IGNORED

Another Duggar courting- Joy and Austin, Pt3

SassyPants

This was the exact same book that JB &a Michelle used with Jill and Derrick and Jessa and Ben after they each became engaged. It was on two episodes.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm sure he wants to marry as many of them as possible while TLC is paying for it, he's got 9 daughters and weddings for at least a 1000 isn't cheap, even if only serving a melted scoop of ice cream in a parking lot. 

True. My fears involved the Josh events and that that may have pushed up the timeline and pushed him to find husbands before he might otherwise have intended. 

1 hour ago, Snarkle Motion said:

True. My fears involved the Josh events and that that may have pushed up the timeline and pushed him to find husbands before he might otherwise have intended. 

I doubt the scandals played a role here. I'm sure that Jinger and Joy, like all the Duggar kids, were emotionally impacted by the fallout at the time as well as by the assaults on Jill, Jessa, and the other unnamed victims becoming public knowledge as well. But I doubt that played a role here and I doubt there would be a massive loss of suitors over the news. Guys willing to marry into this family would likely take the same approach to it as the Duggars - meaning, it's all forgiven because Josh is sorry and Jesus.

Its much more likely to me that they just happened to find guys around the same time and their dad gave the approval because they met whatever criteria he has for potential husbands. Same thing happended with Jessa and Jill. Say what you will about JB, but I honestly don't see him forcing a daughter into a marriage if she clearly does not want it.

Seems like the Forsyth's daughter got married, and they immediately began to look for someone else to help out on the the campground.  Joy? Maybe she welcomes the chance to be a big frog in a small pond.. you know, only one daughter out of two? Or she likes the outdoorsy life and the groom can provide that?

If she wants it, I wish her well.

31 minutes ago, nst said:

some person posted a video of Joy, her husband to be and her brothers carrolling - the husband to be leaned into Joy while singing

Looks like he leaned over to look at the lyrics on her cell phone that she was looking at too.

In another caroling video, I was able to catch a glimpse of Joe (far left) standing next to the girl we were all speculating about at the wedding about them being in a courtship. This is what the third instance we've seen them together. I sense an announcement coming in the near future!

IMG_1925.PNG

18 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Looks like he leaned over to look at the lyrics on her cell phone that she was looking at too.

It's a great excuse to get close to your girlfriend without JB jumping in between like an ass.

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

She's pretty much the only one you can hear singing - front and center - strange that she wouldnt know the words considering the amount of caroling the Duggars do!

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I doubt the scandals played a role here. I'm sure that Jinger and Joy, like all the Duggar kids, were emotionally impacted by the fallout at the time as well as by the assaults on Jill, Jessa, and the other unnamed victims becoming public knowledge as well. But I doubt that played a role here and I doubt there would be a massive loss of suitors over the news. Guys willing to marry into this family would likely take the same approach to it as the Duggars - meaning, it's all forgiven because Josh is sorry and Jesus.

Its much more likely to me that they just happened to find guys around the same time and their dad gave the approval because they met whatever criteria he has for potential husbands. Same thing happended with Jessa and Jill. Say what you will about JB, but I honestly don't see him forcing a daughter into a marriage if she clearly does not want it.

I seriously hope you are right. Given their belief system I feared that JB might have seen certain daughters marriage potential at risk and try to marry them off sooner rather than later. 

3 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I seriously hope you are right. Given their belief system I feared that JB might have seen certain daughters marriage potential at risk and try to marry them off sooner rather than later. 

This is all about a storyline.  This season was Jinger, a fan favorite.  Next season is the wedding and the birth of Seaweed #2.  They will tease the whole Joy thing and try to pimp it to season 3.  Joy has always been prominently featured on the show and is a known entity to the fans. 

Jana and the J'boys really arent characters in the Duggar circus.  JD and Josiah are really the only ones who have any type of on camera personality, and introducing a new woman to the show takes a season - time they dont have when selling a season.

I'd much rather have Nathan Bates's ex Ashley and her sister Anastasia sing carols at me than a passel of Duggers:  

57 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Jana and the J'boys really arent characters in the Duggar circus.  JD and Josiah are really the only ones who have any type of on camera personality, and introducing a new woman to the show takes a season - time they dont have when selling a season.

I have to agree with this. The older girls are easily distinguishable and seem to each have their own personality. The boys, even the older teens and legal adults, don't. They all just sort of blend into one look and personality. 

17 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I have a friend that I've known for about 5 years now, she really opened my eyes to how NOT to talk to infertile women. Like don't give advice, don't say it is meant to be, or that it will happen when you relax, or when you least expect it stuff like that.
(...)
Their adorable baby boy is 7 months old now, but she still doesn't want to hear people talk about how to get pregnant or give advice because she really really knows what is like to be desperate to have a child. 

I think the same goes for a lot of people that have been fighting their own battle. For example, I suffer from a chronic illness and have officialy been disqualified to work, for the rest of my life (I'm not sure what the correct English wording for my situation is).
I get angry (internally) when someone  comes up with an "idea" or a "solution" for my health condition. I know people give advice with their best intentions, but to the person suffering it can come across as an insult.
I'm 30 years old and have been at home since I was 26. Do you really think that I wouldn't have tried anything that could improve my health? I'm not voluntarily in this situation.

So @allthegoodnamesrgone, I really get why your friend wouldn't appreciate the free advice from people around her. And I wanted to add that I'm so so happy for her! My eyes got watery when I read the conclusion of your post!

ps: I hope my post didn't come off as agressive. I often find that I 'm having trouble with writing balanced and nuanced in English (which sucks because in Dutch I'm really good at it and the perfectionist in me wants to be good at everything, hahaha :my_rolleyes:)! All the more reason to keep reading and writing on FJ!

Is Jinger really a fan favorite? If it weren't for FJ, I would only know her as the girl that sits next to Jessa in the talking heads. She doesn't say or do anything that makes her stand out and I never thought she was especially spirited because she rolled her eyes once in awhile. Are there really any fan favorites? Maybe I don't have one because I watch them to snark. Although, I don't find that any of them really stand out.  Maybe Johannah but that may have been because her relationship with Jackson was very cute and normal for that family. 

16 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Is Jinger really a fan favorite? If it weren't for FJ, I would only know her as the girl that sits next to Jessa in the talking heads. She doesn't say or do anything that makes her stand out and I never thought she was especially spirited because she rolled her eyes once in awhile. Are there really any fan favorites? Maybe I don't have one because I watch them to snark. Although, I don't find that any of them really stand out.  Maybe Johannah but that may have been because her relationship with Jackson was very cute and normal for that family. 

When I watched the specials and 16 kids and counting, Jinger was my favorite. I was also a kid at the time (around Joy's age) so I probably liked her just cause she seemed like the most fun. Plus, I think my first episode was the one where she has her driving test, so it was focused on her. 

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

This is all about a storyline.  This season was Jinger, a fan favorite.  Next season is the wedding and the birth of Seaweed #2.  They will tease the whole Joy thing and try to pimp it to season 3.  Joy has always been prominently featured on the show and is a known entity to the fans. 

Strongly disagree about Jana. She is for sure a fan favorite. People are dying to see her married.

29 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Strongly disagree about Jana. She is for sure a fan favorite. People are dying to see her married.

I really hope she keeps her courtship and marriage private. 

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

I would up until her courting and engagement she was an extension of jessa the way Jessa liked it- until Jinge got her own man - they she became someone else entirely. 

21 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

This was the exact same book that JB &a Michelle used with Jill and Derrick and Jessa and Ben after they each became engaged. It was on two episodes.

Speaking of marriage books, I keep looking for that Red,Yellow,Green monstrosity they used in that joke of a movie Old Fashioned.

Lol

On 12/1/2016 at 1:41 PM, nolongerIFBx said:

I found a card in an ATM once time! 

This happened to me today! Bank was still open, so I dropped it off. I felt so bad for the person, at least they took their money. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived