IGNORED

Trump 12: Nevertheless, She Persisted (Let's do the same!)

Destiny

5 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

Statistics, in my personal opinion, are very good at hiding what goes on behind the scenes

I wish I could like this 1000 times. I hate statistics. They tell you absolutely nothing, because it's just scratching on a tiny little corner of the surface of a thing. Statistics are only useful to those who want to manipulate information, nothing more, nothing less. That's why I hate them with a passion. Ugh!

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hokay, what has been preoccupying me for several days.

IF the Senate Committee should find that Russia interfered in the election to the extent that the result was possibly changed* (a given to most of us) is there any machinery to negate said election and call for a rewind?

If not - big gap in US Constitution.

If so - let's BRING IT!

* But this would never be admitted - so pipe dream over....

Has there been, or is there scheduled to be, any enquiry into Comey's unprecedented interference in the election - over something that, as it turned out, did not exist? (Incriminating HRC emails)? Isn't such intervention specifically forbidden under FBI rules?

The level of interference and - yes. corruption - by the Republicans in this election is, to a non US citizen, almost unreal.That the US is now a banana republic is now an entrenched belief in certain  circles   - including mine!

17 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

Please don't do that. It'll 1. give the sharks a taste of human flesh, 2. be very messy to clean up, and 3. I'd miss you. :)

@samurai_sarahThanks - I will remember your comment whenever it seems to be TOO MUCH! And the thought of the clean-up may get me off that cliff.....who would have to do it?

I too would like to know what would be done if Russian interference in the election - resulting in the win of the GOP - were to be proven. I'd also like to know what would happen if it could be proven that a significant part of the GOP was corrupt. By that I mean not only the Tangerine Toddler, Pence and all the cronies, but also the Repubs supporting him now. Is there any provision what would happen if the whole government, plus parts of Congress are corrupt? Could all of them be removed from office? 

6 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I too would like to know what would be done if Russian interference in the election - resulting in the win of the GOP - were to be proven. I'd also like to know what would happen if it could be proven that a significant part of the GOP was corrupt. By that I mean not only the Tangerine Toddler, Pence and all the cronies, but also the Repubs supporting him now. Is there any provision what would happen if the whole government, plus parts of Congress are corrupt? Could all of them be removed from office? 

The impeachment procedure can be utilized for those in the senate as well. I'm just not sure who would be initiating the proceedings if a lot of Republicans end up being guilty. 

I think we're in uncharted territory here. 

19 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I wish I knew. There should be some provision, but I don't think the Founding Fathers ever envisaged the level of corruption we are seeing now.

I think they believed that those who stood for office would do so selflessly, to work for the good of the nation. They did not foresee the  the level of profit that could be made as the selfinterestedness of those who 'represent' the average US citizen now came to the fore - and they also did not foresee the level of profit the individual could direct to his pocket via lobbying, interest groups etc.

The bottom line is, they were more honest, idealistic and better people, and just did not see the possibilities for corruption.

So no easy constitutional exit from the tRump horror.

I don't have a lot of time to post because I have to leave for work in a few minutes, bu there are a few articles that give some good information on what's unfolding with the Trump-Russia scandal: 

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/2/19/1635773/-More-intrigue-surrounding-the-Russian-sanctions-and-Trump-s-intriguers

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/2/20/1635831/-Trump-s-partners-craft-a-peace-plan-that-rewards-Russia-for-invading-Ukraine

Dog damn it! This fucking video makes me SO FUCKING ANGRY. Why are those fools standing there nodding and smiling. Jesus, Trump is fucking worthless. :angry-cussingblack: Hearing him talk about Ben Carson is making my blood boil. Is he the only Black man he knows about? And he's going off about the states he won by double!? Is he serious?

I can't finish the video. You go ahead and watch. I'm about to lose it. 

I'm so disgusted I can't even form a coherent sentence. I can't listen to the MLK Jr. Quote. I know it will be out if context. :angry-banghead:

25 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Just in case we weren't pissed off enough:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/899/text

:angry-screaming:

Uhhhh.... Wut? 

WhaaaaaH????????

WTF?

:wtsf:

I'm not even sure how to respond to this, as you can see.

The only thing that makes any kind of sense is that they are deliberately setting out to keep the sheeple dumb. No education, so you don't learn to think for yourself, no need for that! We'll tell you what to think, which alternative fact you should believe, who is right, what is wrong. 

Yeah, it's all leading up to a totalitarian regime. Scary, scary stuff happening right before our eyes.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Just in case we weren't pissed off enough:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/899/text

:angry-screaming:

That is disgusting, but I'm not surprised. An ill-educated population is what the Repubs want.

@JMarie, I was just coming to post that. It's probably the best news I've seen all day. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Talking to my widely-read retired military relative, as we were discussing Bannon being on the principals committee of the NSC, as well as government appointees being summarily fired for voicing anti-Trump sentiments, he was comparing Bannon and the Trump snitches to political commissars, who were assigned to Red Army and Soviet Army units to maintain the party line for most of the first half of the 20th Century, although the idea originated during the French Revolution, where the political commissar "guarded against anti-Revolutionary thought and action."

Trust me, there will be a rash of snitches reporting on people with anti-Trump sentiments in the weeks and months ahead. 

Surprise, surprise, Agent Fuck Face lied about his time in school;

phillyvoice.com/penn-student-newspaper-debunks-trumps-claims-graduating-top-his-class/

The University of Pennsylvania’s student-run newspaper, The Daily Pennsylvanian, reports that school records suggest President Donald Trump did not graduate in the top 15 percent of his class in 1968 and he did not make the dean’s list, despite his reported claims.

The school newspaper adds that the university's online alumni database lists 366 graduates of its business school in 1968, therefore, not being named among the top 56 means that Trump didn’t “graduate first in his class,” as he’s reportedly claimed in past interviews. Nor does it appear that he graduated in the top 15 percent of his class.

The commencement program from 1968 does not list Trump as graduating with honors of any kind.

For its report, The Daily Pennsylvanian also spoke with several of Trump’s former classmates, who helped paint a picture of the kind of student the president appeared to be. Interviewees noted that he did not stand out academically and appeared to be most focused on his real estate dealings in New York.

2 hours ago, sawasdee said:

I wish I knew. There should be some provision, but I don't think the Founding Fathers ever envisaged the level of corruption we are seeing now.

I think they believed that those who stood for office would do so selflessly, to work for the good of the nation. They did not foresee the  the level of profit that could be made as the selfinterestedness of those who 'represent' the average US citizen now came to the fore - and they also did not foresee the level of profit the individual could direct to his pocket via lobbying, interest groups etc.

The bottom line is, they were more honest, idealistic and better people, and just did not see the possibilities for corruption.

So no easy constitutional exit from the tRump horror.

I think if they had they would've said aw fuck it, the British Government isn't that bad.

I see now Robert Mugabe is now trying to lick the orange;

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-39027611

President Donald Trump should be given a chance to prove himself, Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe says.

He went on to express his support for Mr Trump's America-first policy, saying "America for Americans" and "Zimbabwe for Zimbabweans".

It is unusual for the veteran head of state to publicly back any US president.

The US imposed sanctions such as travel bans and an assets freeze on Mr Mugabe and his allies in 2001.

I'm guessing he's trying to lick the orange hard enough that the sanctions will go away...

3 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

Dog damn it! This fucking video makes me SO FUCKING ANGRY. Why are those fools standing there nodding and smiling. Jesus, Trump is fucking worthless. :angry-cussingblack: Hearing him talk about Ben Carson is making my blood boil. Is he the only Black man he knows about? And he's going off about the states he won by double!? Is he serious?

I can't finish the video. You go ahead and watch. I'm about to lose it. 

I'm so disgusted I can't even form a coherent sentence. I can't listen to the MLK Jr. Quote. I know it will be out if context. :angry-banghead:

I can't watch it.  The whole tachycardia thing really is not good for me.  Ben Carson? Really? Look everybody agent orange isn't racist. He know a black man!!! Woot Woot. How fucking dare he quote Dr. King.  Then I hear he blathered on how it wasn't nice to be mean to "the Jews".  The song Locomotive Breath keeps going though my mind

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

I can't watch it.  The whole tachycardia thing really is not good for me.  Ben Carson? Really? Look everybody agent orange isn't racist. He know a black man!!! Woot Woot. How fucking dare he quote Dr. King.  Then I hear he blathered on how it wasn't nice to be mean to "the Jews".  The song Locomotive Breath keeps going though my mind

And "I'm going to be a daughter" Ivanka was there.  How many adult FJers went to work with their fathers today, even though they don't work with their fathers?

8 minutes ago, JMarie said:

And "I'm going to be a daughter" Ivanka was there.  How many adult FJers went to work with their fathers today, even though they don't work with their fathers?

Well she really don't have any thing to really do all day does she?

Interesting: "How Trump spent his first month in office, by the numbers". There are charts and an explanation for the calculation for each chunk of time. Thirteen hours spent Tweeting and only six hours on intelligence briefings. Pretty much what we'd all expect from the tangerine toddler.

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Sid Miller.  The only good thing about him is he's not our new Secretary of Agriculture.  Sid Miller entertained fantasies that he'd be appointed, but didn't make the cut.  He's a tea bagging, Kool-aid drinking idiot who never met a fake tweet he didn't like.  Oh, and he's the Trump-humping Texas Agricultural Commissioner.  

He also used state money to go to Oklahoma on the pretense of touring a stockyard, but he skipped the tour to go see some quack who charged him $300 for the miraculous "Jesus shot" that is supposed to make you pain free for life. :doh:

2 hours ago, JMarie said:

When I was about seven to the time I was eleven my dad worked at a large university.  Sometimes I'd accompany him to work.  Once or twice I sat in on his lectures and of course I was board silly. Other times I'd run around on campus, buy a snack from the student union and feel all grown up. 

26 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

He also used state money to go to Oklahoma on the pretense of touring a stockyard, but he skipped the tour to go see some quack who charged him $300 for the miraculous "Jesus shot" that is supposed to make you pain free for life. :doh:

Yeah, the Jesus Shot was priceless.  He also went off to Mississippi using a state credit card and campaign money to participate in a rodeo. He won $880.  From the Houston Chronicle: 

It was a was still a justifiable campaign expense, Miller said, because while at the horse show rodeo he spoke with the Mississippi agriculture commissioner and several rodeo participants and vendors who had donated to his campaign.

He ended up paying everything back and somehow managed to evade ethics charges. 

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived