IGNORED

Kelly Havens from Ohio

BlondeAgent007

Holy crap!  Did she just call her size seven feet "little"?  Yes, they might be on the smallish side but they're not exactly little.  And I'm sorry I'm going to miss the way she teaches finding God in The Hobbit.  I bet she does the class in her "long, linen dress".  She's just so precious that it almost makes my teeth hurt.  Fortunately, I don't have a spare $1,600 to attend this monstrosity.  Otherwise, I might have to report back if we find out how Kelly "suffered immensely" in high school and college because she was taught to think and not taught the answers.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Howl said:

Whoa! Is this a free-spirit Fundie thing?  Shoshanna also washed her hair in the creek.  I worry about what they are using for soap/shampoo.  Creeks don't really need soap in them.

Oh dear, maybe I have conflated them, sorry. Too many weird fundies pretending to be …. I dunno, something special.

Edited by Becky
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Xan said:

Holy crap!  Did she just call her size seven feet "little"?  Yes, they might be on the smallish side but they're not exactly little.  And I'm sorry I'm going to miss the way she teaches finding God in The Hobbit.  I bet she does the class in her "long, linen dress".  She's just so precious that it almost makes my teeth hurt.  Fortunately, I don't have a spare $1,600 to attend this monstrosity.  Otherwise, I might have to report back if we find out how Kelly "suffered immensely" in high school and college because she was taught to think and not taught the answers.

My size 11 feet think her feet are small 🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

32 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hear ya! 11W over here.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Honey Beach said:

I hear ya! 11W over here.

Mine are long and skinny like clown feet 🤡

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Off topic.  my 13 year old is in size 10.  where do you find shoes for under $50?  She loves shoes and is really upset she can’t find shoes that fit that are affordable enough to buy multiple pair.

on topic.  Kelly Havens seems to be the least sincere fundie we follow.  living in a fairy tale she created, void of truth.  There is an influencer “really very crunchy” who reminds me of what kelly wants to be.  The account is partly true and part snark.  It’s got some pretty great over the top skits.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, KWLand said:

Off topic.  my 13 year old is in size 10.  where do you find shoes for under $50?  She loves shoes and is really upset she can’t find shoes that fit that are affordable enough to buy multiple pair.

on topic.  Kelly Havens seems to be the least sincere fundie we follow.  living in a fairy tale she created, void of truth.  There is an influencer “really very crunchy” who reminds me of what kelly wants to be.  The account is partly true and part snark.  It’s got some pretty great over the top skits.  

I genuinely have no suggestions besides Amazon. Hopefully she stays at size 10. Because size 11 is significantly harder to find than size 10. My feet grew after having kids. So I went from a 10 or 10.5 to 11. And it sucks. But since I have plantar fasciitis, I mostly wear tennis shoes. And I can easily find men’s tennis shoes big enough for my feet. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I genuinely have no suggestions besides Amazon. Hopefully she stays at size 10. Because size 11 is significantly harder to find than size 10. My feet grew after having kids. So I went from a 10 or 10.5 to 11. And it sucks. But since I have plantar fasciitis, I mostly wear tennis shoes. And I can easily find men’s tennis shoes big enough for my feet. 

Amazon does seem to be the one place we can find.  Our walmart clearances out all their winter size 10 so she was fine for winter with a wide variety of boots.  They didn’t stock summer size 10.  I’m guessing her feet will continue growing for a bit based on my other kids, but still hoping they stay at 10.  

• Upvote 1

I wonder if after this baby if Kelly can still fit her narrow hips in the high chair to go along with her small feet

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, justpassingthru said:

I wonder if after this baby if Kelly can still fit her narrow hips in the high chair to go along with her small feet

I'm just hoping that she won't get stuck in that tree.

Screenshot(18207).png.2d26c75e89c35277b1017cecde8bf593.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, KWLand said:

Lucky kid! I mean it! She can swagger into any clearance section where the only good things left are in size 5 or size 10.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, FilleMondaine said:

Lucky kid! I mean it! She can swagger into any clearance section where the only good things left are in size 5 or size 10.

Seriously? I wanna go shopping with you! I can hardly ever find size 5, on clearance or not. I usually admit defeat and head over to the kid section. Sure, it's cheaper, but I'm not going to find stiletto heels or nice boots (except rubber boots) in there!

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, PopRox said:

Seriously? I wanna go shopping with you! I can hardly ever find size 5, on clearance or not. I usually admit defeat and head over to the kid section. Sure, it's cheaper, but I'm not going to find stiletto heels or nice boots (except rubber boots) in there!

My mother's feet were so small (size 5 barely) that she could often wear kids' sneakers. She was under 5 feet tall and weighted less than 100 pounds. Yeah. I didn't inherit any of that.

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Mine are long and skinny like clown feet 🤡

My very first foot twin!! 😂 Does everyone (sometimes even sales people) tell you your feet CAN’T be that big too? I assume it’s the width, because my half sister with size 11 normal-wide never hears it. 
I was absolutely terrified during my pregnancies that my feet would grow even bigger, but luckily they just grew a bit wider and shoes fit better. They narrowed again after the babies were born.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

My husband says his youngest daughter was born with skis since her feet were so long and skinny

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, KWLand said:

Off topic.  my 13 year old is in size 10.  where do you find shoes for under $50?

I have size 11 narrow feet 👣 essentially they are skis. I can’t even buy guy’s tennis shoes because they are too wide. 

I buy shoes off Zappos. I checked just now and filtered for size 10 and then listed them in ascending price. 

Here are four pairs of shoes that my 15 year old assures me are cute enough for a teen to wear and all are way under $50. 

IMG_1138.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I’m also in the size 11, long and skinny, club, which is the complete opposite of my body, and yes, @Mrs Ms, I have had a sales person tell me that my feet could not possibly do that size. My siblings tormented the hell out of me as a kid because of my feet and me nanook of the north, so I am still sensitive about them to this day. Since my cauda equina, I have to wear a leg brace/ankle foot orthotic on my right leg and it’s huge and makes shoe buying very difficult, but I just found something called BILLY shoes which are made for people with disabilities, are adorable, come in very bright colors (I have fuschia shoes!) and I just love them. They have a zipper that goes around the front of the toolbox so that I can change shoes as easily as before. They're amazing.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 7

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

OMG, are you me? Plus, my right foot is a little bigger so sometimes a size 12 fits better, but I refuse!

As far as shopping for shoes, I usually have luck at Macy's or Penney's online. Recently I discovered Nordstrom Rack carries a huge selection of shoes in sizes up to 13. I usually find them between $25-$65 but they are good quality and fit well.

• Upvote 3

There is a wonderful store in Ohio, locally owned, that specializes in healthy shoes, and premium brands. They take the time to measure your feet well, they stock and can order the shoes that you need. And they are excellent for kids—not that we buy many shoes, but it is worth it. Last time my husband was stationed here, my daughter was quite small. What I thought was a bug bite, was actually cellulitis! The store clerk spotted it and very well may have saved her life! Lifelong customer, achieved. :)

Yet please do check out clearance sections, and often at outlets—the good outlets where things come from the real store, not the cheapies made for the outlets. There is so much cute stuff in the largest and smallest sizes. My local Nordstrom Rack, which I checked just yesterday, proves it.

Weirdly, DSW website carries 3 inch heels in the children’s section. And horse riding companies sell beautiful leather boots for children that are very fitting for adult street wear.

• Upvote 4

On 5/27/2024 at 4:26 PM, justpassingthru said:

I wish someone would call out Kelly and her kitten mill.

Screenshot_20240527_152450_Instagram.jpg

Okay, now I'm getting why people are associating my name with Kelly! 😆 I guess it's time I did more than a cursory scroll through her Instagram. I did see the dancing posts--what is the POINT of all that? I'm so confused. I have a feeling a deep dive down the rabbit hole is only going to make me even more confused, but I'm willing to take the risk! Please have rescue ferrets at the ready!😳

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Okay, now I'm getting why people are associating my name with Kelly! 😆 I guess it's time I did more than a cursory scroll through her Instagram. I did see the dancing posts--what is the POINT of all that? I'm so confused. I have a feeling a deep dive down the rabbit hole is only going to make me even more confused, but I'm willing to take the risk! Please have rescue ferrets at the ready!😳

Oh sweet Loveday, you're just the newest character in Kelly's world. I don't think she got a mention before Teresa was born.

You get an A+ for epic username. What's the backstory?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, justpassingthru said:

Oh sweet Loveday, you're just the newest character in Kelly's world. I don't think she got a mention before Teresa was born.

You get an A+ for epic username. What's the backstory?

Aww, thanks! Not much of a backstory, really, it's just a name from one of my favourite books, Coming Home by Rosamunde Pilcher. I had never heard the name before reading the book, and I just fell in love with it. Not a name you hear in the US very much, but if the book had been published before my daughter was born, I would have been very tempted to give her the name.  Of course, she would then have probably grown up to hate it, and me for giving it to her!🥴

Hopefully Kelly's Loveday will soon fade into obscurity. My real name is also the name of a pretty prominent fundie we've followed for years on FJ, and I still get a little jolt every time I see it in a discussion here. It's hilarious to me that now my username is popping up via a fundie as well!😆

Now I need to go pull Coming Home off the shelf and re-read it again, for the umpteenth time!🤣

• Love 10

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

Please have rescue ferrets at the ready!😳

I know rescue ferrets are the comfort creature of choice on FJ, but I always keep a rescue basset, or two, handy. 

IMG_9900.jpeg

IMG_9779.jpeg

• Love 15

@Bassett Lady, they are so adorable! Yes, please, send them instead! 😍

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I can always tell when the youngest basset pup has had a tough day. She will curl up, puppy pile style, with her basset and take a nap. They look like yin/yang the way they intertwine. 

IMG_1162.jpeg

• Love 10