IGNORED

The Second Debate: Cheeto vs Hillary

Destiny

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanksgiving dinner over (very delicious) and now watching Blue Jays/Rangers (5 - 2 after third inning). We are going to record the debate but I will be reading your sure-to-be wonderful recaps and comments until then. You gotta say one thing for the Trumpster - he's going to bring in yuuge ratings!  I'm pretty stoked, I have to say.  

Enjoy your beverages, everyone. 

ETA shit. 5 - 4 now!!!

Pre-debate formalities from the chairs, co-chairs, etc from commission on presidential debates.  This will likely be the only time we see civil and professional behavior tonight.

Designed format - different this time citizen from Gallop who are uncommitted in area will be participating and asking questions.  Candidates able to really have a discussion rather than just rapid fire questions.  No one - not committee or candidates know what the citizens will ask.

Asking for respect to those watching by not cheering, yelling, etc.  Said at every graduation ceremony and no one ever listens.

No electronic devices? LOLOLOLOL! Like THAT is going to work. They are on a college campus FFS.

By the way, glass #1 has commenced.

Hillary just walked in - smiling Chelsea at her side arm around her - Bill walking 2 steps behind.  

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

No electronic devices? LOLOLOLOL! Like THAT is going to work. They are on a college campus FFS.

By the way, glass #1 has commenced.

and they're sponsored by FB, Twitter, and AOL.  

AOL is kind of like Trump in a way...somehow seen as relevant but no one knows why.

So, Donald Trump is "entering the arena"?  Folks, if you  have a couple mins, go to YouTube, search for "entry of the gladiators" by Julius Fucik, and have a brief listen. Trust me!

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

I think it will be like the first debate. He did okay for the first 20-30 minutes, but unless he's drugged, he can't keep himself under control for longer than that.

I have brownies baking in the oven right now. I also have ice cream and chocolate syrup if anybody wants a brownie sundae. :pb_smile:

I'll take a brownie sundae! Do you deliver, or should I stop by? :my_smile:

38 minutes ago, Geechee Girl said:

He's using those women as pawns to rattle Hillary. It's really in poor taste because we all know he doesn't give a crap about them. That was a disgusting low.

Yes, he is using them. The thing he doesn't get is that Hillary has been dealing with Bill basically her entire adult life. I can't see this rattling her.

Some dude with white hair is going on about the sponsors. I mean, I know sponsors are important, but this feels out of place. Is this normal and I just don't usually watch enough of this shit to know it?

I feel like now is the time to mention that I have an undying love for Anderson Cooper, and the only reason I haven't proposed is that his husband would probably not approve. I don't know the Martha lady from ABC who is moderating - I usually read, not watch the news.

....should someone tell this dude that they have already been live for like 10 minutes? He just warned the people that they would go live at 8...Uh, about that.

Washington U dude: I have no intention of attending your university. Please stop trying to sell me on it and get on with the fucking show.

New Washington U dude: Next Door walked in, so I have no idea who the heck he is, but he's trying to convince me that this is IMPORTANT y'all. I mean, I would have had no idea this was important if he didn't tell me. (I think he might be student body president, but I'm honestly not sure.)

Ohhhhh, the introduction of the spouses is coming. This should prove interesting - will they shake hands or not DUN DUN DUN!?

I can't drink. Because Pregasaurus Rex. Someone do shots in my honor? Pretty please?

Husband and I are eagerly awaiting the start of the debate. There may be a fair bit of yelling and item throwing - he's Italian and I'm slowly turning into a good Italian Housewife. We're a passionate people. :pb_lol: 

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Yes, he is using them. The thing he doesn't get is that Hillary has been dealing with Bill basically her entire adult life. I can't see this rattling her.

I am fully convinced that Hillary and Bill have nothing more than an elaborate business deal, and it's been a mutually beneficial deal. (Sure, she may have at one time loved him. And she was likely hurt by him greatly. But at this point? She's used to dealing with his crap, and she's got a pretty  nice life for herself.) 

(I say this knowing a couple married for 30+ years whose marriage parallels theirs - minus the widespread fame. Their deal is very much a business, and it's worked well for them. He has had "side pieces" - her words - and she has benefited career wise from him. They now have a pretty fantastic friendship, and just stay married because "Why not" )

they are wondering if the families will shake hands...i couldn't have less fucks to give if BC and MT shake hands.

Hands were shook.  MT looks pissed and tense - Chelsea looks relaxed like she's hosting a BBQ and Bill chagrined and like he just wants to get back to Pokemon Go.

Anderson Cooper said something.  

If you were keeping score at home: handshakes appear to have happened.

Anderson and Martha have come out and are repeating the thou shalt not booo / applaud / etc request.

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Bill chagrined and like he just wants to get back to Pokemon Go.

I have to go take a break and get a tissue for my screen, because you made me spew my wine. I fucking love you B.

We are apparently thinking about things a bit now. I guess it takes a while to sit down?

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I can't drink. Because Pregasaurus Rex. Someone do shots in my honor? Pretty please?

Husband and I are eagerly awaiting the start of the debate. There may be a fair bit of yelling and item throwing - he's Italian and I'm slowly turning into a good Italian Housewife. We're a passionate people. :pb_lol: 

I wish I could! I'm at work so I can't drink, yell, or throw things! This is a nightmare. I wasn't even going to watch but morbid curiosity got the best of me.

Are these citizens "undecided" because they hate both of them and can't fucking believe these are our options (like me) or undecided which of these candidates will fit their needs?  If the latter they need to have their right to vote revoked.

I can't wait for this.

I just saw this video and had to laugh because the song really is perfect for him. Carly SImon even changed "your scarf it was apricot" to "your skin it was apricot."

The (younger?) trump son with the dark hair looks like he smells something unpleasant. LOL

6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I feel like now is the time to mention that I have an undying love for Anderson Cooper, and the only reason I haven't proposed is that his husband would probably not approve. I don't know the Martha lady from ABC who is moderating - I usually read, not watch the news.

Right there with ya on AC. I've always loved him. I hope he holds Cheeto's feet to the flame.

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

The (younger?) trump son with the dark hair looks like he smells something unpleasant. LOL

He IS something unpleasant.

The stench of his father's campaign.

I'm ready! A whole lot of women have stayed with their husbands who have strayed, so Cheeto will get nowhere with criticising Hillary for that. Hillary has been married once, how surprising that his evangelical supporters think he somehow is Christian? 

Go get um' Hillary!

Ooh, no handshake between Hillary and Cheeto this time. She looks good. He needs to either button all the buttons of his jacket or unbutton completely.

That's Donald Jr. the eldest of the Trump kids. According to SNL, the three eldest kids are:

Donald Jr., The Brains

Ivanka, The Beauty

And Eric

:pb_lol:

49 minutes ago, Geechee Girl said:

He's using those women as pawns to rattle Hillary. It's really in poor taste because we all know he doesn't give a crap about them. That was a disgusting low.

How do they not see this?? I get not supporting Hillary because of Bill, but then to turn around and support Trump makes no sense.

I didn't know about them, only Monica Lewinsky, until recently. I was a kid when the Lewinsky scandal hit. I had also only recently learned about Victoria's Secret, and to child HPF sex scandal and scantily clad ladies were similar, so I got mixed up and thought it was Victoria Lewinsky and Monica's Secret.

Eating popcorn and wishing I had alcohol. It's starting!

28 minutes ago, Destiny said:

The SEVERE dislike of Kayleigh from the rest of the CNN panel is palpable. Kayleigh reminds me of a 20something who knows everything but has no life experience.

I would love to be a fly on Preibus' wall right now.

I'm watching MSBNC. I need Maddow to get through this.

and that seems like an accurate summary of her/lots of people my generation.

7 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Sorry, I rarely drink, but I will raise my iced tea glass to the east for you while I mutter obscenities! :pb_lol:

Archived