IGNORED

Safe at Home 2: The Continuing Adventures of The Arndts

choralcrusader8613

I'm pretty sure we are the only people outside the family who actually want to see Vine Valley. Rick needs to just market it to us. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They went to PEI. Anne of Green Gables has always made me want to visit PEI just once. 

They can swing around the Maritimes as much as they want; Nova Scotia, PEI, and and New Brunswick are all open for them. I, personally, don't want to see Rick and Cathy in reality, so please let them never think it will be a good idea to the ferry across to Newfoundland. :P 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They went to PEI. Anne of Green Gables has always made me want to visit PEI just once. 

Me too, especially when the trees on the White Way of Delight are in bloom.

@Carm_88, I went to Newfoundland over 20 years ago and so want to go back! I also loved PEI, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.

1 hour ago, Hane said:

@Carm_88, I went to Newfoundland over 20 years ago and so want to go back! I also loved PEI, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.

All beautiful places! That is for certain! :) 

@JermajestyDuggar Me too!  It's a huge dream to cycle around PEI.  Also on the list, trains through the Rockies, pretty much anywhere on any Canadian coast, Toronto (I don't even know why but it's in my head as an amazing city), redwood forests, just anything Canadian! 

41 minutes ago, Lurky said:

It's a huge dream to cycle around PEI

This!  But my dream would never include rain, which isn't realistic. 

3 hours ago, Lurky said:

@JermajestyDuggar Me too!  It's a huge dream to cycle around PEI. 

It wouldn't take long. :pb_lol: PEI is quite small but definitely has a whole lot of beauty! You can take the Confederation Bridge from New Brunswick to PEI, it's quite pretty. Jasper and Banff are must sees if you would like to see the beauty of the Rockies. Montreal and Quebec City, of course. 

And obviously, I recommend anywhere in Newfoundland because I'm extremely biased! :pb_lol:

@Carm_88, we spent our vacation traveling along the west coast from the southern tip (where our ferry landed) to the Northern Pen. We stayed at provincial campsites, which were beautifully maintained.

6 minutes ago, Hane said:

@Carm_88, we spent our vacation traveling along the west coast from the southern tip (where our ferry landed) to the Northern Pen. We stayed at provincial campsites, which were beautifully maintained.

Gros Mourne is beautiful! So that is always something to go for! As well as Terra Nova and all the places in between. :) Provincial parks are well maintained! 

14 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Montreal and Quebec City, of course. 

My dd may be in Montreal for an internship this summer. Her sister may go with her, so a 19-yr old and 17-yr old.  Do you know if they have any extended stay type places that might be fairly reasonable to rent? 

When they do marry, are they all going to live in that house?   Honestly, I think that this family is so off the traditional grid of what we think a typical family will do, that I. ..I can't even.

Begin.

To.

Figure it out.

On 7/23/2017 at 1:08 PM, Palimpsest said:

I'm sure the Arndt childults are as good at tossing wash cloths as they are at softball.  The problem is that they are tossing them into the wrong second story bathtub.

I suspect this ritual only works with a washcloth tossed into the bathtub on the second floor of his parents' house.

Cue the Arndt boy-men starting to use drones to drop washcloths into the bathtub in someone else's house.  I hope that bathroom hasn't been renovated since 1975.  

Or perhaps, horrors, the ritual only worked because it was Rick's special wash cloth - now 42 year old!

This makes me Segway into "laying down a fleece" for a prayer.  Which I am not knocking in any way.

But the washcloth?

Don't get that

On 9/14/2017 at 10:57 AM, Carm_88 said:

They can swing around the Maritimes as much as they want; Nova Scotia, PEI, and and New Brunswick are all open for them. I, personally, don't want to see Rick and Cathy in reality, so please let them never think it will be a good idea to the ferry across to Newfoundland. :P 

Maybe they can swing by Halifax and visit Sunnyvale Trailer Park?

17 hours ago, katilac said:

My dd may be in Montreal for an internship this summer. Her sister may go with her, so a 19-yr old and 17-yr old.  Do you know if they have any extended stay type places that might be fairly reasonable to rent? 

I'm not Quebec nor could I say but I would imagine that they have something. It's a large city. 

2 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Maybe they can swing by Halifax and visit Sunnyvale Trailer Park?

And see Ricky and Bubbles? :P 

Fear not, intrepid Arndt watchers, Mom and Dad are safely home from the Godless Northeast and have blessed us with another master bedroom birthday party photo!  Here's James having an absolutely fantastic time celebrating the first day of the last year of his 20's.  Next year we'll have another 30 something Arndt.  I think that makes six?  With Paul rapidly approaching the big four O.

Spoiler

James is my age. :o I can't imagine the highlight of my birthday being a birthday cake in Mom and Dad's room. 

5 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

James is my age. :o I can't imagine the highlight of my birthday being a birthday cake in Mom and Dad's room. 

Oh, but the highlight is the night before!  When you do the always original "It's the day before my birthday" song and dance routine in your parents' bedroom.  

3 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Oh, but the highlight is the night before!  When you do the always original "It's the day before my birthday" song and dance routine in your parents' bedroom.  

Oh! How could I forget? :happy-partydance::bdayparty::bdayparty:

Someone may have said this before, but I just had the thought that the kids have their birthday celebrations in their parents' room b/c they were conceived in that room. Just Rick and Cathy bringing things back to where they all started, stressing the importance of all that Godly procreation. :)

Yesterday I saw this topic picked up speed again. I laughed and laughed when I realized it was because people were talking about vacation spots :)

Sadly, nothing has changed in the groundhog life that is an Arndt

The Arndts being single are by far the most perplexing of all the FJ fundies. I get why some of the other FJ fundies are still single. But the Arndts travel and meet new people through their jobs. Many of the boys are quite nice looking. They can't have super strict modesty standards since their mom is always wearing shortie shirts. They seem to have enough money for their own home and family since they all work. They don't seem to be socially awkward or super shy. So I just don't understand why they are single. 

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived