IGNORED

"RadicalFemininity," a treasure trove of fundie cliches

Rachel333

2 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I know, they make it sound like they're serious investigators when this is literally the first thing you see when you google "Nashville Planned Parenthood."

mHfXh5h.jpg?1

They must’ve read Sarah Maxwell’s recent blog post about google. 

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wtf? Pro-choice people don't ever claim fetuses aren't alive. Our point is that: either A a fetus is a person or B a fetus is not a person. If B, there can be no legal prevention of abortion. If A, there can be no legal way to force a person to give up their bodily autonomy to allow that fetus to grow to independence. You cannot be forced to become a living donor-even for something without risk like blood donation- even your refusal means someone will die. Your organs cannot be used to save lives after you're dead without your express permission while alive. 

Swear to god all these asshole fundies better be organ donors. Assholes. 

(Also: consider signing up for marrow donation FJ friends! You swab your mouth and give them your contact info. They don't always do the hip thing anymore- they need to when it's a baby, but otherwise you sit in a comfy chair while they hook you up to a dialysis type machine. Your blood goes in, they filter out the bits they need, your blood goes back. It's boring, doesn't hurt AND you're saving a life.) 

Another comment on Hannah's FB post:

2tONLhe.jpg?1

I did a reverse image search and google's best guess for the image was "planned parenthood blood sacrifice."

And Julia's facebook page is... intense.

This might be the craziest of her posts I've seen so far.

QxIPJTM.jpg?1

Oh for pete's sake. Elderly people are generally frail and have bad balance. That's hardly an occult occurrence. 

3 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

I wonder what they would say if I told them I've never had an abortion, but went to PP for birth control (mostly for medical stuff unrelated to pregnancy prevention) and PAP smears as a young, untested Fundus?

Then I remember: Baby killer SUPPORTER 

After all, the only Godly form of birth control is keeping your legs closed until your wedding night(and then opening them every time your husband wants).

[/sarcasm]

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

QxIPJTM.jpg?1

What the serious fuck did I just read? WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK???

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Another comment on Hannah's FB post:

2tONLhe.jpg?1

I did a reverse image search and google's best guess for the image was "planned parenthood blood sacrifice."

QxIPJTM.jpg?1

There is no appropriate reaction emoji for that. WTF doesn't even come close. She seems like the type who would believe in flat Earth. 

3 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

QxIPJTM.jpg?1

I read the other day that a conspiracy for the universal injured left eye on key figures (including the ones above, the Queen, etc) is that this happens the Reptile people as they age. This has to do with how certain lizards are left eye dominant, and thus it needs repair or some shit. I have never heard about this Cattle’s Black Eye nonsense before.

If you’re unfamiliar with what Reptilian is, I am going to pull an Annie Maxwell and tell you to Google it, because it is quite a rabbit-hole to fall down. There are so many varying definitions, explanations, and theories of manifestation. It is tied in with Illuminati idealogies.

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

What the serious fuck did I just read? WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK???

More fake Jews. Their sanity and theology are equally disconnected from reality. 

I wonder what actual Jewish people would say to them about their being what I think of as “fake Jews.” Honestly it just looks like appropriation to me. I really doubt they’ve ever had Jewish people tell them what they are doing is offensive. Probably because they don’t know many Jewish people IRL or the Jewish people they do know try to be polite and don’t tell them that it’s offensive. I am guessing lot of Jewish FJ folks would probably let them know how they feel about what they are doing. We are an open bunch here ;) And I know Jewish people aren’t a monolith and everyone will have differing thoughts and feelings. I just think these people are so smug because no one has told them to their face that they look ridiculous in their Jewish cosplay antics. 

They've pranced around Israel trying to convert people, I'm sure they've been told a time or two. Pretty sure they're immune from criticism. Keeping your ears in your colon is a great way to prevent hearing anything too upsetting! 

1 minute ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

They've pranced around Israel trying to convert people, I'm sure they've been told a time or two. Pretty sure they're immune from criticism. Keeping your ears in your colon is a great way to prevent hearing anything too upsetting! 

I guess Abigail’s hissy fit over FJ made it seem like this was all news to her. Maybe since she’s still young, she hasn’t heard it. But Tom and Hannah probably have. 

1 hour ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

If I ever actually understood where these weirdos were coming from I'd tell my husband to commit me. Your guess is as good as mine, @JermajestyDuggar

They are at best delusional.  Cultural Appropriation is being generous.  And I am guessing most Jews would say bless their hearts (meaning it fully)

Wow, what is with the comment “they make her stand out there in her underwear”?. Fundies are way too obsessed with the human body. And I hate how they assume that if a woman is not being controlled by her husband, that she is automatically controlled by evil. She is wearing her “underwear” because she has to stand out in the heat to protect women from harrassment by crazy people like the Washburns, not because PP is making her. Wow.

Ok, call me dumb, but can someone explain the hilarity of LaGoy? I’ve heard of some surnames being typically “Jewish”, I’m guessing LaGoy is one of them, or at least sounds very much like one...

I don’t really know that much about Judaism/Jewish culture. I’m always willing to learn, though (unlike all the fundies we discuss).

7 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Wow, what is with the comment “they make her stand out there in her underwear”?. Fundies are way too obsessed with the human body. And I hate how they assume that if a woman is not being controlled by her husband, that she is automatically controlled by evil. She is wearing her “underwear” because she has to stand out in the heat to protect women from harrassment by crazy people like the Washburns, not because PP is making her. Wow.

I'm pretty sure the commenter doesn't actually think PP is making her wear those clothes, it's just a sarcastic way of mocking the woman for not being modest enough by their standards.

I could’ve just googled it I guess :pb_lol: I failed to take “Annie Maxwell’s” advice :pb_redface::pb_lol:

I am going to leave this here. I am too emotionally exhausted from today to properly snark. But I am pretty positive this is the biggest catch 22 I have seen in a while. See y’all tomorrow.

81D54AD0-D778-47BB-85C9-0A5E0BA3A681.png

3 hours ago, dripcurl said:

I am going to leave this here. I am too emotionally exhausted from today to properly snark. But I am pretty positive this is the biggest catch 22 I have seen in a while. See y’all tomorrow.

81D54AD0-D778-47BB-85C9-0A5E0BA3A681.png

I saw that. I also noticed that Hannah reposted it with, "I love my husband's enthusiasm for researching facts and evidence to uncover nuggets of truth!" I don't think he actually uncovered anything new; the wikipedia page for Birkat haMinim has a section about the possibility that it referred to Christians. 

The extent of reference to Notzrim, or application of minim to Christians is debated.[11][12] In his analysis of various scholarly views on the Birkat haMinim, Pieter W. van der Horst sums up,

"It is certain that minim in Tannaitic times are always Jews... It is certain that notsrim was not a part of the earliest version(s) of our berakhah."[13]

During the medieval period, whether the blessing included Christians or not was the subject of disputations, a potential cause for persecution and thus a matter relevant for the safety of Jewish communities.[14] It is generally viewed in modern studies that the term "heretics" at an early point in split of early Christianity and Judaism had included Jewish Christians.[15][16][17][18] It was David Flusser's view (1992) that the Birkat haMinim was added in reference to the Sadducees.[19]

Many scholars have seen reference to the Birkat haMinim in Justin Martyr's complaint to Trypho of the Jews "cursing in your synagogues those that believe on Christ." Reuven Kimelman (1981) challenged this, noting that Justin's description places the curse in the wrong sequence in the synagogue service.[20]

Christian awareness of this prayer as a curse against them is only attested from the time of Jerome and Epiphanius in the fifth century CE. In the subsequent anti-Judeaic literature, it was almost universally ignored until the 13th century. The one exception is the work of Agobard of Lyons, writing in 826/827 to protest what he saw was the granting of too many privileges to Jews by the Carolingian monarch.[21]

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived