IGNORED

Election Results 2016, Part 2

Destiny

11 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

My Mom just called me and said, "I'm ready to blow." A relative put something on facebook about how Trump isn't racist and sexist. 

I can't even deal with these people and their bullshit. So now it no longer matters if a person says racist and sexist things, that doesn't make them racist and sexist. What a load of bullshit. 

I'm thinking now of that Maya Angelou quote, "When people show you who they are believe them." Trump has shown me who he is, a bigot. And now this relative is showing me who he is, a narrow minded, hypocritical asshole. 

I got off Facebook a couple of weeks before the election and now I do not think I'm going back. 90% of my friends and family are Trump followers. I'm just too disgusted.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also struggling with the thought of Melania as First Lady. Maybe she'll plagiarize more of Michelle Obama's words and deeds.

I hate to add to the bad news, but The Zombie-Eyed Granny Starver has plans for the Trump administration:

And of the issues that did receive any attention, a conspicuously missing one was Paul Ryan’s plan to push Medicare beneficiaries into private health insurance. Reporters just assumed that, since Trump never talked about it, it won’t happen. But Paul Ryan still wants it to happen. And in a Fox News interview with Bret Baier, Ryan said Medicare privatization is on.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/11/paul-ryan-says-medicare-privatization-is-on.html

It would be political suicide to take Medicare benefits away from those already receiving them, but as for the rest of us, there will have to be an age cut off line that will determine if we are grandfathered into the old system. When they've made these noises in the past, that cut off line was somewhere in the 50s.

2 hours ago, apple1 said:

JMO - Never mind her husband. Barbara Bush was and still is a fine woman, actually quite the feminist, always known for having her own opinion that did not always reflect her husband or husband's party's line. A great fighter for literacy.

Just had to get that out. I really like Barbara Bush.

Barbara Bush gave an interview earlier this year where she said she didn't understand how any woman could vote for Trump. I'm still mad at her over the comments she made after hurricane Katrina hit, though.

6 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

So just let me check I have this straight.....48 hours after winning the Presidency of the United States, he's whining? No grace, no empathy, no attempt to bring people together and move forward.

The same guy who previously said he'd protest if he didn't win, and he can't see what's going on here?

Words fail me.......

Oh, but it gets better. On his Twitter account back in 2012, Trump said the following in regards to the 2012 election results:

IMG_1043.PNG

32 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I am also struggling with the thought of Melania as First Lady. Maybe she'll plagiarize more of Michelle Obama's words and deeds.

This meme had me rolling this morning. Hahahahahaha! 

IMG_1044.PNG

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Remember how Donald swore he wouldn't take a salary if he got elected? Someone needs to remind him and his followers of that. It will probably be the first of many promises he breaks.

He also needs to publicly reject federal health coverage for himself and his family  as well as the other standard benefits that come with the job.

I just read a great opinion piece: 

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/11/11/1596688/-We-don-t-need-Lessons-in-Civility-from-Trump-supporters

“Hey, all Trump supporters in my friend group posting about how we have to recognize Mr Trump as our new President and treat him with the respect his office is due: Remember the last 7 years when you called Obama a n^*^r and a Muslim and a non-American and took EVERY opportunity to disrespect, obstruct and tear him down? Remember? Yeah. The hypocrisy is more than I can bear.

Well, apparently you are not allowed to talk ill of the president elect because it is Veterans Day...that is according to a friend's wife on social media. Not sure why, but I hope they realize Trump did everything he could to avoid the draft.  

I saw this on someone's Facebook page and it expresses everything I feel right now: 

Okay, So. Those of you who did not vote for Clinton, the next four years is on you. You own it. If you voted for Trump, every single thing he does is yours. If you voted third party, write in, or sat the whole thing out on purpose, Trump also belongs to you. 

Every single one of you KNOWS what kind of man he is. You know. You made your choice, knowing, eyes wide open, that any action not for Hillary was essentially for him. So he's yours now.

But don't expect me to listen to you whine about how you didn't think it would be like this. Or how you voted your conscience. Or how you were "actually just voting for VP"--WTF? Or how they are both "equally bad"--they aren't and you know it. Deep down, you do. You absolutely knew, and you chose him anyway.

Everything he does, I will remind you--you chose him. I will absolutely throw it in your face. Every. Single. Time. I will hang him around your necks and make you breathe in the stench of your own choice. 

Somehow, I've got to find a way to still love you, even though you knowingly supported hate, racism, sexism, homophobia, violence. Sexual assault. Incompetence.

Even though I'm now questioning your character. 

But don't think for a minute that this is over or that in two weeks it won't matter anymore, or that the divisions will melt away. Your choice repulses me. He's a mirror of you, of whatever hatred and bigotry is in your heart. By your own decision. And I can't respect that.

But hey, maybe it won't be so bad, right? Maybe you'll be proven right--maybe he'll make America "great" again, whatever the hell that means. In that case, I'll gladly give all the credit to you too. 

But if I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Yeah, this is harsh. I'm not sorry. Your choice in this election has the very real potential to hurt a great many vulnerable people. If that happens, you deserve harsh. You don't deserve to forget. 

Because you knew, and you did it anyway.

6 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

I saw this on someone's Facebook page and it expresses everything I feel right now: 

I think this is exactly why so many of us were shocked breathless on election night...because we all KNEW. We saw and heard all the ISMs flow from Trump's mouth. Heard his denials and lies. KNOW his clear deficiencies in both temperament and knowledge. YET DESPITE all of these KNOWNS, people still voted for him in droves. WTH. Denial is more than a long river.

I'm just stunned by the hatefulness of my relatives. They constantly post Bible quotes and pat themselves on the back for how moral and Godly they think they are and yet their morals are rotten to the core. I can't ever look at any of them the same way again. 

I guess the only good thing is that the bigots are now out in the open where we can see them. They're still trying to hide behind the Bible but they are now totally exposed for the hateful hypocrites that they are. 

The only comfort I find now is that they will pay for this in other ways. I have already seen people all over social media - loving, amazing Christians - who are saying they have lost faith in the church now. Their already diminishing numbers will diminish even more. And they deserve the loss. They whine and complain all over social media that the world is not Godly enough and the church is losing so many members and yet they show not one bit of self awareness about the part they have played in that. They have done, and continue to do, more damage to God's image than anything the non-religious that they judge have ever done. But they're such self-involved hypocrites that they will never admit it. 

At this point, witha  few days to reflect, I'm more worried about the bigots who feel empowered by Trump's election than I am about Trump's election. Yes, we're going to lose ground, but I don't think it will be as much as could be feared. For instance, Republicans have a majority in the Senate, but it's very slim -- they have 52 seats. You need 60  votes to get anything to pass. But by giving Trump a pass on his vile comments, the country has told the bigots they're okay with them. They're stepping boldy into the light. Here's hoping it's easier to squash them now that they're not hiding under rocks. 

It's been a horrible week. I'm not an American, but I am feeling so broken by this.  I know there's been increasing intolerance growing all over the world- I am seeing it in my own country too-  it's disappointing and it scares me. But I didn't realize until this week the amount of insidious hate and mistrust that's been festering just below the surface, even in people I never thought were intolerant and racist. I am stunned by it. So much of it!  And having those that support Trump expecting everyone else to accept the unacceptable, and be so dismissive and sometimes downright flippant about it, has me questioning the values of more people than ever before. I cannot reconcile their choice when who they chose stands for so much division and hate. I cry seeing how it's already begun, people being told to go back to Mexico. I understand Trump didn't turn these people into the shitty people that they are, but now that they have someone leading the country that shares their intolerant views, there are many who see that as the green light to be more openly hateful. I guess we'll see how many racist and misogynistic people there really are.

Republicans are already mad at Trump: 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/conservatives-vs-trumps-infrastructure-plan-231221?utm_source=huffingtonpost.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pubexchange

One of Donald Trump’s top campaign promises — a trillion-dollar program to rebuild highways, tunnels, bridges and airports — is already meeting resistance from conservatives.

If Trump's rise wasn't hurting so many innocent people, I would find this so entertaining to watch. 

I am still taking a small amount of joy in seeing how they're already clashing. So let's review; on day one they were mad at him for not locking up Clinton and Obama and now by day 3 they're already mad at him again. He's not even in office yet and they're already disappointed. And they deserve every bit of that disappointment. 

1 hour ago, RoseWilder said:

I'm just stunned by the hatefulness of my relatives. They constantly post Bible quotes and pat themselves on the back for how moral and Godly they think they are and yet their morals are rotten to the core. I can't ever look at any of them the same way again. 

I guess the only good thing is that the bigots are now out in the open where we can see them. They're still trying to hide behind the Bible but they are now totally exposed for the hateful hypocrites that they are. 

The only comfort I find now is that they will pay for this in other ways. I have already seen people all over social media - loving, amazing Christians - who are saying they have lost faith in the church now. Their already diminishing numbers will diminish even more. And they deserve the loss. They whine and complain all over social media that the world is not Godly enough and the church is losing so many members and yet they show not one bit of self awareness about the part they have played in that. They have done, and continue to do, more damage to God's image than anything the non-religious that they judge have ever done. But they're such self-involved hypocrites that they will never admit it. 

Maybe they'll rethink things when they have a sprained shoulder from the patting themselves on the back and can't get treatment because their insurance has been cancelled.

13 hours ago, Mecca said:

Well, that did not take long. Poor little Trump is all upset because there are people protesting against him. That dang pesky First Amendment is bothering him again. Boo hoo.     

IMG_1042.PNG

Lol! Aww poor, privileged Donnie Dumbfuck has such a hard life. Boo fucking hoo! Just wait until he has to face the press corps at the White House for a press conference unless he decides to get rid of them too. 

The Obamas sure are a classier and nicer bunch of people than me. I'd have told Trump to shove it up his ass yesterday. I'm going to miss the current administration so much. When January 20th comes around I'll be dressing all in black for days to mourn.

I'm not wearing black (yet?), but I just put a safety pin on my shirt.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58251b53e4b0c4b63b0c11a9

By fastening a safety pin to their clothing, people are declaring themselves allies to groups who have been maligned by Trump, to show that they stand in solidarity with anyone who might be afraid.

Anyone else experiencing an open season for sexism? The comments I'm getting are appalling. In some ways, though, it confirms what I've always maintained: that America is a deeply, deeply misogynistic culture, and these ideas still exist, even though it was considered less appropriate to voice them. It's going to be a tough four years. 

30 minutes ago, HeathenBlondie said:

Lol! Aww poor, privileged Donnie Dumbfuck has such a hard life. Boo fucking hoo! Just wait until he has to face the press corps at the White House for a press conference unless he decides to get rid of them too. 

The Obamas sure are a classier and nicer bunch of people than me. I'd have told Trump to shove it up his ass yesterday. I'm going to miss the current administration so much. When January 20th comes around I'll be dressing all in black for days to mourn.

I'm dressing in all black now.

28 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Anyone else experiencing an open season for sexism? The comments I'm getting are appalling. In some ways, though, it confirms what I've always maintained: that America is a deeply, deeply misogynistic culture, and these ideas still exist, even though it was considered less appropriate to voice them. It's going to be a tough four years. 

Thankfully, some guys do get it. One of my coworkers is super disappointed his daughters aren't going to participate in a walkout protest at their school, because he knows that as women, they are one of the groups at risk. 

40 minutes ago, HeathenBlondie said:

That's true, the Obamas are classier than I probably would have been in that situation. Unfortunately, when it's Trump's turn to meet his successor, he's not going to show any class at all.

My sister married a really great guy who unfortunately has a lot of racist and sexist relatives. 

She is getting seriously freaked out by their Facebook posts. 

I have had to talk her down from the ledge in recent days. 

I don't know people like that IRL or on social media. I'm lucky, I guess.

It seems to me that rule #1 of living on this planet is to be kind to other people.  It's the first thing they teach you in nursery school. 

Racism and sexism would not exist if kids learned the lesson of kindness at an early age. 

Still trying to make sense of this election and not having much luck.... :/

4 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

That's true, the Obamas are classier than I probably would have been in that situation. Unfortunately, when it's Trump's turn to meet his successor, he's not going to show any class at all.

Because he's never had to. He sees himself as better than your average citizen and that the rules do not apply to him.

His supporters validated that entitled attitude and he validated their hatred and all the other ISMs-

It's open season.

It will get really ugly when Trump's ridiculous promises (banning, deporting, wall building, jobs for all, lower taxes and debt) do not come to fruition. These folks lack logic.

On Melania Trump: can someone on her staff please, please, please tell her peek-a-boo boobies are not appropriate for the First Lady. Also save the evening wear for the evening state dinners. I'm already hearing comparisons to the great Jackie. Mrs Kennedy was first and foremost a Lady; Mrs Trump if you seek to emulate her, please remeber this.

http://us14.campaign-archive1.com/?u=3a2a46a0ef67412eaa5d55987&id=80fa3f86ab&e=986ab0939d

Have we seen this? are we talking about it? slow internet + nursing baby means i can only skim. 

he put 3 of his kids on as "advisors"

i don't know many of the names on the list I'll admit.  but i think it's crazy that he went from "i alone can fix this" and "i'm an outsider, those washington insiders are evil" to "here's my list of experienced [read washington insider] folks that i need help from."  of course you can't do it alone trump. 

also, looks like pence is getting a massive role already.  so not only is it "i [trump] alone" fixing it, but the transition team as already been handed over to his vp.

i just want to throw up right now.  every new statement from him is a nail in the coffin.  he wants to get in and move fast before anyone knows what's going on and before he can be stopped.

every day is more and more like hitler's germany.

1 hour ago, HeathenBlondie said:

My money is on no press conference.  He will control which media he's actively part of. You can be assured that the propaganda will be at it's finest.

I miss obama already. I feel so bad that he's been let down by the american people so horribly. He has worked so hard to do right by this country.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived