IGNORED

Alternative Facts with Kellyanne Conway

iweartanktops

17 hours ago, Howl said:

Kellyanne looked like a walking sleep deprivation experiment today, like maybe she's subsisting on caffeine and No-Doz in massive quantities.  She's in face melt territory. 

She's about 6 years younger than my mother, and yet manages to look about 10 years older. It's kind of impressive. 

I mean I think my mom looks good for her age but still. 

• Upvote 4

"‘Morning Joe’ has blacklisted Kellyanne Conway. And that’s not all.". The article begins:

MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski said Wednesday that she refuses to book Kellyanne Conway on “Morning Joe” — and that wasn't even the harshest thing Brzezinski and co-host Joe Scarborough said about the counselor to the president.

“We know for a fact she tries to book herself on this show,” Brzezinski said. “I won't do it, 'cuz I don't believe in fake news or information that is not true. And that is — every time I've ever seen her on television, something’s askew, off or incorrect.”

The declaration that Conway is not welcome on “Morning Joe” is not very surprising. When CNN refused to put the former Trump campaign manager on its Sunday political talk show earlier this month, Brzezinksi tweeted that CNN was “not the first.” Wednesday marked the first time that she revealed a blanket ban on appearances by Conway, however.

Even more damning than their blacklisting of Conway was the way the “Morning Joe” hosts characterized her — as an attention seeker who texts TV producers in a constant effort to get on air, so she can speak for a White House where she actually isn't in the know.

“She's in none of the key meetings,” Scarborough said. “She goes out and books herself often. … I don't even think she's saying something that she knows to be untrue. She's just saying things, just to get in front of the TV set and prove her relevance because behind the scenes — behind the scenes, she's not in these meetings.”

I wonder when the angry Tweets will start.

• Upvote 10

12 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"‘Morning Joe’ has blacklisted Kellyanne Conway. And that’s not all.". The article begins:

I wonder when the angry Tweets will start.

That's the most apt description of Kelly Anne Conway I've read yet.  I'm glad to see people starting to catch on and refusing to play her childish attention seeking games.  She should have done what she originally planned to do and walk off into the sunset for new opportunities elsewhere.  She was a key member of a winning presidential campaign.  Certainly someone somewhere will hire her for something.  And it'd probably be a lot less stressful.

• Upvote 6

A good op-ed piece: "The Downfall of Kellyanne Conway". A few excerpts:

As Kellyanne Conway sleepwalks her way through a series of increasingly embarrassing interviews, it’s been hard not to feel sorry for her. It was difficult not to feel bad for her when “Saturday Night Live” depicted her as a craven hack driven to “Fatal Attraction”-style debasement by a desire to appear on the news. When the cast of “Morning Joe” pointed out that Ms. Conway’s recent appearances on news shows proved her a useless source of information, when they sneered at Ms. Conway’s apparent White House ostracization, it was difficult to not feel stirrings of sympathy.

But I can’t feel sorry for Kellyanne Conway. Not anymore.

Not long ago, Ms. Conway felt like a vital part of a system that needed smart people on both sides to make it work. As a pollster who studied the electoral behavior of women, she served as a bridge between the right wing and a demographic that often seemed to perplex them.

I liked watching her speak then. I watched her the way a person might stand at the kitchen window and watch a raccoon abscond with the first tomato of spring. I didn’t agree with what she was doing, but I admired her chutzpah.

Once she took the reins of Donald Trump’s campaign, though, she went from smooth to slippery. She’d hammer Hillary Clinton for talking too much about gender and duck behind her femininity in the face of legitimate criticism. If she succeeded, it was because she was Kellyanne. If she failed, it was because she was a woman.

In the months leading up to the election, Ms. Conway generously lent her womanhood as a smokescreen to the Trump campaign. She tried to insert a watered-down version of feminism into the candidate’s platform, despite the fact that no mainstream feminist-leaning organizations supported him. When her boss was caught on tape bragging about sexually assaulting women, Kellyanne Conway “as a woman”-ed her way out of it. Confronted about Mr. Trump’s chauvinism, she snapped back that women who were in poverty were not served during the Obama years, as though that somehow undid her boss’s history. I gasped so frequently when she spoke that after each interview was over, I’d feel faint, like I’d spent the last several hours blowing up balloons.

I love that visual -- Kellyanne as a raccoon stealing a tomato...

As Kellyanne’s once-forceful cable news denials have disintegrated into whimpers, I can’t say I feel anything for her at all. I don’t mind when people point out how tired she looks. I simply cannot dredge up any sympathy for a person who has acknowledged the structural problems most women face only when she is personally facing them, or used them as derailing tactics when she’s losing an argument. I can’t mourn the downfall of a fair-weather feminist, a woman who has used her power to hurt other women.

Ms. Conway made her bed. And now it’s time for her to get some sleep.

Amen.

• Upvote 11

I still can't believe she ever liked her in the beginning. A few republican women I know said how hypocritically it is for liberal women to be against Kellyanne cause she did what no women has done before and became the first head woman to win a presidential campaign but that doesn't negate that she SUCKS and ya know hates other women.

Also I think it was monday, me and my mom were watching and shes like "homegirl looks SO deranged". I usually don't like commenting on women's appearances but like when hate just overfills your black heart it does make you look very disheveled!

• Upvote 3

I too watched Kellyanne when she was first doing her thing and was kind of in awe at her sheer ability to dodge, fake, pivot and lie with aplomb while simultaneously finding her utterly repellent.  

Finding out that she is constantly trying to book herself onto news shows instantly amplifies the SNL skit -- wished I'd realized this when watching SNL last week. 

That she's STILL a White House spokesperson without being in the inside loop at the White House is just more evidence of chaos and dysfunction at the highest level.  I'm starting to wonder if these competing factions among Trump's staff are by design -- as a form of control.  

• Upvote 9

Kellyanne is making friends everywhere...."A university takes on one of its own, alumna Kellyanne Conway". There are lots of interesting Tweets and screen caps in the article, here are a few quotes:

The University of Pennsylvania’s president has no comment about one of the Ivy League school’s most famous alumni, President Trump. Virginia Tech’s president has no comment about one of its most famous alumni, White House chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon.

The president of Trinity Washington University, though, has had plenty to say about one of its graduates. “Presidential Counselor Kellyanne Conway, Trinity Class of 1989, has played a large role in facilitating the manipulation of facts and encouraging the grave injustice being perpetrated by the Trump Administration’s war on immigrants among many other issues,” Patricia McGuire wrote recently.

Because of the importance of alumni to fundraising, said Terry Hartle of the American Council on Education, “presidents tread very carefully. Losing the support of alumni is a very bad idea.”

But McGuire, the longtime president of the small women’s college in Northeast Washington, said she felt a moral imperative to speak out against the Trump administration — in particular for its policies on immigration and its lack of truthfulness — and Conway is not exempt from that.

Conway said by phone Friday she was surprised to find her alma mater’s social media feed full of partisan retweets and snarky comments. “It’s a disappointment to have the president of the university lift up other Trinity graduates who have a casual relationship with the truth,” she said, citing House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) as an example, “attack me, and never have the courtesy of calling or emailing me to ask what I meant on any given occasion.” McGuire had looked at her comments through the most negative lens possible, she said.

In a blog post, “On Lies and the Truths We Must Tell,” Maguire included some thoughts about Conway,

Some people admire her staunch advocacy for her client’s positions, and others applaud the fact that she was the first woman to manage a successful presidential campaign. But in fact, as is true of many of President Trump’s statements, her advocacy on his behalf is often at variance with the truth.

Ms. Conway invented the now-infamous phrase “alternative facts” to defend Trump’s claims about the size of crowds at his inauguration, a thinly-veiled autocratic scheme to try to claim that the Trump inauguration drew the biggest crowd in history when, in fact, it was on the smaller side. Ms. Conway has been part of a team that thinks nothing of shaping and spreading a skein of lies as a means to secure power. Perhaps the “Bowling Green Massacre” comment was truly a mistake, as she claims, but she repeated that canard on three different occasions as an explanation for why the travel ban, an executive order that clearly discriminates against Muslims, was necessary.

In the article, Kellyanne whines that she had given $50K to the university. I guess she thinks she can buy friends...

• Upvote 4

I'm amazed that the media has not yet (that I've seen) brought up Iraqi Information Minister (2001-2003) Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf, aka Baghdad Bob or Comical Ali. Both Kellyann and Sean clearly learned from him. One of his greatest moments was when he proclaimed that "There are no American troops in Baghdad!" while the Americans could be heard in the background (a contemporary report: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2003-04-07-iraq-information-minister_x.htm)

From that article:

"At U.S. Central Command in Qatar, spokesman Navy Capt. Frank Thorp says "one of the most powerful images" of the Iraq war so far was a TV split screen with Sahhaf on one side claiming there were no coalition forces in Baghdad, and on the other side, American tanks driving down the street. "At that point, I knew the war of words was over," Thorp says."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Saeed_al-Sahhaf

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, KZK said:

I'm amazed that the media has not yet (that I've seen) brought up Iraqi Information Minister (2001-2003) Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf, aka Baghdad Bob or Comical Ali. Both Kellyann and Sean clearly learned from him. One of his greatest moments was when he proclaimed that "There are no American troops in Baghdad!" while the Americans could be heard in the background (a contemporary report: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2003-04-07-iraq-information-minister_x.htm)

From that article:

"At U.S. Central Command in Qatar, spokesman Navy Capt. Frank Thorp says "one of the most powerful images" of the Iraq war so far was a TV split screen with Sahhaf on one side claiming there were no coalition forces in Baghdad, and on the other side, American tanks driving down the street. "At that point, I knew the war of words was over," Thorp says."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Saeed_al-Sahhaf

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

SNL needs to do a segment with Kelly Anne snowjob  talking about a bigly Trump spew rally and have Baldwin standing behind her with one supporter.

• Upvote 4

I can't emphasize this enough and I've mentioned it upthread.  Kellyanne Conway's sole purpose is to get in front of the camera and supply talking points for Trump's base. I think she's very good at doing that very thing, although she does currently appear close to physical collapse.  While we're hearing Kellyanne generate an unending line of alt-facts and outright lies (including pivots to Hillary, Benghazi, Obama or any other shiny thing), Trump fans seemingly have an unending appetite for bullshit.   

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 15

Kellyanne is making friends everywhere...."A university takes on one of its own, alumna Kellyanne Conway". There are lots of interesting Tweets and screen caps in the article, here are a few quotes:
The University of Pennsylvania’s president has no comment about one of the Ivy League school’s most famous alumni, President Trump. Virginia Tech’s president has no comment about one of its most famous alumni, White House chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon.
The president of Trinity Washington University, though, has had plenty to say about one of its graduates. “Presidential Counselor Kellyanne Conway, Trinity Class of 1989, has played a large role in facilitating the manipulation of facts and encouraging the grave injustice being perpetrated by the Trump Administration’s war on immigrants among many other issues,” Patricia McGuire wrote recently.

Because of the importance of alumni to fundraising, said Terry Hartle of the American Council on Education, “presidents tread very carefully. Losing the support of alumni is a very bad idea.”
But McGuire, the longtime president of the small women’s college in Northeast Washington, said she felt a moral imperative to speak out against the Trump administration — in particular for its policies on immigration and its lack of truthfulness — and Conway is not exempt from that.
Conway said by phone Friday she was surprised to find her alma mater’s social media feed full of partisan retweets and snarky comments. “It’s a disappointment to have the president of the university lift up other Trinity graduates who have a casual relationship with the truth,” she said, citing House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) as an example, “attack me, and never have the courtesy of calling or emailing me to ask what I meant on any given occasion.” McGuire had looked at her comments through the most negative lens possible, she said.

In a blog post, “On Lies and the Truths We Must Tell,” Maguire included some thoughts about Conway,
Some people admire her staunch advocacy for her client’s positions, and others applaud the fact that she was the first woman to manage a successful presidential campaign. But in fact, as is true of many of President Trump’s statements, her advocacy on his behalf is often at variance with the truth.
Ms. Conway invented the now-infamous phrase “alternative facts” to defend Trump’s claims about the size of crowds at his inauguration, a thinly-veiled autocratic scheme to try to claim that the Trump inauguration drew the biggest crowd in history when, in fact, it was on the smaller side. Ms. Conway has been part of a team that thinks nothing of shaping and spreading a skein of lies as a means to secure power. Perhaps the “Bowling Green Massacre” comment was truly a mistake, as she claims, but she repeated that canard on three different occasions as an explanation for why the travel ban, an executive order that clearly discriminates against Muslims, was necessary.
In the article, Kellyanne whines that she had given $50K to the university. I guess she thinks she can buy friends...

Reminds me of the rich donor parents that get really irritated when their precious children don't get in to their alma mater. "But legacy! But donation!"

Disgusting.
  • Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Howl said:

I can't emphasize this enough and I've mentioned it upthread.  Kellyanne Conway's sole purpose is to get in front of the camera and supply talking points for Trump's base. I think she's very good at doing that very thing, although she does currently appear close to physical collapse.  While we're hearing Kellyanne generate an unending line of alt-facts and outright lies (including pivots to Hillary, Benghazi, Obama or any other shiny thing), Trump fans seemingly have an unending appetite for bullshit.   

I so agree. It doesn't seem to matter how it's presented, but they are swallowing tons of shit every day and smiling.

• Upvote 8

Saw this one tonight and thought I'd share:

kellyanne_20170221.JPG

• Upvote 14

Saw this on FB:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/320668-white-house-barring-kellyanne-conway-from-tv-after-speaking-off

I agree with the author of the article that this is probably temporary, but glad we won't see her on TV for at least a little while. The woman is probably only opening her mouth to change feet.

• Upvote 5

58 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

This bitch... Feminism, "seems to be very anti-male and it certainly is very pro-abortion."

WHAT?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156128461551509&id=5550296508

Kellyanne, I noticed that you included yourself as part of the younger generation. *snorts* You and I are both way too damn old to be considered part of that generation, so please stop embarrassing yourself.

I've thought for quite a while that much of your self-esteem is derived from seeing yourself as a cute young thing, and it's time for you to grow the hell up and accept that you are a middle-aged woman. I've seen this movie before, and women who base their self-worth on men considering them attractive find the aging process particularly devastating, so you might want to work on that.

Secondly, I'm tired of your "good girl" bullshit of trying to make yourself non-threatening in the hope of gaining approval from the male chauvinists. It's annoying as hell. Sane people do not hate an entire gender. I don't enjoy spending time with jackasses, regardless of their gender identity.

Thirdly, we are pro-choice because we believe that women should be allowed to make their own choices about their fertility. That doesn't necessarily mean that we would make the same choices, just that we believe that the woman in question should always be the one who gets to decide.

• Upvote 18

5 hours ago, Childless said:

She obviously has no clue what the hell she's talking about.  Shocker.  :pb_rollseyes:

She should be home keeping house.  She needs to cover her damn self up.  Going on TV and defrauding all those men.  Go  woman!  Go home, shut up.

• Upvote 3

Why do people even say "pro-abortion"? Like, who's cheering for everyone to have an abortion? It's so extreme and ridiculous. 

• Upvote 12

A millenial?

Holy shit she's delusional.

I'm too old to be considered a millenial and I'm 12 years younger than she is. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

A millenial?

Holy shit she's delusional.

I'm too old to be considered a millenial and I'm 12 years younger than she is. 

yep, she's 50; only 3 years removed from the baby boomers.  

• Upvote 6

"Law professors file misconduct complaint against Kellyanne Conway"

A group of law professors from around the country has filed a professional misconduct complaint against White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, a graduate of George Washington University Law School who was admitted to the D.C. Bar in 1995.

The letter, filed with the office that handles misconduct by members of the D.C. Bar, said Conway should be sanctioned for violating government ethics rules and “conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit or misrepresentation,” the letter says.

The 15 professors, who specialize in legal ethics, cite several incidents, including a television interview in which Conway made the “false statement that President Barack Obama had ‘banned’ Iraqi refugees from coming into the United States for six months following the ‘Bowling Green Massacre,’ ” and the use of her position to endorse Ivanka Trump products.

“We do not file this complaint lightly,” the professors said in their filing. “We believe that, at one time, Ms. Conway, understood her ethical responsibilities as a lawyer and abided by them. But she is currently acting in a way that brings shame upon the legal profession.”

The letter was sent to the D.C. Office of Disciplinary Counsel, the chief prosecutor for disciplinary matters that involve active or inactive attorneys who are members of the D.C. Bar. Conway is listed as a D.C. Bar member under her maiden name, Kellyanne E. Fitzpatrick, but is a suspended member for not paying her dues, according to the disciplinary filing.

D.C. Disciplinary Counsel Wallace “Gene” Shipp Jr. said that his office receives about 1,500 complaints a year but investigates only between 400 to 500 of them. The actions that can be taken range from dismissal of the complaint to the prosecution of charges and possible disbarment, he said.

Abbe Smith, a Georgetown Law Center professor and director of the Criminal Defense and Prisoner Advocacy Clinic, said she has never filed such a complaint before and generally does not believe that lawyers should routinely face discipline under the broad rule they cited, which includes conduct outside the practice of law.

“But Ms. Conway’s conduct was so outside the norm for a member of the legal profession,” Smith said. “What prompted our complaint was a combination of the specific conduct that Ms. Conway engaged in plus the fact that she holds such a high public office.”

I hope they prosecute and disbar her. She deserves no less.

• Upvote 13

7 hours ago, catlady said:

yep, she's 50; only 3 years removed from the baby boomers.  

Oh, please.  I'm 42 and have never even entertained the notion that I'm a millenial.  She's a Gen Xer, just like me.  Stop embarrassing yourself Kellyanne.

• Upvote 12

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic