster's 1828 Dictionary is so special.

Because it's the only dictionary that is divinely inspired! Just like KJV 1611 is the only version of the Bible that is the absolute, unadulterated, non-contradictory Word of God.

The OED was published beginning in 1884 and keeps getting updated, so you definitely cannot trust its definitions.

16 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Because it's the only dictionary that is divinely inspired! Just like KJV 1611 is the only version of the Bible that is the absolute, unadulterated, non-contradictory Word of God.

The OED was published beginning in 1884 and keeps getting updated, so you definitely cannot trust its definitions.

At first I truly thought you were joking - but a quick Google tells me that this is probably exactly what Shrader thinks.  From Christianbooks.com.

Product Description

Noah Webster's 1828 American Dictionary of the English Language was produced during the years when the American home, church and school were established upon a Biblical and patriotic basis. Webster made important contributions to an American educational system which kept the nation on a Christian Constitutional course for many years.

It is not surprising, therefore, that the 1828 American Dictionary should contain the greatest number of Biblical definitions given in any reference volume. Webster considered "education useless without the Bible" and while he cautioned against too extensive use of the Bible in schools as "tending to irreverence," he reiterated, "In my view, the Christian religion is the most important and one of the first things in which all children, under a free government, ought to be instructed... No truth is more evident to my mind than that the Christian religion must be the basis of any government intended to secure the rights and privileges of a free people..."

Well, knock me over with a feather.  The number of bats in Fundie belfries will never cease to amaze me.

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Exclusive images of the Fruit of TeamZambiaSchraders' missions: 

IMG_5189.thumb.PNG.62259e279264206a5cb54d6c112496a1.PNG

Hide contents

IMG_5190.thumb.PNG.f3978154e8c08241776e97b8cd74e5a7.PNG

Shrader had ten pieces of fruit. If 9 pieces of fruit were removed, how many does Shrader have left?

Methinks in the long run John's only fruit that he's going to be able to show for in Zambia is going to be the ridiculous # of wombfruits he produced while there. The only "seed" of his that turns into fruit. 

2 minutes ago, clearingthingsup said:

Methinks in the long run John's only fruit that he's going to be able to show for in Zambia is going to be the ridiculous # of wombfruits he produced while there. The only "seed" of his that turns into fruit. 

Brilliantly put.:clap:

The Bible was written in King James English, so there is no need to waste time learning Hebrew and Greek in order to study the Bible. All you need is a 1828 Websters Dictionary. The things you learn on Free Jinger...

Is it wrong to hope and pray Johnny does something stupid and end up in a Zambian jail for it.

28 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Is it wrong to hope and pray Johnny does something stupid and end up in a Zambian jail for it.

Nope. As long as Esther and the children are safe, well cared for and are able to go home to her parents. 

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

If loathing John Shrader is wrong, I don't wanna be right. 

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Nope. As long as Esther and the children are safe, well cared for and are able to go home to her parents. 

Her parents suck too. Maybe her brother. That's a lot of mouths to feed though. At least Anna doesn't have to worry about her kids being impoverished.

6 hours ago, Ali said:

The Bible was written in King James English, so there is no need to waste time learning Hebrew and Greek in order to study the Bible. All you need is a 1828 Websters Dictionary. The things you learn on Free Jinger...

So for people living in 2017, a dictionary published in 1828 is the best way to understand a book written in 1611? Do these people not understand that language changes over time? There's a reason Chaucer looks so different to us today,

3 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Her parents suck too. Maybe her brother. That's a lot of mouths to feed though. At least Anna doesn't have to worry about her kids being impoverished.

How sad is it when you have to say "well, my husband's a cheating molester; but at least HE has a decent source of income to keep our family housed and fed?" #FreeAnna #FreeEsther

(Sorry. It's after midnight here and I'm a little punchy.)

56 minutes ago, turquoise said:

So for people living in 2017, a dictionary published in 1828 is the best way to understand a book written in 1611? Do these people not understand that language changes over time? There's a reason Chaucer looks so different to us today,

Change of time equals evolution and we all know evolution is of the devil.

As for Chaucer, he was clearly unsaved. Just look at his writing.  (Not that John knows who Chaucer is, let alone read him.)

Just now, uber frau said:

Change over time equals evolution and we all know evolution is of the devil.

As for Chaucer, he was clearly unsaved. Just look at his writing.  (Not that John knows who Chaucer is, let alone read him.)

3 hours ago, Lurky said:

Chaucer wasn't even a Protestant!  :giggle:

But does John consider himself a Protestant? Most IFBs I know insist that they are not Protestant. They have existed in an unbroken line straight from the Jesus and the apostles. My sister is adamant about this since she joined up. This is what she sent me several years ago from her church's website:

“Baptists have never been linked with Protestants and have never been identified with the Roman 
Catholic Church. Through the years before and after the Reformation, they have maintained their 
identity and been faithful to the Scriptures. Real Baptists hold to the plain teaching of Christ and the 
Apostles.” 
“Baptists are not Protestants but hold tenaciously to the original precepts and practices of Christ and 
the apostles. Baptists believe the pure Word of God to be sufficient authority on all matters. Baptists 
reject all human religious traditions and practices that have originated since the time of the 
apostles.” 

@FeministShrew Wow, that's a whole new level of weird!  Do they provide ANY evidence of this?  How do they think it works??  Is all of religious history just wrong?  I mean, wiki gives a pretty damn good overview of how there were no Baptist churches before the C17th, after the Reformation... 

Also, along the same lines, what do KJV-only types think of Christians before the 17th Century?  All deluded and wrong, or well-meaning and misinformed?  (I love this stuff, it fascinates me)

1 hour ago, FeministShrew said:

Baptists reject all human religious traditions and practices that have originated since the time of the 
apostles.

If this were true, then they shouldn't be calling themselves Baptists. They'd just be Christians. 

Your sister is involved with some wackadoodles. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived