IGNORED

Blackjack Bateses! - Bates 21

choralcrusader8613

If a 27 year old man told my father he was interested in teenage me....lets just say he might never be seen again. How any parent would think that something like that is ok boggles my mind.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen various Instagram posts recently that show Trace, Carlin, and Lawson in the Philippines on a mission trip. In every photo, the Bates kids are playing with or hanging out with children. I'm amazed that they flew halfway across the world to just spend time with children.  The Bates family posts say that they went there to help earthquake victims.

I don't get it at all and have no idea who would pay for them to go on a trip where they do absolutely nothing but hang out with children.

2 hours ago, wandering woman said:

I've seen various Instagram posts recently that show Trace, Carlin, and Lawson in the Philippines on a mission trip. In every photo, the Bates kids are playing with or hanging out with children. I'm amazed that they flew halfway across the world to just spend time with children.  The Bates family posts say that they went there to help earthquake victims.

I was thinking the same thing. I have a friend who serves full- time with his wife in Davao City, Philippines. It's called Family Circus Children's Ministries, which is essentially Vacation Bible school on steroids because there are 6,000 children that attend each week. After services, they provide a meal, multivitamins, sometimes shoes, dental care and first aid.

4 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

There was a picture of Nathan doing dental stuff on a little girl (which I PRAY it was just a photo opp and not actual work) Picture is via (http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/image/164639830954)

I'm extremelly dissapointed and angry with this picture!. How can a person with no sanitary  degree pretend to be a dentist? It's insulting. The picture is screaming oh you poor phillipines don't need real doctors, a cowboy role-playing doctor is enough. Because you're in a third world country and you know, dignity and health level are lower there.

It's one of the worst images about fundies I've seen.

You want to help people medically? Study medecine, nursing, etc. In an acreddited college. Then go and be a doctor wherever you want.

Im... what? What.the.fuck.is.he.doing. Just when you think you've seen it all from these people. Fundie hearts must be melting all over! If I rolled my eyes any harder they would come straight out if my damn head.

I feel like this is another ep of "showing Nathan" look he is good with kids, he has a godly heart, he goes on mission to help the poor little brown kids, look at him, how good he is, ecc 

ugh I really hope this plot end soon cause I'm already tired to see always Nathan

Damned if I'd let some fundy with a GED, AT BEST, get anywhere near my mouth with dental instruments.

I'm trying to figure out what type of fundie bs of a group is this. I've had sorority sisters/friends who have done trips like these but they're just doing intake (ie: weight/BP) while the actual professional doctors/dentists did the actual work.

IBLP works in the Philippines, I wonder if they are there with them. Whatever group they are with is clearly not a reputable one since they are allowing untrained people do dental work. 

10 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I feel like this is another ep of "showing Nathan" look he is good with kids, he has a godly heart, he goes on mission to help the poor little brown kids, look at him, how good he is, ecc 

ugh I really hope this plot end soon cause I'm already tired to see always Nathan

I think he'll have to be courting before they stop that. This is Nathan's version of Tinder. Just swipe left. 

8 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I think he'll have to be courting before they stop that. This is Nathan's version of Tinder. Just swipe left. 

Oh i know we have to wait till godly maiden dosen't show up but i'm already tired it seems like is going on from trim a looong time this "show off Nathan teme"

I think Carlin and Bobby's courtship has already begun (and been filmed) and I predict a Christmas wedding for Tori and Bobby

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:12 PM, candygirl200413 said:

There was a picture of Nathan doing dental stuff on a little girl (which I PRAY it was just a photo opp and not actual work) Picture is via (http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/image/164639830954) 

Just went and looked at the source and what the actual fuck is a "medical mission" and why are people who don't even have basic medical training allowed to go on one? That poor little girl looks absolutely terrified. I sincerely hope he isn't actually doing anything except looking inside that poor girl's mouth. 

I watched last week's episode last night with my 5 yr old.  He had a running commentary.  "Look at all the kids!" (He calls the show "the one with all the kids").  Then there was a lot of discussion about the swimming lesson and the shooting and the fishing.  It was actually more entertaining than the show.  

I did notice that the preview for next week indicates that they will show Michael talking about her fertility struggles with Erin.  I wonder if it was filmed around the time Michael wrote that blog entry.  

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:44 PM, Mayluka said:

Trace now has a (public) Instagram.

He will soon be spotted with a special friend...

Nathan pretending to be a dentist is appalling. Who knows what harm he could have done in that poor little girl's mouth. This mission trip has me more fed up with them than ever. I'm also sick of seeing all the happy birthday posts to Nathan on Instagram.  They showed up three times on my feed. Enough is enough.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:41 AM, JoyJoy said:

I just a recap of the Facebook live chat the Bates did at the Balka's home http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/post/164060535039/since-i-cant-watch-the-episodes-i-am-very-thankful

Josie only has one semester left and Kelton has already graduated, so I think they could be married before Tori and Bobby.

Thanks for the recap! Like you, I find this part ridiculous: 

"hey ask Kelton what he majored in. He says finances. And he works as a licensed plumber.

Gil jokes that he is a genius, that he graduated and already has a real job, and is a working machine. ((Its not what most people do?))"

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I did notice that the preview for next week indicates that they will show Michael talking about her fertility struggles with Erin.  I wonder if it was filmed around the time Michael wrote that blog entry.  

I think in the preview we see Erin wearing the same outfit as a photo from her Instagram on that trip (early June). Michael's blog post was in late June. I'd say she probably did write it around the same time.

2 hours ago, SuhrEnity said:

He will soon be spotted with a special friend...

Campbell Roberts?

He majored in finance and he works as a licenced plumber? What? How old is Kelton? How has he had time to get a university degree and become a plumber?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived