IGNORED

Alternative Facts with Kellyanne Conway

iweartanktops

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Have you tried hitting refresh? Sometimes I'll see a post on here where someone posted a video, or something from Twitter, but in its place, I will see an ad for Amazon ( I'm on my Kindle), or a video or tweet from earlier in the thread. If I refresh, everything appears as it should. 

So, you are not losing your marbles unless we are both sharing the same hallucination. :pb_lol:

Okay - thanks. That makes me feel better. 

• Upvote 1

"Kellyanne Conway’s ‘Bowling Green massacre’ wasn’t a slip of the tongue. She has said it before."

Kellyanne Conway thinks she took too much flak for citing a nonexistent “Bowling Green massacre” to justify President Trump's travel ban. She said she simply meant to say “Bowling Green terrorists,” and she later said, “I misspoke one word.”

Except now she doesn't appear to have misspoken at all; she seems to have believed that the Bowling Green massacre was a real thing.

How do we know? Because she cited the same nonexistent attack in separate interviews with two other outlets — Cosmopolitan magazine and TMz.

While discussing why former president Barack Obama halted refugees from Iraq in 2011, Conway explained to Cosmo on Jan. 29: “He did that because two Iraqi nationals came to this country, joined ISIS, traveled back to the Middle East to get trained and refine their terrorism skills and come back here, and were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre of taking innocent soldiers' lives away.”

And she echoed those comments when interviewed by TMZ that same day, as the Daily Beast pointed out Monday afternoon.

“He did that because, I assume, there were two Iraqis who came here, got radicalized, joined ISIS, and then were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green attack on our brave soldiers,” she said.

Conway's version of events here is a mess. The FBI has said the two men “admitted using improvised explosive devices (IEDs) against U.S. soldiers in Iraq and … attempted to send weapons and money to al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) for the purpose of killing U.S. soldiers.” The FBI did not say the two men traveled back to the Middle East to train for an attack. And there was no attack on U.S. soil.

Conway's initial quote last week about Bowling Green — with MSNBC's Chris Matthews — was that the Iraqis were the “masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre.” And it seemed plausible that she meant the men were the “masterminds” of the actual plot, which was to send weapons to al-Qaeda in Iraq.

But “masterminds” is also a word that generally connotes a complex terrorist act. And now we have these new quotes showing Conway believed this “Bowling Green massacre” involved overseas training and “taking innocent soldiers' lives away” in Bowling Green, Ky.

Trump supporters will dismiss this as quibbling, given that the men did target U.S. soldiers in Iraq. But Trump's travel ban is aimed at preventing domestic terrorism, of which Bowling Green isn't an example. Yet Conway cited it three times as justification and seemed to believe a massacre occurred there.

And it all goes back to a point I made last week about what this says about the White House's messaging operation. A week after Trump's travel ban was instituted, Conway still didn't seem to have her talking points down:

Perhaps it could be excused as a slip of the tongue. But in context, it's just more evidence of a White House messaging operation that doesn't have its shoes on the right feet. Time and again in the last two weeks, Trump's top messengers have gotten their facts wrong, mixed their messages and struggled to defend their boss. There simply doesn't seem to be any plan.

Add this one to the list.

Update: Relatedly, CNN's “State of the Union” now says it declined Conway as a guest for Sunday's show. It didn't say why, but the New York Times' Jim Rutenberg says CNN told him it had “serious questions about her credibility,” and some media watchdogs have been calling on cable news to stop booking Conway for that same reason.

Conway had said she was not available for the Sunday show, but CNN disputes that.

Kellyanne wrote that she wasn't on CNN this weekend because of family. I think she needs to go spend 100% of her time with her family and stay off TV.

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Kellyanne Conway’s ‘Bowling Green massacre’ wasn’t a slip of the tongue. She has said it before."

Kellyanne wrote that she wasn't on CNN this weekend because of family. I think she needs to go spend 100% of her time with her family and stay off TV.

Oh the whole "spend more time with my family" routine. Who the hell buys that anymore? Maybe just maybe the ebil media has finally caught on and will stop giving her a platform to lie?  Shit stain will just pick another spokes liar, and that one will be proved wrong.. and so on and so on. Next up Sean Spicer.. 

• Upvote 3

She is literal trash. I just really hope at this rate that other news channels will stop broadcasting her cause these lies.

• Upvote 7

I think this is my favorite Randy Rainbow video yet.

• Upvote 5

I'm watching her on CNN right now. She is just DUMB. She doesn't even know what she's talking about with this "media doesn't cover terrorism," shit. 

She's talking about stories not being well researched. KELLYANNE CONWAY is saying this! I'm done. I can't. 

• Upvote 9

19 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

I'm watching her on CNN right now. She is just DUMB. She doesn't even know what she's talking about with this "media doesn't cover terrorism," shit. 

She's talking about stories not being well researched. KELLYANNE CONWAY is saying this! I'm done. I can't. 

I wish CNN would have followed through and not let her back on air.

• Upvote 10

Every time I see Kellyanne CONway, I don't think I could despise her anymore, but I do, at the same time that I'm in awe at her ability to stay on topic with maniacal, unswerving focus and she never, ever stops talking.  Today on Jake Tapper she offered an "olive branch" (her words), by admitting she made one teeny tiny itty bitty little mistake (obviously the Bowling Green Massacre, but she wouldn't say it), so CNN should be much, much, much, much, much, much nicer to Trump, improve the accuracy of their reporting(!) plus (basically) report stuff that doesn't make Trump look bad.  Each time an interviewer makes a point, she turns and feints in a nanosecond, with a "Well, what about blah, blah...."  I fear that one day she won't be able to turn it off, and will end up in a straight jacket, endlessly babbling Trumpsplain and spinning, spinning, spinning.

• Upvote 14

She's now doing commercials for Ivanka:

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/go-buy-ivankas-stuff-kellyanne-conway-gives-presidents-daughter-free-commercial-on-fox/

Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway used her platform on Thursday to encourage Fox News viewers to buy products from the clothing line run by the president’s daughter.

Speaking from the White House briefing room during an appearance on Fox & Friends, Conway encouraged viewers to “go buy Ivanka’s stuff” to show their support for the president.

• Upvote 5

49 minutes ago, Dark Matters said:

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/go-buy-ivankas-stuff-kellyanne-conway-gives-presidents-daughter-free-commercial-on-fox/

Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway used her platform on Thursday to encourage Fox News viewers to buy products from the clothing line run by the president’s daughter.

Speaking from the White House briefing room during an appearance on Fox & Friends, Conway encouraged viewers to “go buy Ivanka’s stuff” to show their support for the president.

Worrying about keeping that job, Kellyanne?

• Upvote 5

Most people can't afford Ivanka's stuff so maybe Kellyanne can go buy it all.

Omg I just googled Ivanka's clothing line and the first thing that came up was Dog Clothing on Sale (Baxterboo.com)

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Dark Matters said:

Why do I keep expecting the Trumps to erect a ginormous electronic marquee on top of the White House?

Tacky-ass grifters :angry-cussingblack:

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Dark Matters said:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/09/news/kellyanne-conway-ivanka-brand/index.html

Richard Painter, who served as chief ethics lawyer in the George W. Bush administration, said he would not address whether any White House official was violating the law.

But he said public officials, when giving public speeches or TV interviews in an official capacity, may not promote the products of "a particular private business belonging to the employee's own family, the President's family, a friend, a campaign contributor or anyone else."

"That was strictly forbidden in the Bush administration because it is illegal," he said.

• Upvote 9

And Congress will continue to roll over and play dead while this administration ignores ethics and law. Trump will be installing that neon sign on top of the WH and Ivanka will be having a trunk show on the front lawn and McConnell and company will explain that they have more important things to focus on. 

At least it isn't confusing email stuff, after all. Or a decades old land deal gone bad. Or cheating with an intern. Or once attending an event with a former member of the Weather Underground (something I have also done, btw). That is the kind of stuff we have to worry about compromising the integrity of the presidency. Disregarding law and basic ethics? Eh, no biggie. 

• Upvote 9

43 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Tacky-ass grifters

Seriously, how can this sort of promotion be going on in America's national government?  Oh, Trump...Conway...never mind.  When I first read about this, I thought of Jill Rodrigues and her Plexus promotions.  Kellyanne is probably Jill's hero now.

There have been so many horrible things going on it's hard to keep track, but I recall that the ethics component of the government was among the first to be dismantled.  So embarrassing.  :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Saw on Twitter where someone had taken a still from QVC, and put Kellyanne Conway in place of the QVC host.

Since we are

090926-hell-in-a-handbasket.jpg

The Trump family should just go ahead and launch the Sleazy Harebrained Insufferable Trump Sales network, so they can more easily peddle their wares. SHITS can showcase a variety of Trump products unprofessionally presented by a rotating cast of Trump sycophants, interspersed with clips of Trump babbling about God knows what, and announcements of his "Tweet of the Hour".

I predict it would be extremely popular with Fox News fans and coma patients.

• Upvote 15

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

At least it isn't confusing email stuff, after all. Or a decades old land deal gone bad. Or cheating with an intern. Or once attending an event with a former member of the Weather Underground (something I have also done, btw). That is the kind of stuff we have to worry about compromising the integrity of the presidency. Disregarding law and basic ethics? Eh, no biggie bigly.

There, fixed that for you! 

• Upvote 8

"White House says Conway has been ‘counseled’ after touting Ivanka Trump’s products"

President Trump’s official counselor, Kellyanne Conway, was “counseled” after she told TV audiences to “go buy Ivanka’s stuff,” the White House said Thursday.

Legal experts said Conway had broken a key ethics law banning federal employees from using their public office to endorse products. White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Thursday that Conway “has been counseled,” but offered no other comment.

Conway, speaking to “Fox & Friends” viewers from the White House briefing room, was responding to boycotts of Ivanka Trump merchandise and Nordstrom’s discontinuation of stocking her clothing and shoe lines, which the retailer said was in response to low sales and which the president assailed as unfair.

“I’m going to give it a free commercial here,” Conway said of the president’s daughter’s merchandise brand. “Go buy it today.”

Conway and officials from the Office of Government Ethics did not respond to requests for comment Thursday.

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), chairman of the House Oversight Committee, said Conway’s endorsement was ”clearly over the line” and “unacceptable.”

Earlier in the day, the committee’s ranking Democrat, Rep. Elijah E. Cummings (Md.), had urged Chaffetz to support a review into what he called “a textbook violation of government ethics laws.”

Several attorneys, including former heads of federal agencies, said Conway’s endorsement directly conflicted with OGE rules designed to separate government policy from private business dealings.

“I don’t see what their defense is,” said Campaign Legal Center general counsel Lawrence Noble, who is also former counsel for the Federal Election Commission. “She did this on television. She was very clear it was advertising. Hopefully at the very least they will acknowledge this is wrong.”

Don W. Fox, former general counsel and former acting director of OGE, told The Washington Post that “Conway’s encouragement to buy Ivanka’s stuff would seem to be a clear violation of rules prohibiting misuse of public office for anyone’s private gain.”

He added: “This is jaw-dropping to me. This rule has been promulgated by the federal Office of Government Ethics as part of the Standards of Conduct for all executive branch employees and it applies to all members of the armed forces as well.”

Attorneys said a typical executive-branch employee who violated the rule could face significant disciplinary action, including a multi-day suspension and loss of pay.

Enforcement measures are largely left to the head of the federal agency — in Conway’s case, the White House.

Federal law states the director of OGE can advise the White House and Conway of the violation, conduct its own investigation and recommend that they consider disciplinary action.

But OGE’s recommendations are non-binding, and the ultimate decision resides with the White House.

Conway’s endorsement comes as the Trump administration faces growing scrutiny over whether it is taking fears of conflicts of interest seriously.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington executive director Noah Bookbinder called Conway’s endorsement “just another example of what looks like a disturbing pattern of this administration acting to benefit the businesses of the president’s family and supporters.”

The president took to Twitter on Wednesday to lash out at Nordstrom for dropping Ivanka Trump’s line, saying his daughter had “been treated so unfairly” by the store.

Said Peter Schweizer, who has worked closely with Trump aide Stephen K. Bannon and wrote the book “Clinton Cash,” which was critical of donations to the Clinton Foundation: “They’ve crossed a very, very important bright line, and it’s not good. To encourage Americans to buy goods from companies owned by the first family is totally out of bounds and needs to stop.

“Clearly, the Trumps feel some of this is related to politics. But whether that’s true or not, these marketing battles need to be fought by Ivanka and her company. They cannot and should not be fought by government employees and the White House,” Schweizer said. “It’s time to move beyond the mind-set and the role of a businessman and assume the mantle of commander of chief.”

Conway’s endorsement of the Ivanka business also highlights an awkward reality for a White House threatening U.S. companies seeking to move jobs or operations overseas. Nearly all of Ivanka-brand merchandise is manufactured in low-cost-labor countries, including China, Indonesia, and Vietnam.

Trump critics quickly seized on the endorsement. Robert Weissman, president of liberal advocacy group Public Citizen, said in a statement, “Conway’s self-proclaimed advertisement for the Ivanka Trump fashion line demonstrates again what anyone with common sense already knew: President Trump and the Trump administration will use the government apparatus to advance the interests of the family businesses.”

Trump last month tweeted his own support for another retailer, L. L. Bean, saying, “People will support you even more now. Buy L.L.Bean.” A company board member, Linda Bean, donated money to a pro-Trump super PAC. Lawyers said the federal ban on endorsements specifically exempts the president and vice president.

See, this is what happens when you have a bunch of idiots who have never served in a government position try to take over. They don't know the rules or the laws. They don't understand that government is not the same as a business.

I'd be thrilled if they "counseled" her right out of the White House.

• Upvote 13

11 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"White House says Conway has been ‘counseled’ after touting Ivanka Trump’s products"

See, this is what happens when you have a bunch of idiots who have never served in a government position try to take over. They don't know the rules or the laws. They don't understand that government is not the same as a business.

I'd be thrilled if they "counseled" her right out of the White House.

Yeah, you know someone fucked up when Jason Chapped Ass is whining;

Linky, linky

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), chairman of the House Oversight Committee, said Conway’s endorsement was ”clearly over the line” and “unacceptable.”

• Upvote 10

Oh my... seems Conjob's spruiking actions broke the government ethics agency!

https://www.indy100.com/article/kellyanne-conway-s-promotion-broke-office-government-ethics-donald-trump-7572696

It looks like Kellyanne Conway’s 'free commercial' for Ivanka Trump’s clothing line on Fox & Friends has caused a bit of mayhem.

The website of the US government’s ethics watchdog has been down due to a surge of traffic.

The department tweeted that the website, along with the phone and email system were down, due to 'recent events'.

• Upvote 8

On 2/3/2017 at 7:41 AM, Audrey2 said:

There's also Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio. It's south of Toledo, and in the same athletic conference as Kent State, which really did have a political shooting in 1970 which is known as the Kent State Massacre. 

That would be the massacre Donald Trump recalled so fondly when he said of a protester at one of his rallies, "I love the old days. You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They'd be carried out on a stretcher, folks"

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2017 at 8:27 AM, TeddyBonkers said:

Ask and ye shall receive!

Reveal hidden contents

yzma.jpg

Nope. Those nails look too good to be Kellyanne's. Which raises the question: Do her nails look as bad as they do because she's taken over responsibility for the White House vegetable garden but Michelle stole all the official garden tools and the gloves leaving KellyAnne to scrabble at the frozen ground with her bare hands? Or is that just the crusted blood of her enemies under her fingernails?

920x920.jpg

• Upvote 3

She is the Queen of Bullshit-Here is my other issue with Ivanka Trump's clothing, shoes etc they are made in CHINA. What about America First? Shouldn't she be opening factories in USA to bring jobs back to America to support Daddy? By the way her stuff is cheap and does not fit a normal person, shoes are uncomfortable plus they are just another celebrity product. 

• Upvote 11

Actually, I had a pair of Ivanka's shoes which I loved. They were one of the few pairs of heels I own that stayed on my feet and were comfortable to walk in. I fully admit I have abnormal feet though! :pb_lol:

I was sad for a whole minute when I threw them in the trash after the election.

• Upvote 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic