IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 5

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Maybe that whole fundie family thing is just a piece of performance art by Mary?

If only!

Maybe by Steve. An exercise in how much work it takes to completely brainwash an entire family and create a cult.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently, only one person can be "a creative", as the Maxwells so awkwardly put it, in their family. Don't ask me why. What exactly in their world defines creativity, anyway? Does cooking not count as an art? If it is, I think Reversal Anna would be considered "a creative" too even if their meal ideas aren't exactly what I would call creative. Photography and writing are arts too.

Sarah's writing is not an art. If you take the first letter of each paragraph and lay them out backwards it is a secret message begging for someone to come rescue her.

Or a catastrophe. That word works too.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 11:13 AM, courtlylove said:

We're relieved that we don't have to declare bankruptcy just yet, hopefully we'll get out of the financial difficulties by this time next year -

And let's not forget the "Go Fund Me" promotion for whatever stuff the good Lord might be so inclined to bestow upon us.  I mean, he has deep pockets and we are do faithful---

Apparently, only one person can be "a creative", as the Maxwells so awkwardly put it, in their family. Don't ask me why. What exactly in their world defines creativity, anyway? Does cooking not count as an art? If it is, I think Reversal Anna would be considered "a creative" too even if their meal ideas aren't exactly what I would call creative. Photography and writing are arts too.

Well, that explains why Sarah's books are so dull! She's not the creative one in the family.

Wow, Steve' latest drivel is up. "So, about being debt free. Not going to tell you how to do that, but you need Jesus". I could write a better debt free series, despite student loans and a mortgage, because it would at least actually be on debt. And, although his followers can't comment, I'm sure some are eating this up.

1 hour ago, alba said:

Well, that explains why Sarah's books are so dull! She's not the creative one in the family.

I'm just imagining the Maxwells like a boy band: Mary's the "creative" one, Sarah's the sensitive writer, NR Anna's the one who doesn't complain about stuff, Other Anna is the clown, and Elissa is like Kevin from the Backstreet Boys. I don't know why, but she'd be Kevin.

That varicose vein thing annoys me more than it should. Anna might have mentioned it to her SILs - "sorry I have to sit down now, it's this medical condition, you see" fully expecting them to keep it for themselves, and blam they go ahead and broadcast it to the world. It could be obliviousness on Sarah's part, but that family sets so much store on "modesty" (banning contrasting buttons, for crying out loud) and then they go around talking about a private medical issue. When the rest of us who dress normally know enough to keep some things private. To me this is just like Meechelle making a show of covering her knees and then dry-humping in public. It comes out as social ineptitude and inability to respect boundaries rather godliness of any kind.

So Steve, please tell your mindless drone to leave Anna alone. She's a good subservient breeding machine just the way you like them, find better ways to praise her for it.

1 hour ago, 16strong said:

Why did they need to borrow Teri's mom's car if they already have one that is just fine?

Sounds like they did it for the earthly pleasure.  It's a nicer car than their 2004 Civic, and it was a five hour drive.  Isn't there a line in the bible about not being a borrower?

P.S.  My car is older than theirs and is running pretty well without debt or Jesus.

I had only just gotten back into the Christmas card thing the year my mother died. I had always included a letter to our less connected friends, perhaps the ones we only spoke to once or twice a year, and that year, it was "Murder and Mayhem, and Yes, the Dog Died" in which I wrote a full page about :  my mother's death from cancer, the dog's death a few months later, the kid in jail, the kid who got out of juvie but was still in therapy, and a few other things.. It was the most well received Christmas letter I'd ever sent.  I've never been one to say how fabulous things are, so you might hear about the totalled car as well as the high school graduation, the bad grades as well as the new boyfriend..

To this day, I send "honest" Christmas letters. One friend said mine is the only one she actually reads. Since not much has changed this year, I think I'll just have a stamp made... "It's all still going on; read last year's letter" and put that inside the card.

Here's a thought for a Maxhell letter:

Merry Christmas to everyone in the name of our dear headship!  (Steve, for those who might wonder just who that is!)

This year, Anna Marie has graciously agreed to instruct our readers in the womanly art of soap making!  Without further ado, here goes:

1.  First, find a good recipe.  (I have tons, just ask my father-in-law if I may share them! Protected intellectual rights, you know!)

2.  Bring in as much goat milk as you can get.  It's so much the better if you keep the goats yourself, but since my headship says that 4 kids are enough, well, I had to buy the stuff.  I found a farmer willing to trade milk for million-dollar tracts, hope he doesn't think they're legal tender.

3.  Gather the dangerous ingredients like lye, keeping them well out of the reach of children.  Personally, I keep mine at my in-laws--the kids there are old enough to read, and hopefully they aren't hungry or mistake the lye for Pepsi.

4.  Put the goat milk in a large pot.   Oh dear, this milk has gone bad.   Really bad.  Guess the farmer caught on about the tracts, or he kept a billy goat with the nannies.  No wonder he had so much to sell, nobody could drink it.

5.  Pour all that **!!##  milk down the drain.  Oh dear, my headship smells it now.  He has forbidden me to make anything on the stove except burritos.  There goes the soap making gifting fun. 

6.  Write and ask my (unmarried) sisters-in-law for ideas for comestible presents.  My damn veins are killing me yet again.  If this means that blessing #5 is on the way, I am going to shoot someone who shall remain nameless, or go lie down.  Either one will work for a new Moody storyline.

------Addendum from AM---Our family headship has discovered this letter and confiscated them all except this one.  Save it for when I break free and need to remember just what life in Maxhell was like!!  Blessings!!     

What does the quote about fornication after Steve's latest word salad have to do with anything?

They don't even try anymore. They just recycle their version of Jesus and throw up something from the morning's bible study and call it a day.

Nothing whatsoever having to do with being debt free, because, Jesus! The entire 'series' has lacked any practical or even actual information on how to be debt free.

I get more scared of their existence every time. Really. What the hell is he even saying/doing/meaning?

If you want a damn new car and you can afford it, get it. You are not more godly than anyone else for not so silently coveting your mother in laws car while you proclaim the greatness of your 12 year old car.

Steve, you don't understand god or Jesus or the bible in the slightest. Stop hiding behind them. None stand for what you think they stand for and none mean what you think they mean.

The bible that is full of parables and allegory is more clear and forthright than your 'debt free series'.

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm just imagining the Maxwells like a boy band: Mary's the "creative" one, Sarah's the sensitive writer, NR Anna's the one who doesn't complain about stuff, Other Anna is the clown, and Elissa is like Kevin from the Backstreet Boys. I don't know why, but she'd be Kevin.

You explained my sentiments better than I did! I think some here are getting the wrong idea that I'm holding up Sarah's writing as "good" when I refer to writing as an art. >_<

And everyday I check the Titus 2 blog just to see if there are courtship/wedding announcements. I'm beginning to think it's all part of Steve's plan. I get the word of Steve seared into my brain whether I want it or not because the mystery of who will court Sarah someday is just too intriguing to resist. 

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

What does the quote about fornication after Steve's latest word salad have to do with anything?

They don't even try anymore. They just recycle their version of Jesus and throw up something from the morning's bible study and call it a day.

Nothing whatsoever having to do with being debt free, because, Jesus! The entire 'series' has lacked any practical or even actual information on how to be debt free.

I get more scared of their existence every time. Really. What the hell is he even saying/doing/meaning?

If you want a damn new car and you can afford it, get it. You are not more godly than anyone else for not so silently coveting your mother in laws car while you proclaim the greatness of your 12 year old car.

Steve, you don't understand god or Jesus or the bible in the slightest. Stop hiding behind them. None stand for what you think they stand for and none mean what you think they mean.

The bible that is full of parables and allegory is more clear and forthright than your 'debt free series'.

From a certain perspective, it has been "practical". Steve is essentially saying "Be content with what you have, and don't spend stuff on what you don't really need". That isn't bad advice and if you are going to try to be debt free, it's certainly something you should do.

But it's couching it in really odd terms. And he's implying that any sort of interest outside of making money is ultimately sinful. And he's telling parents that they only way to make sure their children are debt free they have to snuff out any interests out there. 

This is certainly going to work to a certain extant, but it comes at the cost of killing your children's spirits. It ulimately, too, will take away from your children opportunities to be financially successful, which I don't think Steve will ever acknowledge (you can't be a doctor because that will mean going to college, even though doctors generally make good money). 

I think for most people, nothing hear seems practical because we don't consider having to give up outside interests as necessary to being debt free. Debt free is, in most people's minds, about budgeting, cutting corners where you can, and looking for cheaper options for usual things.

It doesn't mean, for the rest of us, not reading fun books, spending some time on the internet watching videos, or going to museums.

But, in Steve's mind, though, it does because it leads to spending time on stuff that isn't either Jesus or making money. 

Regarding them borrowing a car instead of taking their older vehicle on a long drive - we also have a couple of older cars, and would like to keep them a bit longer.  We occasionally take a 6 hour trip to visit relatives, and we've started getting a rental car when we do, so that we won't put all of that mileage on our older cars.  It's also a nice way to try out other types of cars and manufacturers.  

Also, I wonder what type of meeting that Teri and Steve attended, that is 5 hours away??

Maybe it was the drive to Jinger's wedding? Also it's not wrong to want a new(er) car. It is wrong to buy a new(er) car when you can't afford it and you have other priorities or financial goals. But it appears that Steve has no goals whatsoever other than to hole away in Maxhell whining until he finally shuffles off the mortal coil because of course he knows where he's gonna go when he dies!

46 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

Regarding them borrowing a car instead of taking their older vehicle on a long drive - we also have a couple of older cars, and would like to keep them a bit longer.  We occasionally take a 6 hour trip to visit relatives, and we've started getting a rental car when we do, so that we won't put all of that mileage on our older cars.  It's also a nice way to try out other types of cars and manufacturers.  

Also, I wonder what type of meeting that Teri and Steve attended, that is 5 hours away??

I think it was the Duggar wedding. Siloam Springs is about 4.5 hours from Leavenworth. I could be wrong, but they are so 'secretive' how will anyone ever knoooowwwww?

Oh. Um. Ahem.

So I have been wondering about this for awhile. Where is this large space they are always in that looks like a warehouse? It seems huge. It looks like a mini IKEA. I used to think it was their garage but it seems to big for a garage in a normal neighborhood.

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

So I have been wondering about this for awhile. Where is this large space they are always in that looks like a warehouse? It seems huge. It looks like a mini IKEA. I used to think it was their garage but it seems to big for a garage in a normal neighborhood.

I remember when they built that house, and part of the reason they gave for building it was that they were running out of room to store the books they sell in their old house.

They must have built some kind of storage room in the new house. 

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

I think it was the Duggar wedding. Siloam Springs is about 4.5 hours from Leavenworth. I could be wrong, but they are so 'secretive' how will anyone ever knoooowwwww?

Oh. Um. Ahem.

So... wait... were they trying to impress people with their ride, or keep up appearances? And here was me thinking they didn't care for such earthly/fleshly things. :pb_rollseyes:

21 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I remember when they built that house, and part of the reason they gave for building it was that they were running out of room to store the books they sell in their old house.

They must have built some kind of storage room in the new house. 

I think it's the basement. Same footprint as the house so not exactly tiny. 

You're right @fundiefan.

Here is what Steve wrote back in 2007 when they started building;

"Christopher is buying our house, and we will take the equity and will build on a lot immediately behind this house. If we do most of the work ourselves, we should be able to build a larger house with a walk-out basement. The basement will still be dual use, but it would allow us the room we need for the books. Our current house has a large enough attic where we could have moved the boys bedrooms to, but it would not structurally support the weight. So the plan is to take roughly the same floor plan, reverse it, and build this new one as a story and a half giving us the extra room we need."

3 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

Zealots Anonymous?

It probably was Jinger's secret wedding, with Steve thinking he was clever to be travelling incognito in a borrowed car.

The Maxwells have released a revised version of MOTH. They say they've added stuff they've picked up over the years. Those that register now get the Mom's and Dad's corners books. 

An interesting note is that in the preface, it refers to Joseph and Elissa and their children. I'm not sure if that's wishful thinking or an announcement or they just wrote it to go with how they refer to Nathan and Christopher's families. 

Also, Sarah...

I’m thrilled to share with you the Titus2 project we’ve been hard at work since spring.

No, just, no, Sarah. Reword that damn sentence! 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived