IGNORED

Trump 12: Nevertheless, She Persisted (Let's do the same!)

Destiny

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

How on earth is Ivanka able to insert herself into all these occasions?  I've heard of 'Bring Your Kid To Work' day, but isn't this getting a bit ridiculous? I suppose it doesn't matter so much when it's a photo op and/or a learning opportunity, but it really bugs me to see her sitting in meetings.

:annoyed:

If it were his daughter, it would be ridiculous. Remember, Ivanka is also Trump's surrogate wife, so in that case, she can accompany him.

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Geez, I was in school when I was five. Why isn't Ivanka's daughter in school? Oh, maybe she is going to a Betsy DeVos-approved "school", which doesn't require attendance. And, even though I was always interested in learning, I think sitting in the Supreme Court, listening to a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo would have bored me to tears as a child.

I'm not sure when Ivanka's daughter turned 5, but I was almost 6 when I started school. I turned 5 in November, but had to wait for the next August to start school. My mom was a stay at home mom at the time, so I didn't go to preschool, but I could read well before I entered kindergarten.

No junior kindergarten in the U.S.? I was four when I started school, some of my classmates were three because the cut-off date was December 31st. Pretty crazy looking back on it!

54 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

If it were his daughter, it would be ridiculous. Remember, Ivanka is also Trump's surrogate wife, so in that case, she can accompany him.

I'm not sure when Ivanka's daughter turned 5, but I was almost 6 when I started school. I turned 5 in November, but had to wait for the next August to start school. My mom was a stay at home mom at the time, so I didn't go to preschool, but I could read well before I entered kindergarten.

I'm a November baby too. I had to take a test to start school early -- the only thing I remember from it was having to draw a picture of my father -- but it got me going early. My mom started me on reading before that too.

"Things got VERY ugly on CNN last night"

CNN commentator Kayleigh McEnany posed a simple question to Steven Goldstein, the Anne Frank Center's executive director, on Tuesday night: “You think the president does not like Jews and is prejudiced against Jews?”

Goldstein's response was unequivocal: “You bet.”

So began an intense exchange on CNN's “Out Front” that escalated when McEnany suggested that President Trump cannot be anti-Semitic because his daughter Ivanka converted to Judaism when she married Jared Kushner.

“Does he hate his daughter?” McEnany asked. “Does he hate his son-in-law?”

“You know what, Kayleigh?” Goldstein shot back. “I am tired of commentators like you on the right trotting out his daughter, trotting out his son-in-law as talking points against the president's anti-Semitism. They are Jewish, but that is not a talking point against anti-Semitism, and that is a disgrace. Have you no ethics?”

Anchor Erin Burnett eventually cut in to say that “it is true that when someone is close to somebody they can see them differently [than] they see others. … If you look at what happens throughout history, that's certainly been true with anti-Semitism and many other things.”

The back-and-forth over Kushner and Ivanka Trump's Jewishness made good television, but the real substance of the disagreement between McEnany and Goldstein came down to a recurring question about Trump: Are his denunciations of hatred good enough?

Fifty-three Jewish community centers in 26 states have received threatening calls this year, and more than 170 Jewish gravestones were toppled at a cemetery in suburban St. Louis over the weekend. Trump, who often tweets his reactions to news events immediately, did not address the incidents until Tuesday, when he said that “the anti-Semitic threats targeting our Jewish community and community centers are horrible and are painful and a very sad reminder of the work that still must be done to root out hate and prejudice and evil.”

Trump doesn't speak like presidents Barack Obama or George W. Bush (or any other past president), and he is very proud of that fact. Perhaps then he should not be judged by the standard of his predecessors.

But Trump has set himself up for criticism by the standard he set for himself. By tweeting swift reactions to terrorist attacks carried out by Muslims and Fox News segments about shootings in Chicago, he has created an expectation that he will be equally attuned to attacks against Muslims and threats to Jewish community centers.

When he isn't, people notice. And they wonder about the president's priorities.

Kayleigh needs to go the way of Kellyanne...OUT.

30 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm a November baby too. I had to take a test to start school early -- the only thing I remember from it was having to draw a picture of my father -- but it got me going early. My mom started me on reading before that too.

"Things got VERY ugly on CNN last night"

All his women look alike.  I wonder if he makes them dye their hair and starve themselves. 

ETA:  I realized this looks like I'm body shaming, and I am sorry for that. I just notice his "type", as if a person of color or an older woman would never be 'chosen' by him.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

No junior kindergarten in the U.S.? I was four when I started school, some of my classmates were three because the cut-off date was December 31st. Pretty crazy looking back on it!

There is pre k here.  My kid has a November birthday, and the cutoff date is September 1.  I didn't go for a waiver.  She was a bit delayed back then and I wanted to give her a chance to catch up.  She did and is getting good grades in middle school.  Well except for math.  she has tanked this quarter. I just hope she passes. 

Loose lips sink (economic) ships, Donald! 

Yeah, Mexico has a rebuttal: 

Mexican senator aims to hit U.S. for Trump's 'big lie' on NAFTA

Spoiler

A prominent Mexican senator wants to remind President Trump of the benefits of free trade -- by taking a big one away from the U.S.

Senator Armando Rios introduced a bill that would drastically cut down Mexico's purchases of U.S. corn.

Mexico bought nearly 25% of all U.S. corn last year, totaling $2.6 billion. It's the second biggest market in the world for U.S. corn only behind Japan.

Trump says NAFTA, the free trade deal with Mexico and Canada, has been a "one-sided deal" in which Mexico has won and America has lost.

Rios disagrees.

"The position of Donald Trump is a mistaken one and it's a lying one," Rios told CNNMoney Wednesday." They have been insisting that Mexico takes advantage of the U.S. regarding NAFTA and that's totally false... It's a big lie, so there is a good way to show that this is not true."

In regards to people talking about the Washington post, I also discovered, that if you have Amazon Prime you can sign up for a free 6 month subscription, to the online post. That was the road I decided to go, myself.

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Kayleigh always comes across to me as one of those book smart, life dumb people. She can obviously memorize and recite information, but she doesn't really seem to understand how we assimilate new information into our existing knowledge base, and then use all of that available information to guide us in our decisions. If she hasn't been taught that XYZ is bad, she doesn't seem to know how to determine that for herself.

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Might want to add Time Magazine to that list...

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't realize they were doing good reporting on the subject. I'll check them out. 

3 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

All his women look alike.  I wonder if he makes them dye their hair and starve themselves. 

ETA:  I realized this looks like I'm body shaming, and I am sorry for that. I just notice his "type", as if a person of color or an older woman would never be 'chosen' by him.

There is pre k here.  My kid has a November birthday, and the cutoff date is September 1.  I didn't go for a waiver.  She was a bit delayed back then and I wanted to give her a chance to catch up.  She did and is getting good grades in middle school.  Well except for math.  she has tanked this quarter. I just hope she passes. 

Don't forget that they have to have that vacant look. He doesn't want people with a brain who might challenge him. I didn't take it as body shaming, he definitely has a type. Honestly, I was surprised Melania isn't a bottle blonde. I wonder if he encouraged her to dye her hair.

On another note, I hope your daughter gets in a class with a great math teacher; a great teacher can make a huge difference. Even though I am good in math, I struggled with Algebra. I had one semester of Algebra II with the teacher from hell. I barely scraped a C; the second semester, I was switched to another teacher's class. That guy was phenomenal and explained things in such a way that everything just clicked in place. I ended up with a 97 average that semester. Sometimes it just takes the right teacher explaining things the right way.

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Kayleigh always comes across to me as one of those book smart, life dumb people. She can obviously memorize and recite information, but she doesn't really seem to understand how we assimilate new information into our existing knowledge base, and then use all of that available information to guide us in our decisions. If she hasn't been taught that XYZ is bad, she doesn't seem to know how to determine that for herself.

Thank you for this.  I watched Kayleigh for the first time on last night's exchange on CNN and your explanation helps me put her in context.  

She was instantly shouted down by two people simultaneously when she dropped a whopper -- IIRC, one of them shouted, "No, that can't stand!"  That was extremely gratifying.  She's also annoying. 

So earlier today I went to a planned parenthood volunteer orientation. I've been feeling rather down with of course everything, but especially with the deportation he's executing cause I know a couple of people who are DACA students and I'm just so scared for their families cause when you know someone suffering it just hits you so much more.

So I was on a high after the orientation, feeling good about resisting and then I see the whole Transgender students protection be torn apart and I'm back to square one. I hated how so many people say while he was campaigning that he wouldn't touch LGBTQAI anything.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/22/politics/doj-withdraws-federal-protections-on-transgender-bathrooms-in-schools/

Here's how the Tangerine Toddler spent his first month in office:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/02/21/how-donald-trump-spent-his-first-month-in-office-by-the-numbers/?postshare=5331487716216881&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.3eb1628e2d2d

Because the graph used in the article is pretty big, I put it behind a spoiler.

Spoiler

a.jpg

So the tantrum twitterer spent more than twice the amount of time (13 hours) tweeting than he spent on intelligence briefings (6 hours). SAD!

11 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

So I was on a high after the orientation, feeling good about resisting and then I see the whole Transgender students protection be torn apart and I'm back to square one. I hated how so many people say while he was campaigning that he wouldn't touch LGBTQAI anything.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/22/politics/doj-withdraws-federal-protections-on-transgender-bathrooms-in-schools/

Fuck you, Trump. Fuck you, Pence. Fuck this. They are TEENS, for fuck's sake, let them use the damn bathroom in safety and go bully someone equal to you in power and privilege.

14 hours ago, Howl said:

Thank you for this.  I watched Kayleigh for the first time on last night's exchange on CNN and your explanation helps me put her in context

You're welcome. :pb_smile:

Some friends of mine shared a house with a person like Kayleigh. He was a college student with a 4.0 average, really nice guy. Anyway, he almost burned their house down because none of his studies covered why you don't try to bake stuff in the oven on plastic drink trays. :doh:

"A majority of Americans are embarrassed by President Trump". Lots and lots of charts and graphs. Basically, although the results were highly partisan, a lot of Americans are embarrassed by him and think he's not a good leader and is not level-headed (shocker, I know). Here's the concluding paragraph:

Trump won the presidency by embracing a core group of conservative Republicans that has continued to stand staunchly by his side ever since — and doing little to lure anyone else to his side. He won by running against a flawed Democratic candidate who won more votes — as predicted by national polls like the ones cited above — but fumbled the electoral college. If Trump’s desired outcome was to advance to the presidency and then lead an adoring nation through four ecstatic years, polling suggests that he hasn’t yet figured out how to make that happen.

Given that Americans see him as divisive, hot-tempered, dishonest and adrift from their values, polling also suggests that the country is skeptical that he can

I know I'm embarrassed that he's seen as our public face. So many of my coworkers in other countries have asked me privately if he is for real.

Really, it didn't think SCROTUS could get any crazier, but yes.  Ted Cruz claims that another Supreme Court seat could open by this summer.  He didn't clarify who he thinks would leave or die. 

Shouldn't Twitter put Trump in Twitter time out for this?

Screenshot 2017-02-23 at 1.14.49 PM.png

6 minutes ago, Howl said:

Really, it didn't think SCROTUS could get any crazier, but yes.  Ted Cruz claims that another Supreme Court seat could open by this summer.  He didn't clarify who he thinks would leave or die. 

That is just flipping unbelievable. So, now he's advocating murder. What a leader.

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Is this real? Sure it isn't a cloned post? Because if it is real - we have a sitting President applauding the murder of a former President .......at the time of the French Revolution, the British Crown was VERY careful of what was said - they didn't want Britain to get any ideas from France about their own future!

Wow. Just wow. I think this is probably his most insane post - and that is saying something! And some people still think he is an acceptable(?) president?????

So this was tweeted at lunch time - where were his minders......

8 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

Is this real? Sure it isn't a cloned post? Because if it is real - we have a sitting President applauding the murder of a former President .......at the time of the French Revolution, the British Crown was VERY careful of what was said - they didn't want Britain to get any ideas from France about their own future!

Wow. Just wow. I think this is probably his most insane post - and that is saying something! And some people still think he is an acceptable(?) president?????

So this was tweeted at lunch time - where were his minders......

I'm going to wait and see on this one. Like you said, people can create fake tweets in order to fool people. 

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived