IGNORED

Another Duggar courting- Joy and Austin, Pt3

SassyPants

Holy hell. Has anyone seen the comments on the DFO's post on Jana decorating the fence? Pretty much everyone is worshipping her saying things like "It's beautiful Jana! You have such a gift for design!" and "You're so talented, you should open up your own business!" and "Beautiful job Jana. You have an amazing artistic talent." WHAT THE FU**?!?! There is 1 PATHETIC WREATH ON THE GATE. Unless she taught it how to speak Spanish, what on earth is so special about it??? Where's the talent??? If Jana told her fans to eat dirt, they'd wolf it down in a heartbeat.

:leg-humper:  :5624797b0697e_headbash:  

15327508_937232803077036_6534366359761435420_n.png

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, BemusedByFundamentalism said:

I think the same goes for a lot of people that have been fighting their own battle. For example, I suffer from a chronic illness and have officialy been disqualified to work, for the rest of my life (I'm not sure what the correct English wording for my situation is).
I get angry (internally) when someone  comes up with an "idea" or a "solution" for my health condition. I know people give advice with their best intentions, but to the person suffering it can come across as an insult.
I'm 30 years old and have been at home since I was 26. Do you really think that I wouldn't have tried anything that could improve my health? I'm not voluntarily in this situation.

So @allthegoodnamesrgone, I really get why your friend wouldn't appreciate the free advice from people around her. And I wanted to add that I'm so so happy for her! My eyes got watery when I read the conclusion of your post!

ps: I hope my post didn't come off as agressive. I often find that I 'm having trouble with writing balanced and nuanced in English (which sucks because in Dutch I'm really good at it and the perfectionist in me wants to be good at everything, hahaha :my_rolleyes:)! All the more reason to keep reading and writing on FJ!

Not aggressive at all.  I'm sorry for your disability (that is the English word you were looking for) that has to be very hard to be in that situation so young. 

I think the fans overcompensate when it comes to Jana because they recognize that her potential to grow has been severely limited by her upbringing.  They won't admit that though because they have convinced themselves that the family is perfect, but on some level they feel empathy for Jana.  Also,  I think there is an element of 'throwing her a bone' because she is the last unmarried adult sister. 

On 02/12/2016 at 0:33 AM, Marissap said:

Yes but you also have (presumably) unrestricted internet access. I just questioned it because these were the people that couldn't watch commercials when their parents were on tv but they. AN peruse all the IG they want?  Seems off to me!

The Duggar family has an Instagram account, and posts like this one would suggest Joy has access to it.

16 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Holy hell. Has anyone seen the comments on the DFO's post on Jana decorating the fence? Pretty much everyone is worshipping her saying things like "It's beautiful Jana! You have such a gift for design!" and "You're so talented, you should open up your own business!" and "Beautiful job Jana. You have an amazing artistic talent." WHAT THE FU**?!?! There is 1 PATHETIC WREATH ON THE GATE. Unless she taught it how to speak Spanish, what on earth is so special about it??? Where's the talent??? If Jana told her fans to eat dirt, they'd wolf it down in a heartbeat.

:leg-humper:  :5624797b0697e_headbash:  

15327508_937232803077036_6534366359761435420_n.png

Praising mediocrity is an on going theme in duggar land!  

I would think a wreath on each gate would look better. It's just a wreath, not an amazing decorative feat.

16 hours ago, calimojo said:

I think the fans overcompensate when it comes to Jana because they recognize that her potential to grow has been severely limited by her upbringing.  They won't admit that though because they have convinced themselves that the family is perfect, but on some level they feel empathy for Jana.  Also,  I think there is an element of 'throwing her a bone' because she is the last unmarried adult sister. 

plus the fact every time she is now in a picture she is doing something 

they have to promote her to marry her off - eventuality 

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I would think a wreath on each gate would look better. It's just a wreath, not an amazing decorative feat.

I think there's a wreath on the ground that the person kneeling (Jana?) is about to put up on the other gate. It's still not impressive, though.

On 11/29/2016 at 11:58 AM, Funwithfundies said:

I will let him know - thanks!  :my_smile:

Bleach yes but condition really well for awhile. My daughter uses Artic Fox, its vegan and 15% of all proceeds goes to saving animals. Great color choices too!

14 hours ago, Timetostoplurking said:

Praising mediocrity is an on going theme in duggar land!  

Play the piano reasonably well? THE NEXT LANG LANG.

Have a baby? CHRIST THE SAVIOR 2.0 IS BORN.

Hang up a wreath or do basic home repairs? HGTV SHOULD HIRE YOU.

Hang out with some rando hanger-on twice because TLC needs a storyline? BEST FRIENDS FOREVER.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Hang up a wreath or do basic home repairs? HGTV SHOULD HIRE YOU.

I wish this would happen to Jana! An independent success on a non-religion based show? If only. 

Speaking of HGTV, has anyone been following the whole "are Chip and Joanna Gaines against gay marriage" thing that's been going on? I think Buzzfeed called them out on it based on the views of their pastor. I'm just wondering why the media is making headlines about that, but the Duggars with their neglect and abuse require no news and are still on air! 

26 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I wish this would happen to Jana! An independent success on a non-religion based show? If only. 

Speaking of HGTV, has anyone been following the whole "are Chip and Joanna Gaines against gay marriage" thing that's been going on? I think Buzzfeed called them out on it based on the views of their pastor. I'm just wondering why the media is making headlines about that, but the Duggars with their neglect and abuse require no news and are still on air! 

I saw that as a headline on Facebook. I certainly hope they aren't homophobic, but hope hasn't worked out too well for me lately on any political or social topic.

But I agree with you: in the grand scheme of things, two house flippers thinking two dudes kissing is yucky is pretty small potatoes compared to what the Duggars have done, and have received little to no repercussions for.

On 12/2/2016 at 9:37 AM, Buzzard said:

This is all about a storyline.  This season was Jinger, a fan favorite.  Next season is the wedding and the birth of Seaweed #2.  They will tease the whole Joy thing and try to pimp it to season 3.  Joy has always been prominently featured on the show and is a known entity to the fans. 

Jana and the J'boys really arent characters in the Duggar circus.  JD and Josiah are really the only ones who have any type of on camera personality, and introducing a new woman to the show takes a season - time they dont have when selling a season.

I agree that viewers know and like the J-Slaves better, but I think that's largely because they've always had more screen time. We've seen more of JD lately, and I've noticed FJers warming up to him. It wouldn't be too hard for TLC to focus a bit on Joe, for instance, in preparation for his courtship season.

11 minutes ago, halcionne said:

I agree that viewers know and like the J-Slaves better, but I think that's largely because they've always had more screen time. We've seen more of JD lately, and I've noticed FJers warming up to him. It wouldn't be too hard for TLC to focus a bit on Joe, for instance, in preparation for his courtship season.

I've wondered if the girls were played up because they were much more attractive than the boys, if they truly had more personality than the boys, or if the show was always a subtle advertisement for courtships, even when they were much too young. 

8 minutes ago, halcionne said:

They if Joe is courting now, or getting close to it, they can have him and Joy court at the same time and get him married off with her. I think the biggest and best idea would be to have Jana & JD courting at the same time. 

as for the remaining kids, Hannie is sadly old enough to manage the lost girls, and between her Jenni and Jordyn can handle most of the "women's work" to help Jana & in a  year and a 1/2 - 2 years, if she marries (hopefully),  Josie will be 9 and Hannie 13, at that time so DQ will only really have to deal with the lost girls (and Hannie can do most of that) & Boob can manage Justin & Jackson & make sure  the rest of the howlers keep their minds in the bible and not on normal teenage boy things.  I can see in the next 3 years all the kids from Joy on up will be married. 

On 12/2/2016 at 10:38 PM, Pasta said:

Why are fundies such good singers? I have a terrible singing voice. 

I've noticed that since I joined a choir (apparently a "good" singing voice was not part of the criteria) my voice has slowly gotten stronger and better for singing. I really think it is like a muscle - the more you use it, the better it gets. Also, people who think they have a poor singing voice seldom sing (at least not in front of others) . I still can't really read music well, but I'm getting there. 

Fundies do a lot of singing from an early age, so I'm sure that's why so many of them have lovely singing voices. 

Of course some people are tone-deaf and all the practice in the world isn't going to make a huge difference, but it's worth a try.

Apparently Jeff Dunham has been in Little Rock today. Such a pity young fundies can't go and enjoy something like that. They miss out on and know so little about culture. Unless it's directly tied to the Bible then it's no-go. (They especially wouldn't go to something like Jeff Dunham- aside from the occasional cuss, José the Jalapeño is SAVAGE.) 

Such a shame Joy will never get to experience real life- instead she'll be stuck forever as a broodmare.

Well we've had a Duggar girl wedding once a year since 2014 -- Jinger this year, Joy's will be 2017... or since she is young 2018. Perhaps 2018 or 2019 will finally be Jana's year. By then Hannie will be 13/14. The only wrinkle is what happens once Jana goes? No girl weddings, only the littles to focus on. Perhaps they will try for a male Duggar marriage first and string Jana along for a bit longer... 

That said, our culture has shown no shortage of interest in this family no matter how boring things have gotten and many babies will be born and that may be enough to keep the gravy train rolling.

13 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

She's outside the fence, good time to say RUN!!!! But yeah I guess, Wreath, woo freaking hoo!

Bummer! Her F**king accountability partner is taking pictures.

On 12/4/2016 at 2:57 AM, imokit said:

Have we spoken about no hand holding until engagement?

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/joy.anna.duggar.and.austin.forsyths.courtship.rules.no.holding.hands.until.engagement/102442.htm

Does this mean that once they get engaged they'll do Josh & Anna's creepy hand sex thing?

I certainly hope not :my_sick: I came late to this party, and have managed not to see any footage of that infamous hand sex...thought he was a creep from the start, so I never sought anything having to do with Josh (pre-scandal), that's probably why I've been spared

9 hours ago, jqlgoblue said:

Well we've had a Duggar girl wedding once a year since 2014 -- Jinger this year, Joy's will be 2017... or since she is young 2018. Perhaps 2018 or 2019 will finally be Jana's year. By then Hannie will be 13/14. The only wrinkle is what happens once Jana goes? No girl weddings, only the littles to focus on. Perhaps they will try for a male Duggar marriage first and string Jana along for a bit longer... 

That said, our culture has shown no shortage of interest in this family no matter how boring things have gotten and many babies will be born and that may be enough to keep the gravy train rolling.

Technically, did not have a wedding in 2015- but we did have 2 births.

On 12/4/2016 at 4:44 PM, CorruptionInc. said:

She's outside the fence, good time to say RUN!!!! But yeah I guess, Wreath, woo freaking hoo!

I may have missed the whole wreath on the fence decorating thingy but, are they asking for people to compliment it or is it just people making comments? I am basically a minimalist with the decorating we do and I have never tried to compete with any of our neighbors that truly go all out. I have told Mr.Sansan, if they don't like my decorations, screw 'em.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived