IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Part 4: Now with Bad Poetry!

Destiny

@FleeJanaFree Jill is just a narcissist and does it to cultivate a social media presence and also because she probably thinks her "fans" really care about every thought.  Jackie truly feels in the right and also has a little too much time on her hands.  There are no more little kids and her oldest SAHD is clearly doing a lot of the housework. I didn't follow her FB prior to the arrest so I can't comment, but her PA posts are also probably the only way to communicate with her estranged daughters and friends.  As for new moms, I will say that I was on FB a lot during both my maternity leaves.  You have a chunks of free time at random hours, frequently while holding a baby.  You can't socialize much IRL between having a little one that you don't want to get sick and the baby's totally unpredictable schedule.  So there is the time and the drive for more on line interactions.  Not to mention thinking that everyone needs to see the latest cute picture. :pb_lol:  My baby is definitely the most beautiful ever so pictures abound.  

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@FleeJanaFree One of the tragedies of Jill Rod is that she has some really good entrepreneurial instincts, but has been hemmed in by a SOTDRT education on one hand, and her parents' "do as I say, not as I do" upbringing, with quiverfull etc.  Now, Jill has the weirdest definition of Stay At Home Mom I've ever seen (not only is she traveling the country working for a living, her entire family down to her toddlers are also working to put food on the table, quite literally singing for their suppers.  So Jill's use of facebook is crazy, but also tactical, because everything's a grifting opportunity (including her sister being in hospital after becoming paraplegic, and this week, Jill's own scary news about her current pregnancy, for anyone who doesn't follow her).

So I kind of get why Jill does it.   She posts-and-deletes a lot, so it doesn't look like she's flooding the feeds with Plexus stuff, and all the stuff about her family is a not-so-subtle advert in one way or another.  

But Jackie?   I have no clue!   How can she possibly think her endless attempts to shame her daughters will work?   It's like she's following a rulebook for how to push the daughters further away - and while of course this happens in secular families, the fact the Smiths made such a big deal about how their husbands would be their daughters' headships, but now are horrified the daughters aren't following THEIR rules, is hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

From the revolting Mrs. Cap'n's public FB page:

(Yesterday): My first grandchild was born 11 years ago today. He didn't breathe for the longest...but God is merciful & he grew into a healthy boy! Named for his Pop & his Dad, he is the 3rd Bret Alan Smith. May the blessings of God rest upon little Bret. May he know that his grandparents love him dearly today and always.

Jan 9: My 3rd grandson, Ronald Michael Smith, was born on this day 10 years ago. I was there to help Katie & Alan deliver him, as the midwife was still enroute for the very quick labor/delivery when he made his appearance! Happy Birthday, dear Ron! May God bless and keep you today; may His face shine upon you. May you know how deeply you are loved by your Abuelita & Pop!

How dare she. HOW DARE SHE. If she loved her Smith grandchildren, she would be supporting them and their mother instead of their disgusting (alleged) molester of a father. But she has made her choice clear; it is her POS son instead of her grandchildren.

I know it's totally BEC compared to, you know, the child abuse, but I  can't stand how she calls herself "abuelita" and things like that when really they just spent a little time as missionaries in PR and speak some rudimentary Spanish.

12 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I know it's totally BEC compared to, you know, the child abuse, but I  can't stand how she calls herself "abuelita" and things like that when really they just spent a little time as missionaries in PR and speak some rudimentary Spanish.

I get it. It's like my agitation with Scientology using Naval uniforms complete with ribbons. It's nowhere near the worst thing they do, but it's fucking irritating none the less.

Today her woe is me post is about Bethany's birthday and how they used to be the best of friends.

Um, woman...had you not thrown all your might behind your son, who is charged with raping a child - in his own damn family - maybe the grown daughter with children related to the monster would still be talking to you.

Choose the son you made some demented prince over your grandchildren - - well, I guess you get exactly what you deserve. 

I hope Katie is able to shield her kids from all of this. It's obvious that Jackie doesn't. She only cares about her own damn self....bitch.

I can't be the only one who read her post and wondered If your wife has been sick for over a year with amoebic dysentary WHY would you impregnate her? Seriously? 

I assume since she didn't tag Bethany, they must no longer be FB friends?

21 hours ago, Mudgie said:

I can't be the only one who read her post and wondered If your wife has been sick for over a year with amoebic dysentary WHY would you impregnate her? Seriously? 

I assume since she didn't tag Bethany, they must no longer be FB friends?

It would make sense. Why would Bethany stay friends with her, just to constantly be used in her narcissistic, drama inducing abuse? the way she posts about her daughters and children is dripping with 'it's all their fault and I am innocently flummoxed and god is going to show them!'

It's all so calculated and beyond pathetic. Hopefully, all the daughters have removed their parent's ability to continue to use them and drag them into their self righteous pity.

I recently read through all these threads - I was on FJ hiatus when it broke - and it’s just heartbreaking. But the differences in how the families are handling it is very telling.

It seems to me that the Mortons actually practice what they preach. They take their responsibilities as Christian men and patriarchs seriously, and will protect the women and children they believe they hold authority over - even resuming patriarchal authority over Katie and her kids when her husband failed them so terribly. They seem fully prepared to support them indefinitely and to call out the man who has wronged me over and over again. I have a lot of problems with the Mortons because their beliefs/way of life, but at least they are morally consistent.

The Smiths, on the other hand....... if there was ever any doubt that their family and religiosity was more than just a huge vanity project for the Captain, it’s gone now. They are twisting and turning, trying desperately to justify their way of life and their parenting and their sons appalling behaviour and appearing more and more hypocritical. The sudden call to prison ministry is ridiculous and Jackie’s martyrdom is doing her no favours with anyone but her mother and her husband. Sadly, the Morton marriages are probably the best things that ever happened to the Smith daughters. I really worry about the kids remaining at home. Will they be condemned to eternal servitude, prison ministry and supporting Alan? What family would enter into courtships with the Smith family as things stand? And what was Sitara rebelling about and how did they quench it? That girl looks miserable.

And surely the charges must move forward soon?

Grandma sucks, too. Jackie and Bret (and Alan, of course) ought to be the ones begging, not asking, for forgiveness. Shame on them.

IMG_8356.PNG

Ah, the ultimate martyr, Jacqueline Lea Smith. Poor, poor, perfect mama, bein' disrespected by her ungrateful, ungodly adult daughters. Surely god will fix that; the perfect Smiths would never be left swaying in the wind. 

Considering they raised their daughters to turn every part of themselves over to their husbands; to obey them and conform and be who the menz need/want them to be, I still find it surprising (not) that they whine that following their husbands instead of their parents is such a traumatizing thing. 

You reap what you sew. 

Oh @FleeJanaFree don't you know the Fundy way?  When bad things happen to people Fundies don't like, it's 100% God's just punishment for sins that might not be obvious, but they're there.  But if the bad things happen to the likes of Captain Bret or Jackie, it's interchangeably Satan trying to torment them/God testing them, and they'll get rewarded for it in heaven.   They never ever ever do anything wrong, so how could they be punished?

5 hours ago, Lurky said:

Oh @FleeJanaFree don't you know the Fundy way?  When bad things happen to people Fundies don't like, it's 100% God's just punishment for sins that might not be obvious, but they're there.  But if the bad things happen to the likes of Captain Bret or Jackie, it's interchangeably Satan trying to torment them/God testing them, and they'll get rewarded for it in heaven.   They never ever ever do anything wrong, so how could they be punished?

Yeah, god's favorites here on earth are Capt'n Bret & Jacquie. Everything they choose in life is directly from their god as reward for being the bestest of the best Christians ever. Anything that other people choose in life is god's reward if they are friends of the Smiths but punishment if they are not. Their god doesn't give a shit about heathens unless he is punishing them for having sex or kissing their fiance'. 

If, on the other hand, their choices lead to the uglies (re: their son in jail for raping a child) it's all about Satan and everyone who even looks at them askew is on the wrong side of god and isn't a good Christian and is going to suffer in the lake of fire for eternity. Not them, or the son who knowingly and intentionally hurt a child - they are all still going to heaven because, again, they are their god's favorites. 

Their adult daughters are going to rot in hell now too since they stand with their husbands and, you know, human decency, and don't support their brother getting off scot free because he 'repented'. If, however, they come crawling back to Bret & Jacquie, well, their god will reward them with heaven again. 

And if you think that rambling was convoluted, imagine what it's like inside the Smith brains. 

In a tangential way the Cap'n and Jacquie remind me of a story a co-worker told me. 

She and her older sister were raised Orthodox Jewish, Not wig wearing or head covering, but still very conservative.  Her sister fell in love with a gentile guy and against her parents loud, screaming, vociferous objections eloped and married him. 

The parents sat Shiva for the sister, pronounced her dead and acted as if she was. Funeral service and everything. After a year put up a headstone at the grave. Yes they bought a grave site. No contact at all.  The entire extended family acted as if the woman was dead.   They also tried to stop my co-worker from seeing her sister, but as she was an adult, she did so anyway.  This went on for 9 years. 

The sister and hubby divorced,  Partly my co-worker said because of the stress of being "dead" to the entire family.  Immediately after the divorce was final the whole family declared the sister was no longer dead and had a "Welcome Home" party for her.

The story doesn't have a happy ending as the sister committed suicide a couple of years after the parents declared her un-dead.  The kicker was that they told my co-worker they would rather that she really be dead than married to the gentile guy.

As you might imagine the whole incident caused a huge rift between my co-worker and her family.

• 2 weeks later...

So this is a bit off topic but I've always felt bad for Sitara Smith. She was described as being difficult by Jackie at one point but got through it. I don't even want to know what they did to her to get her to "behave." She's also the only black child in their family. So she looks different from everyone because of her skin color AND the fact that she's taller than everyone. Plus I doubt Jackie has ever bothered to learn how to do her daughter's hair. And I am sure she hasn't taken her to salons for African American hair. I'm sure the Smiths are "color blind" or some shit Iike that and don't recognize the differences in hair texture in order for her to be able to do her hair the way she wants. 

But now I've come to realize Sitara is the only child out of the twelve that doesn't have a biological sibling in the group! I really feel for that girl and I hope she can break away from this family and maybe get some support from her older adoptive sisters. 

I've had similar thoughts about Sitara. I don't mean the bit about not having a biological siblilng but about her hair. She's a truly lovely looking young lady. Hair is such a large part of the African American culture and I do wonder If she's ever been exposed to or educated about it. Friends of mine adopted their three children from Ethiopia and she has gone out of her way to learn about how to care for her children's hair and how to teach them to care for their own hair. If you have a child with african american hair, you should learn how to properly care for it and be able to teach them how to do so.

I don't think it has to do with being color blind so much as aware of the different needs of different bodies. I don't see it as any different than my kids. One of my kids has my very curly hair, the other 3 have my husbands straight hair. I've taught the curly haired one differently than the other 3. Curly hair requires different care than straight hair. 

So if Jackie wasn't already loathsome, according to her fb, she doesn't spay/neuter her pets. And jokes about roadkill.

What a vile, vile bitch.

I've always been in the "Free Sitara" camp.   I've also always wondered if the older Smiths count their adopted children as being their true siblings or not?   Like, if one of the younger ones reached out for help, would the older ones give them a home etc?  

Re: Sitara, I have a good friend who is half-white and half-Latina. Her father bowed out in her first year of life, and she was raised by her white mother and white step-father. We had a revealing discussion once about how difficult it was to be without that part of her cultural heritage and how she had learn to navigate the complexity of living as a person of color in the United States without much guidance. It kept her from fully understanding a piece of herself and how others view her. I’m not against interracial adoptions, by any means, but it really made me see the importance of encouraging and facilitating adoptees to learn about their cultural heritage and encouraging them to develop relationships with the community or communities they identify with. 

15 hours ago, Lurky said:

I've always been in the "Free Sitara" camp.   I've also always wondered if the older Smiths count their adopted children as being their true siblings or not?   Like, if one of the younger ones reached out for help, would the older ones give them a home etc?  

I think they would. I might have a petty side but I almost think it would be a nice "fuck you" to Bret and Jackie if they took in a younger sibling that left. 

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think they would. I might have a petty side but I almost think it would be a nice "fuck you" to Bret and Jackie if they took in a younger sibling that left. 

Win-win, in my opinion. I really hope Sitara can escape. She looks miserable.

Katie looks so much at peace with her ex in jail. He was an abuser not just of children but his wife as well.

I hope her art business takes off so she can at least support herself and the kids. She is a beautiful person and neither she nor the children deserved the abuse --not just what he is charged with but the spiritual, emotional and financial abuse as well.

Hope there is a court date soon. She needs some closure so she and the children can fully heal.

OK, went to the loathsome Mrs. Cap'n's public FB myself and found this gem:

Ok, so I love math, and I usually understand even High School Math with no trouble whatsoever, but this is Sitara's Saxon 7/6 and I'm stumped on one question. Question 8 says: "What decimal part of 20 is 3?" You get the answer given in the key of 0.15 by dividing 3 by 20, but who understood the question, and why do those words mean to divide 3 by 20? Can anybody explain this to me?

Um. This is NOT "High School Math," this is middle school math at best and if you don't understand basic fractions and decimals, maybe someone else should be teaching your child math. News flash, there are these wonderful things called "schools" where your child can be taught by people who actually do understand math, at no additional cost to yourself.

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived