IGNORED

Alternative Facts with Kellyanne Conway

iweartanktops

2 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

It shit like this that I honestly wonder how this is going to be written in the history books, and how drunk do I have to be to explain this to my possible future children.

At least your kids don't exist yet.  I have to explain to mine why it's not ok to lie even though they just saw the president do it.  How can I say lying gets you nowhere, when it apparently gets you the top job in the land?  I'm half tempted to just tell them, go for it.  Lie away.  I guess it will get you far.

• Upvote 14

This is absolute perfection. An author by the name of Silberman just put up this tweet: 

When you click all the way through, it takes you to the ACLU donation page. This is magical. 

Then I saw this tweet: 

• Upvote 26

As I've been stewing more this morning about Kellyanne Conway, Spicer, and Trump, it feels like the whole country is being punked. Does anyone believe for a minute that, if this Bowling Green farce had really happened and the Obama administration had tried to cover it up that Fox News wouldn't have found out about it and made such a big stink it would have made Clinton's Benghazi story minor news? We know that Trump likes to pretend that he is the smartest one in the room, now I'm thinking he's just encouraging Conway and Spicer to make stuff up, to try to give Trump nation false memories and make him feel smart. It's almost like he and his minions are trying to see how dumb Trump nation is, by feeding them wilder and wilder lies. 

I did see some enterprising individual (or the government) has created a donation site for victims of the Bowling Green Massacre. 

• Upvote 11

As I've been stewing more this morning about Kellyanne Conway, Spicer, and Trump, it feels like the whole country is being punked. Does anyone believe for a minute that, if this Bowling Green farce had really happened and the Obama administration had tried to cover it up that Fox News wouldn't have found out about it and made such a big stink it would have made Clinton's Benghazi story minor news? We know that Trump likes to pretend that he is the smartest one in the room, now I'm thinking he's just encouraging Conway and Spicer to make stuff up, to try to give Trump nation false memories and make him feel smart. It's almost like he and his minions are trying to see how dumb Trump nation is, by feeding them wilder and wilder lies. 

I did see some enterprising individual (or the government) has created a donation site for victims of the Bowling Green Massacre. 

Did you click the donate button on that site?

If not, go do it now. You will be glad you did. I promise.
  • Upvote 1

Ahhhh, Steve Silberman -- brilliant! 

Der Spiegel, a German weekly with 840,000 readers in Europe, nailed it: 

Screenshot 2017-02-03 at 7.41.26 PM.png

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 14

21 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

So she's on twitter defending herself. She's basically saying those two men let dangerous refugees into our country which caused a theoretical massacre. :laughing-rolling:

Damn it. I would have paid good money to hear Spicer talk about that! 

Soooooo... basically she is arguing quantum physics and the multiple realities theory. For every action and decision, there is a reality in which it happened.

Confirmed: She thinks Stargate and Star Trek are factual events.

• Upvote 8

Kellyanne is trying to pick a fight with Chelsea Clinton on twitter: 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/chelsea-clinton-kellyanne-twitter_us_58954cb2e4b09bd304bb908e?8vp2fpy0am6pupiudi&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

“Very grateful no one seriously hurt in the Louvre attack ... or the (completely fake) Bowling Green Massacre. Please don’t make up attacks,” the daughter of Bill and Hillary Clinton tweeted.

This was Kellyanne's incredibly classy response: 

• Upvote 7

Oh, thank you, Onion: 

Fearful Americans Stockpiling Facts Before Federal Government Comes To Take Them Away

WASHINGTON—Alarmed at the prospect of unconstitutional overreach by the Trump administration, millions of fearful Americans have already begun stockpiling facts before the federal government comes to take them away, sources confirmed Friday. “I know my rights as an American, so you’d better believe I’m getting my hands on as many facts as possible and keeping them somewhere safe where this First Amendment–hating president of ours can’t snatch them all up,” said Pittsburgh resident David Edelman, 38, adding that he was worried that President Trump planned to not only suspend production of facts, but also seize existing ones, leaving Americans and their families completely defenseless.

The minute I saw Trump, I knew he was someone who didn’t grow up around facts or the kind of folks who use facts. Well, the founding fathers cherished my right to possess facts, and they’d be rolling in their graves if they knew the Feds were going to bust in and try to steal our facts in the middle of the night.” A spokesperson for the Trump administration dismissed such fears, saying that the president merely wanted to keep facts away from certain dangerous people.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 15

So I posted about the Bowling Green Massacre (OF COURSE I DID IT HILARIOUSLY) on Facebook, and my Trump-loving family member just has to comment with "Oh, she misspoke, and corrected it."

TeddyB: Sure, sure. Of course she's also had extensive experience speaking with the media and this wasn't exactly an unplanned event. You'd think she could have come up with an actual terrorism event perpetrated by a person from a country on the 'travel ban' list. 

*waits for her to acknowledge that there weren't any*

Trump-loving family member: We need to be tolerant, not looking for mistakes by people we don't agree with. People are afraid to defend people in public because another person is going to jump on them.

*in my head: :my_dodgy: do you want to get donations made to the DNC in your name? Because that's how you get donations made to the DNC in your name.*

TeddyB: Yep, tolerance sure is lacking. Which is why I'm so quick to defend innocent people seeking refuge in America. Fear mongering, even if it was accidental, does nothing to promote tolerance.

Trumper-lover: crickets.

• Upvote 16

9 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

So I posted about the Bowling Green Massacre (OF COURSE I DID IT HILARIOUSLY) on Facebook, and my Trump-loving family member just has to comment with "Oh, she misspoke, and corrected it."

TeddyB: Sure, sure. Of course she's also had extensive experience speaking with the media and this wasn't exactly an unplanned event. You'd think she could have come up with an actual terrorism event perpetrated by a person from a country on the 'travel ban' list. 

*waits for her to acknowledge that there weren't any*

Trump-loving family member: We need to be tolerant, not looking for mistakes by people we don't agree with. People are afraid to defend people in public because another person is going to jump on them.

*in my head: :my_dodgy: do you want to get donations made to the DNC in your name? Because that's how you get donations made to the DNC in your name.*

TeddyB: Yep, tolerance sure is lacking. Which is why I'm so quick to defend innocent people seeking refuge in America. Fear mongering, even if it was accidental, does nothing to promote tolerance.

Trumper-lover: crickets.

Gee, weren't the Conservatives the same people salivating every time someone in Obama's administration misspoke? Oh wait, they never did- they'd have been called lies by Fox News. My memory is not short- I can remember a friend regurgitating Fox news, complaining that the Obama administration was the most corrupt ever. This would be the top story on Fox news for at least a week, if a Democrat had said it. There's another alternative fact- If's a lie if said by someone in the Obama administration, misspoke if said by someone in the Trump administration. 

• Upvote 14

@Audrey2Oh, conservatives? Those Jesus-loving folks who have always respected the office of the Presidency, if not the person in that office?

Spoiler

not_my_president_oval_car_magnet.jpg

Or perhaps this?

www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-schaeffer/rush-limbaugh-answers-me_b_174210.html

I'm sure one of the 10 commandments said something about not lying.

*sorry about the supersize image.

• Upvote 3

My mom and I were talking about Kellyanne Conjob today. We came to the conclusion that Agent Orange has some dirt on her, and that's why she has stayed on, even though she swore she was done after the campaign and was going to go home to her family. She has looked worse and worse, I bet he is calling her at all hours with his rants. I could see him having dirt on basically everyone (except that cockroach Bannon). Of course, if that's the case, I have zero sympathy, you play with the devil, you're going to get singed. Maybe that's why she looks fried.

I saw this on Twitter...

kellyanne_joker.JPG

• Upvote 11

@GreyhoundFan: I agree, she does look fried. Everyone near Trump looks like crap, including Trump himself, who looks like a swirling tornado of dishevelment. Then there's Steve Bannon, who looks like he woke up in jail after a three-day bender. And Kellyanne Conway looks like she's disintegrating before our very eyes. 

My sister said that Kellyanne Conway looks like the babysitter of an unruly toddler who can't wait to hand him back to his parents. 

But then there are other times when I think she's playing this little game to see how much bullshit she can get away with and that she's loving every minute of it. 

It's probably a little of both. 

• Upvote 10

6 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

@GreyhoundFan: I agree, she does look fried. Everyone near Trump looks like crap, including Trump himself, who looks like a swirling tornado of dishevelment. Then there's Steve Bannon, who looks like he woke up in jail after a three-day bender. And Kellyanne Conway looks like she's disintegrating before our very eyes. 

My sister said that Kellyanne Conway looks like the babysitter of an unruly toddler who can't wait to hand him back to his parents. 

But then there are other times when I think she's playing this little game to see how much bullshit she can get away with and that she's loving every minute of it. 

It's probably a little of both. 

One of the other things mom and I talked about is that Agent Orange probably has high blood pressure. I don't wish medical issues on anyone, but I can see him having a stroke. He is not the type to take medications religiously (since he knows better than doctors, I'm sure) and his diet is not exactly healthy. He's also at major risk for diabetes -- borderline obese, poor diet, little sleep, stress, etc.

Bannon always looks hungover, like you wrote. He's such a cockroach that he'd probably survive a nuclear bomb. I read somewhere that Ivanka's husband, who was already painfully thin, has lost a significant amount of weight. Well, you run around with toxic people, you get poisoned.

• Upvote 9

Poor Kellyanne (sarcasm): "‘I misspoke one word’: Kellyanne Conway calls her critics ‘haters’ after Bowling Green fiasco"

Kellyanne Conway wishes her critics would let the “Bowling Green massacre” thing go.

Chelsea Clinton, in particular, it seems.

“I misspoke one word,” President Trump's campaign manager-turned-presidential adviser told Fox News's Howard Kurtz, according to a preview of a yet-to-air interview. “The corrections in the newspapers that are attacking me are three paragraphs long every day.”

Conway endured a day of mockery after she defended Trump's refugee ban to MSNBC's Chris Matthews by raising the specter of “the Bowling Green massacre.”

“Most people don't know that because it didn't get covered,” Conway told Matthews. There was no massacre at Bowling Green. Conway's comment instantly inspired memes.

The next morning, in a tweet, Conway said she had been referring to two Iraqi citizens from Bowling Green, Ky., who had been convicted of trying to send weapons and money to al-Qaeda.

Her correction came too late for the world.

“I clarified immediately. I should have said terrorists and not massacre,” Conway told Kurtz. “I’m sure it will live on for a week.”

The gaffe might seem ironic for Conway, who — like other White House aides and Trump himself — have attacked reporters at length over mistakes.

A Time reporter's erroneous claim that Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King Jr. from the Oval Office — a tweet that he quickly deleted and apologized for — became a focus of Trump's first speech after Inauguration Day and his press secretary's first briefing.

The White House was still hammering the mistake days later, when Conway interjected Time's “falsehood” into an interview with Chuck Todd on NBC.

“It was corrected immediately,” Todd noted.

“But why, Chuck? Why was it said?” Conway replied — then brought the mistake up four more times before she let Todd complete a sentence.

Conway's did not exactly sound chastened in Fox's preview of her interview, which will air Sunday.

She called some of her critics “haters,” Kurtz wrote, without specifying which ones.

Much of the Bowling Green massacre mockery, in fact, has been issued from Bowling Green itself — where the Associated Press reported a pizza has been named after Conway's mistake.

“My sense of things is that we are today a city of people walking around and looking at their phones and giggling softly to ourselves,” one resident told the outlet.

Conway didn't mention that in her interview — or at least not in the small portion Kurtz has revealed. But the adviser did take umbrage with a tweet by former president Bill Clinton's daughter, Chelsea Clinton.

“She should leave me out of it,” Conway said.

There are some good Tweets in the article.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Kellyanne does look pretty fried and shriveled up. She reminds me of those disney villainesses, specifically Yzma. 

Steve Bannon is crusty as fuck too. 

Actually pretty much all of Trump and co are crusty, mediocre, white men fuckboys. 

But I love this alternative facts business. Looking forward to hearing more alternative facts in the future!

Edited by ShepherdontheRock
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

Yeah, Kellyanne does look pretty fried and shriveled up. She reminds me of those disney villainesses, specifically Yzma. 

Ask and ye shall receive!

Spoiler

yzma.jpg

• Upvote 4

Every weekend, the WaPo does a "Worst Week in Washington". Kellyanne Conjob is this week's unlucky recipient.

It all started innocently enough.

Kellyanne Conway, a senior adviser to President Trump and, for many Americans, the face and voice of the administration, was making the case for her boss's controversial travel ban to MSNBC's Chris Matthews. Here's what she said:

I bet it’s brand new information to people that President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized and were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre....Most people don’t know that because it didn’t get covered.

The reason the Bowling Green massacre didn't get covered, of course, was because, well, there is no such thing.  Bowling Green, Kentucky has never been home to a terrorist attack.

What Conway was referring to was the arrest of two men in Bowling Green in 2011 on federal terrorism charges after one of the men's fingerprints had been traced to a roadside bomb detonated in Iraq in 2005.

Within relatively short order, Conway admitted her error -- tweeting that she meant to say "Bowling Green terrorists" rather than "Bowling Green massacre."

Fair enough.

The problem for Conway was/is:

1. The Internet exists

2. "Alternative facts"

Conway made that second phrase famous last month when she used it to explain why President Trump and White House press secretary Sean Spicer were suggesting attendance numbers at the inauguration that simply didn't jibe with, you know, the actual facts.

Because Conway is so closely associated with "alternative facts" and because she is so high profile, the Internet teed off on the idea of the non-existent Bowling Green massacre. Roughly one billion sarcastic tweets (NOTE: This is an estimate) were launched in the 24 hours after Conway uttered the phrase.

Conway, in keeping with the "let no attack go unanswered" philosophy of Trumpworld, hit back.  She referred to those mocking her as "haters" in an interview with Fox News Channel's Howard Kurtz, noting: “I misspoke one word. The corrections in the newspapers that are attacking me are three paragraphs long every day.”

I was actually (mostly) with Conway until the Kurtz interview. Anyone who talks on TV a lot knows that sometimes you misspeak. All you can do is say "Yeah, I screwed up. It was an honest mistake."

But to allege that your mistake was somehow less substantial than the mistakes reporters make and that people pointing out your mistake are "haters" feels a little -- or a lot -- much.

Kellyanne Conway, for watching "alternative facts" boomerang back at you, you had the Worst Week in Washington. Congrats, or something.

I love the "memorial sign" that is shown in the article.

• Upvote 3

Alternative Facts=

1) Shading the truth in your direction

2) Discounting anything that doesn't fit your version

3) Outright lies

Isn't that a great basis from which a White House  spokesperson speaks to the world?

• Upvote 5

On 2/3/2017 at 2:54 PM, RoseWilder said:

This is absolute perfection. An author by the name of Silberman just put up this tweet: 

When you click all the way through, it takes you to the ACLU donation page. This is magical. 

Then I saw this tweet: 

I'm quoting myself right now because I'm really confused about this post of mine. When I'm just scrolling through the thread, Kellyanne Conway's tweet shows up as the top tweet. But that's not the tweet I put up. And I when I go to quote myself, it shows the original tweet I did put up. What the heck is going on? I'm so confused. 

45 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

I'm quoting myself right now because I'm really confused about this post of mine. When I'm just scrolling through the thread, Kellyanne Conway's tweet shows up as the top tweet. But that's not the tweet I put up. And I when I go to quote myself, it shows the original tweet I did put up. What the heck is going on? I'm so confused. 

Have you tried hitting refresh? Sometimes I'll see a post on here where someone posted a video, or something from Twitter, but in its place, I will see an ad for Amazon ( I'm on my Kindle), or a video or tweet from earlier in the thread. If I refresh, everything appears as it should. 

So, you are not losing your marbles unless we are both sharing the same hallucination. :pb_lol:

Edited by Cartmann99
Clarity

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic