IGNORED

Rembis Fam: 11 kids, CPS, antivax, homeschool, CPS

Howl

reading the last article...I can see where removing the kids was probably the best thing that could be done.

HOWEVER...I will not back down on the bullshit that CPS is capable of...

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

They have a placenta encapsulation business, but leave their own to rot in a tub in the bedroom? 

:puke-front:

Maybe they're turning that one into wine. 

Ewwwwwwwww. How disgusting do you have to be to give birth in a pool in the bathroom, which is then left uncleaned with the placenta floating in the water, for months. Do they not notice the smell? Okay, the smell of the placenta is mixed in with other things, like sweaty unwashed bodies and shit, but that is no better. Even the Nauglers do not leave placentas rotting in the house after birth, and they live in a shed in the woods furnished by trash.

22 month old, kept in a closet when the parents are out? Oh, they meant to call a neighbour to ask them to look after her? But then left her in the closet in the meantime?

That is disgusting, and I think it is for the best if they don't get their kids back. They've had enough chances now. Their first CPS investigation was in 2001.

Kids digging through garbage cans and dumpsters for food? 

Naw.

Ma says if they were hungry they'd grab a banana, from the locked fridge...:banana-dance:

Also, 10 pairs of PJ's = a lot of time cutting and sewing. It would take me much longer than 1.5 days even if my kids weren't around because I like to eat meals, take drinks, use the lavatory and sleep at some point at least once every 24 hours. 

NaugLog would just love this woman,  RembisRod. That, or it would be like an episode of celebrity death match.

I keep thinking the Nogs and the Rems MUST be related, or at least went to the same (un)prepping school.

Planets are colliding..... shit is getting stirred....

Clearly, we are in end times.

(One more thought.  Can you imagine being the CPS worker assigned to both cases?!)

7 hours ago, Howl said:

The parents can't feed the kids, or clean up the placenta, but she has time to sew up matching sets of pajamas for all 11 kids in 1.5 days (as noted on her facebook page)?

Total speculation here, but I can't help but wonder about Bipolar Disorder. Depression might make it hard to function on a day-to-day basis, with an intense burst of excessive activity when the mania hits.

This is just a guess based on the limited facts available, not a professional opinion.

8 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

Also, their placenta encapsulation business may explain the birthing tub: http://www.itsyourplacenta.com/page2

Quote from their page (warning, contains graphic content):

We process your placenta into easy to swallow, vegetarian, non-GMO capsules. Choose the method that works best for your family.

~ RAW foods method. Moms rave about the initial energy boost that these capsules provide.

~ Traditional Chinese Medicine method (inspired by the Chinese). Known in the US as the, "Traditional Chinese Medicine method", Your Placenta is prepared with organic ginger, lemon & green chili.

~ Custom herbal tea. I will steam your placenta in an herbal tea of your choice. All of my herbs are USDA certified organic & most are locally sourced.

Thanks a lot for that link, fundiefarmer. I struggled not to eat some if my freshly baked brownies, but suddenly it got a lot easier.

4 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

placenta into easy to swallow,

Nothing about placenta = easy to swallow, in whatever form.

Kudos to them for having a "business." but... I am shopping elsewhere for vitamins and supplements.

5 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

We process your placenta into easy to swallow, vegetarian, non-GMO capsules. Choose the method that works best for your family.

I am distracted by small details, but on what planet could a placenta possibly be described as vegetarian

32 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I am distracted by small details, but on what planet could a placenta possibly be described as vegetarian

That made me laugh, but I guess it could be. It just couldn't be vegan. I'm a vegetarian but not a vegan so I guess I could be living off placentas like it was 1981 (when I was a fetus). I won't be, though, because I'm not insane.

1 hour ago, Coy Koi said:

That made me laugh, but I guess it could be. It just couldn't be vegan. I'm a vegetarian but not a vegan so I guess I could be living off placentas like it was 1981 (when I was a fetus). I won't be, though, because I'm not insane.

I guess maybe if it was MY placenta, and I was eating it (look what you've done to me, Free Jinger!) it would count as vegetarian, because I was was the only animal harmed in the making of it?*  It just wouldn't be vegetarian for anyone else?   So eating one's own placenta is fine, but other veggies shouldn't eat my Placenta paté, as per that Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall programme years ago...

(*and of course, getting serious for a moment, this argument wouldn't fly here, because it sounds like all those kids were harmed in the context of the pills being made...)

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

Maybe if the mum is grain fed?

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Total speculation here, but I can't help but wonder about Bipolar Disorder. Depression might make it hard to function on a day-to-day basis, with an intense burst of excessive activity when the mania hits.

This is just a guess based on the limited facts available, not a professional opinion.

This crossed my mind as well.  Whatever it is, something about the parents just isn't right. 

18 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I am so not clicking on a link that says "its your placenta" nope not going there

My thoughts exactly. 

16 hours ago, Mercer said:

I was also thinking about that as a possibility. I had a very dear friend that was like that. Some days she couldn't get out of bed, others she was scrubbing down the house for 48 hours straight. She had both bipolar disorder and Graves Disease. 

As far as the placenta goes, it's vegetarian because no animal died. I think, technically, you could eat any animal placenta as a vegetarian. This presumes the reason for being vegetarian is because one doesn't want animals to die to feed them.

As far as the website description goes, I belive the capsules encasing the placenta are vegetarian. Non-vegetarian capsules are made with gelatin which is derived from bone and skin.

Gross about the placenta in the pool. I've been reading tidbits of this family and its horrifying. I'm following their page on Feb because its so snarkable. I hope these kids can get somewhere better because it doesn't sound like their parents will straighten up 

The parents have already proven they won't comply.  Now that their children have been removed, I'm sure there will be a token effort so they can get the kids back.  I suspect once they do though, things will go right back to the way they were.  It's clear they cannot cope with that many children and won't bother even trying.

Hmmm, disagree that vegetarianism is about if the animal dies or not - I'm veggie, and I wouldn't eat eg a chicken wing or leg taken off a bird that's still alive, or a leg of lamb knowing the animal its from is out there on 3 legs somewhere. 

It's about the meat, not whether the animal is dead or not.  But obvs I'm being pedantic here, and other vegetarians' mileage may vary, as always.  And it's all ridiculous.

On 9/22/2016 at 8:38 PM, foreign fundie said:

Quote from their page (warning, contains graphic content):

~ RAW foods method. Moms rave about the initial energy boost that these capsules provide.

~ Traditional Chinese Medicine method (inspired by the Chinese). Known in the US as the, "Traditional Chinese Medicine method", Your Placenta is prepared with organic ginger, lemon & green chili.

~ Custom herbal tea. I will steam your placenta in an herbal tea of your choice. All of my herbs are USDA certified organic & most are locally sourced.

Thanks a lot for that link, fundiefarmer. I struggled not to eat some if my freshly baked brownies, but suddenly it got a lot easier.

Someone has likely said this.... but how is eating PART OF A HUMAN BODY, VEGETARIAN????

23 minutes ago, Howl said:

Now I'm reeeeeally wondering what's in that locked refrigerator......

I don't know, and I don't want to know. I'd probably wish it were just placentas in there. 

Huh, I just thought they locked the fridge to keep their kids from eating what's in there.  I've read about abuse cases where parents do that, most horribly the case of the Jackson boys (which is maybe the worst kind of abuse I've ever seen).  They locked AND alarmed the refrigerator, and so the boys started chewing on the drywall; all 3 boys were so malnourished and stunted in growth that the police thought the 18-year-old was 9 or 10.  The sick thing was the girls in the family were treated well, but the adopted boys got this treatment. 

On September 22, 2016 at 1:38 PM, FundieFarmer said:

Evidently there are some concerns about the mental stability of the oldest child, and supposedly he has drug issues...or so says one of the most recent articles published. That may be part of the reason he's not getting custody. 

Also, their placenta encapsulation business may explain the birthing tub: http://www.itsyourplacenta.com/page2

I could of lived my entire life without reading that. 

At least I am no longer hungry! 

6 hours ago, MzMcLean said:

Someone has likely said this.... but how is eating PART OF A HUMAN BODY, VEGETARIAN????

The capsules themselves may be vegetarian, but the placenta sure as hell isn't.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived