IGNORED

Driving the ISB: Where is Jana?

Boogalou

As many of us have noticed Jana has been MIA in the past couple of Duggar appearances/episodes, so I thought we could discuss all of this in one thread.

Evidence:

- In last weeks episode Jackson said Jana had to come "back" home in order to look after Josie

- Jana was not on the Today Show appearance to announce the arrival of Michael

- Jana was not on the episode of 19 Kids: First Grandson

Feel free to add your own evidence and I will put it up here with the rest so we can have it all in one central location.

Now to drive the ISB.

Possibilities:

-Jana is courting (I don't really think this makes sense, I always thought the man visited the woman's family, not the other way around)

-Jana has enrolled in university and moved away from home (HAHAHA!)

-Jana has gone on an extended mission trip (they would probably tell us this though, and she probably would not come home to take care of Josie)

-Jana has not disappeared at all and we are just reading way too much into things that don't really mean anything (but this would be boring)

Where do you think Jana has disappeared to?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Possibilities:

-Jana is courting (I don't really think this makes sense, I always thought the man visited the woman's family, not the other way around)

If you'll remember, Josh only visited Anna's family to propose to her. They then drove back to Arkansas to spend time with his family (chaperoned of course). If Jana is courting, she may be spending time with the guys family--are there any other Duggar girls of chaperonable age missing? Jessa perhaps?

I think she's probably doing Gothard related activities, much like Priscilla Keller.

It's possible that the man that is courting her doesn't want to be on TV and Jim Bob is respecting his wishes.

It's also possible that she's kind of over being on TV and in the public eye.

Yep. That could be it, too. She is sick of it. I like to think she asked to be in the background more and they are respecting her wishes but I bet she has just done it on her own and since they have so many damn kids, Jim Bob and Michele haven't really noticed.

Didn't the Duggars' have a young lady living with them? Wasn't she a student? Perhaps Jana is in some sort of exchange program.

I am worried that Jana may have been sent to an ATI retraining school or is spending a lot of time in the prayer closet.

- In last weeks episode Jackson said Jana had to come "back" home in order to look after Josie

I thought this was more of a "meanwhile, back at the ranch" kind of comment. Mom and Dad were gone and Jana was back at home. Also, Jackson is 6? 7? He might have just not phrased what he meant to say very clearly.

- Jana was not on the Today Show appearance to announce the arrival of Michael

Maybe she was on call for the fire department? Or maybe she was just busy. I remember once there was a video on youtube of the Duggars singing at some church or something and they said two of them, Jill and Jessa maybe, were busy babysitting for a friend. It does seem weird that she was the only one missing since they usually do things in pairs.

- Jana was not on the episode of 19 Kids: First Grandson

That was kind of a Josh and Anna centered episode, though. There wasn't too much of any of the kids except Jill, who was at the birth. I guess there was the scene where all the girls went to get pedicures. I can't remember if Jana was in that scene or not.

I don't think I'm a very good ISB driver. I will get off now and pass it along to someone better.

Maybe she's visiting the Bates? Or possibly with Priscilla Keller in Chicago doing something for the Gothard ministry? Or even visiting with Susanna Keller in Texas (not likely, but I'll bet she'd have a great time hanging out with her).

My two main guesses are similar to what others posted:

1. Jana is doing some sort of Gothard activity like Priscilla Keller. This is something the Duggars would not wish to publicize, since it would be at odds with the more mainstream image they've been trying to cultivate these past few years.

2. She has decided to be the Duggars' version of Amy Osbourne and keep out of the public eye. I can't see Jim Bob allowing it, though. He would guilt her into doing the show for the good of the family.

The last few times we've seen Jana, she looked too happy to have been away at one of those camps for dissidents. (Unless she's working there as opposed to being there for re-education purposes.)

I doubt if Jana is away for courtship purposes because Jim Bob and TLC would never allow something like that to take place off camera. A Duggar Daughter Wedding would be ratings gold.

Hmm, I don't know, but I think the most likely answer is that she may have asked not to be shown as often. It's the most boring option, so probably the most likely!

Worst case scenario, she's being reprogrammed or something. It's kind of fun to think about courting, moving in the JD, whatever, since at least she'd be out of the house.

I doubt if Jana is away for courtship purposes because Jim Bob and TLC would never allow something like that to take place off camera. A Duggar Daughter Wedding would be ratings gold.

I don't know if it would be great, since it'd really show the restrictions of their lives. I felt like we were spared a little of that because we saw a lot more about Josh than Anna in their wedding episodes, and the boys have more freedom. If the courtship/wedding episodes were to focus on the Duggar female (or any other Gothard/ATI female) I think a lot more people would be appalled.

I really don't think they'd let her stay off just because she doesn't like being on TV.

Or some young fundie boy has asked for our jana's hand, and maybe Jana is the only one against it. What if JimBob and said fundie boy's dad felt God impressed upon their respective hearts that Jana should accept this hypothetical proposal, but Jana ain't feeling the love? Maybe she's off praying that God turn her heart because if the men all want it, it must be right, right? Oy. I get a headache just speculating.

She got knocked up after her torrid affair with hottie Gil Bates and has been sent away to their "aunt and uncle's ranch" to finish the pregnancy.

Tru fax.

....anyway.... my first thought was that she requested to not be seen on camera anymore and they are *actually* respecting her wishes because even though we all snark on them, they really do love their kids.

Maybe she and one of the older Bates or Kellers are on an exchange program, or traveling for ministry, music or speaking?

I'm thinking it's possible she just wants out of the spotlight too. She has always been kind of quiet. Maybe it's for TV value, Dim Bulb would certainly be on board with that. Jana is boring, so they elect to put someone cuter on camera and send her back to the kitchen to keep the ratings up.

Or she went to the store to get milk and Jackson's comment was filmed out of context.

If Jana were courting or involved in a mission, it would be mentioned on camera. I think that something is going on with Jana that JB doesn't want us to know about. I hope that she is in the process of escaping.

They could have filmed Jana in whatever she was doing. They often show the episodes out of order from the filming.

I don't think Jana has ever really liked the cameras. She always seemed akward during her confessionals and never really had a lot of camera "time" like the other girls.

Josh was sent away once and returned with his head shaved. Perhaps the sin has returned to the camp.

Thats from more than a year ago... and actually makes it more weird... since she's studying to be a doula she should have been there!

My guess would be either Working for ATI/IBLP in some capacity for a while, or attending one of their 'Higher Education"-like experiences.

Josh was sent away once and returned with his head shaved. Perhaps the sin has returned to the camp.

Good one. They could blame JD's election loss on Jana and JB's election loss on Josh. I like the way you think ;)

Actually, IIRC, the doula course has an "on site" element--I think in Dallas? Maybe that's it??

Archived