IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen- Part 23: Even more Duggary

samurai_sarah

15068899_928654710601512_442025518157887

I'm about 95 % sure JB is actually driving, not just sitting in a parking lot or something, if you look at the background. Great parenting, Duggars. It's a miracle they haven't managed to kill one of their kids yet.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I'm about 95 % sure JB is actually driving, not just sitting in a parking lot or something, if you look at the background. Great parenting, Duggars. It's a miracle they haven't managed to kill one of their kids yet.

With Joy courting and possibly moving out soon and Jinger just having left, they need more drivers (duh!). The boys at home are boys and can't be expected to help out with errands! 

28 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I did something similar with my niece when she was little. Granted, we were in the parking lot of a school where there was plenty of room & with no one around (it'd been the weekend), but I knew enough to never went on the road with it.

15068899_928654710601512_4420255181578873658_o.jpg

Maybe it's their driveway? From what I've seen on the show, it looks like they have a long-ish driveway.

1 minute ago, alba said:

Maybe it's their driveway? From what I've seen on the show, it looks like they have a long-ish driveway.

It could also maybe be those big grassy hills on their property where they "taught Joy to drive" that one episode waaay the eff back in I think 18/19 kac

7 minutes ago, weirdemmaline said:

It could also maybe be those big grassy hills on their property where they "taught Joy to drive" that one episode waaay the eff back in I think 18/19 kac

And where Jinger and Amy learned to drive a manual, which we saw on the recap episode I think. I think they just drive on their property often...nothing to hit?

My dad used to let me drive on country roads as a kid.  He drove slowly and let me lean over and steer.  He'd also let me do the gears for him - again slowly on country roads.  And I was old enough and cautious enough that as soon as I saw even a hint of another car, I'd hand the wheel back to him.

Its nice to see a Duggar parent, parenting their littles.  I can't remember the last time I saw it.

On 11/16/2016 at 10:05 AM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Anyone watched these reports?  They're so deadpan they're funny.

Apparently, they didn't open the magazine and read the actual article. It referred to Josh and Anna, not the Patriarch and his consort. 

1 hour ago, imokit said:

My dad used to let me drive on country roads as a kid.  He drove slowly and let me lean over and steer.  He'd also let me do the gears for him - again slowly on country roads.  And I was old enough and cautious enough that as soon as I saw even a hint of another car, I'd hand the wheel back to him.

Its nice to see a Duggar parent, parenting their littles.  I can't remember the last time I saw it.

Fairly common in the countryside I think.  My grandfather used to do that with us! He's probably (hopefully) moving very slowly. 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Apparently, they didn't open the magazine and read the actual article. It referred to Josh and Anna, not the Patriarch and his consort. 

JB & Mullet have no time for reading; they're too busy bonking.

15 hours ago, imokit said:

I totally agree with you! And I LOVED it was a child when my grandpa let me do this.

Since I saw the post I'm humming "Drive" from Alan Jackson... anybody else, too??

22 hours ago, JillyO said:

Josie take the wheel!

And let's not forget unrestrained Jordyn in the foreground. I mean, this isn't the most egregious neglect of their children's well-being we've caught wind of, but come on, people.

I think it's because we've had mandatory seatbelt laws in the UK for decades, but seeing pics of the Duggars and Rods driving without seatbealts freaks me out!  Even if it's in a parking lot/on a private road etc, it's important, and especially with kids, so it becomes a normalised practice. 

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

I think it's because we've had mandatory seatbelt laws in the UK for decades, but seeing pics of the Duggars and Rods driving without seatbealts freaks me out!  Even if it's in a parking lot/on a private road etc, it's important, and especially with kids, so it becomes a normalised practice. 

34 of the 50 US states, INCLUDING Arkansas, have mandatory frontseat seatbelt laws: http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/seatbelt_laws.html

ALL 50 US states have child safety seat laws: http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/childsafety_laws.html

I'm sure that the occasional rural British resident takes a non-seatbelted spin on a private lane. Oh wait, here's one: : )

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1286402/Queen-drives-seatbelt-forgets-clunk-click.html

31 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm sure that the occasional rural British resident takes a non-seatbelted spin on a private lane. Oh wait, here's one: : )

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1286402/Queen-drives-seatbelt-forgets-clunk-click.html

The royals believe they're above the law in pretty much all ways, so I'm not surprised by that!

I guess I'm confused, as we have all the Jill Rod videos where she's definitely not wearing a seatbelt in the front, nor her kids in the back, as they drive around state to state (nor have the kids sitting and belted in the RV) which is particularly weird as her sister is paraplegic after Jill's brother-in-law fell asleep at the wheel. 

USA FJers said there are no seatbelt laws where the Rods live, but they travel all over the place, and Jill posts videos from loads of places while on the move.

Of course, I could be making the rookie mistake of thinking that just cos the Duggars and Rods do it, it's common in the USA! :smiley-signs131:

I wouldn't assume that ANYTHING the Duggars or Rodriguii do is "common in the USA."  :my_shy:

I for one own NO green eyeshadow, and NO jean skirts. :my_shy:

I grew up in a mobile home park and my dad would sometimes let us sit on his lap and control the wheel once we entered the park. They were private roads so not a whole lot of traffic and he always had his hand right there to make sure we were didn't veer off the road. Plus the speed limit in the park was like 15 mph. Yes I didn't wear a seatbelt when on his lap but I promise ever since getting my license 9-10 years ago I have never driven without wearing it.

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I wouldn't assume that ANYTHING the Duggars or Rodriguii do is "common in the USA."  :my_shy:

I for one own NO green eyeshadow, and NO jean skirts. :my_shy:

I don't either currently but I'll admit to owning both in the 80's. :my_blush:

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

USA FJers said there are no seatbelt laws where the Rods live, but they travel all over the place, and Jill posts videos from loads of places while on the move.

Of course, I could be making the rookie mistake of thinking that just cos the Duggars and Rods do it, it's common in the USA!

It's also so hard to describe something as the norm in the US when 1) the country's so huge, and 2) each state has different laws on things like seatbelts. I'm sure in some areas/circumstances, it's common to go without seatbelts, whereas in others it's almost unheard of (whether or not it's legally mandated). Either way, not using seatbelts for children is inexcusable (and probably illegal, since lots of places have safety laws that apply to minors even if they don't apply to adults, such as bike helmet laws). It's one thing to be a stupid adult and put yourself at risk, but it's a whole other thing to endanger a child who isn't mentally or legally capable of making that kind of decision. 

5 hours ago, Lurky said:

According to Progressive Insurance (latest reporting date 2002) that 52% of auto accidents happen 5 miles or less from home and 77% of accidents happen 15  miles or less from home.  I wonder how many accidents the Duggars have had collectively, how many claims have ben filed and how much money  has ben paid out.  Could they be self-insured or do they not carry auto insurance (boy would that be a dumb ass move  (no buy used and save the rest)), or do they carry a blanket policy?  Are they are very high risk and no one will carry them ?

49 minutes ago, NewOrleansLady said:

According to Progressive Insurance (latest reporting date 2002) that 52% of auto accidents happen 5 miles or less from home and 77% of accidents happen 15  miles or less from home.  I wonder how many accidents the Duggars have had collectively, how many claims have ben filed and how much money  has ben paid out.  Could they be self-insured or do they not carry auto insurance (boy would that be a dumb ass move  (no buy used and save the rest)), or do they carry a blanket policy?  Are they are very high risk and no one will carry them ?

This is because that is where people drive the most, so your odds of having a crash where you drive the most is higher, you are there more often. It's not that you are more likely to get in an accident just because you are close to home.

All I could think of seeing that picture was "oh look, there's that "no little girls on man/boy's laps" again. 

1 hour ago, NewOrleansLady said:

26 minutes ago, karen77 said:

This is because that is where people drive the most, so your odds of having a crash where you drive the most is higher, you are there more often. It's not that you are more likely to get in an accident just because you are close to home.

I think I was more interested to learn the answers to my insurance questions.  Certainly with the number of vehicles, the large amout of drivers under 25 and the fact that JBoob is such an ass where insurance is concerned  his family wealth could be decimated by a serious accident.  

I just read this to Mr. NOL and he asked why I was so concerned with these people (I need a snarky response for him) and I sounded like the teacher in the Charlie Brown Christmas.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived