IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 5

samurai_sarah

14 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Steve didn't care about Teri. All he cared about was himself and his need to have more children to be raised for The Lord. 

Yes, and raised for The Lord to do what, exactly? They chat up the elderly once a week and make balloon animals for kids at the county fair once a year. Cookies for emergency response personnel once a year. Small cakes for neighbors. Once a year. 

Thet could be leading churches, teaching at any level, administering the healing arts, raising funds for missions and/or working in social services for faith-based agencies. 

Instead, they.....what *do* they do, again, please? Other than support Stevovah's egotistical plan...and other than their annual, much-ballyhooed gifts to tiny portions of the community?

Steve's plan iz fail.  At least Jerk Bob Duggar got a lucrative tv gig and lots of exposure for his kids to help the girls find patsies, er, husbands. Remains to be seen what that plan does for his other sons, but I digress. 

Steve won't even donate his publishing masterworks [snark] to libraries, where his ideas would get larger exposure than in non-existent tours. 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Steve won't even donate his publishing masterworks [snark] to libraries, where his ideas would get larger exposure than in non-existent tours. 

Ah, but to put his masterworks out into the general public's eye would reveal just how awful those works really are.  Then  Maxwell sales would fall to the floor.

Dayumm, Stevehovah just gets more and more rigid with each passing year.  Pretty soon he's going to be like Lot's wife, just a pillar of salt.   And his family will be like chickens without heads, scared shitless at the thought of actually deciding what to do and how to do it.

18 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Maybe Melanie wanted to go shopping with a buddy? I hate shopping alone, personally. Taking one person that I like would be infinitely preferable to me than going by myself.

Not that Melanie has the choice to go by herself though, I'm sure. 

Melanie may not have wanted to go shopping with a buddy, but decided it was preferable to hours of scheduled interrogation.

John actually topped Christopher as to how challenging of a youngster he was (As a little boy, he really did say that HE was going to let his kids climb the bathroom shelves and eat toothpaste!),

I bet Steve about lost it when John said that. 

I think because of Christopher's challenges Teri probably did not  want any more after Sarah.  However, Steve changed her mind. I doubt it was any help with either of the challenging kids. 

Been looking at some of the Dad's Corners.  Seriously, is there something wrong with my comprehension because some do not make any sense. For example, what does the title 'Confusion as to Who does What.' have to do with music and books? It was the same with his posts about being financially free.

Serious here - am I missing something?

2 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Been looking at some of the Dad's Corners.  Seriously, is there something wrong with my comprehension because some do not make any sense. For example, what does the title 'Confusion as to Who does What.' have to do with music and books? It was the same with his posts about being financially free.

Serious here - am I missing something?

No, you aren't. He's just that incoherent. I think he thinks he's being clever. If I take a bit of time to think it through, I sort of can see what he's saying, but I don't always feel like wasting the time. 

I don't read here much any more. I'm more team jill rodrigues than team maxhell. But after reading the ridiculous writings of Sarah as to her siblings ...I had to see the response.

JeSSY sounds like a real pro life twat .has a great love of he unborn child..pfttt

John sounds like a rebel  and I reckon he still is

As for the rest what a load of drivel

Honestly the maxwell blog just out bores itself these days.

I hope they don't corner the poor elderly this thanksgiving.  Surely after a long life you don't need to be tortured by THAT..

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

No, you aren't. He's just that incoherent. I think he thinks he's being clever. If I take a bit of time to think it through, I sort of can see what he's saying, but I don't always feel like wasting the time. 

Thank you! Really!  Like you, I have to read it over and over. At 60, I was seriously wondering, " Am I losing it?"

I'm not sure I see it. I think it's more focusing on the midsection, ruching, possible food baby and where the ruching hits. It's obviously possible since it's not like they're doing anything to prevent it, but if she's still breastfeeding, at least it could be a few months longer before an announcement. Or I'm wrong, since I've never  been pregnant. 

"It’s hard not to duplicate items, as many of the same qualities can be said about each person, but I’ll try to keep them unique."

Has Steve (HI STEVE!) been telling her to make the family appear more lively? He must have read comments from multiple people on here talking about how, year after year, the birthday messages are the same and read like something from a generic card.

4 hours ago, freejugar said:

Kids climbing counters and eating toothpaste is just normal mischivious kid behaviour to me. I wouldn't call it challenging

Yeah, and it seems like that is the big thing that pops into her mind about him, so I don't think he did anything truly challenging.

As for the other things she says about him, "His Protection With His Truck Accident"!? Out of everything she could have said about him, she picks one thing that happened *to* him as 1 of the 3 points about him?

As for her sister, I guess the closest thing to running a Husband Wanted ad in the Maxhell home is calling her a "Proverbs 31 young lady" Because she isn't a woman until she is married!

Does Sarah know her siblings at all? Why was it so hard for her to come up with something unique for each one? She spends every waking moment with them; you'd think she'd know them by now! "My brothers and sisters all have ten fingers, and eat food, and walk upright...it's just so hard to differentiate when we're all so similar!" It's bizarre and creepy that she considers their personalities basically interchangeable.

I agree that saying you're going to let your kid eat toothpaste is super mild backtalk. If that's as bad as it got, then Steve and Teri had a very low threshold for tolerable behavior. Poor little John.

I also agree that the way she describes parenting - as something horrible that you have to grit your teeth and survive, like trench warfare - is disturbing. Maybe the way the Maxwells parented was like that. It can't have been easy to spend decades brainwashing eight children and stomping out their individuality. Maybe it really was like a war to them. Most parents find their children delightful. It's just not natural to see them as enemies to be extinguished, but if that's how they looked at all the kids they were raising, war becomes a more apt metaphor.

God, Steve and Teri are monsters.

I'm in the "might be bloat" camp for Elissa. 

If she is pg and that far along,  kudos to her and Smug Joey for choosing to announce it when they want to.  If that even is the case. 

I've recently realized how much Poor Sarah favors a friend of mine who is just about the same age. Beautiful & bright. This young woman also is single, child-free and not necessarily by her choice, and she's had heartbreak and disappointment. But egad, she's lived *so* much more than Sarah!

I'm imagining the two of them meeting up -- on my friend's turf, of course. Optimist that I am, I see Sarah warming to my friend and beginning a life outside the Leavenworth limits. 

(No offense to Leavenworth, much offense to Extremist Steve.)

Elissa didn't announce before the stick dried last time, so I doubt she would this time around either. Iirc they announced around three months.

It may just not be the best shirt. She's slim, but that's the kind of top where the tiniest bump shows, and most of us don't have washboard abs. 

Either way, glad Calia will get some time as the only, because even if she were about to announce, Calia is almost 14 months and would have 1.5 years plus before a sibling. They do seem to enjoy her, and I'm glad to see her the "apple of their eye" as Sarah said. 

My thing is, Elissa and Anna are about the same age, but Elissa has a husband he does appear to love, a house to manage, and a baby to raise. Anna makes burritos and cleans ceiling fans. I wonder how each Maxwell daughter, first Sarah, then Anna, and maybe even Mary, feels seeing her sisters-in-law have some semblance of a life while they are sharing a room at Mom day Dad's (sorry, Dad and Mom's).

I thought Elissa might be pregnant because her top is very similar to the one Melanie wore that day.  Jumping to conclusions, big time; but it is the first thing that stood out to me. 

IMG_4103.JPG

I was so happy to see Sarah include Ellie in her Thanksgiving post.

You can tell she's head over heels for her dog, and I'm glad she has a bundle of joy all her own.

11 hours ago, nomoxian said:

As for the other things she says about him, "His Protection With His Truck Accident"!? Out of everything she could have said about him, she picks one thing that happened *to* him as 1 of the 3 points about him?

I am tired right now, but what sprung to my (awful) mind was that John was wearing a condom when he got hit.

Why does Sarah point out the negative things? NR Anna's varicose veins, Chris and John's 'bad' behavior as children. That was 20+ years ago Sarah, let it go. And I get that she helped raise John, but Christopher is older than her and she's writing from more of a parent's perspective. 

They write the same things about family member on their birthdays , anniversaries, etc. why not write about other things you're thankful for on thanksgiving? Why not include 'we're thankful for Melanie, Anna Marie, and Elissa's families. It has been so nice getting to know them and including them in our family activities'. Oh yeah, because it's All About the Maxwells 

I'm trying to imagine a situation in which the varicose veins thing isn't really mean.  If NR Anna doesn't complain about them, then I would think the only way that Sarah knows about them would be by noticing them herself - so she's basically pointing a spotlight on them.  Maybe NR Anna doesn't really care about them (I have a couple and I don't care) but having somebody point out how awful they must be and how great you are for not complaining - that would make me feel shitty.

Elissa's shirt looks like one I saw not long ago in the maternity shop.  It could be left from her pregnancy and she likes it or perhaps she needs maternity tops now. 

I stay in awe of the Maxwellian lack of capability of empathy and writing ability.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Elissa were pregnant, but it looks like it could also be a post-meal bloat. That's about what I look like after a large burrito.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived