IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 3: Shifting Blame and Escape Rooms

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

So did anyone catch Jana giving Jill a nasty look at the beginning? They were in the girls' bedroom packing and jill double tapped Jana and told her to do something. It was bossy and kind of dismissive and Jana threw a nasty look at her. I was watching with my 15 year old and she told me that's called "throwing shade" at someone. : )

Sorry but that is not Michelle at 5:00 am. Gimme  a break.

I also thought it was striking how different Derick looks now compared to the courting days. Him and Jill are not thriving.

They've managed to drag last season's finale into an entirely new season lasting a whole season. With re-caps, coming up, and commercials, they probably do about 10 minutes of new material a week.

They must be low on people willing to advertise right? Perhaps this is how they compensate for lack of funding.

43 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

They must be low on people willing to advertise right? Perhaps this is how they compensate for lack of funding.

Jill asked Jana to make a master list of things for Jinger to pack? I noticed the way she tapped her and I definitely saw the shade ! Jana & John shade everyone! 

2 minutes ago, AlternativeVoice said:

Jill asked Jana to make a master list of things for Jinger to pack? I noticed the way she tapped her and I definitely saw the shade ! Jana & John shade everyone! 

Glad you saw it too! Yeah it wouldn't end well if someone did a "double tap do this" to me lol.

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

So did anyone catch Jana giving Jill a nasty look at the beginning? They were in the girls' bedroom packing and jill double tapped Jana and told her to do something. It was bossy and kind of dismissive and Jana threw a nasty look at her. I was watching with my 15 year old and she told me that's called "throwing shade" at someone. : )

I just wanna see Jana go rogue one of these days. When Jill did that, she should of got up, slapped her across the face and said "make me...bitch." And while she's at it, she can close-line Jessa for all the things she's done to her. Now that I'd pay to see!

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Ugh seen vs. saw. I swear people don't get that here either. I seen it or I seen him. No, you saw it!

At least some of these can be blamed on locality.  The I/me problem is just bad grammar.

"Do you want Joe and I's extra tickets? "

"Yes, give them to Sam and I."

I always want to say, yes just give them to I.

6 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I hit a bird once too! I was so shocked. That sucker just flew into my windshield. I wasn't even going fast. It just wouldn't change direction. I drive a huge car and it bounced and I didn't even see where it landed. I also swerve if I have room to avoid all birds lol 

I couldn't believe it!!! I drive a Mazda 3 so it's not like I was high up into the bird's space...there were 2 of them, one was smart and flew up away from me, the other just didn't move and bounced right off the windshield. It was the first long trip that car ever made, too, and I had to pull over because it was my first (and only, so far) roadkill and I was beside myself, and because I wanted to make sure my brand new car was okay. No idea where bird wound up. I swerve now too if I have room!

22 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I just wanna see Jana go rogue one of these days. When Jill did that, she should of got up, slapped her across the face and said "make me...bitch." And while she's at it, she can close-line Jessa for all the things she's done to her. Now that I'd pay to see!

I think one more remodel / set up house episode and we are halfway there 

I predict it when Joy gets a house 

@Chickenbutt because this relates to New Mexico and @Jiraffe and @OyToTheVey, on a trip through Cloudcroft, NM with the 3 kids, one of wgom was a carseat critter, my husband suddenly tells me to throw a blanket over the baby and everyone else to get down as far as they could without taking off thier seatbelts. Seconds later, a turkey skims our wiper blades on the windshield! We stopped in town after that for a soda to calm down!!

This pic was taken today at the Duggar's Valentine's Day party. I'm certain that's the Caldwell girl with Joe. With Pastor Caldwell introduced in the show (well he's kinda been on before), ladies and gents we must be getting real close to an announcement. 

IMG_2137.PNG

Yeah, I think that we are going to have a Joe announcement soonish. :my_heart: is in the air! And not just because of Valentine's Day. 

47 minutes ago, DaniLouisiana said:

@Chickenbutt because this relates to New Mexico and @Jiraffe and @OyToTheVey, on a trip through Cloudcroft, NM with the 3 kids, one of wgom was a carseat critter, my husband suddenly tells me to throw a blanket over the baby and everyone else to get down as far as they could without taking off thier seatbelts. Seconds later, a turkey skims our wiper blades on the windshield! We stopped in town after that for a soda to calm down!!

OMG! A turkey!!!! That would be terrifying, they're freaking huge! Thankfully mine was just some little bird. 

I did have to stop in the middle of one of the most major highways in Ontario once though, to let a bunch of turkeys cross the road. Six lanes of city traffic just sat there while they ambled along. I also got into a standoff with a partridge on a rural road once too, that thing would not move, no matter how much I honked or yelled at it. Come to think of it, not unlike @OyToTheVey, I don't think birds are my friends either.

@Jiraffe, we have wild turkeys in our front yard on a daily basis! We have a nearby creek surrounded by fields which is where the flock(s) live. We get to see the babies in the spring and try to guess the mamas-we have some with pretty unique color patterns.

@Jiraffe,  I once saw traffic stopped on all 6 lanes US 291 in Greenville SC for a mama duck and her ducklings who were crossing the road.  It made me think of the children's book Make Way for Ducklings.

Do these people have to use disposable plates, cups and utensils all the damn time?

How cool is that @DaniLouisiana! We stayed a night in rural New Hampshire last fall and in the morning, there was a pretty large flock of wild turkeys out behind the hotel, just outside our window. They were our entertainment for the morning--I don't think we have wild turkeys in my area. Had a bear on my porch last summer though!

@PennySycamore Hahaha! That would be so freaking cute, I wouldn't mind stopping for that at all! 

And yep, I think they do need to use their disposable stuff all the damn time. I swear they must be sponsored by a styrofoam dish company. 

@Jiraffe, a BEAR?!? On the porch?!? I would have a freakout along with my dog, Sammy! Bears are the reason Bigfoit told his father, "you can move there but you are not taking my mother!" to moving up by Chester CA.

@DaniLouisiana Yup, a big old black bear! I live in a midsized town, but there's still a lot of woods and rural areas in city limits. So they're so common here they're basically just a nuisance, like raccoons. When I moved up here I was blown away by the fact that everyone had a bear on the property story--I'm from Toronto, this was not a normal thing to me!!! But having encountered them at pretty close range a few times now, I've gotten used to them. As long as you don't freak out, they pretty well stay away from you.

However, I did scream at my hubby because he was about to open the door to see what the noise was--I looked out and saw the bear and did NOT want it coming in my house!! Turned out he had left our garbage bin on the front porch accidentally. Bear walked right up my front steps, took my bin, and had dinner in my back yard. 

@Jiraffe A Bear? Damn, I was pretty nervous when there was a big ole bull moose in my yard last spring. Nice looking creatures, from a  distance! 

@Carm_88, aahhhh, I would LOVE to see a moose, they look just amazing. However, yeah, right in my yard like that would make me nervous too! I do think bears are just beautiful animals, we saw one just a few feet from our car in a parking lot once and I happened to have my camera with zoom lens handy, so I got a great look at it. But yeah...they get a little too close for comfort for sure. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Yeah, I think that we are going to have a Joe announcement soonish. :my_heart: is in the air! And not just because of Valentine's Day. 

Well wait a minute...which girl are u talking about?? One blonde and one with dark hair. Is this a person who is with the Duggars all the time? Never heard of the Caldwells. Whatever happened to the Wilson family and is Mr Wilson in remession?

Bears! That would freak me out entirely. We get coyote poop in our front yard occasionally (i live in a large suburban city) and bobcats a lot.  But bears...there's a reason i won't camp when we visit relatives in the north.

11 hours ago, singsingsing said:

My aunt hit a moose and they kept it. I never did ask her what she did with the head...

I lived in a beach city in southern California for a short while. Before baby#2 was born, we dropped baby#1 off at my parent's house for some alone time before the new baby arrived. We walked to an ice cream shop one night and passed through the neighborhood looking at the homes and noticed that there was a HUGE moose head hanging on one of the walls inside one of the homes. I've never seen a moose in real life, but holy crap, that thing seemed like some dinosaur sized moose. It took up a good chunk of the really high wall! The owners were inside watching tv with the lights off, so it seemed really other worldly seeing a giant, illuminated moose head in a home with most of the lights off. The fact that it was a beach city just added to how strange it was, passing by a house where a giant moose head that just watches all the passers-by. 

*FYI, I have the worst cold right now, so sorry if I don't make sense. 

@BadMammaJana, hehehee! You made laugh! You also reminded me of when we went to Yellowstone and saw an elk pair by the side of the road and thet were bugling!  After slamming my hands over my ears to block out the noise, I yelled "Holy s**t, that things huge!!" at my husband!

We were driving with friends when the driver hit a deer. We reported it at the next quarantine station. They said it would be picked up and the meat used for local institutions. Later we got a call from the insurance company to ask if the deer had jumped in front of the truck. No, we saw it in a field and chased after it. Duh.

We get a lot of deer around us. They're quite acclimated to living in a city.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived