IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and Santa- Part 22

samurai_sarah

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Just to jump into the name conversation.

My daughter is two weeks old. I accidentally call her by Velocipuppy's name all the time. I'm just so used to talking to the dog throughout the day that I forget who I'm talking to.

(In my defense, I'm sleep deprived and Velocibaby has only been home a week now. So I have time to redeem myself. :pb_lol:)

No lie - it took me almost six months before I could get the dog/baby name thing right more than half the time. Our dog had been like our child for years before baby came (we still call her his sister and they act like toddlers together) and making the change was hard. I even crossed gender pronouns all the time. Even now after three years I will still mix up names when I'm upset - SonInCharge you KNOW you're not supposed to pee on the floor! (He is potty training, but I still wouldn't yell at him about it.) :) 

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

For a thread name, I suggest The Dullards:  Dumb and Dumber pregnant again.

Regarding Derick's mood change, Does it line up with the election? On another forum, we were discussing how Trump empowered all the racists, homophobes, xenophobes, misogynists, etc to stop holding back and let their hateful views be heard. That's what I think Derick is doing. He feels empowered to share his backwards views because we have some backwards people heading to the white house. 

I was thinking the exact same thing. It's possible he feels legitimized and like it is acceptable to come out of the shadows with some of his more outlandish claims because others must agree with him based on the election. Or he may be emboldened by inevitable Supreme Court nominees who will almost definitely further agendas he supports.

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

My daughter is two weeks old. I accidentally call her by Velocipuppy's name all the time. I'm just so used to talking to the dog throughout the day that I forget who I'm talking to.

(In my defense, I'm sleep deprived and Velocibaby has only been home a week now. So I have time to redeem myself. :pb_lol:)

Congratulations!! So exciting!

13 hours ago, Nicole Jinger Duggar said:

Could Derick's mood change line up with a positive pregnancy test?

on Duggars and Bates confessions someone wrote "congratulations Jill and Derick"

14 hours ago, Nicole Jinger Duggar said:

Could Derick's mood change line up with a positive pregnancy test?

Another infant is one more nail in the coffin for Derick's missionary dream.

This ain't the Schraders.  Derick's never going to be able to pile his family in a pop up tent and take them to Zambia.  Jill/JB are much more powerful and likely to resist than Esther/Pa Keller.  And since they rely on the adoring public for support, they can't risk the backlash.  

He married a woman with a "heart for missions" without taking the time to see if she had the head for it.  Now he's realized his wife is basically only suited to live right next to her family and pop out babies, which she will do--regardless of medical advice--with surprising regularity.  

This marriage and life isn't what Derrick had in mind.  He clearly never intended to live forever in rural Arkansas enmeshed with his in-laws while his wife has a baby every other year.  While they only had Izzy, maybe there was a chance of getting away.  Of waiting for him to get older and convincing Jill to try missions again.  With Jill needing something else (like missionary work and midwifery) to keep her busy.  But with every baby, that chance gets smaller and smaller.  

I just wonder how this will fly with Ben and Jessa.  There's only so much to go around, and Ben and Jessa have already claimed the "based in AR, near to the family, radically blunt truth-tellers with a sort of ministry" thing.  They've been claiming that image for YEARS now and have worked hard (in Duggar terms) for it.  If Derick and Jill swoop in and try to take a piece of that pie, I can see some struggles to keep sweet.  

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Congratulations! Good to hear you're home. Hope you and baby are doing fine and that she gives you a sleep in for christmas. :)

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

And soon you will comfortable calling your newborn by her right name.

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I had not realized that your due date was already here. Funny how other people's pregnancies fly by! Congratulations!

19 hours ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

My husband and I aborted our first pregnancy two weeks ago (hence the hiatus.) We always wanted to have a child together someday, but this pregnancy was 100% mistimed; we were hoping to wait three more years, at least,but it just happened. I tried to stay pregnant, because I do want children, but it became apparent to me after only two weeks that I do not have the discipline or emotional resiliance to stay sober for a pregnancy. I caved and smoked pot at every appearance of morning sickness, and could not give up my two energy drink a day habit, either. I know pot isn't toxic, but the research on how it impacts fetal development is still limited, so it would have been a selfish risk to take on my part. I decided our future child deserved a mentally healthy mother, with the discipline to stay physically healthy/sober for him or her. So...we ended the pregnancy; I start DBT to deal with my issues next week.

My point in sharing all of that is that its so weird to come back and see that Jilly Muffin is pregnant, and will be due the same month my baby would have been, probably the same week too, because I would be 8 weeks now if I were still pregnant. Part of me is a little sad, full of "what ifs", but another part of me will be smoking a bowl, looking at her belly in the tabloids, and thinking to myself, "Thank goodness it isn't me who's 6 months pregnant right now." (No disrespect intended towards anyone who is happily expecting right now :my_smile:) Derrick is an asshole. Pregnancy is HARD, and Derrick will never, ever know how hard. He can go play tag in oncoming traffic!

I really don't know what to say.  Part of me wants to offer sympathy on the loss of your child ( I'm an ebil Catholic for what it's worth) and another part of me wants to congratulate( probably the wrong word) you on making an informed, adult decision to terminate. I'm sure with counsuling and a healthy mind and body, you will find the answers you need.

26 minutes ago, frugalitymom said:

@VelociRapture Congratulations on the new baby, enjoy the cuddles and time with the new baby.

I think VCR's baby was born a few weeks early; hence the fast pregnancy. Thankfully she has done well and only stayed a short while in the NICU. 

Sorry, quoted wrong comment :( This was for no longer IFBx

20 hours ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

This is a wired quote.

anyway someone up thread said that Jill and derick will no try and claim the media attention jessa and Ben have.

i think this will never happen. Jessa has almost reached two million followers Jill doesn't have that much. As for Ben he still at what 676 k.  He basically leaves it up to jessa to make the money now.  

Jessa is only posting easy bible quotes opposed to Jill's jubilee extravaganza.

jess has the inside scoop and will never leave the TTH

On the topic of Santa-hubs just played Santa over the phone for Grandboy, who is being a bit naughty today, having just come back from Donkeybutt's home where good behavior is not encouraged. Its Christmas time (Yule also for them) with all that excitement + DD has a cold so isn't playing with him. I called her to find out about the laces on my boots and Hubs heard him being quite noisy and  sassy so he disguised his voice and remind GB that Santa is watching and Mimere knows where he lives in the off season. There is an older gentleman in our neighborhood with a beautiful white head of hair and beard with a tummy and wears alot of red flannel as he goes around on his quad runner.....

I am so confused by these weird videos. Who is watching these and saying "yes! Great job everyone, let's share this with the world."?

As above posters said, 1) Derick looks completely checked out and 2) there is no way the Pee Stick Princess doesn't know the exact minute she conceived.

TLC already released their announcement video where Jill and Derick are moderately convincing with their happiness so what is the point of this one?

Other than to remind us that JB and M exist and are to be credited for every achievement in their kids' lives.

That must be it I guess :my_dodgy:

3 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

I had not realized that your due date was already here. Funny how other people's pregnancies fly by! Congratulations!

Lol! She actually wasn't due until mid-January. Little stinker was just super impatient and decided 34 weeks was long enough.

Could Triple D's anti-abortion rants be a middle finger to the critics who can do math and realize that the Dullards did not wait 6 months after leaving a Zika-infected area to conceive? That he's basically saying, "FUCK YOU! We're going to have this baby no matter what afflictions it may have incurred [because we were stupid and didn't wait like the CDC suggested]." 

Derick tends to think like this; read his responses on his twitter feed that he's now leaving up so as to set himself up as the poor, persecuted guy just trying to tell the world about Santa and abortion. He's reactionary as hell. 

@VelociRapture Congratulations! 

On December 20, 2016 at 8:57 PM, Cassia said:

I've seen quite a few people mention that they are expecting an Anna pregnancy announcement soon but I'm just not feeling it. I don't think things are hunky dory in the Josh and Anna household. I don't think there's a lot of sweet, sweet fellowship happening, and I really don't think that they're actively trying. A fifth baby is probably the last thing on Josh's mind right now. I can see him thinking about it, maybe if they were guaranteed money from a TLC special or a People spread but they're not going to get either of those things. Nor will public opinion on the matter be kind - why would he put himself through it all? 

So, the only thing I can think is that Josh and Anna are not sleeping together or she'd be knocked up.   He's been home from "rehab" for how long?  

On 12/21/2016 at 9:27 PM, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

My husband and I aborted our first pregnancy two weeks ago (hence the hiatus.) We always wanted to have a child together someday, but this pregnancy was 100% mistimed; we were hoping to wait three more years, at least,but it just happened. I tried to stay pregnant, because I do want children, but it became apparent to me after only two weeks that I do not have the discipline or emotional resiliance to stay sober for a pregnancy. I caved and smoked pot at every appearance of morning sickness, and could not give up my two energy drink a day habit, either. I know pot isn't toxic, but the research on how it impacts fetal development is still limited, so it would have been a selfish risk to take on my part. I decided our future child deserved a mentally healthy mother, with the discipline to stay physically healthy/sober for him or her. So...we ended the pregnancy; I start DBT to deal with my issues next week.

My point in sharing all of that is that its so weird to come back and see that Jilly Muffin is pregnant, and will be due the same month my baby would have been, probably the same week too, because I would be 8 weeks now if I were still pregnant. Part of me is a little sad, full of "what ifs", but another part of me will be smoking a bowl, looking at her belly in the tabloids, and thinking to myself, "Thank goodness it isn't me who's 6 months pregnant right now." (No disrespect intended towards anyone who is happily expecting right now :my_smile:) Derrick is an asshole. Pregnancy is HARD, and Derrick will never, ever know how hard. He can go play tag in oncoming traffic!

Although I'm sure it was very difficult, it sounds like you made the best possible decision under the circumstances.

As an aside, I also think you made a good choice by selecting DBT as a therapy option. 

I'm sure this has been covered.  The Dillard's arrived back in the USA at the beginning of August.  Jinger/Jeremy and Dan/Deena's weddings were in November. Jill is due in July. (I just did a infertility treatment myself the end of November and found out our baby will be due mid to end of August. Our original fertility treatment date was Nov 3rd so the baby would have been due end of July) Depending if Jill's due date is the beginning, middle, or end of July; she would have gotten pregnant in mid/end October to beginning of November. They probably waited to announce after the first dr's appointment. IMO, if they haven't been eating well on mission her blood work would have came back deficient in various vitamins and minerals and would be on various supplements. It makes me think they purposely waited until they were back in America and recovered from her C-section (like others have said) to have this baby. IF and that is a big IF they have been educated about Zika they might not want to head back to Central America. I wouldn't be surprised if they head back on a mission after the baby is born, but it would be more interesting (higher tv viewship) if they went to another part of the world. I wonder if anyone at TLC has figured this out?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived