IGNORED

Driving the ISB: Where is Jana?

Boogalou

- In last weeks episode Jackson said Jana had to come "back" home in order to look after Josie

I thought this was more of a "meanwhile, back at the ranch" kind of comment. Mom and Dad were gone and Jana was back at home. Also, Jackson is 6? 7? He might have just not phrased what he meant to say very clearly.

- Jana was not on the Today Show appearance to announce the arrival of Michael

Maybe she was on call for the fire department? Or maybe she was just busy. I remember once there was a video on youtube of the Duggars singing at some church or something and they said two of them, Jill and Jessa maybe, were busy babysitting for a friend. It does seem weird that she was the only one missing since they usually do things in pairs.

- Jana was not on the episode of 19 Kids: First Grandson

That was kind of a Josh and Anna centered episode, though. There wasn't too much of any of the kids except Jill, who was at the birth. I guess there was the scene where all the girls went to get pedicures. I can't remember if Jana was in that scene or not.

I don't think I'm a very good ISB driver. I will get off now and pass it along to someone better.

Jana was there getting a pedicure.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Jan had been on a mission trip wouldn't a sibling have gone along with her? They don't go anywhere alone. Ditto for visiting a young man for courtship purposes. No one is alone in order to prevent possible sin; they very much believe in and practice accountability. We know she can't be away at school. I haven't seen the show yet, so I wondered if Grandma Duggar was in it? Could she be the chaparone for Jana somewhere?

The ATI retraining camp is possible, but could she just go home, even if needed by the parents? Once a person is in the camp, who has control? I am having a hard time seeing that Gothard would allow the parents to end or interrupt the retraining before the required time frame is completed. Or is it open-ended and only finished once the victim is deemed sufficiently repentent, remorseful, and completely retrained? If boys' heads are shaved, what would they do to girls?

Jana is at Journey to the Heart. I talked to their family at a B&N book signing, and Jim-Bob said she was attending the one this month. That's probably why she was absent from the baby announcement clip. Otherwise, I think she just doesn't like being on the camera much. She was really friendly in person.

Jana is at Journey to the Heart. I talked to their family at a B&N book signing, and Jim-Bob said she was attending the one this month. That's probably why she was absent from the baby announcement clip. Otherwise, I think she just doesn't like being on the camera much. She was really friendly in person.

Thanks for the inside scoop. Although, I must admit, I am kind of disappointed it isn't anything more exciting.

I also saw Jana getting her nails done when I rewatched that part of the episode today. Darn.

I found one website for journey to the heart which says this:

We do not speak for or represent one religion, but rather, the common threads of wisdom that run throughout all teachings. We believe there is a Spirit, God, which is the essence of everything that exists in the universe. We believe that wisdom can be found in the teachings and scriptures of many faiths and that all can be used to bring joy, guidance, prosperity, and happiness into our everyday lives. We focus on the common threads of wisdom that run throughout all teachings and will bring to the light new ways of understanding these truths.

Definately does not sound like something the Duggars would be into. Was this the same thing the Duggar girls went to a while ago with Priscilla Kellar and Jana said she had to work on obeying her parents?

ETA: Cross posted with Hermione. Apparently, JttH cannot solve your problems, only Jesus can.

Yeah, I think so. I heard a clip of a video interview with her and her sisters, and she was talking about how she struggled with a prideful heart. I wonder what that translates to... being unhappy?

The creepiest thing about Journey to the Heart is how much they stress the need for "one accord." Like, if there's anybody who's not fully on board, they will undermine the experience for everyone. Or create a Satan leak. It's like, peer pressure to the max.

God does not desire you to live your Christian life in such doubt..

I think Jana was showing signs straying from the fold.

Yeah, I think so. I heard a clip of a video interview with her and her sisters, and she was talking about how she struggled with a prideful heart. I wonder what that translates to... being unhappy?

The creepiest thing about Journey to the Heart is how much they stress the need for "one accord." Like, if there's anybody who's not fully on board, they will undermine the experience for everyone. Or create a Satan leak. It's like, peer pressure to the max.

Prideful heart? Why? Because she wants more out of life then being a doormat and popping out kids every 18 months? (give or take)

Because she dares to learn a real skill? Maybe she expressed a desire to go to a real school so she could be *gasp* licensed!

This just got me! From the IBLP site:

Total cost covers orientation and training, travel to the Northwoods, housing and meals, and all materials needed.

•ATI Enrolled—$50/day ($500 total)

•Non-ATI Enrolled—$80/day ($800 total)

If the cost seems too great, we encourage you to use this circumstance as a way to begin the Journey early. Begin to pray that if God desires you or your family member to go, He will show you His will by providing the funds.

So... no scholarships, no charity... just pure business. Disgusting!

This just got me! From the IBLP site:

Total cost covers orientation and training, travel to the Northwoods, housing and meals, and all materials needed.

•ATI Enrolled—$50/day ($500 total)

•Non-ATI Enrolled—$80/day ($800 total)

If the cost seems too great, we encourage you to use this circumstance as a way to begin the Journey early. Begin to pray that if God desires you or your family member to go, He will show you His will by providing the funds.

So... no scholarships, no charity... just pure business. Disgusting!

In other words, If you can't afford it, blame God.

Nice.

I love how there's no possibility that god wouldnt want you to go. He will provide the funds. If he doesnt, youre clearly not praying hard enough.

I love how there's no possibility that god wouldnt want you to go. He will provide the funds. If he doesnt, youre clearly not praying hard enough.

That's pretty much how they feel about having more babies. Go ahead and pop out a kid every year and God will provide for them all.

If Jana's there as a participant, and not a counselor (like Priscilla Keller is), sounds to me like she's being sent there to be "re-educated." Journey to the Heart is one of those places where they exhaust you and pressure you into confessing all your sins, even if you don't have any, because if someone has some sin on their heart it will hinder the entire group. :music-headbanger:

I wonder if Jana is doing this sort of thing to try to meet a young man who will want to court her. I suspect Jimbob is eager to marry her off since he knows that will help with ratings. Josh and Anna will probably (hopefully) not get pregnant RIGHT away and with no pregnancy from Michelle the shows will get dull quickly without a courtship.

If Jana's there as a participant, and not a counselor (like Priscilla Keller is), sounds to me like she's being sent there to be "re-educated." Journey to the Heart is one of those places where they exhaust you and pressure you into confessing all your sins, even if you don't have any, because if someone has some sin on their heart it will hinder the entire group. :music-headbanger:

Exactly. Probably a big reason, too, why they get everyone far away in a remote area where there's no possibility of contacting anyone to talk or just feel normal. I wonder if anyone's ever come back from a Journey with their will still in tact.

I wonder if Jana is feeling some frustration because she's 21 and still on the shelf. I've never gotten the feeling that she likes Anna very much; she has the life Jana says she wants.

Gotta get the feelings of envy brainwashed out, doncha know. Which is total crap; Jana is a sweet girl whom I've never seen complain, despite the perpetual look of sadness on her face (her talking head segments in last week's shows were actually more upbeat than I've seen her in years).

Poor girl really needs to get out of that house, ASAP. But of course, Boob will never allow that because you can't bill your dog and pony show as "19 Kids..." and only have 18 show because Jana now lives in the middle of nowhere in the Canadian Rockies.

Maybe she's just depressed because JB and Michelle rely so heavily on their older Duggar girls, that JB told her that "God is not ready for her to court yet", when he really means "We can't take care of these children without you. Please continue to be their second mother, while your mom and I go pork each other and produce more children for you to handle for us. Don't worry, once they're a bit older, you can go off and get married".

Journey to the Heart has a blog.

http://www.livingthejourneyDOTcom

With photos of all who have attended:

http://www.livingthejourneyDOTcom/photos

Duggars, Kellers, and other recognizable fundies can be spotted there.

The infamous podcast with the Duggar sisters is here:

http://www.livingthejourneyDOTcom/2009/ ... -a-journey

I did not realize ALERT has a program for :shock: girls!

http://www.alertacademyDOTcom/step/blog

And they wear :o pants!

She cut her hair pixie style and went to a real college to study to become a midwife and in one of her classes heard about evolution so she switched her major to biology and is now hoping to get her degree and teach at UC Berkeley.

Journey to the Heart has a blog.

http://www.livingthejourneyDOTcom

With photos of all who have attended:

http://www.livingthejourneyDOTcom/photos

Duggars, Kellers, and other recognizable fundies can be spotted there.

The infamous podcast with the Duggar sisters is here:

http://www.livingthejourneyDOTcom/2009/ ... -a-journey

I did not realize ALERT has a program for :shock: girls!

http://www.alertacademyDOTcom/step/blog

And they wear :o pants!

PANTS???!!!

Aw-naw... this just isn't right. They're flexing their muscles and feeling powerful and bold, and certainly not thinking about being home ready to submit to their husbands... How is this happening??

Archived