IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Part 4: Now with Bad Poetry!

Destiny

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Browsing through some pages of Martha's book, it appears Cleve is quite the cook!  Lucky Lise!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. These people need to keep this shit off the internet. Are any of them really thinking about the victim(s)? No. All of them are self-righteous, holier than thou fundie assholes trying to one up each other on the holiness scale. They need to STFU and focus on the victims.

Excerpts from a letter from Alan a couple of weeks ago.

I wonder what parts they left out. This was pretty long and self-absorbed.

He has taken away my Fear, and – for the most part – set my face like a flint to ignore the constant taunts of my detractors, especially those that I once thought were my friends. It is truly His grace that enables me to say that they affect me almost none whatsoever, 9 days out of 10.

Mayhap the problem is that instead of listening to the people criticizing him he has decided to think about how awesome he is. Not one iota of repentance or shame in this letter.

He gave me Mastery Over Self last year, which is continually improving.

So he stopped masturbating? Or at least claims to? This is in the letter he sent home?

My great lacks are Music, Balance, Rhythm and Beauty. I feel like I have little to none of these, either in me or around me.

He is insufferable. He is locked up for raping a child, he doesn't get Music, Balance, Rhythm and Beauty. 

If I try to sing, it gets shouted down with loud 'Boos' and howling.

Well this just brightened my day.

Sometimes I remember the dream God gave me last year of what is to come, which is Gloriously Beautiful, and I'm comforted.

I'm guessing the dream isn't to spend a good chunk of his life in prison, which is what will hopefully happen. 

I used to have a Purpose and a Calling, I thought, centered around my children. In them I found most of the above, especially Beauty and Duty. 

Knowing what he is accused of doing this is just disturbing. 

Just to make sure my own hands are squeaky-clean, I've been getting up every morning since and helping clean. [pun intended] I'm now the unified brunt of the cadre-de-cable, namely Billy, Dan and Ephron. 

Can someone translate this? 

I find their chatter silly, inconsequential and lacking penetration.

I bet they don't exactly like talking to him either. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I'm guessing at some of the motives here: Charlie shoved Billy around for "talking smack" (saying something Charlie didn't like). Alan prayed and decided to intervene by talking to Billy which included threatening the TV (not entirely sure how, maybe Alan threatened to destroy it? And I'm not sure why Alan talked to Billy and not Charlie, since it sounds like Charlie was the aggressor...but whatever). Alan is now helping to clean in the morning (probably so the guards think he's behaving and not causing problems with the others? I'm guessing this is in case the situation becomes a general fight, so he'll be able to claim that he didn't provoke it.). But the guys who like the TV (Billy, Dan and Ephron) are still retaliating against Alan for threatening the TV (no mention of how they're retaliating aside from their annoying, silly, inconsequential chatter that lacks penetration). Supposedly this altercation has made them more respectful to the older men and Alan thinks he could take them on in fight. 

22 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Charlie grabbed Billy Saturday night and shoved him around the dayroom for talking smack. I prayed about it a lot, and had quiet words with Billy myself early Sunday morning. That, as I anticipated, shifted his focus onto me – squarely, as I threatened his beloved God, the TV. Just to make sure my own hands are squeaky-clean, I've been getting up every morning since and helping clean. [pun intended] I'm now the unified brunt of the cadre-de-cable, namely Billy, Dan and Ephron. I suppose it ought to be annoying, but Yahweh has truly 'set my face like flint,' and I find their chatter silly, inconsequential and lacking penetration. On the bright side, they've been notably less disrespectful to the older men, ever since. [grin] Around here, it doesn't hurt that I could take any 2 of them in a fight – maybe all 3 – and they know it.

I imagine the other prisoners find Alan insufferable - and they wouldn't be predisposed to liking in the first place, given his crime is the most hated in prisons. 

I would love to read “ excerpts “ from the other prisoners letters about Alan. I imagine they would give quite another story. 

I have no clue why they thought publishing Alan's thoughts about other prisoners would be a good Idea. He just looks a little petty and gossipy and if you know this jail you would presumably know who he's talking about.

If you pretend to have a prison ministry you should learn to Respect Confidentiality. Just my Humble two cents.

18 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Mastery of Self? 

Hmmm.

He has mastered not raping any children since he was locked up.

19 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. These people need to keep this shit off the internet. Are any of them really thinking about the victim(s)? No. All of them are self-righteous, holier than thou fundie assholes trying to one up each other on the holiness scale. They need to STFU and focus on the victims.

Ah but what would we snark on?!?    

On 1/3/2018 at 12:21 AM, nickelodeon said:

ETA- Is he talking about Eragon with the inmates?

My guess is the Dragonriders of Pern.  And the whole thing is a load of self-involved codswallop.  However, he can't say anything about repentance or admit any guilt in that letter.

19 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Mastery of Self? 

Master of his domain.  

Masturbation is illegal in prison and in jails.  If people get caught it adds to the charges.

18 hours ago, formergothardite said:

This bit?  

Just to make sure my own hands are squeaky-clean, I've been getting up every morning since and helping clean. [pun intended] 

My guess is that he is waking up with a boner but to avoid masturbating (sinful as well as criminal) he's joined a cleaning crew.  He is pissing off his jail mates mightily and that is ot a good idea.  I'd say it would be cruel and unusual punishment to have to deal with Alan's preachiness in jail.

It kind of reminds me of John Geoghan's reported arrogance in his first prison placement at MCI Concord.  As a convicted child molester he was in protective custody, but pissed everyone off by behaving like an entitiled priest deserving respect.  Like expecting people to open doors for him and let him go first in the chow line.  He complained that the guards made an example of him unfairly so he was sent to another even more secure unit at a maximum security prison, Souza-Baranowski.

And another inmate murdered him.  Good riddance.

http://archive.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2003/11/30/in_death_geoghan_triggers_another_crisis/  

25 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

My guess is the Dragonriders of Pern.  And the whole thing is a load of self-involved codswallop.  However, he can't say anything about repentance or admit any guilt in that letter.

My first guess was also Dragonriders of Pern.

I guessed Pern too, but the idea of him reading about the whole "the queenrider has to have sex with whichever dragonrider catches the queen" makes me feel violently ill.*

Any translators for "cadre-de-cable"?  Could he mean cabal there?

I would hope that the missing parts are full of repentance for his crimes.   I guess Captain Bret could be leaving that out on lawyers' advice (though that would mean he's contesting it, which is so shitty for the victims, in light of absolutely everyone in his family, even his parents, having said or implied he's guilty) but I really, REALLY hope the missing pasts aren't "please re-double your efforts to convince the victim(s) to keep quiet.

(* I used to love those books when I was 14 and 15, but the implications of a lot of it are pretty horrible, she generally likes men a lot more than women, with the occasional Not Like Other Girls heroine, and her theories on gayness are repulsive.   I guess I can see why a Fundy might like it...)

4 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Any translators for "cadre-de-cable"?  Could he mean cabal there?

I think he's talking about the people he was fighting over the TV.

39 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I think he's talking about the people he was fighting over the TV.

OH!  That makes sense!  (I haven't thought about cable TV as a thing since the 90s!)

15 minutes ago, Lurky said:

(I haven't thought about cable TV as a thing since the 90s!)

It is still very common in my neck of the woods.  Literally woods.  The trees make satellite dishes useless.  There are dead zones for cell phones too so most people hang on to their landlines.

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

I used to love those books when I was 14 and 15, but the implications of a lot of it are pretty horrible, she generally likes men a lot more than women, with the occasional Not Like Other Girls heroine, and her theories on gayness are repulsive.   I guess I can see why a Fundy might like it...

They are pretty awful.  I read some of them years ago.  I liked the Harper Hall trilogy better than the others.  Probably the feudal society, anti-gay, and macho man stuff appeals to Fundies like Alan, so they give the odd uppity woman character a pass.   

Alan was raised on ego and propped up from day one to believe he is someone special and important and godly. This kind of bloviating isn't new; reading even comments on old Smorton blogs (examples are limited since the Smiths went on a cleaning spree, but enough still remain) give you a sense of his entitlement, poor education and perfect godly man complex.

He's been a cad from day one and I will forever be appalled that Papa Smurf Morton made Katie marry him. 

He clearly still thinks of himself as the right hand of some god. 

Some friend of Bret's has stepped in to defend Alan. I suspect he's accurately summarizing the Smiths' attitude. No thought at all for the people dealing with the fallout from his crimes-- just forgive and forget. 

Screenshot_20180105-154441.png

Some friend of Bret's has stepped in to defend Alan. I suspect he's accurately summarizing the Smiths' attitude. No thought at all for the people dealing with the fallout from his crimes-- just forgive and forget. 

Here's someone else this Larry McNorton likes besides Bret and Alan:

image.png.22846c85bf9ed32d148a3ce365ef8e3f.png

Rick Knox is running for lieutenant governor and he wants you to know, among other things, that he wants no votes from perverts.

My response to people who want me to forgive extreme wrongdoing (you know, like raping your own children) is that if God wants to forgive them, that's his business. I don't pretend to be him, so I don't feel the need to forgive evil.

Ooh lovely... God forgives child rapists but not people who ask Bret questions on Facebook or fail to attend Jackie's parties. 

They missed a theological lesson:  God forgives, but that doesn't remove temporal punishment.

On 1/2/2018 at 6:00 PM, fundiefan said:

Apparently Alan is becoming an author while in prison. And so strong he can take on three fellow inmates and win...or so he says.

The disconnect is palpable with him; it's clear where he gets it, but damn. 

From Bret's page:

Excerpts from a letter from Alan a couple of weeks ago.

````````````````````````````
I've been doing a lot of praying and meditation yesterday afternoon and this morning, thinking about what God is calling me to do. My attention was called to a Tolkienesque novel I read once, which a couple of guys here have read as well. As we discussed it together, my first, instinctive reaction was to call it a silly flight of fancy. But on further reflection, I cannot. It's a large book, well written. As we began tearing the story apart piece by piece, I found myself trying to figure out two things: what are the true themes of the story, and why does mankind find them so appealing? Why would a story about men who have a deep, telepathic link with a mythical creature, greater and (usually) wiser than themselves, resonate within the hearts of so many? Here are some of my thoughts.

We have a native longing to be a part of something larger than ourselves. To have a True Friend; to know, and be known. To be able to share, effortlessly, the innermost secrets of our Heart of Hearts with someone (or something) at the direct, mental level, and be accepted by that someone. I believe this comes from an innate desire to commune in our souls with the Holy Spirit, and to have Him respond to us. The following elements, which speak to our own inner longings, appear to give a story universal appeal:

The desire for Power: to be considered significant, and taken seriously. Like the kind of power one feels when physically, emotionally and psychologically destroying an innocent child or children?

To leave our Mark on the world around us.   Again, by physically, emotionally and psychologically destroying an innocent child or children.

To be free from Fear. Oh irony. As though the Smith's don't thrive on fear. As though Alan didn't likely thrive on the fear of his victims. 

To Love, and be Loved. He keeps using this word. I do not think it means what he thinks it means.

To have Skill, and be extremely good at something. The story of becoming the Best at something is appealing, because it puts hope in our hearts that, maybe, just maybe, we too can Excel at something. Can't even touch this one.

To have Music, Rhythm and Flow, which in action translates to Balance, Poise, Elegance and Grace. In order to have these things, to have the right to these things, to be able to create these things, one should start by not being an evil prick. Just a thought. 

To have Beauty which is ours to enjoy. I'm going to guess that his definition of what this means is incredibly different than that of people who aren't sociopathic violators.

To have – and be known for – Compassion, Duty, Honor and Courage. Dear Alan and Bret and Alan's defenders. I'm delighted to be the one to deliver the logic and common sense beat down, you possess not one of these qualities. Not a single solitary one. 

To have enough inner resolve and strength to ignore – with 'faces set like flint' – the Taunts, Doubts, Discouragements and Insults of people around us, and to have a Trusted Friend who will NEVER participate in these things. One could call this denial. Arrogance. Delusion. One could also point out that in order to have a trusted friend, one should perhaps not be a delusional child abuser or defender of a child abuser. Again, just a thought.

To gain Mastery Over Self, and be continually growing and improving. This, this statement is so filled with arrogance and hubris as to be nauseating. The minute you lay a hand on a child in an abuse way, let alone do what Alan is accused of, your mastery of self is done. Gone and done.  Vile. Just beyond vile. 

To have a great Mentor, and wise Counselors.  Yes, those are indeed valuable to have. Sadly, I think that those who may have played that role in their lives were soundly ignored in favor of delusion and arrogance. 

To have a Purpose, a Calling and an important Fight against Evil. In order to achieve a good place to begin is NOT TO BE THE EVIL. Again, just a thought. Maybe a little more self awareness. Alan, you ARE the EVIL.

To Lead, and have Students/Followers, even if just a few. This makes a chill go down my spine at the very idea. 

To know the Truths of Eternity, and have the ability to shift our perspective – focusing one moment on the Scope of the Stars and the next on the tiniest, most intricate detail, and placing equal value and importance on both. The Least of These being counted One with the Greatest. Oh Alan, dear delusional pedophile, Sweetie, you're not likely to see heaven. If there is justice in this universe there's a special place in hell reserved just for those like you whether or not you feel God forgives you.

As I have struggled to define these concepts and ideas, I have also been contemplating how to apply them – not just in my writing, but in my life. One could suggest you start by shutting the fuck up.

Who am I? A pedophile.

What is my Purpose? To spend your entire life in prison to begin to slightly answer for the evil you've done.

What is my Calling? My Fight? My Duty? Again, the whole prison thing.

The Lord has given me Love, and filled me with Love for Him. Fantastic. He can love you while you serve your life sentence. 

He communes with my spirit, and surrounds me with His Presence. Sweet. Delightful for you. So you plan to confess and serve the time deserved then? Take your just punishment like a good boy?

He has taken away my Fear, and – for the most part – set my face like a flint to ignore the constant taunts of my detractors, especially those that I once thought were my friends. It is truly His grace that enables me to say that they affect me almost none whatsoever, 9 days out of 10. Also called socipathic.

He had given me one set of Students, but has seen fit to take them away and replace them with others – men like Matthew and others whose lives God is transforming in a huge way. Please never teach a single soul on this earth a single thing.

I feel like I'm slowly growing stronger in the Holy Spirit – the more I acknowledge my weakness. Singular? I believe you mean weaknesses. Not the least of which is being a pedophile.

He gave me Mastery Over Self last year, which is continually improving. I can't even comment. Laughable.

My great lacks are Music, Balance, Rhythm and Beauty. I feel like I have little to none of these, either in me or around me. If I try to sing, it gets shouted down with loud 'Boos' and howling. When I try to quietly make music in my heart to God, more often than not all I draw is a blank. (The lyrics y'all send are a great blessing – there'd be pretty much no Music at all without them.) Poor pitiful pedophile. What a shame you are denied these things. Fucker. 

There's no Beauty anywhere around. Sometimes I remember the dream God gave me last year of what is to come, which is Gloriously Beautiful, and I'm comforted. The beauty is that no one has castrated you yet. Be thankful. Fucker. 

I used to have a Purpose and a Calling, I thought, centered around my children. In them I found most of the above, especially Beauty and Duty. While I expect them to remain an important part of my Purpose,  This statement more than any other disgusts me beyond all imagining. The complete and total lack of self awareness in this statement. It is so sinister and horrifying. He honestly writes that he expects them to remain an important part of his purpose? As though he has any right on this earth to even have contact with them? The man doesn't have the right to utter their names. I hope against all hope that Katie is permitted to never ever allow her kids any contact with him whatsoever. I hope she's able to legally and emotionally sever all and any ties with this fucking waste of human flesh.

I have to stop here. He bears no responsibilty for his actions. He's delusional. Completely and utterly delusional. If he truly wishes to walk with God and be forgiven he should choose to take the punishment he deserves and perhaps gain some self awareness.

Asking for forgiveness from God doesn't mean you can escape punishment for serious crimes. Like Josh when he abused his victims being forgiven shouldn't have prevented him from being punished,  I wish Josh would have been given some sort of court ordered treatment and time in juvenile detention. The way the Smith family have acted since Alan's arrest is sick they only care about him not about the fact the victims are likely to be family members too or the fact that their other kids and grandchildren are not in their lives anymore. 

Katie and her family are at least supporting each other through this and they reported Alan when the discovered the truth. Many families fundie and non fundie often ignore abuse or call the victim a liar.

5 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Asking for forgiveness from God doesn't mean you can escape punishment for serious crimes. Like Josh when he abused his victims being forgiven shouldn't have prevented him from being punished,  I wish Josh would have been given some sort of court ordered treatment and time in juvenile detention. The way the Smith family have acted since Alan's arrest is sick they only care about him not about the fact the victims are likely to be family members too or the fact that their other kids and grandchildren are not in their lives anymore. 

When Rachel was commenting on her mother's FB last year, she said much the same. Asking god for forgiveness (and, apparently, assuming it's been given) does not mean that there should be no earthly punishments for his actions. Sounds very much like that is where/why the break happened between the elder Smiths and their married daughters. Of course, I don't know that, but just from remembering those conversations on FB and at the same time Rachel posted some quotes on their long dead blog just kind of leads me to believe Bret & Jacquie believe Alan 'repented' and that should be that and everyone should just get over it and move on. No need for Katie to take her children to a safe place and leave him, no reason for him to be arrested or charged or jailed, no reason for anything at all to happen. He said he's sorry to his god and that's that and all ya'll who think he needs earthly punishment just hate god and your parents and are bad people who are persecuting Bret, Jacquie & Alan.

Jackie and Jill Rod both post more on Facebook in a week than I do in six months.  I don't get it; they treat their public facebooks like a diary. Every inconsequential thought to each 'ooooh girl, you should never say that in public' bad-tasting thought. I get that they don't have jobs, but damn maybe pretend to cherish your family some more in real life rather than for Likes. Is it because they're desperate for adult interaction? (I've noticed my own friends who are new moms, and stay at home mom friends do this too, but to a lesser degree. Yes, the uptick of pictures shared -everyone thinks their baby is the cutest thing in the world-, but they also start commenting on news articles all the time, etc) anyway, that's my theory! 

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived