IGNORED

Trump 13: More Scandal, More Fun. Yay! :/

Destiny

46 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Fuck you, you fucking fuck! I hate him so much. For the record, my iPhone, which I replaced when its predecessor was 3 years old, costs 29 dollars a month. Health insurance is 800. Fuck off you entitled asshole. 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, JMarie said:

I posted a couple of articles from CNN on this in the Congress thread. The Twittersphere smacked his smug ass.

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Fuck you, you fucking fuck! I hate him so much. For the record, my iPhone, which I replaced when its predecessor was 3 years old, costs 29 dollars a month. Health insurance is 800. Fuck off you entitled asshole. 

I go back and forth daily as to which nasty smug Republican asshole I despise most. Today it's neck and neck between Chapass and Ryan.

Today, amongst a plethora of new tantrum tweets, the tangerine toddler tweeted this:

and this:

It made analysts scratch their heads trying to understand what he means, and, worse, sent the iShare Nasdaq Biotechnology index down 1.1% in Tuesday trade.

Here's what the Wall Street Journal had to say:
http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2017/03/07/analysts-scratch-their-heads-over-trump-drug-price-tweet/?mod=e2tw

Mr. Raffat [of Evercore ISI thinks] that perhaps Mr. Trump is referring to a specific part of Medicare — Part B — which covers drugs administered by a doctor. That part currently doesn’t have pricing tiers, known as formularies, that are in Part D, which covers all other types of drugs.

Ms. Abraham [of Citi ] cited two possibilities for what Mr. Trump was referring to as cost-cutting measures, including importing drugs from abroad, known as parallel importation, and speeding up the process of approval by the Food and Drug Administration, which Mr. Trump has referred to as “slow and burdensome.”

But neither of those fully answered the question. Ms. Abraham concluded: “There is little in today’s tweet that suggests an actionable plan to achieve this goal: attempts at parallel importation have failed in the past, and we see little chance that FDA will compromise demonstration of either efficacy or safety of drugs in order to speed up drug approvals.”

That puts analysts back at the starting block.

In other words, the tangerine toddler was spouting nonsense again. What else is new?

And oh, look who's slithered out of the shithole to defend Lord Dampnuts.  That's right, Iowa's perpetual embarrassment, Steve King;

Iowa U.S. Rep. Steve King says he believes President Donald Trump's assertion that his phones were tapped and called for an investigation.

King told the Sioux City Journal in a telephone interview Monday that those denials don't "necessarily prove that there wasn't a rogue intel operation going on that wasn't encumbered by, or just decided not to be encumbered by, the legalities."

King called for a fast, thorough investigation of the matter.

Attention Northwest Iowa: Fuck You.  Fuck you hard and sideways for voting this sack of shit into office.

"Elite law schools are really tough to get into. But what if you’re Tiffany Trump?"

Tiffany Trump wants to go to law school.

The president’s younger daughter graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in May and has apparently set her sights on becoming a lawyer. She has taken the Law School Admission Test and toured three of the top-ranked law schools in the country — Harvard, Columbia and New York University.

If she gets in, the 23-year-old will join the very short list of presidential children who attended law school while their fathers were serving in the White House. She’s certainly the only one with a father who has on various occasions called federal judges, including Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., “disgraceful,” “so-called,” “a hater” and “so political.”

The prospect of a Trump at one of these elite universities has provoked curiosity, envy and debate on law school blogs and forums.

A law degree, according to sources close to her, would be Tiffany’s way of being taken seriously and earning her place in the family empire. The president’s three older children grew up in New York, have served as executives in the global brand, had a significant presence on the campaign trail and were all named to his transition team as trusted advisers.

Tiffany, on the other hand, was raised in California by Marla Maples, the president’s second wife, and has lived the life of a wealthy young heiress: a flirtation with a pop singing career, an internship at Vogue magazine and a very active Instagram account with more than 740,000 followers. Other than delivering brief remarks at the 2016 GOP convention, she’s best known as one of the “Rich Kids of Instagram,” a group of wealthy millennials who chronicle their gilded lives on social media.

The first hint of her interest in law came last summer, when she posted a photo of study guides for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) and a blond bitmoji avatar with the slogan “I Got This.” Sharp-eyed observers noticed a practice test with plenty of incorrect answers, but she didn’t take the real exam until Dec. 3, when she was spotted at the City University of New York in Long Island City.

Days later, Tiffany popped up at Harvard, drawing the inevitable “Legally Blonde” comparisons. That was followed by a visit to Columbia with her mother and a tour of NYU, where she sat in on a first-year property class.

Applications for the Class of 2020 at these schools closed in February. It’s not known which, if any, schools Tiffany has applied to or been accepted at.

Tiffany graduated from Penn, the alma mater of her father and her older sister, Ivanka, with a B.A. in sociology, according to a university spokesman.

Her father, mother and siblings were all at commencement cheering her on. Her father has described her as “a great student,” although she was not listed in the commencement program as a Phi Beta Kappa member or receiving any other academic honors.

If her name were, say, Tiffany Smith, she’d need stellar grades for a shot at any of the top-ranked law schools. Most of those admitted have college GPAs of 3.75 or higher and LSAT scores of 172 or higher out of a perfect 180, putting them in the top 2 percent of those taking the test.

“The issue is how much a school would be willing to deviate from their normal LSAT standards for a famous person,” says Lat, who graduated from ­No. 1-ranked Yale Law School. The most elite universities always make a few exceptions for wealthy donors, celebrity students and, yes, presidents’ kids.

Tiffany is reportedly interested in Yale, which accepts only 10 percent of applicants for its incoming class of 200. Of the three law schools she has publicly visited, Harvard (No. 2) is probably the best fit: The incoming class is much bigger — about 550 students — and generally regarded as less liberal than the smaller classes at Columbia (No. 4) and NYU (No. 6).

Plus it’s Harvard, a brand name even bigger than Trump.

If she ends up in Cambridge this fall, Tiffany will be on the same campus as Malia Obama, which could — at the very least — make for some interesting Instagrams.

It will be interesting to see if she gets in.

6 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Of course Tiffany Trump needs a law degree. After Donny scraps the Constitution and names Donny Jr., Ivanka, and Eric as his successors for the next 28-32 years (counting Donald's term), one of them needs to secure the corruption by naming her to the Supreme Court.

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Today, amongst a plethora of new tantrum tweets, the tangerine toddler tweeted this:

and this:

It made analysts scratch their heads trying to understand what he means, and, worse, sent the iShare Nasdaq Biotechnology index down 1.1% in Tuesday trade.

Here's what the Wall Street Journal had to say:
http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2017/03/07/analysts-scratch-their-heads-over-trump-drug-price-tweet/?mod=e2tw

In other words, the tangerine toddler was spouting nonsense again. What else is new?

It great because it is bigly because I'm great at being great.  Oh and EMAILS!  BENGAZI!

One of the people I follow on twitter who is researching the Trump-Russia story put together a timeline about Jeff Sessions: 

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/3/3/1639742/-The-Sessions-Russia-timeline-is-astounding-So-much-smoke-there-must-be-fire

This twitter thread by @RVAwonk stitches together events in the days surrounding Sessions’ chat with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak into a narrative that sounds like something from a spy novel.

The article posts all her tweets with the timeline in it. It's definitely worth a read. 

1 hour ago, iweartanktops said:

Check out @Mikel_Jollett's Tweet:

Exactly. Word salad. 

Ugh Spinny Spice.  Time for agent orange to deflect again and post some outrageous alternative fact .  I have probably used this phrase before, but Spinny, ConTwit and all the rest give me such a head ache in my eye.  Like Sarah Palin on steroids with the double speak.  

Even this total sleazebag Republican thinks that Trump should release his tax returns: 

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/this-scandal-could-bring-down-the-administration-fox-military-analyst-slams-trumps-russia-stonewalling/

One of Fox News’s top military analysts now says President Donald Trump must release his taxes to prove that the Russian government has no financial leverage over him.

Ret. Lt. Col. Ralph Peters, the hawkish Fox analyst who infamously called former President Barack Obama a “p*ssy” on air in 2015, warned Fox viewers on Friday that Trump needed to get over his “lunatic” idea of a strategic alliance with Russia, which he suggested was brought about by the president’s past admiration for Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“He can’t get over his adulation of Vladimir Putin,” said Peters, who also said that Obama wouldn’t challenge Russia due to “sheer cowardice.” “He just will not challenge Russia on anything.”

Peters said that Trump needed to prove that he was not compromised by Russian intelligence agencies by releasing his tax returns to prove that he doesn’t have any significant investments in the country.

9 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

I need to stop checking this thread.

I tell myself the same thing several times a day.  This whole orange cluster fuck was one of reasons I quit FB.  Yet here I am. There is seriously something wrong with me.

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

If Tiffany really wants to be a lawyer because the subject appeals to her, that's great, but I'm afraid she's doing this in hopes of gaining Trump's approval. Tiffany is always going to be the proverbial redheaded stepchild in that family. That's a hard truth to accept, but the sooner she does, the sooner she can devote herself to building a life that makes her happy. 

34 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Ugh Spinny Spice.  Time for agent orange to deflect again and post some outrageous alternative fact .  I have probably used this phrase before, but Spinny, ConTwit and all the rest give me such a head ache in my eye.  Like Sarah Palin on steroids with the double speak.  

SNL should have a skit with Tina Fey playing Palin, and Melissa McCarthy playing Spicer. Spicer's in the middle of giving a press conference and Palin shows up in a ratty wig, those tacky American flag shoes, and carrying a Big Gulp. She leans over to Spicer when he starts getting agitated, and whispers, "Spin, Spicey, Spin!". :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

http://www.philly.com/philly/education/20160516_Biden__Trump__fed_agents_to_attend_Penn_graduation.html?photo_6

There's a slide show of Tiffany and Naomi Biden, who was also graduating.  Tiffany doesn't have any honor cords, so if she gets into a top-tier law school, it wouldn't be because she had qualifying grades.  Someone with a better transcript could sue for not being accepted, which would be another lawsuit the Trumps could complain about.

(and other parents didn't seem too thrilled that Trump was there)

An interesting article about the tangerine toddler's favorite news channel.

One of the greatest magic tricks that Fox News has pulled over its history is somehow convincing its audience that Fox stands outside the mainstream media. Fox is the most-watched cable news network in the country, a title it has held for 15 years. Meaning that there are now kids who are juniors in high school who’ve never lived in an America where Fox wasn’t the most popular cable news network. And yet Fox regularly rails against the mainstream media, as though “mainstream” is defined not by the size and prominence of the stream but, somehow, by the water that flows within it. Happily for the network, it’s an incongruity that seems to leave viewers unbothered.

But it can lead to some weird situations. Such as the fact that two-thirds of fans of the most-watched media network in the country also think that members of the media are enemies of America.

Suffolk University polled people about their response to President Trump’s tweet tossing the “fake news” media into a basket of anti-Americanism.

For the most part, people thought that the designation of media outlets as being the “enemy of the American people” was unfair. Only a third of respondents said they agreed with Trump. But Suffolk also asks the people it polls what news outlet they trust the most, allowing us an interesting cross-tabulation. Those who trust every single network except Fox News were more likely to say they disagreed than agreed, by a 22 to 72 percent margin overall. Two-thirds of fans of Fox, though? Well …

The graphics in the article are quite telling.

I can't remember if we already discussed this or not: 

http://www.palmerreport.com/news/carter-page-panics-over-trump-russia-inexplicably-goes-on-msnbc-and-admits-culpability/1757/

If you’re obscure Trump-Russia suspect Carter Page, you should have been breathing a sigh of relief on Thursday. Suddenly bigger fish like Jeff Sessions had become the focus of the scandal. Page should have laid low for awhile and hoped the world (and the Feds) stopped caring that he existed. But instead, Page panicked by appearing on MSNBC to proclaim his innocence, but ended up changing his story and admitting culpability instead.

WTF? Who would be stupid enough to go on TV when you know you're guilty and then admit it. 

The article contains a video of Carter Page being a moron on TV and admitted to what he did. 

18 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

I can't remember if we already discussed this or not: 

http://www.palmerreport.com/news/carter-page-panics-over-trump-russia-inexplicably-goes-on-msnbc-and-admits-culpability/1757/

WTF? Who would be stupid enough to go on TV when you know you're guilty and then admit it. 

The article contains a video of Carter Page being a moron on TV and admitted to what he did. 

It is amazing that these people are so stupid. Almost as stupid as the Branch Trumpvidians who believe every word.

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Ugh Spinny Spice

The Spice Girls don't deserve this.

3 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I tell myself the same thing several times a day.  This whole orange cluster fuck was one of reasons I quit FB.  Yet here I am. There is seriously something wrong with me.

No there's not. The difference is, I find lots of support on Free Jinger from those who do not support this administration. I would think most people, on Facebook, have found friends and acquaintances who think Trump is the greatest thing since sliced bread and will tell you so. Loudly. Multiple times a day. Please stay. I value your opinion and insight.

It is amazing that these people are so stupid. Almost as stupid as the Branch Trumpvidians who believe every word.

Yeah the members of Cult 45 make me wanna empty my swear jar and get a shitfaced on Colt 45.

52 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

No there's not. The difference is, I find lots of support on Free Jinger from those who do not support this administration. I would think most people, on Facebook, have found friends and acquaintances who think Trump is the greatest thing since sliced bread and will tell you so. Loudly. Multiple times a day. Please stay. I value your opinion and insight.

I so agree. It's been so helpful to have fellow FJers who feel like I do about the tangerine toddler and the alt-right idiots.

2 hours ago, purple_summer said:

The Spice Girls don't deserve this.

I never was a fan of their music, but you are right.  Nobody deserves to be equated with him or any of the orange clusterfuck's wagon train of crazy

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

I just read a great opinion piece about Michael Flynn: 

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/3/4/1640165/-Rachel-Maddow-connected-another-dot-last-night

Keith Pickering has an excellent DIARY on the Rec list on why Trump’s phone tapping claims are such an important story, and connecting some dots very nicely. But there’s another dot we can connect on that line.

On her show last night, Rachel brought up a dot that I hadn’t even seen in the puzzle before. She asked a very simple question, “How did we end up with transcripts of the Mike Flynn phone calls to the Russian ambassador”? It is both legal, and standard practice for US intelligence agents to monitor foreign nationals, so they do. But there’s a loophole there. It’s legal to monitor a foreign national’s phone calls, but still illegal to monitor a US citizen. If they’re following protocol, they were required to hang up and disconnect their phone surveillance the moment they identified an American citizen on the line. So, how did we end up with a transcript of their conversation?

Here’s how. They could keep on listening in and taping merrily away if they already had a FISA warrant out on Mike Flynn. With that warrant, all bets are off. So, if they ended up with a transcript of Flynn’s call(s) to the ambassador, then it’s a de facto admission that there was already a FISA warrant on Flynn before the phone calls took place, otherwise they would have had to disconnect the call once they identified Flynn.

The saga of Carter Page continues: 

The Trump campaign is disavowing Page and claiming they are going to sue. 

http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/donald-trump-campaign-disavows-russian-operative-carter-page-claims-its-been-threatening-to-sue-him/1764/

Trump’s campaign officials are now going to far as to dubiously claim they’ve been sending cease and desist letters to Carter Page all along.

Earlier today we reported that we were able to confirmthat Jeff Sessions had in fact first introduced Donald Trump to Carter Page nearly a year ago, because a local television affiliate in Alabama had documented the meeting in obscure fashion. But the Donald Trump campaign is now doing damage control today, insisting instead that it was Republican operative Sam Clovis who first brought Page into fold. The campaign is also disavowing Page in spectacular fashion.

Today the Trump campaign spoke with conservative site Daily Caller, which is essentially serving as a Trump mouthpiece. Not only did the campaign to try insulate Jeff Sessions from Carter Page, it also painted Page as some kind of fraud who has been lying about his role in the campaign. This passage comes from the Daily Caller article, which again we don’t take as legitimate, but rather a de facto Trump campaign press release: “The Trump team issued a number of cease and desist requests to Page in recent months over concerns that he was misrepresenting his role on the campaign.”

And then Carter Page fired back: 

http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/carter-page-fires-back-says-donald-trump-behind-russia-conspiracy-gop-convention/1781/

One day after the Donald Trump campaign tried to turn former adviser Carter Page into a fall guy over the Russia scandal, Page is now firing back and accusing Trump himself of having been behind it all. Page was one of at least three Trump advisers who met with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak during the Republican Convention, which resulted in the Republican Party platform being changed in favor of Russia.

Earlier this week, former Donald Trump campaign adviser J.D. Gordon told CNN that it was Donald Trump himself who initiated the push for the change in the Republican Party platform to favor Russia over the Ukraine, and that Trump had been pushing for it for at least four months leading up to the convention. Gordon, Carter Page, and Jeff Sessions all attended the convention meeting with the Russian Ambassador. Page has changed his story several times and can no longer be seen as particularly credible in his own right, but now he’s directly backing up the claims made by the far more credible Gordon.

Good. I hope they all keep fighting among themselves so much that they end up ratting each other out on every detail of their Russia scheme. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived