IGNORED

BOOK REVIEW: "The Power of a Transformed Wife"

37 minutes ago, Shiny said:

She has responded a ton. It is the worst thing she could be doing. All this is going to do is attract negative attention...how can she not see that! 

Silly, silly Shiny!   Because she is the mouth of GOD! GOD does not attract negative attention, she (Lori) is RIGHT! <stomps foot>

6 hours ago, polecat said:

Oh, Cassie, it's the very definition of Christ-like. Christ was pretty vocal about condemning people's opinions. 

Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, saying, "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat: all therefore <snip giant KJV text>

All the KJV old English makes my head hurt! No wonder these fundies don't understand what they are reading!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Koala said:

You have to pay close attention to what Lori says:

She starts off saying the accusations are false and that she's being slandered (although she gives no specific examples).  She ends with complaining that she is being cyber stalked because people read her blog and are able post direct quotes showing the horrific things she's said / pointing out how frequently her advice contradicts her life choices.  

Ken shared those concerns when he was here.  It seems he equates people reading & quoting Lori's public blog with tabloid reporters stealing a diary and divulging what's inside.  He also feels that her free speech has been inhibited, and that things said in comments can't be taken seriously.

If every word from her mouth is God himself mentoring women through her like she always insinuates she ought not feel threatened by people reading  and quoting her comments. The more people see what God said, the better, no?

40 minutes ago, Shiny said:

She has responded a ton. It is the worst thing she could be doing. All this is going to do is attract negative attention...how can she not see that! 

I don't think she understands that Amazon is not Blogger, her book order page is not her blog, and the reviews on her book are not comments on said blog. Someone really needs to explain this to her.

Or not. It's probably too late. :my_rolleyes:

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

All the KJV old English makes my head hurt! No wonder these fundies don't understand what they are reading!

Ha, sorry -- I did provide a handy dandy translation, though! 

"Then Jesus spoke to the women and the blog followers, saying, "The Alexanders tell people to do what they say and not what they do/did (birth control, working wife, unsubmissive marriage, etc.). They put heavy, difficult, painful burdens on women's shoulders, but they wouldn't dream of carrying such burdens themselves.

"Everything they do is to make themselves look righteous. They talk about modesty and sacrifice, but they show off their cleavage to their navels and live lives of luxury. Mrs. Alexander loves nothing more than to be known as a 'wise older woman' and blogs incessantly to achieve that title.

"But this title is not hers. She sets herself above God, and her husband dictates all the ways Jesus is wrong. There is only one who is your master, and that is Christ. The Alexanders exalt themselves, but they shall one day be abased.

"Woe unto you, Alexanders, you hypocrites. You make the kingdom of heaven inaccessible to women with your silly rules and wicked pronouncements, but you won't be going in yourself." 

2 hours ago, Shiny said:

It's bad for her but good for potential readers. Most actually decent people will take one look at that hot mess of comments from her, her husband, her kid, etc. and run far, far away. 

My my!  This family is pure gold.  I'm laughing my butt off at Lori's petulant childish responses.  Holy smokes, are there even two brain cells to rub together between the three of them?

Prior to this thread, I wasn't familiar with Lori and Ken. Now I'm going to need to go back and read all the old stuff because this woman is unbelievable! 

OMG I was reading the reviews   I read more than one that said "I have not read this book but its going to be great -   5 stars!"

HOW do these get approved and how do I get them to review my books??  I'm so ungodly...can't get people who haven't read my books to leave five star reviews. 

Or the church - GOD - to support me and my kids since my husband died.  Stupid-working-for-a-living    Where are these handouts??

MUST PRAY HARDER.  or something....doing something wrong here....  Need to stop being all ragey. ....

38 minutes ago, sta_sha said:

Prior to this thread, I wasn't familiar with Lori and Ken. Now I'm going to need to go back and read all the old stuff because this woman is unbelievable! 

Oh, are you ever in for a ride down the rabbit hole. :pb_eek:  Here are a few rescue ferrets to take with you, you're definitely going to need them. :ferret::ferret::ferret:

I love this review:

Thousands of godly women like me are hoping this will be the first of many Lori Alexander-authored books! 

If you read the entire comment, it's another 5 star review from someone who has yet to read the book.

I also love that she knows, and has communicated with "thousands" of godly women like her, who want more Lori Alexander books.  How do these godly home dwellers meet so many people?  :my_dodgy:

Dear Reviewer, 

Here's a little verse to remember when you're bragging to the freaking Amazon about how godly you are:

Proverbs 27:2

Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.

That's right.  You aren't supposed to tell people how godly you are.

I also like that Lori is tagging "Blessings!" onto the end of her snotty remarks on Amazon.

Yes, those who research the actual words that I have written and not those who slander me will see that your accusations are false. Blessings!

Translation:

You're a fucking liar!

I don't know what the word "slander" means.

Be a dear and don't quote me!

Blessings!

ps- because this can't be said enough.  *If* Lori has saved thousands of marriages, and *if* thousands of godly women want her to write all the books, WHERE ARE THEY???  There are only 16 positive reviews.  Many of them haven't even read the book.  Where are all the sheeple?

Maybe a fool and his money aren't so easily parted...

26 minutes ago, Koala said:

I love this review:

If you read the entire comment, it's another 5 star review from someone who has yet to read the book.

I also love that she knows, and has communicated with "thousands" of godly women like her, who want more Lori Alexander books.  How do these godly home dwellers meet so many people?  :my_dodgy:

Dear Reviewer, 

Here's a little verse to remember when you're bragging to the freaking Amazon about how godly you are:

Proverbs 27:2

Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.

That's right.  You aren't supposed to tell people how godly you are.

I also like that Lori is tagging "Blessings!" onto the end of her snotty remarks on Amazon.

Translation:

ps- because this can't be said enough.  *If* Lori has saved thousands of marriages, and *if* thousands of godly women want her to write all the books, WHERE ARE THEY???  There are only 16 positive reviews.  Many of them haven't even read the book.  Where are all the sheeple?

Maybe a fool and his money aren't so easily parted...

Regarding the "thousands of saved marriages," I asked the same question about her blog. Where were all the newly happy wives that could have been commenting or, better yet, writing guest posts about how she helped them??  I think I even asked Ken that question when he was here. Let's also remember that Ken says it is MILLIONS. Lori has saved millions of marriages!!!ELEVENTY!!! Did Cassie also say that in her little Amazon tantrum?  

I noticed that one of Lori's recent notebook scripture doodles is about food. Might she be reading our discussion???   I feel it is only right that I tattle to Ken about this, considering he forbids her from reading here.  Not very submissive, that one. 

Where on her new blog, Transformed Wife, is she being a cry baby about negative reviews? I can't find the post. 

7 minutes ago, freealljs said:

Where on her new blog, Transformed Wife, is she being a cry baby about negative reviews? I can't find the post. 

It seems you can only get to it through Facebook. Try this link, FB is where I got it:  https://thetransformedwife.com/negative-reviews-on-amazon/

In doing a quick skim of the Amazon reviews, I did not see where Lori responded to any of the positive reviews. She and her family have been quick to respond to many of the negative ones with their snotty little "blessings."  They cannot, however take the time to say "thank you for the encouragement" to those who compliment her?? It just shows how much they love to argue. They're eating this stuff up like a big nourishing salad. 

I think I read somewhere that it's next to impossible for narcissists to resist responding to criticism--when their egos are threatened they are compelled to prove the critic wrong. 

(I'm not a mental health professional and I'm certainly not trying to diagnose anyone.  :my_angel:  Just passing on an interesting tidbit of information.)

4 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

OMG I was reading the reviews   I read more than one that said "I have not read this book but its going to be great -   5 stars!"

HOW do these get approved and how do I get them to review my books??  I'm so ungodly...can't get people who haven't read my books to leave five star reviews. 

Or the church - GOD - to support me and my kids since my husband died.  Stupid-working-for-a-living    Where are these handouts??

MUST PRAY HARDER.  or something....doing something wrong here....  Need to stop being all ragey. ....

There are all sorts of ridiculous reviews on Amazon.

http://www.oddee.com/item_97118.aspx

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adamdavis/amazon-reviews?utm_term=.omQZlkAjq#.ru26dNEwY

.    I don't think Amazon is too discerning.

She has been quoted in the comments of one of the Amazon reviews as saying the following:

Lori Alexander
Yesterday at 2:15pm
The concern Ken and I had about selling my book on Amazon was because of those who hate me and my message and they have begun posting nasty reviews about me and my blog on Amazon without even reading my book. Can any of you who feel led publish a review what you know about what I write even if you haven't bought my book or read it? I know who the enemy is that we are fighting but if a bunch of you would say something positive about it, we can at least make a dent. Thank you!

:my_confused: She's getting into "word salad" territory.

I also love that she's trying to paint a God (Lori) vs. The Devil Himself (I guess that's us) picture for her readers people who haven't bothered to read her book.

She says the following on Facebook:

What man intends for evil, God can use for good and it is Him they are really fighting against.

Nope, Lori.  It's you.  Hard as it may be to believe, you aren't God, and disagreeing with you doesn't = disagreeing with the Almighty himself.

Also of note- even one of her positive (4 star) reviews mentions her entanglement with the Pearls:

My only caution was within her blog where she points to the child rearing advice of Michael and Debbi Pearl. I agree with the Bible where we are to love and discipline our children ( which sometimes does mean spanking) but there is so much controversy with the Pearls. However, in all fairness I never read the pearls book about child rearing ... I did read the negative Amazon reviews that people typed- adding excerpts from the Pearls book....And some of the things I read worried me regarding physical discipline of a baby well under one years old

Well honey, I have news for you.  Not only do the Pearls advocate it, The Godly Mentor also advocates it- strongly.  

She finishes:

I do look forward to buying The Power of a Transformed Wife

Someday...probably not today though.  Tomorrow isn't looking to good either.  

11 minutes ago, gWife said:

Yes, FB, but also try going to the (current month) archives on her page.  I usually have to go that route to see the newest post.

I thought of that yesterday, but it wasn't showing up in the archives, either. It's there now, though, and in fact if you just go to the blog itself, the post is the first one that shows up. I wonder if she took it down temporarily and put it back up this morning. 

My thought process is the Word of God. Period. 

Where is that? that is beyond smug and gets into the dangerously delusional territory

Edit: never mind, found it. The newest post wasn't showing. 

11 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I think I read somewhere that it's next to impossible for narcissists to resist responding to criticism--when their egos are threatened they are compelled to prove the critic wrong. 

(I'm not a mental health professional and I'm certainly not trying to diagnose anyone.  :my_angel:  Just passing on an interesting tidbit of information.)

They are actually very fragile, so they always have to defend everything. Even when there is no actual criticism, my probably NPD sister-in-law has to defend every choice she makes with long monologues full of reasons that often do not even make sense. Criticism also leads her to conspiracy theories. Sometimes, it isn't even actual criticism but is perceived as criticism and then she works up a full blown conspiracy theory that someone is out to get her. Favorite example: I stopped at her coffeehouse one day years ago to get a mocha. I saw a co-worker going out as I went in. When I got to the counter, SiL went off on a rant about the co-worker being part of a conspiracy against her business. In her narcissist mind, since the co-worker's sister knew the person who owned the business next to the nail salon where she (SiL) had recently stopped going, my co-worker, her sister, the business owner and the nail salon owner were working together to undermine SiL's coffeehouse. 

What brought this theory on? My co-worker had asked this question before ordering a drink that morning: "Do you have anything that is kind of like a caramel macchiato?". 

And I have no doubt that SiL spent the rest of that day ripping apart all four people to every customer that came in.

There have only been 4 reviews from verified purchases.  I wonder how many of these books she's actually sold so far. You'd think some of the kazillion women who have had their marriages saved by Lori would like a copy.  

Also, remember this comment by Lori:

Thank you for your comment because now people will come to my blog and see that what you have written is false. Blessings!

The reviewer posted back:

What exactly are you contesting? I can cite anything to prove what I wrote is factual. 

Yeah, Lori let that one be.  It's one thing to accuse someone of being a liar, it's another for them to start quoting you and prove that you're the liar.

I bet Lori was hoping they'd go to The Transformed Wife blog instead of Always Learning.  It'd take her eons to clean up all the garbage she spewed on that blog.

In other news, Lori is continuing to lie to her readers:

Today:

We lived in a 10 X 40 for the first few years of our life and were very happy in it.

2014:

We found this little trailer that we paid $230 a month for and my parents gave us that little

Ken remembers being so happy there. I remember being so unhappy.

:pb_rollseyes:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived