IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen- Part 23: Even more Duggary

samurai_sarah

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what thread to post this in.

So I noticed the Duggar Family FB page put up photos of everyone "making some great family memories" with the hashtag Thanksgiving. They posted them tonight. I see Anna, Josh, and the kids.

But over on Instagram, David Waller posted a Thanksgiving video where you can also see the M kids.

Once again, looks like the Duggars are messing with the "timeline" or whatever. Why do they try to sort of fake stuff like that? It's just weird to me.

(Oh....and unrelated....but The Paine family posted a group photo and Tabitha is standing next to some guy. So I guess any chance of her and JD hooking up is out the window. Ha!)

16 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

So I noticed the Duggar Family FB page put up photos of everyone "making some great family memories" with the hashtag Thanksgiving. They posted them tonight. I see Anna, Josh, and the kids.

But over on Instagram, David Waller posted a Thanksgiving video where you can also see the M kids.

Once again, looks like the Duggars are messing with the "timeline" or whatever. Why do they try to sort of fake stuff like that? It's just weird to me.

(Oh....and unrelated....but The Paine family posted a group photo and Tabitha is standing next to some guy. So I guess any chance of her and JD hooking up is out the window. Ha!)

I saw those - josh is sitting on the floor, joy looks pertrubed and  Anna has spud on her lap and Jill's hair is like to her knees. 

won't comment whether she looks pregnant 

and they posted a picture of their new child the adopted one with his name. 

I see Tablitha :)

And pickles just posted they were awarded guardianship of the new child

2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

The Duggars have been there since Monday. The guardianship was signed off on the 21st, but Travis Story signed off for the petitioners, who apparently just had to initial in a few spots.

Also, on Monday  Jill was wearing that blue dress/Fugg boot combo seen in SFO pics (pics with Amy and Dillon from the Dixie Stampede on IG to back it up). It's conceivable that Smuganna left on Tuesday or Wednesday for Florida. 

Watched a repeat episode of Dr. Pol last night, & there was a lady that had an injured horse (said horse had jammed a stick into his chest; one of Dr. Pol's associate vets came out to the farm to treat the horse's injury). Not sure if anyone else caught this or not, but the lady that owned the horse looks a helluva lot like Jinger (almost like a twin).

I couldn't help but think that this would be an awesome outcome to Jinger's married life: have a farm with horses, a few kids (notice I said few, not a gazillion) & (appear to) be an independent woman.

11 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Yeah, I noticed too. I wonder if they're courting. Tabitha is like 30, but to seems to have more freedom than other fundie single girls.

On 11/3/2016 at 5:15 PM, marmalade said:

Mechelle as a toddler. It's so strange to see her without the poodle mullet. I see a little Jessa in the mouth. 

Totally see miss jessa blessa in this one!! Too cute!! 

On 11/12/2016 at 5:49 PM, calimojo said:

We won't see Anna leave Josh either.  All of the recent pics we have seen of them together is the Duggar's reply to the recent rumors.  Anna may have gone so far as to see a lawyer, but she was brought under control again by the family.  In the pics with The Wallers and the one with Jessa, Ben and Jana, she looks sad to me.  But note, they made sure in both photos she has her hand on his arm.  She looks like she was told to do that, to make it look like she can stand to have contact with him. 

On a different subject, I have been thinking about the family as a whole.  Honestly,  I think they probably have a pretty decent life.  They seem to have a lot of social contacts and have people over to the house often.  The married kidults with children get tons of help with their kids, so that must be good.  They have no financial worries (at this point), and seemingly few responsibilities.  I don't think JB and M are very involved on a daily basis with the kids lives anymore, except maybe to lead some daily worship time.  So the middles and littles are not getting the dogma shoved down their throats constantly, and they most certainly aren't be subjected to the same kind of discipline that the older ones were. 

I don't think we are going to see them break away because they don't have much of a level of discomfort with their life.  If they have a kid who is gay or trans,  they might be ones to break away because no way would that be tolerated, but if all 19 are straight, which is possible, then I just don't think they are living with enough discomfort to irritate them enough to make them consider leaving. 

When people leave a cult it happens because they are uncomfortable.  They are unhappy.  Or,  they are getting a glimpse of life away from the cult that attracts them.  The duggars have a sweet little life.  They are celebs in their own social circle which affords them all kinds of special treatment,  they want for nothing when it comes to material possessions, or necessities, and they don't have to work very hard in order to enjoy the good life.  Jana, who might have wanted to escape when she had a whole bunch of middles and littles to raise, now has mostly self-sufficient kids to take care of, and they bring in outside help for the homeschooling, so that isn't her responsibility.  She can dabble in her interior design projects, or gardening, and daddy foots the bill.  Cheaply, but he does pay for it.  And the longer she delays marriage the smaller her own brood will be.    They all seem pretty happy and content, except for Josh and poor Anna.  Who at least is getting help raising her kids even if she has to be there for Josh.

I doubt Anna will never leave.  Women are taught to pick up the pieces and keep going.  This was posted on Pickles and it's a [fundie] blogger saying how much Anna was an inspiration and how she saved her (the bloggers) marriage. If Anna is "an inspiration" and someone they are praising as being a Godly wife, who stays the course so to speak there is not going to be people within' her circle saying "Leave him anna, its ok"  And quite the opposite.  I think it would be not just walking away from her marriage but potentially her other family, which is also her church, and her support. But that's just my thought!

anna4.png

So they are now permanent guardians for Tyler???  I was hoping it would be temporary and his mom would be able to get her life back together both for her as well as his sake.  The Duggar homestead is stable but I hate that they have another child to fill with the hateful form of Christianity.   

1 hour ago, chipmunk said:

Why isn't John-David married?

There are lots of theories on here about why both John and Jana are unmarried, I suggest you try reading the recent Duggar threads to find some of those theories. But despite all our speculation the only person who can actually answer this question is John.

Duggar Family Official Facebook page posted a pic of Mack with various leaves but they spelled Mackynzie wrong....I guess they really don't know their own children or grandchildren that well. :P

1 hour ago, Bugaboo said:

Duggar Family Official Facebook page posted a pic of Mack with various leaves but they spelled Mackynzie wrong....I guess they really don't know their own children or grandchildren that well. :P

Haha, oh my goodness. I checked the edit history of the post and it wasn't even close to how she spells it. They had "McKenzie". 

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 4.48.19 PM.png

Wow. I wonder if that means some non-family member runs their site.

Or maybe they really are just dumb.

Or maybe they posted from their phone, and it autocorrected?? I have a child with a differently spelled common name, and my phone autocorrects every time.  If I'm in a hurry, it can appear I spelled her name wrong, b/c my phone autocorrected.

I have a friend, who's from another country and has a name from that country, and my phone INSISTS on calling him "Bambi." That is actually one letter off from his real name, and if I'm texting in a hurry I don't have time to change it. Sooooo Bambi it is, until I figure out how to make my phone accept foreign names.

If the Duggar boys do get married, it will be interesting to see if the future Duggar wives will be able to compete with their sister in laws wedding.  Jinger hired a "professional" singer, they were "gifted" a flower wall (those things are cheap) and the dress longer than Jessa's.  So....yeah.

On 11/25/2016 at 0:31 PM, JMO said:

So they are now permanent guardians for Tyler???  I was hoping it would be temporary and his mom would be able to get her life back together both for her as well as his sake.  The Duggar homestead is stable but I hate that they have another child to fill with the hateful form of Christianity.   

I've never heard it called permanent guardianship, just full or temporary. Arkansas must do things differently... 

I do hope Arkansas does the yearly visits by a GAL. 

And lord, I hope Tyler is safe and happy with them and not forced into some child-robot role. Poor kid is probably going through enough. 

On autocorrect,  my phone blows a gasket every time I get a text from either my Aunt or some of my cousin who use the voice app-I usually have to call to get a translation.  Guess I need an Iphone.. I understand that Siri understands accents

Sorry, this is going to be a total rant and I didn't know where to put this. But as a linguist and language nerd I've been wanting to do this post for a very long time: the last names are as interesting to me as the first names they give to their children because it says a lot about where the male line of the family comes from. So here it goes: I want to list all the Duggars and Bates inlaws last names and the language (and probably country) they originated from. I didn't look any of these up so, please, correct me if you have a different opinion or know I'm wrong:

Last name - language

-------------------------

Duggar - English (maybe French, but if French then definitely Old French because the spelling today would be different)

Ruark - Celtic language (Irish (Ireland), Scottish (Scottland) or Breton (France))

Keller - German

Dillard - French (could be English, too, if you count the Normans that invaded England around 900 - 1000 - 1100 ( ? ) and who brought the French language count as English)

Seewald - German

Vuolo - Italian

Waller - could be either English or German (both are possible 50 : 50)

Forsyth - Celtic language, probably Welsh, Scottish or Irish

-----------------------------------

Bates - English

Perkins - English

Paine - English or French (if it is English I would have expected the spelling to be Payne with a y, like in the English Hayter (Charles Hayter, Jane Austen), so probably French

Smith - English

Webster - English or German are both possible, but this is probably English (because of the dictionary?)

Keilen - this one is interesting: it looks German but definitely doesn't have a German ring to it, it is not a typical ending for German last names. I'd rather go with a mix of a celtic language like Welsh, Scottish or Irish and a Germanic language like English (maybe even Danish or Dutch). Anyone here who knows this last name and can definitely say what language it origantes from?

I would be very glad if someone could help me with the Celtic languages, anyone here by chance? And what was Kelly Bates last name before marriage?

I love this kind of thing,@eveandadam !

One thing I'd add about Smith is that it's also very, very common in Lowland Scotland, so a family with the surname Smith wouldn't necessarily have an English background.

@eveandadam do you also do meanings of names? I've been trying to do some genealogy and can't seem to get very far. It seems the names that I'm looking for are rather rare. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived