IGNORED

The Second Debate: Cheeto vs Hillary

Destiny

Happy debate day ladies and gentlemen! This topic will unlock 2 hours before the debate, and we will be doing all debate conversation here. @HerNameIsBuffy and I will be doing our best to recap the festivities.

.....I'm actually sorta excited for this, not gonna lie.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else watching already? I have MSNBC (featuring St. Maddow) on but will probably step out to sneak in a shower before this starts. They mentioned warnings for parents to be careful about having their kids in the room for the debate.

Some of the signs behind the reporters at Wash U are interesting, to say the least. "Trump likes Dasani" "I'll Dab for a $ Venmo @BushDidHarambe" "Blacks for Trump Gods2.com" "Kony 2012"

I'm watching CNN, but if St. Maddow is on MSNBC, it's time for a switch.

Pre-debate warm up - pretty damn funny.  Tonight could be epic.

Spoiler

Jesus H Roosevelt Christ why do they keep bringing up Bill Clinton? This isn't about fucking Bill. This is about Hillary! But Bill Clinton did worse is NOT a fucking excuse or argument. ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH!

This lady - Trump doesn't have the nightmare to deal with tonight, Clinton does? OY!

Y'all, this finna be epic!!!! Wine is chilling and pizza will be ordered. I'm rooting for Trumplethinskin to go all scorched earth on the GOP. There's a lot of hypocrites he can call out for deserting him at the 11th hour. I expect no contrition, restraint, or diplomacy tonight. He has nothing to lose. His stans are ride or die for him.

Y'all, this finna be epic!!!! Wine is chilling and pizza will be ordered. I'm rooting for Trumplethinskin to go all scorched earth on the GOP. There's a lot of hypocrites he can call out for deserting him at the 11th hour. I expect no contrition, restraint, or diplomacy tonight. 

I want to hope for that because it's gonna be hilarious, but I'm kinda wondering if he is gonna be back on his leash for tonight. He's got to know that if he fucks this up, he's DONE. The RNC has already pulled funding, and no money means he has no prayer.

The person who wants him to fuck off forever in me hopes you are right, but I have a horrible feeling he's gonna be on his leash and proper tonight.

Holy shit! He brought in Broderick, Wiley, and Jones. I may be wrong - it looks like he's gonna go there. O.O

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I have a horrible feeling he's gonna be on his leash and proper tonight.

He may try to start off that way, but his ego needs to win the war of words at all costs. At this point, I don't believe he even gives a darn about the Presidency. I think now he wants to punish the GOP, and make the down-ticket candidates fend for their lives.

Lord of Linguini, Prince of Pasta, Holy :flyingspaghetti:, please make this so. Ramen.

10 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I want to hope for that because it's gonna be hilarious, but I'm kinda wondering if he is gonna be back on his leash for tonight. He's got to know that if he fucks this up, he's DONE. The RNC has already pulled funding, and no money means he has no prayer.

The person who wants him to fuck off forever in me hopes you are right, but I have a horrible feeling he's gonna be on his leash and proper tonight.

I think it will be like the first debate. He did okay for the first 20-30 minutes, but unless he's drugged, he can't keep himself under control for longer than that.

I have brownies baking in the oven right now. I also have ice cream and chocolate syrup if anybody wants a brownie sundae. :pb_smile:

I am so flipping sick of hearing about Bill Clinton!!! 

And I don't think he'll (Trump) be able to behave himself. I think he'll spend a good 10-15 minutes supporting himself, but then he'll lose it. 

Yeah, I'm starting to think I'm wrong. This appearance with the Bill Clinton appearance is a pretty decent preview of what we are going to get tonight. I honestly thought that he would get his ass on the wagon for just one night to live another day.

7 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Holy shit! He brought in Broderick, Wiley, and Jones. I may be wrong - it looks like he's gonna go there. O.O

The problem for Trump is that I don't think he is actually capable of reigning it in if he's provoked enough. He doesn't have the emotional maturity or mental capacity to ignore the taunts and jabs Hillary is likely going to lob at him. He's too thin-skinned for that and I don't think he really understands that blaming Hillary for "standing by her man" is probably going to backfire spectacularly in the long run - either because he'll look like a massive hypocrite due to his own affairs and sexual assault allegations or because a lot of people aren't going to appreciate him blaming the wife for the husband's indiscretions (or crimes depending on the story.)  

I'm genuinely shocked that he just pulled that stunt. Just when I think he can't get lower, he surprises me again. 

He's using those women as pawns to rattle Hillary. It's really in poor taste because we all know he doesn't give a crap about them. That was a disgusting low.

Oh for the love of cheese!!! 

How do people buy this smoke that he's blowing?? I am seriously struggling to truly understand this. 

(And I'm popping popcorn and have a six-pack ready for this show tonight. I can't wait to see what else he does to top this nightmare that he's creating.) 

5 hours ago, Destiny said:

Happy debate day ladies and gentlemen! This topic will unlock 2 hours before the debate, and we will be doing all debate conversation here. @HerNameIsBuffy and I will be doing our best to recap the festivities.

.....I'm actually sorta excited for this, not gonna lie.

Just a little fair warning:  I'm currently passing a kidney stone which I've named Trump, so I may be less less kittens and cupcakes than normal.  I'll be watching on CNN as soon as I get downstairs because lesser of the evils, I guess.  I hate news media almost as much as I hate politicians.

OMFG! Kayleigh! SHUT THE FUCK UP! You outrageous double standard loving asshole. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE !

Only Bill Clinton has accusations? And no one has ever heard the stories and MSM has ignored it? BULLSHIT. I knew all these names off the top of my head. These were big stories in the 90s.

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Just a little fair warning:  I'm currently passing a kidney stone which I've named Trump, so I may be less less kittens and cupcakes than normal.  I'll be watching on CNN as soon as I get downstairs because lesser of the evils, I guess.  I hate news media almost as much as I hate politicians.

Fair warning on my end: I have a bottle of wine here and I plan to fucking finish it because I'm already enraged. 

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

OMFG! Kayleigh! SHUT THE FUCK UP! You outrageous double standard loving asshole. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE !

Only Bill Clinton has accusations? And no one has ever heard the stories and MSM has ignored it? BULLSHIT. I knew all these names off the top of my head. These were big stories in the 90s.

Faux News hasn't reported those accusations, so therefore? They must not have happened.  

(And I was pretty young during Bill's terms - but I knew of each and every one of those ladies.)

Me: Hey, do I have time for a shower before the debate starts?

Husband: I guess. But you'll probably need one more after it.

Me: Good point. (And is now using my time stocking up on booze and removing all possible projectiles from the area. It's a newish tv - throwing things at it would be bad...)

This has the potential to be an epic shit show. What the hell has our political system devolved into?

My usual PSA for those without access to a television:

If you have the Tune In app on your phone or tablet, you can listen to the audio from CNN. I'm listening right now until the debate live stream starts up on YouTube. Twitter, Facebook, and many other outlets will have a live stream available of the debate. :pb_smile:

I was away for a bit and just caught up on that appearance with the accusers. Damn. He's quadrupling down here.

Not sure how much I'll post during the debate. We'll have friends over and I'm closet FJ user.

6 minutes ago, Scribber said:

Faux News hasn't reported those accusations, so therefore? They must not have happened.  

(And I was pretty young during Bill's terms - but I knew of each and every one of those ladies.)

Exactly. I was a teenager, and I knew all those names off the top of my head. BULLSHIT they have been ignored by the media.

Luna is in my lap and ready to go. I have wine, cheese, popcorn, and chocolate. Let's do this!

I was worried that when the hurricane knocked out our power, that we would miss the debate.  Now our power is back, and my in-laws are coming over to watch because their cable is out.

My debate beverage of choice:  a home-steeped liqueur we made called "Dark & Stormy Pineapple" (dark rum, crushed pineapple, cloves, simple syrup)

I have juice, water, ovaltine, next to me and half a norco - food TBD as soon as somone brings it down to me.  I'm ensconced in fleece and under a comforter with Sham-Wow on the back of the couch.

Bring it on.

I officially hate all of these people.  And my ignorance will be showing because I don't watch TV so I don't know these commentators by name.  And I should probably say I do have political opinions but I don't comment much because it would lead to rage posting.  

Trump is walking into the arena...how I wish it were filled with gladiators and hungry lions.

The SEVERE dislike of Kayleigh from the rest of the CNN panel is palpable. Kayleigh reminds me of a 20something who knows everything but has no life experience.

I would love to be a fly on Preibus' wall right now.

• Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived