IGNORED

Driving the ISB: Where is Jana?

Boogalou

I think Jana is in the Pink row, fourth from the right. I also see Jessa, Jinger, and Jill. That's probably from the time when they were away while TLC was filming a Q&A episode.

That first article on the Journey to the Heart blog made me cringe. If I was a parent, I'd be pretty damn angry if the neighbors were converting my kids to another religion without my knowledge. (The kids' parents could very well be Christians also, but the article makes absolutely no mention of how their parents feel about all this or if they are aware of what's going on.)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since she's already been once, maybe she's a team leader [or whatever they call them] this time? I'm sure Gothard would let a DUGGAR go home......

Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger are all in that pic.

re: Girl ALERT!!!!! I guess Gothard thinks a boy scout-lite program (without merit badges or any real training other rock climbing and repelling) will help train up girls to handle the rigors of the inevitable widowhood that occurs upon consuming TTC and chickenetti everyday for years.

I see a lot of young, uneducated widows with scads of children coming up in this next generation.

I feel like Journey to the Heart is one of Gothard's "retraining camp" for young women. He has never come out clean that such camps exist but I'm sure it does. This was the same Journey where Jana learned that she was selfish or something like that and had negative feeling towards some of her family members. Maybe JB and Michelle noticed a change in her and to continue to brainwash her, they sent her to the Journey as a scare tactic. She has been looking a bit gloomy lately. Plus, Jinger sounds more brainwashed than ever.

Poor Jinger. They did to her what they did to Jill: put braces on them at age 17 so there's no way they can run when they turn 18. Not like Jill was going anywhere, but Jinger has shown some fire in her day; all that eyerolling can't be attributed to "indivuduality," even as Smuggar defined it in an earlier special.

put braces on them at age 17

Not to ruin snark, but my daughter is 15 1/2 and she's still not ready for braces according to all involved in her dental care. Maybe the Duggars are just like that.

On the other hand, YES, there is a re-education element to ATI/IBLP although I believe it's usually called "serving" at one of the ATI/IBLP centers until you drop with exhaustion. Maybe taking another trip on the "Journey" is a warning of what's up next? I thought we'd see them at Verity or at the Doula or Music programs when they do their own site training. I figured we'd get the big sales pitch on Verity, but instead we got College Plus I guess.

Lol, I must be addicted to snarking on fundies because I recognized a few of the girls in that picture.

Lol, I must be addicted to snarking on fundies because I recognized a few of the girls in that picture.

Think that is Erin Bates fifth from the right in the back row?

Is the girl in the second row, right end (albino?) the sister of Anna Maria Maxwell? Gracie - they called her even though her name was Mary or Sarah. She might be too young for Journey of the Heart...

Is the girl in the second row, right end (albino?) the sister of Anna Maria Maxwell? Gracie - they called her even though her name was Mary or Sarah. She might be too young for Journey of the Heart...

I think that she is Mary, Anna Marie's sister, but the Maxwell's insist on calling her Grace.

I think that she is Mary, Anna Marie's sister, but the Maxwell's insist on calling her Grace.

Does her family call her Grace?? Otherwise the Maxwells need to get over it! They should call their OWN daughter by her first and middle name. How rude to just decide she can't be her own name???? Oh, right, it's the Maxwells [head slap]...

:doh:

Srsly, if you didn't want to end up having lots of people with the same names around, you shouldn't

a- give your kids the most common Christian-y names

and b- only associate with people who are very much like you, and have tons of kids as well

You're GUNNA find a few "Mary"s, "Sarah"s and "Anna"s around!

It's possible that the man that is courting her doesn't want to be on TV and Jim Bob is respecting his wishes.

Anot not be submitting to JB's AUTHOR-A-TY?? Never!!

She got knocked up after her torrid affair with hottie Gil Bates and has been sent away to their "aunt and uncle's ranch" to finish the pregnancy.

Tru fax.

....anyway.... my first thought was that she requested to not be seen on camera anymore and they are *actually* respecting her wishes because even though we all snark on them, they really do love their kids.

Nooooo... the Duggars have done waayyy too good a job for that to happen. I would love to see one of them trying to run off somewhere. How many "accountability partners" would they have to pay off to make that happen :)

I think Jana and Susanna ran off to LA to find find themselves and work on killer tans.

:mrgreen:

Isn't John David living in his own house? Maybe Jana's living there too, in order to keep him accountable/keep house.

Amie, that sounds quite probable (living w/ JD). Neither of them ever seemed too thrilled to be on TV. It would make sense and possibly even save face.

Think that is Erin Bates fifth from the right in the back row?

HA! She certainly has enough hair!

Here's hoping Jana, Jessa and Jinger are all secretly planning an escape on Jinger's 18th Bday. I'd include Jill but I just can't see any hope for her :(

:auto-camptrailer:

My dance teacher just got her braces off and she's in her 30's. Braces aren't just something for young kids after all!

I have braces on too...but since I am the one paying the bills, etc no one can use them to manipulate me.

Not that I think that is what is going on there...just pointing out I don't think that is what the OP meant about braces.

Poor Jana doesn't need to be re-educated, she needs to be freed from that zoo. Right now.

I hope she finds a fundie-lite husband like Anna's brother in law, and has only 2 or 3 kids. I'd say she should go to college, but she has expressed a desire to have a family of her own. She could always pursue an education later, once she gets away from the brainwashing.

Poor Jinger. They did to her what they did to Jill: put braces on them at age 17 so there's no way they can run when they turn 18. Not like Jill was going anywhere, but Jinger has shown some fire in her day; all that eyerolling can't be attributed to "indivuduality," even as Smuggar defined it in an earlier special.

My senior year of high school, I took 1st year art as a blowoff class and sat next to this crazy freshman girl. One day in class, this girl managed to pull the wires off her braces. The next day, she came to school sans braces. I said something along the lines of, "Oh, the orthodontist took off your braces." But, no. The girl told me she took off her braces herself with nail clippers.

So it *is* possible...

Someone over at TWOP posted a photo of this year's Journey of the Heart victims, er, attendees. Jana is front and center in the first row, next to a Query girl.

Someone over at TWOP posted a photo of this year's Journey of the Heart victims, er, attendees. Jana is front and center in the first row, next to a Query girl.

It makes me sad to think she had to go twice. I could be totally wrong, and she really wanted to go. But my gut tells me that ol' Jim Boob wanted her reprogrammed.

Does anyone think cousin Amy ever takes Jana or Jessa or Jinger off to the side when she visits and tries to encourage them to stay with her? If anyone would be the one, I think it would have to be Amy. Even with all her flaws and silliness, she does have an "in" and would probably be trusted with going to the store with the "girls". She just wouldn't have to bring them back. If only....

Ugh, I listened to that podcast for the first time in 2 years and felt even worse for Jana than I did originally. Her voice gets very quiet when she talks about having problems with "people in the family." That was about the time Anna was about to pop out Mack and they didn't look very friendly at the chickenetti dinner that TLC aired. She must have had the same emotions stir up with Anna's second pregnancy and asked to go back.

As long as it didn't mess up JimBoob's book tour and PR stunts, I'm sure it was fine with him and given the Duggars' involvement with all things Gothard I'm sure she and the Bateses get a free ride any time they want to go. I couldn't enlarge the picture; any sign of a Bates girl? And why was Jana already gone on the 15th if the Journey was from the 18th-28th (meaning she's still there)? Where was she REALLY when that baby was born? The more I think about it, the more I think she really has issues with Anna having what she (sadly, at 21) seems to want RIGHT NOW.

And as a total non-sequitur, speaking of all things Gothard (and I should know, my title says I'm actually him :angry-fire: ), that new institute is a joke; it's basically repackaging the lame seminars to make them look more appealing...still charging an arm and a leg to attend them.

Sorry, hit "quote" instead of "edit." I really need to start wearing my glasses more often. :oops:

Archived