IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 5

samurai_sarah

Re:  the photos

If I live to be 100, I will never understand why people in 2016 want to clothe little girls in restrictive skirts. Long and narrow, long and voluminous -- either way, the girls' movements are hampered! 

Oh wait.  Well, sure. 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it interesting how the letter of the Lord's law is not being followed in Maxhell, no matter how much Steve likes to humble brag about their godliness. 

They actually had the chutzpah to sign off their newest post with the following:

I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.” 1 Timothy 5:14

Ahem, Steve--you are not allowing your daughters to fulfill their divine calling. You are being a stumbling block to the Lord's will for your children. 

Read the damn quote with an eye to comprehension, Steve. 

I do agree with Steve on the point of being satisfied with what you have/can afford. But he totally misses that tons of people do this without "contentment in Christ". He is one of those christians to whom it never occurs that people of different religions (or no religion) can, you know, do things.

I cannot believe, with all of the so-called techno wizards in the family, they are still releasing MOTH as a book, and not an app. The Maxwells' pride in their low hip to squareness ratio is probably losing them a good chunk of change.

37 minutes ago, 16strong said:

I cannot believe, with all of the so-called techno wizards in the family, they are still releasing MOTH as a book, and not an app. The Maxwells' pride in their low hip to squareness ratio is probably losing them a good chunk of change.

My thoughts exactly! Their book sales must be so crappy and they aren't skilled enough to create an app, so they are doomed to fail. And if you own the book, and read the blog, you don't need more tips on scheduling, you need an app but there are tons of them already out there. 

55 minutes ago, Justmurrayed said:

My thoughts exactly! Their book sales must be so crappy and they aren't skilled enough to create an app, so they are doomed to fail. And if you own the book, and read the blog, you don't need more tips on scheduling, you need an app but there are tons of them already out there. 

They probably want people to pay even more money for Schedulebreeze (which looks like an Excel sheet)

You know, I actually kind of liked the old cover, where it was just of one of the MOTH scheduling boards covered in sticky notes. I guess it was all those pretty colors together. I don't plan on ordering the book either way, but I really don't appreciate it being replaced with one of the Children of the Corn staring me down with a fake smile while holding up some of the board. (Whose kid is that, anyway? I thought it might be Abby, but Abby's hair doesn't have bangs.)

16 hours ago, anjulibai said:

An interesting note is that in the preface, it refers to Joseph and Elissa and their children. I'm not sure if that's wishful thinking or an announcement or they just wrote it to go with how they refer to Nathan and Christopher's families.

I think they just wrote that under the assumption that Joe and Elissa would eventually have more kids. Books can't be updated as regularly as an About page on a website so it's probably easier to just put "their children" and not list a number. If they were trying to sneak in an announcement, I'm sure they would've tried to do it on the blog post.

9 hours ago, 16strong said:

Would Jesus approve of apps for helpmeets?  And, assuming that Jesus and headships did approve, wouldn't there need to be a dedicated female Maxwell available for tech support?

Wonder what reading grade level the MOTH book is written to.

41 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Would Jesus approve of apps for helpmeets?  And, assuming that Jesus and headships did approve, wouldn't there need to be a dedicated female Maxwell available for tech support?

Wonder what reading grade level the MOTH book is written to.

I'm sure the MOTH book is written for about a third grade level since most kids become buddies at that age. Doesn't Anna do "tech support" for their company? I'm sure that Jesus would approve of apps as long as their headship approves. 

I can't wait to see what they do next. Even their ideas are becoming boring and repetitive. 

So what happens to the original MOTH books that remain unsold? judging by the pics, a few blogs back of their dungeon, they have boxes upon boxes of unsold stock.

Donate them to a library or charity shop Stevie??

21 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

So what happens to the original MOTH books that remain unsold? judging by the pics, a few blogs back of their dungeon, they have boxes upon boxes of unsold stock.

Donate them to a library or charity shop Stevie??

Coward Steve dorsnt donate, he sells!

13 hours ago, AliC said:

You know, I actually kind of liked the old cover, where it was just of one of the MOTH scheduling boards covered in sticky notes. I guess it was all those pretty colors together. I don't plan on ordering the book either way, but I really don't appreciate it being replaced with one of the Children of the Corn staring me down with a fake smile while holding up some of the board. (Whose kid is that, anyway? I thought it might be Abby, but Abby's hair doesn't have bangs.)

I think they just wrote that under the assumption that Joe and Elissa would eventually have more kids. Books can't be updated as regularly as an About page on a website so it's probably easier to just put "their children" and not list a number. If they were trying to sneak in an announcement, I'm sure they would've tried to do it on the blog post.

The Children of the Corn picture SCREAMS stock photo to me.

As for "Joseph and Elissa and their children", why can't they just say something like, "Joseph, his wife Elissa, and their family"? "Family" can mean one kid, can mean multiple kids, can mean Elissa's siblings and parents, etc. And do that for all the married sons.

Oh, wait, that means acknowledging that your DILs have family outside of Maxhell.

18 hours ago, 16strong said:

I can't believe that with all the so-called techno wizards in the family their website looks like it stepped out of a time machine from 2006. I mean, yes, you can argue that their site is entirely functional and easily navigable, but if I were considering taking a front-end development 1Ton Ramp course I'd want to know that the person running the course was familiar with modern principles of website design and was capable of teaching me contemporary Javascript frameworks like KnockoutJS.

And I feel kind of dirty that I agree with the Maxwells that "Schedules ARE stress-busters". I'm gonna go shower now.

20 minutes ago, freejugar said:

MOTH is basically a spreadsheet. Since the maxwell men are soo great at IT, can't they come up with a basic app?

maybe Anna came up with one, but since she's not a Manly Maxwell Man, Stevie and the Boys' Club would have ignored it.

Ooooh do we smell a future son-in-law? My bet is on Mary - they're pimping Anna a bit too much on the blog for it to be her, and Sarah, ah, Sarah. She'll be their indentured servant until the day these two die.

31 minutes ago, goldbu said:

I was looking around the Swift Otter website today and it appears that the Maxwells have hired a non-family member!

https://swiftotter.com/about-us

There is also a blog post about him, but it doesn't say too much. https://swiftotter.com/blog/our-clients-score-again-today

Interesting. 

OMG, is it possible this new Tyler has been brought in to the fold in order to court Anna?  Please, Stevie, let at least one of your daughters get married!  Poor Sarah...

This Tyler looks really young. Like late teens. But the Maxwells seem to need a non-relative to drag them out of their rut. I hope his time with them is successful. 

What do they actually do at Swift Otter? All I think of when I see the name is Swifter Sweepers that are not as awesome as the commercials make them seem. What does Swift Otter even stand for? 

Maybe it's from the Bible. "Thus sayeth the LORD: 'If thou wilt swim as swiftly as the otter on the waves of the Internet, THEN blessed be thine code written by thy front end developer.' In thee, O LORD, wilt mine trust of Javascript be placed! Ye though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Internet Explorer, I will fear no pop-ups. For thine is the Internet, the HTML, and the source code forever. Amen."

Titus2.com is a ministry for encouraging families in Jesus Christ. We had the blessing of being able to migrate them from their own in-house shopping cart to Magento. Their existing cart was not built for maintainability, and they were pushing the boundaries. Magento is rock-solid, easy to use and very maintainable.

I find this paragraph very dishonest. It's written as though Tits2 is an entirely unrelated business, not one run by the exact same people.

Steve's bizarre analogies at play here:

What is a critical concern most patients considering surgery have? Isn’t it that the surgeon who is about to open them up knows what he is doing and there will be a successful outcome? What is peace of mind worth?

Imagine waiting in his office to discuss your needs. As you glance around, your confidence is refreshed when you read his certifications on the wall. That is why they are posted – to give you peace of mind. Certifications don’t guarantee success, but they are an important indicator of a required level of skill.

Yeah, this has nothing to do with IT or programming or websites. It just sounds weird. 

And yeah, Tyler looks like a potential courter. Perhaps one of the girls will get out of Maxhell after all. 

The photo on the revised edition of MOTH is definitely not a Maxwell. They don't always use their own relatives- IIRC the girl on the front of Keeping Our Children's Hearts isn't a Maxwell either. Or at least the girl on the original version wasn't. You can still see the original girl on the Spanish version. 

That's another thing- why did they do a Spanish version of one of the books? And why only KOCH? According to Wikipedia around 10% of Kansans are Hispanic... Interesting. Wonder why they chose KOCH and not another book like MOTH. Just curious...

1 hour ago, bertnee said:

Maybe it's from the Bible. "Thus sayeth the LORD: 'If thou wilt swim as swiftly as the otter on the waves of the Internet, THEN blessed be thine code written by thy front end developer.' In thee, O LORD, wilt mine trust of Javascript be placed! Ye though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Internet Explorer, I will fear no pop-ups. For thine is the Internet, the HTML, and the source code forever. Amen."

You cracked me up! Otters are my spirit critter and I was genuinely surprised, thinking, "The Bible mentions otters??" Kept reading -- started laughing & the rest is history. 

Thank you for the endorphins!!!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived