IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen- Part 23: Even more Duggary

samurai_sarah

19 hours ago, Denim Jumper said:

Is it weird that the first thing I saw in the upper right corner of the box is an unwrapped condom? :giggle:

That DOES look like a condom :pb_lol:

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, paulypepper said:

Okay for some odd reason I want the Razorback Barbie, and dammit is all that these kids get for their birthdays some kind of ice cream soda and 15 or so minutes with their mom and dad?

It's called "quality time". When I spend time w/my parents, I (& they) never call it "quality time". It's time spent with them, & it occasionally is "quality", but it's usually shenanigans & driving them crazy.  ;) 

21 hours ago, paulypepper said:

Okay for some odd reason I want the Razorback Barbie, and dammit is all that these kids get for their birthdays some kind of ice cream soda and 15 or so minutes with their mom and dad?

IDK- the October birthday younger girls (Hannie and Mack) got Jana and one of the-they-all-look-the-same J'Boys (maybe Jason?) No JB or M. No Josh or Anna.

On 11/16/2016 at 0:49 PM, Suz8710 said:

They said he completed a one year program on something like living a Christ centered life

Good lord, these people can't even get a proper RELIGIOUS education! Why not go to a real school and study theology or divinity or whatever the real degree is called???

On 11/16/2016 at 6:09 PM, odalisque said:

Oh, no, fundies do not do extended breastfeeding! They wean so they can get their fertility back and start making more babies as soon as possible!

I'd say Michelle Duggar does that, not all fundies. 

I have the Alabama Crimson Tide Barbie. And I just have to say ROLL TIDE! Bama is kicking ass!

On 11/15/2016 at 7:59 PM, eleanora3 said:

The Duggars aren't even bothering to try writing individualized birthday messages anymore...

Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 7.58.35 PM.png

I used to wash dishes at an eating club at my college. Nothing would make my urge to kill rise faster than that dessert.

Also, I cannot for a second believe that every single Duggar kid truly wants to celebrate their birthday with some cheap sundae that looks like Sierra barfed in a glass and stuck a candle in it. How lazy are Meeechelle and Jim Bob that they can't inject even a speck of individuality into their children's birthdays? I get not doing full-on parties, but at least make/buy each kid a unique dessert.

but in that way they couldn't say that rhey spent the exact time with each children.Plus someone could feel more important than someone else because they buy a more expensive dessert...

I think it's two fold:

Decades of talking to babies 24/7.  I did the same when my kids were little.  They squeal in excitement, so you squeal, lol.

And she might have a higher pitched voice to begin with,  so maybe her trying to sound meek and sweet, adds like a whole octave to her pitch?

I agree that it is a result of being around many children but..... it's also a conscious effort to sound sweet and submissive while also being manipulative. I'm sure she thinks it's endearing.  JB might love that "sexy baby" talk:my_sick:

I think it is practice to sounding sweet and submissive. Same with the adoring looks she gives JM. All of it is an act to show how holy and gothard (leagistic) she is so she can get to heaven because she is the "right kind of Christian"

I think Michelle had anger issues in the past (like a short temper) and this voice is one way she tries to hide it/control it. She wants to keep sweet. I have heard her true voice on the show and it does sound like it could get rather harsh. And that's not what a sweet wife would sound like.

1 hour ago, Fun Undies said:

I think it's two fold:

Decades of talking to babies 24/7.  I did the same when my kids were little.  They squeal in excitement, so you squeal, lol.

And she might have a higher pitched voice to begin with,  so maybe her trying to sound meek and sweet, adds like a whole octave to her pitch?

I think the baby voice is a cake with many layers.

First of all, it appears that she hasn't enjoyed the best high school education, much less been to college or at least gotten vocational training. Michelle has hence not been in a learning environment for 33 years, and has evolved neither intellectually nor emotionally since. Her children don't got to school, therefore no chance of learning from and with them, or getting some new input every now and then. They have, much rather, enjoyed a sub-par fakeucation by their undereducated mother and thus, are even less able to form an opinion and speak their mind. How would Michelle be able to have or follow an educated, intellectual conversation that would bestow her speech with depth? Her rather simple language (apart from the fakeucated Gothard-talk) may add to the impression that she is baby-talking.

Secondly, Michelle has been under the influence of a patriarchal, anti-intellectual cult for decades. Her cult uses brain-washing and guilt-tripping as its main operating devices. The only way to survive in the IBLP environment is to identify with the cult's ideal of a mother and wife to 100%:  meek, quiet, soft-spoken, silent, contained and child-like. There may as well be a psychological component behind the high-pitched voice and the baby talk. I guess a woman like Michelle, who got it drilled into her head over decades that she is unworthy, and undeserving, and a sinner would want to portray herself as innocent and unimposing as possible, both to the outside world and to herself. Her cult does not endorse powerful and educated women. Advanced language and speech are an indicator of self-confidence and education. No need for that in Duggar-land.

Thirdly, this woman's had 19 children and 6 1/2 grandchildren. They only ever spent time with people of their cult, all of which have more children than any sane parent could ever handle. Parents tend to adapt their own speech to their children's speech. Once parents meet other parents, the kiddie-talk and baby-speech usually raises to higher power. Btw, formerly educated and sane people are just as unresistant to this phenomenon as cult robots like Michelle.

Last but not least, there's the possibility that she has a high-pitched voice and to keep it low, she's talking slowly and uses kindergarten-talk to make it sound less daunting. 

I really think it's a mix of all the above.

I have a friend who is from there, (he's never said anything about the Duggars) but he took his family to that grill when they visited. The whole Facebook post was basically about that dessert! It is very good!

Did anyone notice during the wedding how Michelle is no longer able to stand up straight? When she was going back to her seat after that candle ceremony. she was really hunched over. She really needs to go to a doctor asap. Her bones might be in trouble after all those pregnancies. I know she always tried to work out and stuff but she needs vitamins and medication.

Meeeechelle looks as though she is developing what was called a Dowergers (sp) hump when I was little ( if I recall correctly). Tiny old ladies almost bent double sometimes. Caused by umpteen pregnancies and not enough calcium in their diets. I'm a 60s baby so at a guess they would have started having children around the time of WW1. 

I hope that Meechelle has had the sense to visit a real Doctor to check if she does have Osteoparosis (sp) or not.  A broken hip after a fall is a horrible thing to have to recover from.

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

Meeeechelle looks as though she is developing what was called a Dowergers (sp) hump when I was little ( if I recall correctly). Tiny old ladies almost bent double sometimes. Caused by umpteen pregnancies and not enough calcium in their diets. I'm a 60s baby so at a guess they would have started having children around the time of WW1. 

I hope that Meechelle has had the sense to visit a real Doctor to check if she does have Osteoparosis (sp) or not.  A broken hip after a fall is a horrible thing to have to recover from.

With todays technology and advancement in medicine, there's really no excuse for her to not take care of herself. She had no problem getting help for Princess Josie. But she has 19 children and 6 grandkids that she should want to stick around and look over. Yes I know it sounds weird and she's not a real mom but most moms would want to take care of themselves for their families betterment.

To be fair, I have a chronic illness, as well as ADD, and I skip my medication all the time (like, sometimes, even every other day). 
I know it's horrible, and how can I stick around and take care of my kiddos long term if I'm not taking care myself (and really, overall I do good), but man it's HARD for some people (including me).  We don't really know what her private health situation is, and sure, we can make guesses based on photos, and I don't even disagree with what's been suggested so far, but I don't know, guess I'm playing devil's advocate! 

Guess I'm basically trying to suggest that there could be many reasons for her need of orthopedic shoes, having a dowager's hump, slouching, etc, but in reality, we don't exactly know what she is/isn't doing in her daily self care routine.  For all we know, she's doing everything she can, and still has medical issues - in the end, it's unfortunately not just lifestyle, but genetics, and age that determine long term health.

On 11/18/2016 at 9:31 AM, Pretzel said:

Last but not least, there's the possibility that she has a high-pitched voice and to keep it low, she's talking slowly and uses kindergarten-talk to make it sound less daunting. 

Or she could just be nuts.

On 11/18/2016 at 7:31 AM, Pretzel said:

I think the baby voice is a cake with many layers.

.snip.

I just realized why I can't stand Michelle's voice... It reminds me too much of soft spoken/whispering ASMR videos on YouTube. I don't know how people find those videos/sounds relaxing. They put me on edge more than nails on a chalkboard.

On 11/18/2016 at 1:51 PM, Gobsmacked said:

In a few years, she'll look like my grandma. My grandma is 94 years old and has such a pronounced dowager hump that she looks like a question mark. Thus far she's managed her osteoporosis (which she's had as long as I've been alive) well by exercising regularly (and only having two kids), but it's really slowing her down a lot now. I know that 48's a long way off from 94, but if Michelle doesn't seek proper medical attention and manage her bone issues consistently, she won't have the pretty remarkable mobility my grandma's managed to hold onto for this long (though she really should start using a walker or a cane now, but won't out of pride). She should also urge her daughters to get lots of exercise, eat healthy diets, and take their vitamins, since a family history of bone problems puts you at a higher risk of developing them. It's why I'm religious about eating enough calcium and exercising a lot now in my 20s, so that maybe I won't need a walker in my 70s, or a hip/knee replacement in my 60s.

I have Osteoporosis in my ripe old 30's and I was getting a dowagers hump, but now it seems to have eased.

Until recently, I used to walk with my walking stick / cane which I was a bit slouched over to use, not sure if both are related.

I walk without stick now and am standing up straighter and the hump seems to have taken a rest for now.

Honestly I have never thought to ask if it was a dowagers hump in the first place and why did it go away?

Does anyone else think Jill looks like she's aged a decade since Israel was born? She does not look happy to me. Sad and upset in her eyes now.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived