IGNORED

Seventeen - Not the Magazine - Bateseseses Threads!

SpoonfulOSugar

59 minutes ago, Kak said:

You are so right @lizzybee. 20 whatever year old fundie man standing bottle-feeding a baby while gazing thoughtfully and handsomely into the distance. Hah! Couldn't be more staged.

Everything Lawson does is staged. It's in the DNA of all attention whores.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of LOL-ing at the pink Dr. Brown bottles. Those things aren't cheap - I would know, I purchased the whole starter set for a baby shower recently. The standard brand color is blue. Zac and Whit have a toddler already so I'm sure they had a whole set of blue (if those were the brand of bottles they used with Bradley) and they just HAD to get pink. 

In opposite gender stereotype news, my cousin had a baby boy with the pink bottles because they were on sale. And a Santa and Turkey Dr. Brown bottle because they had a holiday set on sale, too. I think he's going to turn out just fine. 

Hey, maybe they were on sale and Z&W needed a couple more for the new babe and I'm just BEC over here. 

5 hours ago, lizzybee said:

I just feel like every picture Lawson takes has an unspoken but understood, "Ladies," tone to it. Queue some Careless Whisper and say in your deepest man voice, "You liked the one where I was posing muddily with my brother? Get a load of me staring afar off while feeding this baby...ladies. And if that isn't too much for you, do take the time to notice my shiny badge that I most definitely didn't pull my shirt back so you could appreciate...ladies." 

Reminds me of Demetri Martin's routine about ending every sentence with ....ladies.

"Help! I've fallen down a well....ladies. Come on, you know you wanna jump in, it's like a hot tub with really high walls!"

2 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I have seen her mentioned here a number of times. Do we know if the Bates ever interacted with her? Probably they wouldn't say, though. She's maybe like the one at the high school class reunion passing out nametags, and she hired a magician for after the buffet, keeping people trapped at their tables watching someone get hypnotized when they really just want to go find the hotel bar, or dance. And we didn't tell her about the afterparty in a room someone rented.

She seems generally innocent like that, but I wonder how many of the people these TV families encounter are actually scary stalkerish. Like, "Play Misty For Me." It's a sad thought.

I believe that Becky M has stated that she has never met the Bates. Thank the Gods. She lives in Pennsylvania. She is very easily identifiable through her public social media accounts.

Becky did say in previous IG comments that she sent messages to the family, but "mysteriously" enough, they never respond. They either delete or ignore her weird messages and requests. The Bateses aren't that dumb to respond to someone who makes it their business to stalk them.

All this talk about Beckie reminds me of Beckie from Supernatural. She is a fangirl because all of the stories are made into books by a prophet and she's obsessed with the Wincesters through the books when she thinks they are just fictional characters. She knows everything about them and writes fanfiction.

When I see Beckie M posting again, I just picture Beckie from Supernatural.

If Becky sent messages they ignored, I suppose a lot of other people have, as well. I've never really thought much about that.

Or the weird stories that are probably written about them. Years ago, I did this hilarious (to me) series of v. short fiction about me having encounters with fictional men. Like I met Giles in a coffee house, Mulder coming through the blue door of a video store, etc. It never occurred to me to write them about real people, but I guess this is a thing, so I hear, and so now I wonder about these girls, planning out their lives with cute "safe" fundy boys...it's so odd and sad. There's probably a bar they've set that most men aren't going to reach, and of course these guys wouldn't either, but they would imagine it otherwise.

These tight jeans photos have a lot to answer for. It's fake because it isn't fake at all; Lawson sure knows how to draw that never-admitted-to base desire. It's power, isn't it? And it's all the power someone like that has while stuck at home under nutball patriarchy. It's all so twisted.

Does Becky ever give up?  Hasn't Lawson deleted some of her comments before?  If someone was that obsessive I'd be worried 

5 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I have seen her mentioned here a number of times. Do we know if the Bates ever interacted with her? Probably they wouldn't say, though. She's maybe like the one at the high school class reunion passing out nametags, and she hired a magician for after the buffet, keeping people trapped at their tables watching someone get hypnotized when they really just want to go find the hotel bar, or dance. And we didn't tell her about the afterparty in a room someone rented.

She seems generally innocent like that, but I wonder how many of the people these TV families encounter are actually scary stalkerish. Like, "Play Misty For Me." It's a sad thought.

I'm sorry, you got me to thinking...

I love "Play Misty For Me". I started thinking about Becky as Evelyn and came up with this...

(Sorry I couldn't change the size).

Becky.JPG

5 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

Does Becky ever give up?  Hasn't Lawson deleted some of her comments before?  If someone was that obsessive I'd be worried 

He better call Becky with the weird pathological obsession with his family.

6 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

I feed defrauded. 

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 15.32.43.png

Nathan has such an attractive physique, but facially reminds me a lot of young Andy Griffith in A Face in the Crowd. I expect the right wifely girl for him will have no idea what that is, though.

Yes, Lawson, we see your little deputy sheriff badge.  Its a shame it didn't fly off into the mud.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Yes, Lawson, we see your little deputy sheriff badge.  Its a shame it didn't fly off into the mud.

In the photo with the baby, that damn badge looks like one of those huge and tacky belt buckles.  If you're in (and from)  Texas, you might be able to get away with wearing one.  Otherwise, you're just a pretender.

32 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

I almost feel ashamed saying I find Nathan's physique attractive lol

I'm not ashamed. I have no shame, you see. Gave it up decades ago. These pictures posted as they are ask for objectification anyway, right? Which is just another layer to the nutball, of course. But now I'm thinking an Andy Griffith/Buddy Ebsen hybrid.

12 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

I feed defrauded. 

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 15.32.43.png

I am quite defrauded.  They are definitely doing it on purpose.

I'd be even more defrauded some expert photoshopper among us could put Lawson's head on Nathan's body.  

::Muses::  Nathan's head on Lawson's body and age by 25 years would = Gil Bates.  I've never found Gil in the slightest bit defrauding.

I feel very shallow now. :pb_redface:

I'm not sure. The sons don't really do anything for me. I am a little envious of the Bates daughters' good looks because all of the females, including the Duggar girls, are so pretty.

2 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

How about this?

Yowser!  See what I mean. :laughing-rolling:

2 hours ago, season of life said:

I'm not sure. The sons don't really do anything for me. I am a little envious of the Bates daughters' good looks because all of the females, including the Duggar girls, are so pretty.

I think Lawson is good looking enough when he isn't posing, but when he is trying to look cute it's just silly, like in those photos. The Bates and Duggar girls ARE very attractive, particularly Erin and Jana, in my personal opinion. Fundies sure do have an attractiveness difference between the average fundie man and the average fundie woman.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived