IGNORED

Election Results 2016, Part 2

Destiny

For the first time ever, I have used up all my daily allottment of downvotes. With more to give, darn it! The lunatic fringe has arrived in this thread.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lilichka said:

Not at all. If you have substance to add, I'm willing to hear it. If you have nothing left to say and thus revert to sarcastic ad hominem remarks, I must say that my position must have emerged relevant.

Newsweek has some substance:

All of the NATO allies are sure Russia is behind the hacking. All of America’s intelligence agencies are, too. The foreign intelligence services had been sharing what they knew about this with the Americans, and Trump had been told about it. But he blithely dismissed the conclusion of not only the United States but its allies as well, based on absolutely nothing. Trump had no apparent means of developing his own information to contradict the findings of intelligence agencies around the world. And that he would so aggressively fight to clear Putin and cast aspersions on all Western intelligence agencies, left the British officials slack-jawed.

There's a lot more there, if you can read it from Bizarro World.

1 minute ago, Lilichka said:

I understand you have no substantial comeback. Thank you for the vindication.

You understand correctly.  No substantial comeback at all!  To the victor goes the vindication.  I know when I've been beat.

5 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

For the first time ever, I have used up all my daily allottment of downvotes. With more to give, darn it! The lunatic fringe has arrived in this thread.

The lunatic fringe is the only one referencing the issues and requesting you refrain from ad hominems and instead cite facts and contribute to a logical discussion. 

Regardless, I will be celebrating with my students that due to Hilary's failure, the likelyhood of continued regime change, invasions, drone strikes, and civilian deaths has just lessened.

5 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Arrived and helpfully explaining to us how to contribute to discussions. 

3 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I know when I've been beat.

Sarcasm, for the win! :dance:

2 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Arrived and helpfully explaining to us how to contribute to discussions. 

Yep -- if wackjob assertions don't do the trick, you can always tell people they're doing it wrong.

5 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Sarcasm, for the win! :dance:

Still waiting for logical input. Do you have none? I have not called you names nor ridiculed you. I instead reference facts. I genuinely wish you would do the same. Too many meaningful discussions are lost because one  side shuts down and mocks the other when the validity of their values are threatened.

3 minutes ago, Lilichka said:

I instead reference facts. I genuinely wish you would do the same.

Just posted this upthread. You may have missed it because you were chastising us:

13 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Newsweek has some substance:

All of the NATO allies are sure Russia is behind the hacking. All of America’s intelligence agencies are, too. The foreign intelligence services had been sharing what they knew about this with the Americans, and Trump had been told about it. But he blithely dismissed the conclusion of not only the United States but its allies as well, based on absolutely nothing. Trump had no apparent means of developing his own information to contradict the findings of intelligence agencies around the world. And that he would so aggressively fight to clear Putin and cast aspersions on all Western intelligence agencies, left the British officials slack-jawed.

There's a lot more there, if you can read it from Bizarro World.

9 minutes ago, Lilichka said:

The lunatic fringe is the only one referencing the issues and requesting you refrain from ad hominems and instead cite facts and contribute to a logical discussion. 

Regardless, I will be celebrating with my students that due to Hilary's failure, the likelyhood of continued regime change, invasions, drone strikes, and civilian deaths has just lessened.

How did you know I was referring to you? No ad hominem here, not talking about you personally, just about the nonsense you are spouting. 

We have been referencing the issues, as you say, long before you showed up.

13 minutes ago, Lilichka said:

Could you be anymore condescending? Even if we take the time to provide you with information, you won't read it

51 minutes ago, Lilichka said:

Nope, just an informed American who has lived in South Korea, Russia and Chinaand is Multilingual. 

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-election-day/trump-victory-russians-relieved-about-republican-win-over-clinton-n681616

The Russians are ready for peace. I am too.

Everyone needs to calm down

I would like to see any "proof" you have of ties between Russia and Trump. 

HIllary saying "The Russians hacked us" is not proof. 

However, I can provide proof that after Bill gave a speech in Moscow and was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars,  Hillary allowed Putin to take 20% of our uranium supply. Uranium is essential for nuclear weapons.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0

The Russians have their tanks ready to invade Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina the second Orange Boy pulls us from NATO. They do nothing but train and aide the genocidal country of Serbia. They will NEVER be a country that promotes peace. You're not going to teach this Slavic woman anything new about the way politics work over there.

5 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

How did you know I was referring to you? No ad hominem here, not talking about you personally, just about the nonsense you are spouting. 

We have been referencing the issues, as you say, long before you showed up.

You again attacked me by claiming I'm quoting nonsense, without refuting my claims.  I have not attacked you. I am requesting you maintain a respectful tone. I want to have a discussion, without name calling.

5 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Just posted this upthread. You may have missed it because you were chastising us:

As I said before, I requested proof that Trump is a puppet.

I have stated numerous times the Russians support Trump, and they may or may not have hacked Clinton's emails. I don't blaim them. They prefer Trump because he is not talking about going to war with them.

Frankly, if they did hack the DNC's emails we should thank them for revealing all the deceit, lies and corruption.

That does not mean he is their puppet. Besides, do you want a war with Russia? Russia has nuclear weapons. The US has never invaded a country with nuclear weapons.

5 hours ago, JoyfulSel said:

The Russians have their tanks ready to invade Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina the second Orange Boy pulls us from NATO. They do nothing but train and aide the genocidal country of Serbia. They will NEVER be a country that promotes peace. You're not going to teach this Slavic woman anything new about the way politics work over there.

Source? Source?

5 hours ago, bashfulpixie said:

Could you be anymore condescending? Even if we take the time to provide you with information, you won't read it

Everyone should celebrate the prospect of fewer wars, regime changes, and civilian deaths. Don't you?

10 minutes ago, Lilichka said:

Source? Source?

Look up "Slav Brotherhood 2016." Not that difficult. This sort of training has been going on for years. Unless you're asking for sources on Serbia committing genocide (with the aide of Russia), in which case the slaughter of my family is enough.

10 minutes ago, Lilichka said:

As I said before, I requested proof that Trump is a puppet.

The Newsweek article makes it clear that Trump is Putin's puppet. 

Look up "Slav Brotherhood 2016." Not that difficult. This sort of training has been going on for years. Unless you're asking for sources on Serbia committing genocide (with the aide of Russia), in which case the slaughter of my family is enough.

I'm talking about the present Russia, Putin's Russia, and proof that Putin is really ready to "invade" countries. He may have military bases on the boarder and be protecting his border, and those bases have been there for years. He is protecting his border.

I'm truly sorry for the history of your familiy, but I'm referencing the present. All countries (including the US) have ugly histories where genocide is concerned.

Just now, Lilichka said:

I'm discussing the present Russia, Putin's Russia. I would like information that Putin is really ready to invade countries. He may have military bases on borders which have been there for decades, and that is not proof he is ready to invade. He is protecting his border.

Protecting his border from what?! RUSSIA DOES NOT BORDER CROATIA NOR BOSNIA. He has NO business doing anything there besides his help for the Serbs. He, Putin, is AIDING the Serbians by sending Russian troops and tanks to militarize and train them. Serbs are mad because they had to stop massacring my people when NATO finally dropped bombs on their sorry asses. They are getting help from the Russians to "reclaim" Kosovo and some territories they erroneously think they lost in the Yugoslav War. Fuck that.

7 minutes ago, Lilichka said:

I'm truly sorry for the history of your familiy, but I'm referencing the present. All countries (including the US) have ugly histories where genocide is concerned.

This happened in the 90s. Not that long ago.

Protecting his border from what?! RUSSIA DOES NOT BORDER CROATIA NOR BOSNIA. He has NO business doing anything there besides his help for the Serbs. He, Putin, is AIDING the Serbians by sending Russian troops and tanks to militarize and train them. Serbs are mad because they had to stop massacring my people when NATO finally dropped bombs on their sorry asses. They are getting help from the Russians to "reclaim" Kosovo and some territories they erroneously think they lost in the Yugoslav War. Fuck that.

You have proof Russia is in Serbia? RIght now?

I said earlier, Slavic Brotherhood 2016 is occurring right now.

I've read about the Slavic Bortherhood and I understand the Serbian government is choosing to join forces with Russia. http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/russia-security-chief-advocates-closer-ties-to-serbia-10-26-2016-1

This appears to be a conscious effort by the government and some people, not an invasion.

Also, what would Putin be protecting his country against? Nato expansion. Nato has surrounded Russian, after the agreement between Roosevelt and Gorbachev that Nato would not expand past Germany. Imagine if Russia surrounded the US with bases in Mexico and Canada.

Just now, Lilichka said:

I've read about the Slavic Bortherhood and I understand the Serbian government is choosing to join forces with Russia. http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/russia-security-chief-advocates-closer-ties-to-serbia-10-26-2016-1

This appears to be a conscious effort by the government and some people, not an invasion.

Yes, and why do we think Serbia is joining forces with Russia in military exercises?

Yes, and why do we think Serbia is joining forces with Russia in military exercises?

Because they want to be allies with Russia. I want to say respectfully that this is not Russia invading a country but a country choosing an ally. The same reason the Us does military drills in a shocking number of countries.

Just now, Lilichka said:

Because they want to be allies with Russia. I want to say respectfully that this is not Russia invading a country but a country choosing an ally. The same reason the Us does military drills in a shocking number of countries.

I'm not sure about your knowledge of Balkan politics, but Serbia going out of it's way to make allies with Russia is not for them to have a jolly good time and chug back beers. Since the war ended in 1999, Serbs have been whining about losing Montenegro (which thankfully separated from their oppressors), Kosovo, and random lands that never belonged to them in both south Croatia and south/west BiH. This is an offensive by them. This is a "Look at us fellow Balkan nations, we have big bad Russia on our side!!" Their president is a verified CETNIK! This is a mobilization and training of their armies; Serbia was the aggressor in the 90s when Yugoslavia fell apart, and if Croatia doesn't stand strong with NATO, there will be another war. And I will be DAMNED if the war that forced my family to flee because of genocide happens again. (See, Srebrenica) Again, this was in the 1990s, not forever ago!

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived