IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 3: Shifting Blame and Escape Rooms

choralcrusader8613

57 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I would have totally mounted my roadkill, but I've never hit anything that big. I mean if I could get away with it, which clearly Jinger did. I found Jana's smirk so very amusing while Joy was talking about finding the perfect one. Also, of course Joe called Pastor Caldwell. Notice more Joe and now all of a sudden, Pastor Caldwell! See not some random!

Guess I missed that part. Was she trying to convey something? 

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I was trying to figure out if it was the same clothes as last week but I was too lazy to look up the old video.

My only other thought regarding "Rufus" is that he quite possibly has a better name than the child Jinger was going to see born.

Buzzard?  You're still here?  I was betting that you'd have had that baby by now.  Good thing I don't gamble.  Anyway, I went overdue on all of my pregnancies, so I understand the annoyance of having to keep waiting while everyday things get more and more difficult to do.  Best wishes, it won't be long now!

In regards to the show, I was surprised to hear that Jinger had a stick blender.  It doesn't seem like something the Duggars would have or know about.

As for Jill hitting a deer, in my parts when you hit a large animal you're supposed to report it immediately.  Someone needs to make sure the carcass is clear of the road and if the animal is still fresh, local butchers take turns parting out the animal for the food pantry.  They're the best people to know what parts of the animal aren't too damaged by the impact to be considered fit for human consumption.  The rest of the meat is frozen and sent to a nearby wildlife sanctuary to be fed to animals used to eating less than pristine cuts of meat.  I've never heard of the person who hit the animal being allowed to keep the head, and personally, I wouldn't want an animal head in my house, much less in my bedroom.

3 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Buzzard?  You're still here?  I was betting that you'd have had that baby by now.  Good thing I don't gamble.  Anyway, I went overdue on all of my pregnancies, so I understand the annoyance of having to keep waiting while everyday things get more and more difficult to do.  Best wishes, it won't be long now!

I'm still here! 

Mentioned upthread was the show on before counting on - girls who dont age.  This has NOT been an easy pregnancy and I did NOT need to see a show about shit that could be wrong with baby buzzard that arent detected on a micro array.  That was NOT COOL.  I'm just glad that it said at the end of the show that it doesnt impact boys, but that didnt stop me from spending the vast majority of the show googling it... Fuck TLC.

20 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Guess I missed that part. Was she trying to convey something? 

I have no idea. It was just really funny for me, I'm guessing that Joy was courting Austin at the time and was conveying her hope of them working it out. Jana just reminded me of a Mom, the way she was smirking and had sort of a knowing look. It was funny. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I'm still here! 

Mentioned upthread was the show on before counting on - girls who dont age.  This has NOT been an easy pregnancy and I did NOT need to see a show about shit that could be wrong with baby buzzard that arent detected on a micro array.  That was NOT COOL.  I'm just glad that it said at the end of the show that it doesnt impact boys, but that didnt stop me from spending the vast majority of the show googling it... Fuck TLC.

Oh no! Parents-to- imagine every possible calamity.

I'm sure everything will be just fine and dandy!

<3

14 hours ago, Jiraffe said:

I hit a bird a couple years ago. Yes really, it must not have been the sharpest twig in the nest and it just...flew into my windshield on the highway. To this day if I see birds up ahead I'll yell "MOVE BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!! FLY!!!" 

I can't imagine mounting my own roadkill! However, as others have said, it does make her kinda badass. It's a serious quirk, and in Duggarville that's an accomplishment! So I guess you do you, Jinger...roll on with your Rufus-filled badass life. 

I hit a bird once too! I was so shocked. That sucker just flew into my windshield. I wasn't even going fast. It just wouldn't change direction. I drive a huge car and it bounced and I didn't even see where it landed. I also swerve if I have room to avoid all birds lol 

Just now, OyToTheVey said:

I hit a bird once too! I was so shocked. That sucker just flew into my windshield. I wasn't even going fast. It just wouldn't change direction. I drive a huge car and it bounced and I didn't even see where it landed. I also swerve if I have room to avoid all birds lol 

At my college orientation, a bird flew into the window while I was sleeping. I was on the 3rd floor. 

5 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

At my college orientation, a bird flew into the window while I was sleeping. I was on the 3rd floor. 

I would have died when I woke up. I've had a few birds poop on me. I always duck when I see a bird flying at me. Birds are not my friend.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

My aunt hit a moose and they kept it. I never did ask her what she did with the head...

As a teenager I worked after school filing accident reports for the Alaska Dept. of Transportation.  There aren't a lot of roads up there, and about a quarter of the accidents were people who had hit a moose. Most of them asked to keep the moose for meat -- since their car was likely totaled, they were hoping to get something in exchange, and there's a lot of meat on a moose. 

I am sick of hearing the Duggars say definitely all the time.  Jinger is the worst.  She said "I definitely am looking forward to seeing Jeremy.  It definitely will be hard to live so far away from my sisters."  It seems like she cannot say a sentence without inserting an unnecessary definitely in it.  Jeremy has started saying definitely a lot and so have some of the Duggar siblings.  

I did not love seeing Jinger, Jeremy, and Jed chew gum with their mouths open in the car driving to Laredo.  The endless clips of Jinger as a child and teenager were irritating too because we've seen them all before.

5 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

So JimBoob had the balls to talk to Jeremy about money even though Jeremy has some education in finance.  I guess it makes sense he grilled Derick over money too and he has an accounting degree.

Awe but don't you know that Jimbob has speshul knowledge about how God wants you to use money, that is superior to a university degree?

2 hours ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

Joy-Anna and Jeremiah are interns apparently, so why not film that for the TV show?

They probably are filming it but we won't see it til next season.  They're running about 3 months behind.

Just now, justmy2cents said:

They probably are filming it but we won't see it til next season.  They're running about 3 months behind.

Thank you I didn't realize the time difference! 

1 minute ago, justmy2cents said:

1. Joy-Anna and a career in politics. How F-ing STUPID do they think we are?? They're probably interns for a day like hundred of high school kids do. Give us a break, TLC. We KNOW that no Duggar uterus will be wasted except Jana's which is martyred for the cause.

2. Daily Mail has a lot of screen shots today. I wish they'd GIVE THE HELL UP on the adoring listening pose. Gag, Puke, Barf.

3. Has Jing peed on her stick yet? Should be an announcement anytime now. Little Victorious Virgin Vagina Volvo will be here before we know it.

2 minutes ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

Thank you I didn't realize the time difference! 

I was thinking that it was something cooked up by TLC so they have something to film.

2 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I was thinking that it was something cooked up by TLC so they have something to film.

The fact that a female Duggar is doing an activity that isn't pink collar? Of course it's cooked up by TLC. I just would like to see them in different settings. Grocery store, coach, motor vehicle, birthing bed, and restaurant scenes are getting pretty stale. 

15 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

Awe but don't you know that Jimbob has speshul knowledge about how God wants you to use money, that is superior to a university degree?

I forgot. I will see myself to the prayer closet now. 

I wish I were more interested in seeing Joy in a different setting, but I already know how it's going to be described. "It was really neat to be able to have this experience, and yeah, it was just neat to be there and neat to, like, see everything and all the people there and stuff. My dad was in the Arkansas House of Representatives when I was little so it was neat to be back and see where he worked and all that. It was really neat to be able to go with my brother and it was just a really special time, so... yeah."

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Blah blah blah blah blah so/and... yeah."

Could be a speech macro for those girls.

16 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

Rufus. it has a name. I don’t know why I’m surprised.

I thought that was hilarious. This is something I or my friends would do, hit a deal mount its head name it and use it for a hat rack. I like it it shows she has a sense of humor, something that is VERY lacking in fundydum. That moose head is a little like this ugly ass vase that I bought 25 (holy shit 1992 was 25 years ago) years ago when I moved into my first apartment on my own. We were at store like Gordman's can't remember what it was called) I was looking fr a basket or something to put in a corner and saw this vase, ti ws ugly as hell my new roommate and I laughed and laughed and said we should buy it, after looking around for several hours, we got it because ultimately  it was on clearance for $5. We called it ironic decor, we were very Reality Bites, in the winter of our Discontent.  We were the original hipsters, hippsters before hippsters was a thing and we hated it more then, not really but it is fun to think back. 

That trip down memory lane, to say, I think the deer head is funny and I like especially tucked away in a spare room. 

Where did Jeremy go to grad school since this was referred in the episode.   I looked on a Wiki page and see his two colleges, but don't find mention of grad school attendance.

57 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

1. Joy-Anna and a career in politics. How F-ing STUPID do they think we are?? They're probably interns for a day like hundred of high school kids do. Give us a break, TLC. We KNOW that no Duggar uterus will be wasted except Jana's which is martyred for the cause.

However, it is possible that Austin is considering a future career in politics, and an internship, however brief, would be helpful for Joy,  as a political wife. 

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hate that as well, and I also find it annoying when it's brushed off as a "Southern" thing. You're butchering English either way. Though nothing is as aggravating as "ain't got none." (to me, anyways.)

I agree, it is butchering.

This really annoyed me all of my almost 50 years in the South, that so many people seemingly choose to talk like such hicks.  It embarrassed me so much, I always tried to speak precisely and with as little accent as I could manage (and it was very thick, all around me).  I've been away from it so long now, people up here rarely notice I even have one, unless I am unhappy with them :)

Something else that really bothers me is that so many people all over don't seem to know how to use adverbs correctly anymore. I find myself adding -ly to everything for them (both irl and while watching tv, sometimes loudly).  This absolutely drives me up the wall, this and the cop shows, etc., that say "what do we/you got?"

19 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

Rufus. it has a name. I don’t know why I’m surprised.

I'm not surprised.  Josiah pretended to drop a baby many years ago and found the cameraman's reaction funny.  Jim Bob pretended to kidnap a few of the Bateses many years ago and also thought it was funny.  Jinger, IMO, has no real sympathy for the dead animal but thought having its head stuffed and used as a hat rack was funny.  Meanwhile, I'm sure any of them would be quick to cry murder over someone else's use of a morning-after pill.

:562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

So did anyone catch Jana giving Jill a nasty look at the beginning? They were in the girls' bedroom packing and jill double tapped Jana and told her to do something. It was bossy and kind of dismissive and Jana threw a nasty look at her. I was watching with my 15 year old and she told me that's called "throwing shade" at someone. : )

Sorry but that is not Michelle at 5:00 am. Gimme  a break.

I also thought it was striking how different Derick looks now compared to the courting days. Him and Jill are not thriving.

They've managed to drag last season's finale into an entirely new season lasting a whole season. With re-caps, coming up, and commercials, they probably do about 10 minutes of new material a week.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived