IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and Santa- Part 22

samurai_sarah

9 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

But other than testing and monitoring...is there anything that you, your doctors, etc. could do that early in a pregnancy that would help the baby? I know for some conditions later on in pregnancy, surgeries and things can actually be performed on the baby before it's born. But THAT early in a pregnancy...with things that could be seen on an NT, is there truly any difference in care besides additional screening? I am 99.99999% sure I am done having children. But I am still interested in these types of things. I was just reading about NT scans and it still seems like they aren't very definitive. And they don't really alter care or whatever like when something severe is caught on the 20 week ultrasound.

I guess the thing is that if my first scan was at 20 weeks they would have missed the signs that they needed to watch him closer.  My 20  week scans were fine, but my 24 week scan showed some stuff that worried them and they have altered my medication and added some stuff to my diet to try and help him out.  Without the NT scan, there wouldnt have been a 24 week scan.  I saw the OB on monday and my measurements are OK, but we wont know how the baby is until my scan on the 30th.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad often got his 4 kids' names mixed up. He would run down the list of names, usually with a pet name or two included, then point at the child he meant. Oddly, he could always remember my sister's nickname (Pete) and my nickname (George) if he used them instead of our real names. :confusion-confused:

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The thing is, she probably had heath insurance through Dumb during Izzy's birth. Now they probably don't because I doubt they'd purchase Obamacare (because GASP! OBAMA!)

Agreed. Also someone correct me if I'm off base, but don't they believe they shouldn't participate in any socialized program at all because relying on the government is ebil?

This has probably been mentioned already, but they are not out of the zika danger zone yet. If the man has been to a zika area it is recommended a six (my auto correct tried to correct six to sin :p) month wait before getting pregnant if possible, to minimize the risk of the virus being sexually transmitted. 

So I hope they have at least done the blood work! 

Hopefully Jill and Derick had their ducks in a row before trying for their second baby, but something tells me they didn't keep Zika on their minds the whole time.

I just watched the video of them with JB and Michelle and y'all are so right about how weird these clips are. It was difficult to watch Derick so checked out. Maybe he's sick of their current situation or just tired.

10 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

RE: the woman standing while the man is sitting photographs. This is a common pose for 19th century pictures of couples. According to my mother it's because "the man is too tired to stand up and the woman is too sore to sit down." :pb_lol:

:pb_lol: perfect fit for the fundies then...

(I just snorted earl grey out my nose...)

With the sheer number of Duggars, if they all attempt home birthing, especially with no or a bad midwife, we are going to have a tragedy one of these days.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I guess the thing is that if my first scan was at 20 weeks they would have missed the signs that they needed to watch him closer.  My 20  week scans were fine, but my 24 week scan showed some stuff that worried them and they have altered my medication and added some stuff to my diet to try and help him out.  Without the NT scan, there wouldnt have been a 24 week scan.  I saw the OB on monday and my measurements are OK, but we wont know how the baby is until my scan on the 30th.

That's got to be nerve-wracking, @Buzzard.  I'm sending good thoughts your way, too. 

4 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

With the sheer number of Duggars, if they all attempt home birthing, especially with no or a bad midwife, we are going to have a tragedy one of these days.

I'm afraid of this as well :my_sad:  could have happened already with both Jill and Jessa...

Just now, goldengrove said:

I'm afraid of this as well :my_sad:  could have happened already with both Jill and Jessa...

Both those girls already had it as bad as it could have been without losing their lives or the life of their child. And it's sad because that should have convinced them to make changes. Instead it seems like it just made them dig in deeper. We'll see how these next two births go.

Remembering kids' names...I'd look at my tribe and just run down the list. A, T, J, S, D then the critters' names. For the life of me I couldn't remember the right name at that moment in time. Later on I just confused the boys...which is funny because one is tall and the other is short...but I will look at them and call them the wrong name. Its just a mom thing.

15 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Both those girls already had it as bad as it could have been without losing their lives or the life of their child. And it's sad because that should have convinced them to make changes. Instead it seems like it just made them dig in deeper. We'll see how these next two births go.

Yeah, we shall see...here's hoping that they are make smarter decisions this time, and get some real prenatal care, and that birthing is easier for both of them, now that they've each had a child...I keep remembering poor Jana, standing on the porch, watching that ambulance drive off with Jessa :( I got the feeling that she above all knew what could have happened that night...

I don't even want to think about any of them losing a baby, or delivering a child with significant birth defects that could have been prevented...guess we all can guess what they would say about something like this happening *sigh*

9 hours ago, BoPeep said:

I think Jill is further along than they are saying....she looked pregnant in some of the pics prior to Jinger's wedding. I remember one where she was sitting....possibly at a shower?....I can't remember, but she had a definite bump.  

Jill started to show really fast the last time. And people tend to show even sooner the second time. Plus she wears baggy, shapeless, frumpy clothes. So I find it believable that she's not very far along. 

5 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Jill started to show really fast the last time. And people tend to show even sooner the second time. Plus she wears baggy, shapeless, frumpy clothes. So I find it believable that she's not very far along. 

All true...I began to wonder when they came back to the states, she looked thicker around the middle to me then, but most of us do change physically somehow after our first baby...for me, it was that my left breast ended up larger than the right, from not switching my daughter over enough (I was a busy girl, needed my right hand :P)

My husband and I aborted our first pregnancy two weeks ago (hence the hiatus.) We always wanted to have a child together someday, but this pregnancy was 100% mistimed; we were hoping to wait three more years, at least,but it just happened. I tried to stay pregnant, because I do want children, but it became apparent to me after only two weeks that I do not have the discipline or emotional resiliance to stay sober for a pregnancy. I caved and smoked pot at every appearance of morning sickness, and could not give up my two energy drink a day habit, either. I know pot isn't toxic, but the research on how it impacts fetal development is still limited, so it would have been a selfish risk to take on my part. I decided our future child deserved a mentally healthy mother, with the discipline to stay physically healthy/sober for him or her. So...we ended the pregnancy; I start DBT to deal with my issues next week.

My point in sharing all of that is that its so weird to come back and see that Jilly Muffin is pregnant, and will be due the same month my baby would have been, probably the same week too, because I would be 8 weeks now if I were still pregnant. Part of me is a little sad, full of "what ifs", but another part of me will be smoking a bowl, looking at her belly in the tabloids, and thinking to myself, "Thank goodness it isn't me who's 6 months pregnant right now." (No disrespect intended towards anyone who is happily expecting right now :my_smile:) Derrick is an asshole. Pregnancy is HARD, and Derrick will never, ever know how hard. He can go play tag in oncoming traffic!

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

It can.  My baby had a septated cystic hygroma at his NT scan.  It resolved by 18 weeks (as cystic hygromas tend to do).  The underlying cause is still unknown, and we were lucky that he has come back clean on all his genetic and structural testing, but that is very rare.  Even with everything looking OK I'm still "high risk" and they've done a lot of intervention to ensure that he has every chance of a healthy pregnancy and live birth.  We still have frequent appointments and scans to watch him so they can intervene if necessary. 

@Buzzard, I'm sure all this has been very scary and stressful for you.

I send you all best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy and the birth of your healthy baby boy.

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Thanks for explaining it. That makes a lot of sense to me. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you...especially on the 30th. :)

A few things.  Flagellate me as needed.

I think Micelle looks remarkably good.  2 years ago, I had a tummy tuck and it was kind of hard!  I have 4 children, all singletons.  Only the last was a c-section. so I am at at 25% c-section rate.  Michelle is much closer to the US average of 20 ish percent.  Anyway, I think her body is holding up well.  

I was BFF with the toilet every time I was going to have a baby.  With the girls I was sick every day.  Every day.  With the boys I was sick every day until 13 weeks.  With the last boy I was about to have a miscarriage on top of all that until we reached 13 weeks.  He is now 8 years old and we are trying to gain weight for him.

43 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

My husband and I aborted our first pregnancy two weeks ago (hence the hiatus.) We always wanted to have a child together someday, but this pregnancy was 100% mistimed; we were hoping to wait three more years, at least,but it just happened. I tried to stay pregnant, because I do want children, but it became apparent to me after only two weeks that I do not have the discipline or emotional resiliance to stay sober for a pregnancy. I caved and smoked pot at every appearance of morning sickness, and could not give up my two energy drink a day habit, either. I know pot isn't toxic, but the research on how it impacts fetal development is still limited, so it would have been a selfish risk to take on my part. I decided our future child deserved a mentally healthy mother, with the discipline to stay physically healthy/sober for him or her. So...we ended the pregnancy; I start DBT to deal with my issues next week.

My point in sharing all of that is that its so weird to come back and see that Jilly Muffin is pregnant, and will be due the same month my baby would have been, probably the same week too, because I would be 8 weeks now if I were still pregnant. Part of me is a little sad, full of "what ifs", but another part of me will be smoking a bowl, looking at her belly in the tabloids, and thinking to myself, "Thank goodness it isn't me who's 6 months pregnant right now." (No disrespect intended towards anyone who is happily expecting right now :my_smile:) Derrick is an asshole. Pregnancy is HARD, and Derrick will never, ever know how hard. He can go play tag in oncoming traffic!

2 of my 4 are July babies.  Thank you for sharing, I am sorry for your loss.

I made the mistake of reading Dericks tweets or twats; whatever the hell they are called.  For a while I was entertained at how intense the backlash was.  People didn't hold back.  Then I decided to scroll back maybe a month or two and there is VERY much a noticeable  difference in both tone and choice of information.  Something has happened in his life.  It's almost like watching a road map with an abrupt turn.  I don't in anyway agree with his lifestyle or need to infringe his beliefs on others but I do hope someone who cares about him intervenes and gets him the medical, physical or psychological help he needs.   It stopped being entertaining to me when the change was so blatant.  Surely if we, perfect strangers notice this his loved ones should right?  

6 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

I made the mistake of reading Dericks tweets or twats; whatever the hell they are called.  

Thank you for giving me such a good laugh. I read a lot of women's fiction by British authors, so loved the part where you referred to Derrick's tweets as twats!

If there were some medical reason Derrick has become more of a twat (British usage, obnoxious or stupid, but could also be American vulgar slang for the lady bits), I wish it were possible for him to get help. Not Jesus jail help, as Josh had, but real help. Sadly, I know this won't happen.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived