IGNORED

Seventeen - Not the Magazine - Bateseseses Threads!

SpoonfulOSugar

1 hour ago, QuiverDance said:

That was actually a recording studio in Franklin, TN (Castle Studios).  Franklin is a hair south of Nashville, and there are tons of recording studios here.

Yep, Emily Ann was recording a song for Lawson's album at Castle Studios.  I hope all you fundy maidens are getting all hot and bothered about Lawson's upcoming tour. I wonder who gets to be his accountability partner/roadie. Perhaps Nate?

They could visit Sonics together, looking for pieces of Nate's lost heart.

PS According to Emily Ann's Instagram, she still seems to be with her high school boyfriend, Chris Sasser: http://hollywoodlife.com/celeb/emily-ann-roberts/ 

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Yep, Emily Ann was recording a song for Lawson's album at Castle Studios.  I hope all you fundy maidens are getting all hot and bothered about Lawson's upcoming tour. I wonder who gets to be his accountability partner/roadie. Perhaps Nate?

They could visit Sonics together, looking for pieces of Nate's lost heart.

PS According to Emily Ann's Instagram, she still seems to be with her high school boyfriend, Chris Sasser: http://hollywoodlife.com/celeb/emily-ann-roberts/ 

I almost feel guilty for laughing so hard at this. :pb_lol:

The "Ark Encounter" opens today in Kentucky: http://www.wlwt.com/news/ark-encounter-opens-to-public-thursday/40396580

Shouldn't the Bates be loading up the bus and heading to Kentucky for a UP-filmed field trip?

Holy Christ on a Cracker: Adult tickets are FORTY BUCKS!  PLUS they charge for parking.

https://arkencounter.com/tickets/

22 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

That was actually a recording studio in Franklin, TN (Castle Studios).  Franklin is a hair south of Nashville, and there are tons of recording studios here.

Thank you.  I didn't know that.  Now it makes more sense that Lawson and Emily Ann were there with chaperone Josie.  ;) 

5 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

God forbid they sing together without a chaperone.  That could lead to dancing!

And we all know dancing leads to liquor, drugs, and spiritual corruption.

I really don't get that no dancing thing at all... Like out of all of the rules of these families, that's the one that I find the strangest. There's no somewhat-plausible-justification for it at all.

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

The "Ark Encounter" opens today in Kentucky: http://www.wlwt.com/news/ark-encounter-opens-to-public-thursday/40396580

Shouldn't the Bates be loading up the bus and heading to Kentucky for a UP-filmed field trip?

Holy Christ on a Cracker: Adult tickets are FORTY BUCKS!  PLUS they charge for parking.

https://arkencounter.com/tickets/

Oooh, there's a combo ticket for the Creation Museum and the Ark experience.  $60 for adults and $34 for kids.

I'll spend my money going to the local science museum instead.

1 hour ago, MorningMist said:

I really don't get that no dancing thing at all... Like out of all of the rules of these families, that's the one that I find the strangest. There's no somewhat-plausible-justification for it at all.

Dancing makes people think about your body instead of your countenance and that stirs up desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled and then there is lust and lust is a sin and your causing your brothers in Christ to stumble so best to avoid it all together.

I find that to be as plausible as the justifications for all their other rules.

So resting bitch face is a thing...can resting sad face be a thing? Because I think Nathan has it. He looked like he was holding back tears talking to Kelly about cheese at the beginning of tonight's episode.

I mean, I suppose he could be having Ashley-related feelings, but it seemed so weird, and it's not the first time he's looked sad just standing there.

Did anyone watch the latest episode, and if so, did we learn anything new about...well....Anything? Any updates on Nathan and Ashley or Michael or Tori and Bobby?

31 minutes ago, BirthingGodsWarriors said:

Did anyone watch the latest episode, and if so, did we learn anything new about...well....Anything? Any updates on Nathan and Ashley or Michael or Tori and Bobby?

Absolutely no updates on any of those people.

The family was going to sing at the chili fundraiser for the local volunteer fire department that they go to every year. Kelly had Beta Strep when she was pregnant with Addallee, which according to Kelly affects a baby for up to 72 hours after birth. I'm not sure at what point during that first 72 hours that she stopped breathing, and her heart stopped, and the volunteer firefighters came 8 minutes after they called. Gil did CPR while they waited, and she was starting to "fight to come back" when they arrived and took over to save her life. While she was in the NICU, Gil worked on the spelling of her name so that every letter was repeated twice to show the second chance at life that God gave her. Gil was tearing up talking about it, as he does, though I can't snark on that too much. It's one thing for him to tear up at the possibility of himself dying (as he's done several times this season), but I cut some slack when it comes to a newborn's near-death experience.

Unless it was a homebirth, I'm wondering if it's common to let a Beta Strep baby home from the hospital during those first 72 hours?

Anyway, all the married couples were there for it. Brendan and Michael came from Chicago, and (save for the heavy makeup which I still thought looked pretty), I found her outfit to be MUCH better than how she used to dress pre-marriage. No sooner did she walk in the door did Kelly ask her to do some sewing :pb_rollseyes:

Alyssa and John also came up from Florida. This is now the third episode they've been featured in this season, and according to episode descriptions someone posted upthread, it looks like they'll be in at least one more. I no longer think they're pulling away from Gothardism since they're clearly not pulling away for filming for the show.

The girls gave Lawson some fashion advice for the event. Alyssa was one of the ones who was said to be more fashionable, but I don't recall who else was described that way. Lawson then tried to get everyone under control to practice their song. Chaos ensued. They apparently sing the same song year after year, and the Carlin/Tori/Josie talking head mentioned this. I think it was Carlin who said that, at that point, the firefighters could probably sing it back to them, which I found funny. Gil joked that they chose that song again because it got down to the last minute and they hadn't practiced, and that that was a song they all already knew.

Lawson sang some songs from his album, then the family came up. Gil told the story about Addallee, then they sang.

My takeaway from tonight's episode: how in the actual fuck does a mom of 19 not know about elastic adjustable waists on kids clothes!? 

8 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

My takeaway from tonight's episode: how in the actual fuck does a mom of 19 not know about elastic adjustable waists on kids clothes!? 

I had to laugh that Michael had to show her how to adjust the waist on that skirt.  Then again Michael was probably more involved in dressing the kids....

8 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Absolutely no updates on any of those people.

The family was going to sing at the chili fundraiser for the local volunteer fire department that they go to every year. Kelly had Beta Strep when she was pregnant with Addallee, which according to Kelly affects a baby for up to 72 hours after birth. I'm not sure at what point during that first 72 hours that she stopped breathing, and her heart stopped, and the volunteer firefighters came 8 minutes after they called. Gil did CPR while they waited, and she was starting to "fight to come back" when they arrived and took over to save her life. While she was in the NICU, Gil worked on the spelling of her name so that every letter was repeated twice to show the second chance at life that God gave her. Gil was tearing up talking about it, as he does, though I can't snark on that too much. It's one thing for him to tear up at the possibility of himself dying (as he's done several times this season), but I cut some slack when it comes to a newborn's near-death experience.

Unless it was a homebirth, I'm wondering if it's common to let a Beta Strep baby home from the hospital during those first 72 hours?

Anyway, all the married couples were there for it. Brendan and Michael came from Chicago, and (save for the heavy makeup which I still thought looked pretty), I found her outfit to be MUCH better than how she used to dress pre-marriage. No sooner did she walk in the door did Kelly ask her to do some sewing :pb_rollseyes:

Alyssa and John also came up from Florida. This is now the third episode they've been featured in this season, and according to episode descriptions someone posted upthread, it looks like they'll be in at least one more. I no longer think they're pulling away from Gothardism since they're clearly not pulling away for filming for the show.

The girls gave Lawson some fashion advice for the event. Alyssa was one of the ones who was said to be more fashionable, but I don't recall who else was described that way. Lawson then tried to get everyone under control to practice their song. Chaos ensued. They apparently sing the same song year after year, and the Carlin/Tori/Josie talking head mentioned this. I think it was Carlin who said that, at that point, the firefighters could probably sing it back to them, which I found funny. Gil joked that they chose that song again because it got down to the last minute and they hadn't practiced, and that that was a song they all already knew.

Lawson sang some songs from his album, then the family came up. Gil told the story about Addallee, then they sang.

Carlin and Josie. As a fellow naturally curly-haired girl, I related to the bumps in the back of Josie's straightened hair.

Also, I wish they'd give Trace some fashion advice. He keeps trying to make bow ties his thing (an effort to stand out, maybe?), but they're really not working for him.

22 minutes ago, PianoPounder said:

Also, I wish they'd give Trace some fashion advice. He keeps trying to make bow ties his thing (an effort to stand out, maybe?), but they're really not working for him.

The bow ties are horrendous. Someone in the family needs to sneak into his room, steal them and burn them all.

9 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

I would think it was fairly common.   I was strep positive, had my daughter via C-section and had tubal lit.  on Monday morning at 8:08 am and was home Wednesday by 10 am.    

8 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

Oh and Callie was on Michael like white on rice. Poor baby.

She missed her mom. She probably hadn't seen her in months.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She missed her mom. She probably hadn't seen her in months.

Oh! I forgot about this. Thanks to @QuiverDance for reminding me of the Callie/Michaela thing. (I'm always torn on whether or not to call her Michael or Michaela. They're interchangeable to me tbh.)

One of the things Michaela was sewing was for Callie, and Callie went over to the table with the sewing basket with Michaela. Brandon followed them, and Callie sat on the table while she was searching for the needles. This is the gist of the conversation:

Brandon: Callie, are you going to learn to sew?
Callie: No.
Brandon: No? But what happens if you get a rip in one of your skirts and Michaela's not here to fix them?
Callie: I'll send them her.
Brandon: *laughs*
Michael: Or you can get on a plane and come to my house and I'll fix it for you.
Callie: Okay! I'll do that.

Is it just me or did Alyssa say "What the hell" in one of the scenes in which they were helping Lawson figure out his clothing situation? I thought I caught that but wasn't sure if I just misheard. 

I think she at least started to say that. 

I still think this show is more watchable then the Duggars but this season the episodes just seem so short and pointless. Like half of this episode was the Lawson fasion advice thing (staged) there's got to be more interesting things they could show? Though I do give props to them showing Nathan's failed courtship and not making every episode endless preg updates. I mean Erin and Whitney were both pregnant in this episode and it was not mentioned at all so that's refreshing. 

Also I quite enjoyed the little cut scen with Chad talking about the "baggage" of marrying into the Bates family is having to stand around singing songs you don't know the words to hahaha

also liked the part where the kids snarked on the song choice and kelly basically agreed with them and blamed it on Gil. That's an example I think of when people feel the Bates are more real/relatable than the Duggars. Duggars wouldn't have had that conversation and it was unscripted. 

Otherwise snooze fest. 

Lawson's original songs aren't good, though I give him credit for his tenacity.

16 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

OMG That was hysterical!!!! The look on Michaels face when she was showing the elastic to Kelly was priceless.

3 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

Lawson's original songs aren't good, though I give him credit for his tenacity.

They're really, really not. They might not be so bad if he wasn't trying way too hard to make the western sound work for him.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:27 PM, OrchidBlossom said:

Dancing makes people think about your body instead of your countenance and that stirs up desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled and then there is lust and lust is a sin and your causing your brothers in Christ to stumble so best to avoid it all together.

I find that to be as plausible as the justifications for all their other rules.

In the IFBx sect that I grew up in, there was no touching at all before marriage (6 inch rule until the altar), so that was another reason given as to why we should not dance.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived