IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and Santa- Part 22

samurai_sarah

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, goldengrove said:

Yeah, we shall see...here's hoping that they are make smarter decisions this time, and get some real prenatal care, and that birthing is easier for both of them, now that they've each had a child...I keep remembering poor Jana, standing on the porch, watching that ambulance drive off with Jessa :( I got the feeling that she above all knew what could have happened that night...

I don't even want to think about any of them losing a baby, or delivering a child with significant birth defects that could have been prevented...guess we all can guess what they would say about something like this happening *sigh*

I especially don't want them to lose a baby, since as we see from Zsu and even from Michelle, the disbelief in therapy/counseling means that a woman who loses a baby has to basically suck it up, make/carry/birth/care for a replacement chop-chop, keep caring for the surviving children, and only bring up their dead baby when it's time to make a point about abortion or to reinforce the inadequacy of the replacement child.

I've said it before; it'll probably take somebody ending up dead before they change the way they do prenatal care and birthing. I certainly don't want anyone to die but some people don't learn unless it involves a money or death/near death.

No it won't. It has been ingrained into their heads that dying in childbirth makes them a martyr. Miscarriage and stillbirth means they are guilty of some kind sin. They will never admit to any of this publicly.

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

No it won't. It has been ingrained into their heads that dying in childbirth makes them a martyr. Miscarriage and stillbirth means they are guilty of some kind sin. They will never admit to any of this publicly.

Also, I'm sure that in the back of his giant Lego head, Jim Bob thinks that a death would make for a great Very Special Episode. Just looking at how they exploited Jim Bob's dad in his final days and turned Jubilee into a politicized media circus makes me think that they'd see dollar signs if a birth turned into a tragedy.

For a thread name, I suggest The Dullards:  Dumb and Dumber pregnant again.

Regarding Derick's mood change, Does it line up with the election? On another forum, we were discussing how Trump empowered all the racists, homophobes, xenophobes, misogynists, etc to stop holding back and let their hateful views be heard. That's what I think Derick is doing. He feels empowered to share his backwards views because we have some backwards people heading to the white house. 

I'm calling it now. There will be at least 10 grandduggars by the end of 2017. first Jessa, then probably Anna, third Jill and last, in december Jinger , her own child born on her birthday.

any bets on who will have the first grandtwins? my bet would be on jessa in her third pregnancy.

12 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

I'm calling it now. There will be at least 10 grandduggars by the end of 2017. first Jessa, then probably Anna, third Jill and last, in december Jinger , her own child born on her birthday.

any bets on who will have the first grandtwins? my bet would be on jessa in her third pregnancy.

Yup. And Jana will get thinner and thinner and more stressed out from all the jumping from one sister household to the other and taking care of all her kids at home. 

Just to jump into the name conversation.

My daughter is two weeks old. I accidentally call her by Velocipuppy's name all the time. I'm just so used to talking to the dog throughout the day that I forget who I'm talking to.

(In my defense, I'm sleep deprived and Velocibaby has only been home a week now. So I have time to redeem myself. :pb_lol:)

12 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Maybe this is just the REAL Derick and he's been censoring himself until now.

You have a good point. Maybe this is not out of character, maybe he's always been an asshole. 

On the topic of Michelle not knowing her grandchildren's names. My grandparents had 20 something grandchildren, many of whom grew up in the same area. Now they were all well spread out, from the oldest who is 51 to my brother who is 22. My grandfather used to tease my brother by asking him "Which one are you?" He would then run down through all the boys names until he got to my brother's name. It's normal to mix up names but I think Michelle just doesn't know. Which is really sad. 

17 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

My daughter is two weeks old. I accidentally call her by Velocipuppy's name all the time. I'm just so used to talking to the dog throughout the day that I forget who I'm talking to.

(In my defense, I'm sleep deprived and Velocibaby has only been home a week now. So I have time to redeem myself. :pb_lol:)

Congrats!!!! the brain fog gets a bit better over time :)

25 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Congratulations!!!

I don't post that much but I read a lot and you are one of my favorite freejingers. I pretty much agree with .everything you say hehe.

On the name note, I am ok with my parents calling me by my brother's names, or even the dog name, but sometimes my dad calls me by his girlfriend's daughter's name and I get livid. I am a grown woman but that can turn me into a jealous teen in a second.

Just now, Audrey2 said:

Welcome back, @VelociRapture. I know how incredibly busy and sleep deprived you are now. Just want to let you know I miss your comments and insight.

@seasonsoflife, I love your avatar!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled snarking.

Thanks! 

Ever since my mom died I want to to smack everyone over the head with a a saucepan screaming "not the mama" haha

Oh man, did I love The Dinosaurs :pb_lol: 

I can't snark on J'chelle for not remembering all her grandkids names when I probably wouldn't even recognize a few of my cousins as they live elsewhere. 

I also think Jessa will be the one to have the first set of twins, Jillymuffin will be jealous. 

12 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Oh man, did I love The Dinosaurs :pb_lol: 

I can't snark on J'chelle for not remembering all her grandkids names when I probably wouldn't even recognize a few of my cousins as they live elsewhere. 

I also think Jessa will be the one to have the first set of twins, Jillymuffin will be jealous. 

It's healthy sibling competition...oh, wait, except we are talking about actual people, not pokemons. These people are so weird. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Congratulations! Happy that everything seems to be just fine. Hope you and your partner will adapt quickly to the sleep deprivation :my_rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

As often as Jessa seems to be upstaged (right word?) by Jill, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up the other way around.  Jessa's single pregnancy would be overshadowed by Jill announcing she's having twins.  Or Jinger would announce that she's pregnant with twins (though I sure hope she and Jeremy don't have any kids for a while!).

My father constantly called me by my sister's name. I vowed I'd never do that if I had children. I never had kids, but I have six cats...and now what do I do to all my cats? :pb_lol:

I will keep my fingers crossed that not a single Duggar has twins ever again. These people neglect their children enough. I can't even imagine how twins would be treated. 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I will keep my fingers crossed that not a single Duggar has twins ever again. These people neglect their children enough. I can't even imagine how twins would be treated. 

they would have to raise each other, the one that's born first becomes the buddy.

9 minutes ago, seasonsoflife said:

they would have to raise each other, the one that's born first becomes the buddy.

So Jana raised JD, along with everyone else.

Honestly, I can imagine one of them getting secret fertility treatment and ending up with sextuplets (In my mind it's Jessa-- I see similarities between her and Kate Gosselin)

That'll be the holiest pregnancy of all, and impossible to beat. Plus then she'll get basically all the sister-moms to help her, as she'd need it the most with 6 babies. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived