IGNORED

Another Duggar courting- Joy and Austin, Pt3

SassyPants

Ok I know this is the wrong thread, but since I saw it being mentioned here again: where can I find the notorious clip of "Jill and the shower rack"?

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sometimes wonder about that secondary infertility thing. Maybe they just don't get pregnant. There must be no reason/ condition at all. Getting pregnant is not a "right" in terms of you want it you get it. A lot of women suffer from not getting pregnant without reason. Another theory could be simply stress. She clearly is stressed about something (see her strong reaction to the shower rack incident) and I am sure she is under pressure to get pregnant again. This alone can sometimes hold your body back.

Back to Joy and Austin: put me in the group they are already engaged or both set of parents have reason to believe they will be soon.

As far as I'm concerned, they don't need or deserve kids. Infertility isn't a curse for fundies, it's a blessing. That's one less child conceived and born into a evil cult. Meanwhile, 4 babies in the town of Ider, Alabama are in critical condition after the 24 hour daycare was destroyed. That saddens way more than quiverfull woman's infertility woes.

Franicia White posted last night that she just received some copies of a "how to get to know your future spouse" book, and is sorry that she can't deliver it in person at an upcoming gathering in Arkansas, so instead she will be mailing one to a "JD" (Joy Duggar).  That tells me a Joy & Austin engagement party is coming soon--before Christmas, I guess:

On 11/29/2016 at 0:42 AM, just_ordinary said:

I sometimes wonder about that secondary infertility thing. Maybe they just don't get pregnant. There must be no reason/ condition at all. Getting pregnant is not a "right" in terms of you want it you get it. A lot of women suffer from not getting pregnant without reason. Another theory could be simply stress. She clearly is stressed about something (see her strong reaction to the shower rack incident) and I am sure she is under pressure to get pregnant again. This alone can sometimes hold your body back.

Back to Joy and Austin: put me in the group they are already engaged or both set of parents have reason to believe they will be soon.

Stress causing infertility is generally a myth. It typically takes a large amount of stress to actually hinder your fertility- like a loved one dying. I think it's possible that Jill is extremely stressed and overwhelmed with their living situation but I'm not sure if she's that stressed that it could be causing her to not get pregnant. She appears healthy- I don't see bags under her eyes, she is keeping her weight up, and appears relaxed in pictures (at least to me). But for what it's worth I hope that Jill is not experiencing secondary infertility. My husband and I are just now beginning some infertility testing as we have been trying for over a year now with no luck. It has been the hardest and most challenging year of my life and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, even a fundie like Jill. (I'm not trying to call you out or say you do wish it on them, hope it doesn't sound that way).

As far as I'm concerned, they don't need or deserve kids. Infertility isn't a curse for fundies, it's a blessing. That's one less child conceived and born into a evil cult. Meanwhile, 4 babies in the town of Ider, Alabama are in critical condition after the 24 hour daycare was destroyed. That saddens way more than quiverfull woman's infertility woes.

Wait what, destroyed!!? I can't search on my phone for some reason can you fill me in?

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Franicia White posted last night that she just received some copies of a "how to get to know your future spouse" book, and is sorry that she can't deliver it in person at an upcoming gathering in Arkansas, so instead she will be mailing one to a "JD" (Joy Duggar).  That tells me a Joy & Austin engagement party is coming soon--before Christmas, I guess:

Oh YES.  She is clearly secretly referring to a Duggar gathering that *cannot be mentioned because it's a super special secret for a TLC episode* event. I'm guessing she's referring to Joy's bridal shower. Calling it now.

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

How would Joy see this?  She must have a secret IG or something. 

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

How to Really Get to Know the Person You're Going to Marry:

-Spend actual time alone with them when they're not on their "best behavior" for parents/siblings/other chaperones/the TLC camera crew

-Don't choose to pursue a relationship with them purely because they're hot and make fat stacks from being on TV

-Actually listen to their wants and needs and life aspirations instead of deciding that your cockeyed White Savior fantasies take precedence because you have a penis

48 minutes ago, Marissap said:

How would Joy see this?  She must have a secret IG or something. 

She uses the Duggarfam Instagram along with Jana and Mechelle. Jinger used to use it as well before she married. Remember, Joy had her phone virtually glued to her hand in all the non-posed pics at Jinger's wedding. 

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

:PLEURE:

4 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Oh YES.  She is clearly secretly referring to a Duggar gathering that *cannot be mentioned because it's a super special secret for a TLC episode* event. I'm guessing she's referring to Joy's bridal shower. Calling it now.

Poor Jana. Will her business be delay until after Joy's wedding or will Jim Bob hire help for her?

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

How to Really Get to Know the Person You're Going to Marry:

-Spend actual time alone with them when they're not on their "best behavior" for parents/siblings/other chaperones/the TLC camera crew

-Don't choose to pursue a relationship with them purely because they're hot and make fat stacks from being on TV

-Actually listen to their wants and needs and life aspirations instead of deciding that your cockeyed White Savior fantasies take precedence because you have a penis

I know, right? Or get to know them BEFORE you get engaged, don't think about that after. YEEESH. Fundies.

Damn. That feels so quick, but I'm guessing that engagement is coming soon. I wish I could make Joy see that she could have a real, actual life without getting married. She'll never even know her twenties as a single person. 

13 minutes ago, buggers said:

Damn. That feels so quick, but I'm guessing that engagement is coming soon. I wish I could make Joy see that she could have a real, actual life without getting married. She'll never even know her twenties as a single person. 

I'm wondering if Joy is already engaged. This book is straight up for engaged couples who are in the premarital counseling stage. How much you wanna bet they'll do what they did with Jinger and announce their engagement a month after the public courtship announcement. Christmas engagement announcement, April wedding. Still can't believe Joy has a boyfriend.

15 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So who are NK and GL???

14 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

(I'm not trying to call you out or say you do wish it on them, hope it doesn't sound that way).

No offence taken, you phrased it just fine. I am not even sure if I should be happy for Israel to have the unshared attention of his parents. 

We will continue to disagree about the correlation of the psyche and infertility. But that's just fine.

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

She uses the Duggarfam Instagram along with Jana and Mechelle. Jinger used to use it as well before she married. Remember, Joy had her phone virtually glued to her hand in all the non-posed pics at Jinger's wedding. 

So what is Jinger's true IG?  There are a ton of fake ones pretending to be her.  Is it jingerduggarvuolo?  That's the only private one.

15 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

Stress causing infertility is generally a myth. It typically takes a large amount of stress to actually hinder your fertility- like a loved one dying. I think it's possible that Jill is extremely stressed and overwhelmed with their living situation but I'm not sure if she's that stressed that it could be causing her to not get pregnant. She appears healthy- I don't see bags under her eyes, she is keeping her weight up, and appears relaxed in pictures (at least to me). But for what it's worth I hope that Jill is not experiencing secondary infertility. My husband and I are just now beginning some infertility testing as we have been trying for over a year now with no luck. It has been the hardest and most challenging year of my life and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, even a fundie like Jill. (I'm not trying to call you out or say you do wish it on them, hope it doesn't sound that way).

In this warped world we've come to know, little things make a big difference.  For a non-Fundie, I wouldn't even think about it. For Jill, I'm gleefully happy Israel will be a full two years old before he has a sibling. That's like 4 years in non-Fundie land.

50 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I'm wondering if Joy is already engaged. This book is straight up for engaged couples who are in the premarital counseling stage. How much you wanna bet they'll do what they did with Jinger and announce their engagement a month after the public courtship announcement. Christmas engagement announcement, April wedding. Still can't believe Joy has a boyfriend.

Ha! I already called the holiday engagement, early spring (late March/early April) wedding. 

I know we've debated this to death regarding ourselves , but I don't think JOY is anywhere near mature enough to be a teen bride. Alyssa Bates? Yeah, I didn't give her credit at the time (I guess it was the color scheme of a five year old that threw me), but she turned out to be plenty ready for marriage. Joy has shown me NOTHING to make me believe she is much more mature than, oh, Jackson. 

Remember, @marmalade, Joy is supposedly great friends with Sierra and Sierra married young. I wonder if this had any impact on Joy's decision to court. As others (and I) have mentioned, I think realizing that she was going to be 50% of the "big girls" who live at home and have to serve that passel of boys played into it as well. 

So, she's selfish and will just abandon Jana to be the ONLY one serving that passel of boys? Joy's a lot of things, but I don't think she'd do that, not on purpose. 

I am in the "arranged marriage" camp. I think this has been set up for quite some time. I imagine there was some pressure by Pa Forsyth nudging Austin in Joy's direction so it looked organic. 

Remember, Boob tried this once before, but it failed spectacularly with the revelations of "Sin in the Camp." I can't believe that story actually panned out. eta:  We have another situation of close family friends and a sweet quid pro quo deal; both men benefit monetarily from this pairing. 

On November 29, 2016 at 8:32 PM, sunshine said:

(I am not ready for Joy to marry.)

I don't think that  Joy is ready for Joy to marry. 

I still can't believe we're even discussing any of this! The fact that there's a very real possibility that she could be married and pregnant-or already popping out a baby even-by this time next year is crazy. She's sooooo young...

Ginger and Jeremy's marriage with the big age gap never bothered me, to be honest. I get why it does for some people, but I just wasn't bothered by it personally. But Joy getting married to anyone period just freaks me out.

So given their close relationship are we in for another one of Sierra's tacky messes?

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived