IGNORED

Dilldereal 18

SpoonfulOSugar

TLC posted this as an episode teaser late Thursday night. It showed up on my DVR this morning. 

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/jill-jessa-counting-on/counting-on-videos/israel-dillard-gets-a-swimming-lesson/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=countingontlc&sf34982466=1

If Jill got knocked up during this trip (anniversary is 6/21), she could easily have made an announcement to the family. Remember, she didn't even wait for the pee to dry to announce Izzy. 

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So 2 parents take their kid swimming. Boring. The only interesting thing about 19 KAC was the size of the family. Parents with 1 kid is not a show. That's just ordinary. How can they keep this going?

Based on that video of Meredith I'm guessing Josh and Anna are in the Siloam Springs house. I know there was some sketchy stuff happening with the sale though so maybe I'm wrong. It looked like it though. I think Jill and Derick are in the pool house.

That flooring in the Meredith video is the same as the flooring of video seen at the Guest House on the Duggar compound. No way they let Smuggar escape 15 miles away; there's a reason he looked like death warmed over at that air show. And there's a reason they're selling cars on the lawn of the Pool House, rather than a real lot. No commute for Josh, except across a lawn, and I doubt he even does that, allowing his brothers to do his deals for him. 

Of course, the houses could have the same flooring, given they have the same "contractors." But the McMansion didn't have that flooring, and they re-did that entire place after the Guest House, but before Sialom Springs. 

Just throwing out some possibilities to chew on. 

8 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

So 2 parents take their kid swimming. Boring. The only interesting thing about 19 KAC was the size of the family. Parents with 1 kid is not a show. That's just ordinary. How can they keep this going?

swimming is a step up from going to the dentist with Israel. 

and we see Jill's knees without her worrying to cover them up 

12 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

How do we know that Jill hasn't had a miscarriage and they have just never announced the pregnancy and miscarriage? This is a very real and I think likely possibility.

I feel like if Jill had a miscarriage she would've made a blog post about it. Guaranteed sympathy, more page views and donations. 

I feel like if Jill had a miscarriage she would've made a blog post about it. Guaranteed sympathy, more page views and donations. 

I'd be surprised if Jill had miscarried, because I'd have expected a pregnancy announcement the moment the pee stick was dry, as with Izzy.

13 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Even if all the married kids had 8 kids, it would not be a show. The Duggars gained notoriety in being the first mega family with a fame whore at the helm.

I agree about how can they keep this going. They represent nothing of entertainment or educational value. If the "religious" angle is moot when you consider Josh, JB and Micelle's behaviors and decisions.

We had missionaries in church today (a retired minister and his wife) who had just returned from somewhere in Africa (I can't remember where exactly) 

They talked about how they had helped farmers get the most out of their land by providing farming machinery; how they'd helped set up schools for local children and train teachers; helped provide cows and goats and also set up water pumps in rural villages. 

It made me realise how futile the Dillard's attempt at missioning has been. What have they actually done to benefit the people? 

I wish there was  a way to make Derick and Jill answer a question about what they actually did down there.  Compared to what you just wrote about the missionaries at your church,  even somewhere in Derick's thick skull he would have to appreciate that what they did compared to the other missionaries described above was pretty useless. 

Missionaries should first do good deeds.  Lead others to their faith by example and generosity of spirit and actions.  Be the living hands of God and do actual work.  Actions rather than Preachings will bring people to your faith more than anything else. 

Now, I for one don't agree with mission work.  I mean, who are we to say that our faith is somehow better than whatever belief system indigenous people already have.  I am, however a big supporter of humanitarian aid.  And if Churches want to sponsor that, then fine, but it should never be conditional of the faith of the receiver.  Ever. 

You know what would be the BEST ratings boost ever?!  If Jill was pregnant, got Zika, and decided to keep the baby.  Why, what a great testimony that would be!  Ratings would be through the roof!  And it wouldn't be cynical or cruel at all!

well of course she would keep the baby.  What choice would she have?  And it would be tragic.  We see how substandard the care the Josie has gotten is?  Can you imagine a child with significant developmental issues?  And as we have been learning, Zika causes a host of other problems as well. 

I would much rather see one of these kids have issues with infertility that to ever wish another innocent child be born to them.  Cute as their babies are,  they are born into a dysfunctional mess.  And when JB's money dries up because he inevitably has to support all of the kidults and their families because the ineffective parenting he and Michelle did left them with an evergrowing supply of dependents,  the ones that remain will have a harsh reality to face.  None are prepared for real work.  None are able to support themselves, none are capable of critical thinking, most have little to no normal social skills.  The older ones have had individuality beaten out of them.  The younger half have been allowed to be lazy, motivated, uneducated, of ill behaved idiots. 

These kids are to be pitied, even into adult hood to a degree, though the adults certainly do have opportunities to leave, but their will to do so is likely mediated by the lure of easy money from daddy as long as they play nicely.

We see how substandard the care the Josie has gotten is? 

Sorry quote function didn't work. Do you mean substandard care at the hospital? At home? I think she is doing darn well for someone who had a rough start.

I have to say though that it is refreshing to see how involved Derrick is with Izzy and how natural and happy he is to spend time with his son. You can see he really loves him. I just don't see that with Ben and Jessa, they're much more awkward to me. 

She got good care in the hospital, but at home I disagree.  She was dragged to Israel even though she was still quite frail.  She became ill there and Michelle and Jill had to stay in Israel with her until she was well enough to travel.  She has had more than one episode of serious illness when JB and M were not at home.  She constantly looks dirty, messy, and ill fed.  I can't say this is true or not, but there hasn't been much mention at all about any sort of follow up on her premie status.  Many micropremies are monitored for years afterwards for many reasons.  She was filmed literally pooping on the show.  Not a health issue directly , but certainly calls into question the judgement of the producers and her parents to allow that.  She seems to be babied much more so than her siblings close in age.  Remember when Jill was still spoon feeding her last year when she was at least 5 or 6? 

Her care at the hospital was great, but her care at home leaves something to be desired.  Most micro-premies will go to a follow-up clinic and we never see any evidence of that.  Why not?  Did they not take Josie to follow-up?  You'd think they'd want to show that.  Or maybe not if they just want to show off their "miracle" child.   The fact is that "miracle" would not exist without a whole hell of a lot of sophisticated medical intervention.   They've also taken a vulnerable NICU graduate to a foreign country where (surprise, surprise) she got sick.  I could go on, but I won't.  @callimojo just posted a good explanation.

I have to say though that it is refreshing to see how involved Derrick is with Izzy and how natural and happy he is to spend time with his son. You can see he really loves him. I just don't see that with Ben and Jessa, they're much more awkward to me. 

Interesting how perspectives can vary. I've thought the same in reverse (that Binessa took to parenthood more than Dill). If I think about it though, I can see it go either way.

Just now, missegeno said:

Interesting how perspectives can vary. I've thought the same in reverse (that Binessa took to parenthood more than Dill). If I think about it though, I can see it go either way.

Yea, but I think you have to give extra credit to Jill and Derrick because they have been raising Izzy mostly alone. Almost everytime we see Spurgeon they're at the Duggar house or Jessa's siblings are over helping out. 

I also have noticed that long before they ever had kids Jill was always more motherly and always talked about wanting kids. I never hear anything other than adoption talk from Jessa. 

Yea, but I think you have to give extra credit to Jill and Derrick because they have been raising Izzy mostly alone. Almost everytime we see Spurgeon they're at the Duggar house or Jessa's siblings are over helping out. 

I also have noticed that long before they ever had kids Jill was always more motherly and always talked about wanting kids. I never hear anything other than adoption talk from Jessa. 

Oh, I certainly think Dill do way more actual parenting than Binessa. Before Spurge was born I thought Jessa would be way less engaged than Jill is. But it's her own son and I think that made a bigger difference to her than to Jill, who just wanted to parent regardless.

42 minutes ago, missegeno said:

Oh, I certainly think Dill do way more actual parenting than Binessa. Before Spurge was born I thought Jessa would be way less engaged than Jill is. But it's her own son and I think that made a bigger difference to her than to Jill, who just wanted to parent regardless.

Yea definitely, I'm pleasantly surprised how well Binessa have taken to having a child. I never really thought they'd be very into it. So I'm even more surprised that theyre having another kid so soon. But I have a feeling Jessa and Ben wanna be the next Michelle and JB.

Jessa and Ben are doing as well as we could have expected them to.  She's showing herself as more engaged with Spurge than she ever was with her siblings which is great (and perhaps more than we hoped), and otherwise they're taking required pics and getting a lot of help.  They've not done anything we haven't expected.

Jill & Derick have done the unexpected and taken themselves off to central america with their newborn.  This means that they have spent months parenting without familial support.  Thus while we don't know how much help Jessa gets and how much parenting she does, we know Jill & Derick have done a lot.

I agree with everyone's take on Josie. I think she got amazing hospital care, but am suspect of the care she got/gets at home. We (at least I) have never seen much of Josie, except in passing, to determine if she is "normal", whatever that may be. I imagine if she had gone to all her followup appointments, TLC would certainly have filmed that, don't ya think? I believe she is largely ignored in the grand scheme of things only to be trotted out when beneficial to the brand.

As to her being carried everywhere, there could be a few explanations for that, none of them good. She has ben carried everywhere always and they have created a monster (you know what I mean), or the latest photo of Jeremy carrying her are to convince us that he loves kids and will be great with the passel that will undoubtedly follow, or she tires easily and is being carried for reasons unknown to us. *shrug* I dunno.

1 hour ago, imokit said:

Jessa and Ben are doing as well as we could have expected them to.  She's showing herself as more engaged with Spurge than she ever was with her siblings which is great (and perhaps more than we hoped), and otherwise they're taking required pics and getting a lot of help.  They've not done anything we haven't expected.

Jill & Derick have done the unexpected and taken themselves off to central america with their newborn.  This means that they have spent months parenting without familial support.  Thus while we don't know how much help Jessa gets and how much parenting she does, we know Jill & Derick have done a lot.

well since endless photos of Jessa at the TTH - I believe she is getting massive help.  I don't believe it - I stand by it 

I am impressed that she loves the kid so much and is nice to it.  I guess it is different when you give birth to it opposed to mandate it.  

and Jill her family visited her in a six month time frame what three times each for what three weeks each 

Michelle had her to a number of followup appointments & probably due to privacy reasons or lack of interest they have stopped filming that. She's a seizure kid so she probably sees a local pediatrician regularly. As I recall, at one of her last visits to Ark.Children's they said she was well enough to be cared for locally now. Unless I'm disremembering that.

The Duggs tend to shy away from admitting there's anything wrong w/her probably b/c it draws critacizm to Michelle for entering into a reckless pregnancy at her age.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived