IGNORED

Trump 13: More Scandal, More Fun. Yay! :/

Destiny

1 hour ago, RoseWilder said:

Holy shit, you guys. You have to watch tonight's episode of The Rachel Maddow Show. If you can find is online, WATCH IT. 

They cover a story about one of Trump's corrupt business ties that was featured in The New Yorker: 

The segments are up from tonight's show. I haven't gotten to watch it yet, but I think this is the one @RoseWilder was referring to:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/sketchy-trump-deal-sparks-calls-for-another-investigation-891672643515

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just amazed at how many alarming facts are coming out, one after the other. And then one after the other these alarming facts are promptly being ignored or down-played by the Repubs. What will it take for them to finally minister to the proper democratic processes that were so carefully by the founding fathers in the Constitution?

Or is it that the very word 'democratic' has become so soiled in the collective mind of the Repubs because that also happens to be the name of the - sharp intake of breath - other party?

Does any word sounding like that name-we-must-not-utter have an instant Pavlovian effect on a Rupub? 
Danger, danger, danger! Avoid, avoid, avoid!

Sure is beginning to look like it.

On 3/3/2017 at 9:32 PM, RoseWilder said:

I know this is from days ago, but if you keep a list of Patriots can you add Senator Chris Murphy? Not because of the phenomenal work he's been doing, but because of gems like this. Enjoy:

Spoiler

Clearly, Senator Murphy is the Twitter hero America needs. :pb_lol:

Oh dear. The Tangerine Toddler's tantrum tweeting again...

It started like this...

Followed by this...

So he's attacking Obama again. I mean, he does know he's won already, right? Or is the dude so senile that he keeps forgetting? Hmmm... now there's a thought that's both scary and promising... 

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

It started like this...

Followed by this...

So he's attacking Obama again. I mean, he does know he's won already, right? Or is the dude so senile that he keeps forgetting? Hmmm... now there's a thought that's both scary and promising... 

These Trumptwits only make alternate sense for two reasons. He knows he's in trouble with the Russian allegations and he knows Trumpcare is a disaster. He knows, though, that mentioning Obama is throwing red meat to his supporters. He's like a magician - doing a feint with one hand to focus your attention on it while performing the trick with his other. In this case, the trick is pure evil.

Mother Jones says one simple question would break the whole Russian Connection scandal wide open.

The Trump-Russia scandal keeps widening. Former national security adviser Michael Flynn resigned after revelations that he had privately talked to Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak about the sanctions imposed on Russia as punishment for its hacking of political targets during the 2016 election to aid Donald Trump. Attorney General Jeff Sessions was forced to recuse himself from Justice Department or FBI investigations involving Russia and the Trump campaign after he was caught falsely claiming he had not interacted with Russian officials during the campaign, when he was a top Trump adviser. (He, too, had met with Kislyak.) News reports keep yielding more information indicating Trump associates were in contact with Russian officials and possibly Russian intelligence. Reportedly there is at least one FBI investigation on this front; the House and Senate intelligence committees have each launched their own probes. And this past weekend, Trump had a Twitter meltdown and hurled the unsubstantiated Breitbart-born accusation that Obama had illegally spied on him in Trump Tower. It is becoming tough to track all the developments, as the story becomes more complicated and the prospects for a long and complex investigation increase. But there is a simple question that might be easy to answer and that could cut to the chase.

What happened during Flynn's conversations with Kislyak before the election?

Of course the tangerine toddler and his crew deny any and all contact between them and the Russians either after or before the elections.

The public record contradicts the denials of the Trump crew. Flynn, Sessions, onetime Trump foreign policy advisers Carter Page and J.D. Gordon, and former campaign manager Paul Manafort each had some degree of contact with Russian officials during the campaign. Perhaps the most intriguing interaction involved Flynn.

WaPo broke the news that Flynn had been in contact with Kislyak during the transition period after the elections. And then:

the Russian ambassador [...] revealed a fact that has not received sufficient public attention: Flynn and Kislyak were in communication prior to Election Day. This statement belied all the Trump camp claims that there had been no hobnobbing with the Russians during the campaign. But the implications run deeper.

[...]

Flynn's pre-election communications with Kislyak could be far more significant than his conversations during the transition about the Obama sanctions that prompted his firing. Investigators working the Trump-Russia beat should zero in on this. Flynn should be asked when exactly he was gabbing with the Russian ambassador during the campaign. Phone and text records ought to be reviewed. There might be transcripts of these discussions, for Kislyak was routinely spied on by the US intelligence community. (That's why Flynn got caught lying about his talks with the Russian ambassador during the transition.)

There is plenty of muck for investigators and reporters to be raking regarding the Trump team's interactions with Russia. It is evident that there were contacts during the campaign—and that Trump and his lieutenants have repeatedly dissembled about this. And Flynn may well be one key to figuring out what was going on. In recent days, Sessions' two acknowledged interactions with Kislyak have drawn much notice. As much scrutiny should be applied to Flynn's pre-election communications with the Russian. It might just offer a path to solving the riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.

Now I know Rachel Maddow is on another (also very significant) path to take down the Tangerine Toddler and his Corrupt Conies (namely, to get him on his shady, illegal business dealings), but I would love for her to take this investigation up too. 

----

I'm quoting myself, because this relates to this tweet. And it's hilarious... 

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

It started like this...

Turns out that 113 of those vicious prisoners were released during the Bush administration. 

I stayed up late to watch Rachel Maddow's show last night. I was so angry by the end of it. I mean, good gravy, the Drumpf organization isn't just shady, it is corrupt. I still think some, if not all, of his tantrums are smokescreens.

"Trump’s gift to Americans: Making it easier to cheat on their taxes"

President Trump is finally doing something practical to help his fellow Americans: He’s making it easier for them to cheat on their taxes.

Especially those who — like Trump — happen to be super rich.

The Trump administration wants to lop off another 14.1 percent from the Internal Revenue Service’s budget, according to a recent New York Times report. This would compound years of cuts by Republican Congresses and leave the beleaguered agency’s budget 29 percent below its fiscal 2010 level, in inflation-adjusted terms — even though the IRS has more responsibilities than it used to, given multiple complicated new laws and the rise of taxpayer identity theft and cyberattacks.

In the wake of deteriorating service, Republicans have been urging the IRS to shift more of its resources away from enforcement. As a result, the U.S. government has been forgoing an estimated $5 billion a year in enforcement revenue just to save a few hundred million dollars in spending. And who benefits from having fewer cops on the beat?

Anyone inclined to shortchange Uncle Sam, of course. Especially those with the motive — and means — to do so.

By which I mean: the rich.

According to newly released IRS data, audits of individual and corporate income-tax returns plummeted last year. The biggest declines were for the highest earners and biggest companies.

In fact, over the past several years, audit rates of companies with at least $10 million in assets — that is, the firms that can afford to hire armies of accountants and tax attorneys to aggressively tax plan — fell by half. The same is true of individuals with incomes of at least $1 million.

Individuals such as, of course, Donald Trump.

So maybe we should look on the bright side. Yes, further IRS cuts will mean less revenue for our military and safety net. And yes, these cuts will embolden scofflaws. But with fewer IRS agents to go around, maybe Trump’s “continuous” audit can end at last, and he’ll finally share his top-secret tax returns.

39 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Mother Jones says one simple question would break the whole Russian Connection scandal wide open.

Of course the tangerine toddler and his crew deny any and all contact between them and the Russians either after or before the elections.

WaPo broke the news that Flynn had been in contact with Kislyak during the transition period after the elections. And then:

Now I know Rachel Maddow is on another (also very significant) path to take down the Tangerine Toddler and his Corrupt Conies (namely, to get him on his shady, illegal business dealings), but I would love for her to take this investigation up too. 

----

I'm quoting myself, because this relates to this tweet. And it's hilarious... 

Turns out that 113 of those vicious prisoners were released during the Bush administration. 

I'm going to have to go and change it at work so my entire paycheck is transferred directly to my swear jar. 

Shut the fuck up Donald.  No, really, shut the fuck up.  I am so goddamn tired of your infantile tweets.  It's not fucking funny anymore you sack of shit.  Not to say it ever has been. 

Also, Donald, why don't you try cracking the fucking bible open every once in a while and turn to this part of Proverbs;

There are six things the Lord hates,
    seven that are detestable to him:
       haughty eyes,
        a lying tongue,
        hands that shed innocent blood,
        a heart that devises wicked schemes,
        feet that are quick to rush into evil,
         a false witness who pours out lies
        and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

(Proverbs 6:16-19)

I think that describes you to an absolute fucking T Donald.

The issue Rachel Maddow discussed is just insane! I sure as hell hope someone who isn't corrupt is quietly amassing lots and lots of info on Trump and his dirty deals. 

15 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Yes, and with precious little detail. I posted a WaPo link in the Congress thread. We may have hope, however, as there are four Repubs in the Senate who are signaling they may not sign off.

"The religious right is steeling itself for a Biblical battle on Trump’s behalf"

Okay, I just threw up a little.

Just goes to prove my opinion that Christians are hypocrites and amoral ones at that (he's a pathological lying adulterer with 3 different baby mamas).  The cognitive dissonance it takes for them to explain away his actions is incredible.  And they ask why I left the church and the religion.

1 hour ago, Childless said:

Just goes to prove my opinion that Christians are hypocrites and amoral ones at that (he's a pathological lying adulterer with 3 different baby mamas).  The cognitive dissonance it takes for them to explain away his actions is incredible.  And they ask why I left the church and the religion.

You're referring to a very specific subset of Christians. Trust me, there are plenty of Christian individuals and churches who could not be more disgusted and horrified by Trump and are actively working against him.

I just can't believe the story from The New Yorker, that The Rachel Maddow Show featured last night, isn't blowing up all over the media. Can you imagine what would have happened if Obama had been found to be doing a shady business deal that benefited terrorists groups. It would have been like a bomb had detonated all throughout the media. And the Republicans would have started impeachment proceedings within the hour. 

But Trump does it and .  .  . nothing. I don't even see any of the news sites covering the story. 

1 hour ago, Childless said:

I understand your disgust. The conservative Christians in my town love Donald Trump.

I do still believe that there are some good people in the church quietly feeding the hungry, nursing the sick, sheltering the homeless, etc...but the loudest voices for Christianity in the United States, are folks like Mike Huckabee, Pat Robertson,  and Franklin Graham. :pb_sad:

36 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I understand your disgust. The conservative Christians in my town love Donald Trump.

I do still believe that there are some good people in the church quietly feeding the hungry, nursing the sick, sheltering the homeless, etc...but the loudest voices for Christianity in the United States, are folks like Mike Huckabee, Pat Robertson,  and Franklin Graham. :pb_sad:

To which I say the same thing conservatives say about Muslims any time a terrorist attack happens, if the moderate voices are there, why aren't they speaking up?

9 minutes ago, Childless said:

To which I say the same thing conservatives say about Muslims any time a terrorist attack happens, if the moderate voices are there, why aren't they speaking up?

They are. Just like the moderate Muslim voices are speaking up. The extremists are always the loudest, and always the ones who draw the focus. Unfortunately it's the extremists who are in power right now, and that has to change, and there are many moderate-liberal Christians (and sane conservative Christians, and members of all different faiths, and agnostics, and atheists) who are trying to change it. 

21 minutes ago, Childless said:

I follow two pretty well known Christians on Twitter who have caught hell for standing against Trump. 

http://johnpavlovitz.com/

https://twitter.com/johnpavlovitz

https://rachelheldevans.com/

https://twitter.com/rachelheldevans

47 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I follow two pretty well known Christians on Twitter who have caught hell for standing against Trump. 

http://johnpavlovitz.com/

https://twitter.com/johnpavlovitz

https://rachelheldevans.com/

https://twitter.com/rachelheldevans

I follow them too. Here are a few more Christians I follow who are speaking up against Trump (and also catching hell for it): 

https://twitter.com/sarahbessey

https://twitter.com/JenHatmaker

https://twitter.com/nicholenordeman

https://twitter.com/audreyassad

Ladies and gentlemen, your favorite friend, and mine: Keith Olbermann.

I'm still catching up on Trump-Russia articles from a few days ago. 

Someone in Trump's inner circle has begun ratting him out: 

http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/trump-russia-conspirator-j-d-gordon-begins-ratting-donald-trump/1747/

J.D. Gordon was one of the three Donald Trump campaign advisers who has exposed today as having met with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak at the Republican National Convention. This is a key development because the Republican Party altered its party platform at the convention to reverse its policy on the Ukraine, in order to favor Russia. Gordon, who then quit the campaign a few weeks after the convention, now says that Trump himself insisted on the party platform change.

CNN reporter Jim Acosta appeared on-air on Thursday night and stated that he had just gotten off the phone with J.D. Gordon. Acosta reports that during the Republican National Convention, Gordon “did have a conversation with the Russian Ambassador.” He says that Gordon met with the Ambassador twice, and that he admits he was part of the effort to change the language of the Republican Party platform during the convention to eliminate an existing pro-Ukraine policy, which worked in Russia’s favor. But here’s the key.

J.D. Gordon insists Donald Trump himself led the charge in pushing for the platform change, and that Trump had been doing so since March of that year – four months before the convention. You can watch Jim Acosta’s CNN report here. 

I hope he doesn't stop at ratting him out to the media. I bet if the FBI contacted him, he's turn on Trump in a heartbeat. The one and only advantage to this scandal being filled with people who absolutely no integrity is that they would most likely sell their co-conspirators up the river in a heartbeat. 

More proof that they just don't get it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/chaffetz-americans-may-need-to-choose-between-iphone-or-healthcare/ar-AAnYJFT?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) on Tuesday said Americans may have to choose between purchasing a new iPhone or paying for health insurance.

"You know what, Americans have choices. And they've got to make a choice," the House Oversight Committee chairman told CNN's "New Day," one day after the House GOP unveiled its plan to replace ObamaCare.

"And so maybe, rather than getting that new iPhone that they just love and they want to spend hundreds of dollars on, maybe they should invest in their own healthcare."

Politico has a great timeline of all the events in the Russian Connection:

http://www.politico.com/trump-russia-ties-scandal-guide/timeline-of-events

The Russian government, at the behest of Russian President Vladimir Putin, waged a sustained influence operation in the United States in support of Donald Trump’s campaign for president. Major questions remain about the degree of interaction between Trump associates and Russian operatives.

Here’s what we know so far based on news reports, public statements and the U.S. government’s unclassified report on Russian election interference.

The article then shows the timeline, starting June 18, 2013. No, that is not a typo. You read that correctly. Twenty thirteen. 

Oh, I'm quite breathless and might just swoon! Keith is spoiling us today! 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived