IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and Santa- Part 22

samurai_sarah

Lol! She actually wasn't due until mid-January. Little stinker was just super impatient and decided 34 weeks was long enough.

Congrats!! My 34 weeker is now an insanely large 8 year old (nearly 5' tall) with more energy that I can handle!!

Enjoy these moments, they go way too fast!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

So, the only thing I can think is that Josh and Anna are not sleeping together or she'd be knocked up.   He's been home from "rehab" for how long?  

He's been home from rehab since March which is certainly long enough for them to have conceived, BUT their kids are spaced about 2 years apart and Meredith won't be two until July 2017. If they've fully reconciled, I would expect an announcement in the next three months or so, with Anna due about the same time as Jilly/Meredith's birthday.

On December 21, 2016 at 9:27 PM, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

I start DBT to deal with my issues next week.)

Welcome back! And thank you for sharing the decision you made. DBT is wonderful. I'm doing DBT for depression and anxiety and it's helped me so much. I wish you the best!

On December 21, 2016 at 10:28 PM, Incognito22 said:

I made the mistake of reading Dericks tweets or twats; whatever the hell they are called.  

:pb_lol: That perfectly describes his tweets.

13 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

My daughter is two weeks old.

I am so happy that she is home, and you are enjoying mommyhood!  Sneak us a pic (unless I have missed it).

Congrats, again!  YAY.  

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Lol! She actually wasn't due until mid-January. Little stinker was just super impatient and decided 34 weeks was long enough.

Congratulations @VelociRapture.  Enjoy infanthood ... it goes by quickly. 

3 hours ago, Scribber said:

Congrats!! My 34 weeker is now an insanely large 8 year old (nearly 5' tall) with more energy that I can handle!!

Enjoy these moments, they go way too fast!

I am. The no sleep is rough, but I know she won't want to snuggle me constantly for long and I already missed out on being "mommy" for that week she was in NICU. So I'm enjoying every second as much as I can while I can. It probably helps that I think she's the cutest kid ever.

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

I am so happy that she is home, and you are enjoying mommyhood!  Sneak us a pic (unless I have missed it).

Congrats, again!  YAY.  

Lol! I shared a few on the parenting thread over in AYTFJ? I promise she's pretty damn cute though (not that I'm biased in her favor in any way, shape, or form.)

On 12/17/2016 at 4:19 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

If Israel swallows Jesus, that's like the ultimate Eucharist.

But seriously, please keep your Jesus Action Figure playset away from the one-year-old.

Of course the non evil Catholic sort with grape juice instead of wine, like Fundy Jesus intended.

7 hours ago, marmalade said:

Could Triple D's anti-abortion rants be a middle finger to the critics who can do math and realize that the Dullards did not wait 6 months after leaving a Zika-infected area to conceive? That he's basically saying, "FUCK YOU! We're going to have this baby no matter what afflictions it may have incurred [because we were stupid and didn't wait like the CDC suggested]." 

Derick tends to think like this; read his responses on his twitter feed that he's now leaving up so as to set himself up as the poor, persecuted guy just trying to tell the world about Santa and abortion. He's reactionary as hell. 

@VelociRapture Congratulations! 

I'd tend to agree that this is his train of thought and if so what a Selfish idiot! 

Screaming about his Godly decision without a thought to the pain and medical issues that poor baby could suffer!  Typical Duggar parent mentality.

@VelociRapture congratulations on your beautiful daughter. 

Am I right in assuming that Jill has the largest gap between 2 children of all Duggars, so far? Israel and the second baby will be 2 years and 3 months apart.
 If Anna is done having children, which I don't believe, then Jill will have the largest gap. But if I had to guess, I think Anna could be due in March: only taking into account Josh's return from rehab, not her body!

Jessa seems to have inherited Michelle hyperfertility. That's why my bet is on her for the first grandtwins. I hope Jinger waits to have children, but they are probably trying right away.

12 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I am goad she only had a short stay in the NICU.  That can be really hard on a new mom.  My youngest was a 35 weeker and he stayed 13 days in the NICU.

So im very happy for Jill - I know being pregnant is the epitome of womanhood and everything she was raised to want. Plus I can see her doing a happy dance now that she has an excuse to stay in Arkansas. Plus you have to admit Izzy is a cutie. 

My question is, since there is no more "mission" to speak of, what exactly are we supposed to "donate" to as requested on their website? since you are no longer doing mission work, are you just asking for money because Derek doesn't want to get a legit job? 

8 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I am. The no sleep is rough, but I know she won't want to snuggle me constantly for long and I already missed out on being "mommy" for that week she was in NICU. So I'm enjoying every second as much as I can while I can. It probably helps that I think she's the cutest kid ever.

Lol! I shared a few on the parenting thread over in AYTFJ? I promise she's pretty damn cute though (not that I'm biased in her favor in any way, shape, or form.)

My son would only nap while being held for the first 11 months of his life. Tons of people were like, "oh, you need to break that habit" and blah blah blah. No thanks. Yes, the recliner I sat in was kind of uncomfortable. Yes, the house was a mess. But sitting there for many hours a day with him sleeping on me was fantastic. I had a rough time with PPD and a colicky baby. But the snuggly naps....those were my favorite times. Probably one of the few things I miss from the baby stage (overall, I have been enjoying toddler days a bit better.) So yeah...enjoy the snuggle time and get as much of it as you can. :)

19 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

My son would only nap while being held for the first 11 months of his life. Tons of people were like, "oh, you need to break that habit" and blah blah blah. No thanks. Yes, the recliner I sat in was kind of uncomfortable. Yes, the house was a mess. But sitting there for many hours a day with him sleeping on me was fantastic. I had a rough time with PPD and a colicky baby. But the snuggly naps....those were my favorite times. Probably one of the few things I miss from the baby stage (overall, I have been enjoying toddler days a bit better.) So yeah...enjoy the snuggle time and get as much of it as you can. :)

Same! Well not quite 11 months, but for quite some time after she was born my daughter would only sleep if she was being held. She's 16 months now, sleeps great in her own room, and I tell my husband all the time I miss snuggling her, and being able to just roll over and watch her breathe. I still stare at her sleeping over the monitor sometimes. It isn't quite the same lol.

5 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Am I right in assuming that Jill has the largest gap between 2 children of all Duggars, so far? Israel and the second baby will be 2 years and 3 months apart.
 If Anna is done having children, which I don't believe, then Jill will have the largest gap. But if I had to guess, I think Anna could be due in March: only taking into account Josh's return from rehab, not her body!

Yes, Jill will have the largest gap between children, Anna has the next longest gap with 2 years 1 month between Marcus and Meredith.

RE Dillwad's comment about being on the mission field for 2 years...

They left in July 2015, when Izzy was 3 months old.

They returned in August 2015 for a NYC visit and to attend The Bates/Keillen wedding. (took Joy + a Bates's slave back with them, and had a Cathy visit).

They returned Sept 1, 2015 for Jill's exam and Amy's wedding. They stayed 2 full months (took Cathy back with them).

Duggars visit in December 2015

Duggars and Seewalds visit in March 2016

JB and M visit in May 2016

The Dillards return in August 2016

SO...

July2015-August 2016= 13 months

Minus 2.5  months for stateside visits= 10.5 months

Minus 1.5 months (6, 1 week visits) for visitors= 9 months

Maximum of 9 months spent alone in Danger America (without direct family support).

9 months is NOT 2 years.

Thall shalt not lie, Derick!!

But, @SassyPants, the Duggars do to time what the TARDIS does to space!

(For those who aren't familiar, the TARDIS looks like an ordinary police box (think phone booth), but is a time travel vehicle, used by the Doctor and his companion, that is much bigger on the inside.)

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

I have never had a human baby, but my two fur babies (I believe) give me enough experience to weigh in on the sleeping babies convo.

My cats (post baby kitten stage when they were all about sleeping on my chest) are fairly independent. They like being in the same room as us, but keeping their distance. Recently, furbaby #1, has been snuggling under the covers when I get into bed and cuddling either in between my legs or on my stomach for about 5-10 minutes before doing his own thing again. I swear I hyperventilate and nearly cry every time this happens. Sometimes I am uncomfortable and really want to readjust my body, but I can never bring myself to disrupt our furbabies.

I'll probably actually melt when we decide to have our own human babies.

57 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Same! Well not quite 11 months, but for quite some time after she was born my daughter would only sleep if she was being held. She's 16 months now, sleeps great in her own room, and I tell my husband all the time I miss snuggling her, and being able to just roll over and watch her breathe. I still stare at her sleeping over the monitor sometimes. It isn't quite the same lol.

I am glad my son slept on his own at night most of the time (well, he was in our room until about 1 year...but in a bassinet and then a mini-crib.) The nights he had trouble and ended up sleeping on one of us, we stayed awake. It sucked. I definitely miss the snuggles. He is 3 now and isn't super snuggly so that makes me sad.

1 minute ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I have never had a human baby, but my two fur babies (I believe) give me enough experience to weigh in on the sleeping babies convo.

My cats (post baby kitten stage when they were all about sleeping on my chest) are fairly independent. They like being in the same room as us, but keeping their distance. Recently, furbaby #1, has been snuggling under the covers when I get into bed and cuddling either in between my legs or on my stomach for about 5-10 minutes before doing his own thing again. I swear I hyperventilate and nearly cry every time this happens. Sometimes I am uncomfortable and really want to readjust my body, but I can never bring myself to disrupt our furbabies.

I'll probably actually melt when we decide to have our own human babies.

You just might. I remember loving our dog soooo much and wondering if I'd feel the same about my child. But I love him more than I ever thought possible. It's one of those things that people always say....but once you experience it, it's like "oh. okay. I get it now." Seriously....you will melt. Good luck. Ha!

@ClaraOswin I'm glad you say that. I get worried that I'll always see furbaby #1 as our first born, even when a human first born comes along. 

Also I grew up not being a cat person at all, and hubby wasn't either and was (is??) allergic to cats. But we are still smitten with the kittens :D

12 hours ago, Bethella said:
14 hours ago, MoonFace said:

So, the only thing I can think is that Josh and Anna are not sleeping together or she'd be knocked up.   He's been home from "rehab" for how long?  

He's been home from rehab since March which is certainly long enough for them to have conceived, BUT their kids are spaced about 2 years apart and Meredith won't be two until July 2017. If they've fully reconciled, I would expect an announcement in the next three months or so, with Anna due about the same time as Jilly/Meredith's birthday.

Oh just the thought here, the visuals that these statements render just makes me ILL ILL ILL!!!!  Shudders!!!!  (I apologize for being overcome with brief horror and the need to share.) :content:

3 hours ago, Elvis Presby said:

I am goad she only had a short stay in the NICU.  That can be really hard on a new mom.  My youngest was a 35 weeker and he stayed 13 days in the NICU.

I'm glad her stay was short too. I had a really tough time handling it when I went home without her. Second biggest relief of my life was when she came home (first was hearing her screaming right after she was born.)

34 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

@ClaraOswin I'm glad you say that. I get worried that I'll always see furbaby #1 as our first born, even when a human first born comes along. 

Also I grew up not being a cat person at all, and hubby wasn't either and was (is??) allergic to cats. But we are still smitten with the kittens :D

I love my baby, but Velocipuppy will always be my firstborn. :pb_lol:

23 hours ago, NewOrleansLady said:

I really don't know what to say.  Part of me wants to offer sympathy on the loss of your child ( I'm an ebil Catholic for what it's worth) and another part of me wants to congratulate( probably the wrong word) you on making an informed, adult decision to terminate. I'm sure with counsuling and a healthy mind and body, you will find the answers you need.

Thank you so much! On both accounts. I really appreciate your kind words. :my_smile:

I have a pretty good job, and my husband and I want to have kids together someday, which made the decision to terminate very hard, but the fact that I couldn't wait four measly days for my ob appointment to get proper nausea medicine for the morning sickness made us both sit down and re-think our desire to keep an untimed pregnancy/baby very, very carefully. 

The ironic thing about the meme Derrick posted is that the very reason he argued someone shouldn't get an abortion is precicely why I chose to go through with one. His argument is that its someone else's body, but my perspective is more that the fetus at that stage will become someone else's body. In that vein, I myself can make a choice to take a risk and put ganja (and other substances) in my body, but my unborn child has no choice at all in the matter about what goes into their body during the 9 months he or she is inhabiting mine. So, it didn't seem fair to put what will eventually become "someone elses body"---to borrow the meme's phrasing :pb_lol:--through any risks like that, just because "I really want kids someday anyway, so why not now?" Actions speak louder than intentions, or words.

Thank you again :my_smile:

19 hours ago, marmalade said:

Could Triple D's anti-abortion rants be a middle finger to the critics who can do math and realize that the Dullards did not wait 6 months after leaving a Zika-infected area to conceive? That he's basically saying, "FUCK YOU! We're going to have this baby no matter what afflictions it may have incurred [because we were stupid and didn't wait like the CDC suggested]." 

Derick tends to think like this; read his responses on his twitter feed that he's now leaving up so as to set himself up as the poor, persecuted guy just trying to tell the world about Santa and abortion. He's reactionary as hell. 

@VelociRapture Congratulations! 

The Seewalds were in Danger America in March and conceived in May, so again, no 6 month Zika waiting period.

These folks are willfully ignorant and irresponsible.

32 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The Seewalds were in Danger America in March and conceived in May, so again, no 6 month Zika waiting period.

These folks are willfully ignorant an

I wondered if the bad news Jill received last week was testing positive for Zika. 

It would explain the apprehension about this pregnancy and the abortion posts from Derrick. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived