IGNORED

JinJer 2: Courting, she did ride

dawbs

1 hour ago, xlurker said:

Amen to that!  I am closer to Canada than I am to NYC....

I'm only 60 miles out of the city, but it is a different world. Suburb, but more rural than metro. Coyotes, bobcats, mountains, etc.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Kira said:

I keep seeing post that say he had to quit his job at Walmart because of JB/The Duggars.They fear that Jeremy will quit his job. Derick worked at Walmart up until a year after his marriage to Jill. He quit or got fired in the summer of 2015(?)

I think Derick quit or got fired because A.)  Josh's scandals. He and Jill thought it was good time to get away  or B.) Walmart laid off a lot of workers around that time. 

People seem to be in denail about Derick an Jill living in Central America and that Josh and Anna lived in Wahington D.C. for a few years. I think Jeremy and Jinger will live in Texas. If Ben and Jessa want to move, I don't think JB would stop them.

ETA: I won't be mad if Derick and Jill move back to Arkansas. They're both from Arkansas.  

Derick returned from Nepal in February of 2014. He started working for WM at about that same time. He got engaged and was married on June 21, 2014. He had quit WM by early May 2015. He barely worked for WM for 1 year and during that time he had a honeymoon, a paternity leave, major jaw surgery and saw his mother fight cancer. How much time did he actually log in at WM? Did he also miss work for filming? 

Let's be honest when we present things-

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Derick returned from Nepal in February of 2014. He started working for WM at about that same time. He got engaged and was married on June 21, 2014. He had quit WM by early May 2015. He barely worked for WM for 1 year and during that time he had a honeymoon, a paternity leave, major jaw surgery and saw his mother fight cancer. How much time did he actually log in at WM? Did he also miss work for filming? 

He also went on one of the Duggar Mission-cations in that time. I have no doubt he was fired from WM because even the most lenient employer cannot bow to TLC and the Duggar's constantly. Can you imagine having been Derick's co-workers? Constantly picking up his slack, watching him off on a Duggar venture while they worked OT to keep up. Not being allowed nearly as much time off. I'd be raising hell if someone like that worked with me.

14 minutes ago, JMO said:

I just had a terrible realization.  15 years from now I will be on FJ snarking about Josie's wedding, her future headship, and how ugly Jana is going to make the bridesmaids dresses by adding modesty panels.  And which of her 35 nieces are going to be flower girls. And will it be ice cream sandwiches in the parking lot or home made chicken salad in the church basement?  And will Sierra be making arrow cookies and root beer floats?  

Oh fuck that's depressing. I'll probably be here too, wondering about the transfer of authority. And TLC will be there too, filming a special- Special Miracle Baby Josie Gets Hitched! (A 10 Part Special Series!)

Someone mentioned that these tweets were suspicious due to Jinger's courtship announcement. However, someone pointed out that he used a similar cryptic tweet when he was promoting his first song 'I Will Always.' So, kudos Lawson marketing for his song during the timing of Jinger's courtship. A little weird, but ok.

tumblr_o93kkkrQSj1tl94kio1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o93kkkrQSj1tl94kio2_1280.jpg

26 minutes ago, JMO said:

I just had a terrible realization.  15 years from now I will be on FJ snarking about Josie's wedding, her future headship, and how ugly Jana is going to make the bridesmaids dresses by adding modesty panels.  And which of her 35 nieces are going to be flower girls. And will it be ice cream sandwiches in the parking lot or home made chicken salad in the church basement?  And will Sierra be making arrow cookies and root beer floats?  

Only 35 nieces? More like 95

22 minutes ago, JMO said:

Let's not forget the super-cool painted flamingos for the inevitable blessed event announcement, too.

1 hour ago, Jessie E said:

I think they are probably already engaged and Jim Boob put off announcing the engagement to avoid another Marjorie Jackson incident.  I honestly don't think they could deal with having to announce another failed courtship.  Give it another few days and they will announce a wedding date.  Then they will go on again about how there is no need to have a long engagement cause they can't control their raging hormones for that long.  You just wait, People Magazine will be all over it soon enough.

Usually engagement happen 3 months after courtship, when using Jill as the model and Derrick was older. Jessa's engagement was longer because of "finance" issue with Ben, which puts the whole the man has to have savings before marriage into question. I digress. So, I think it will be a engagement early this fall (August or September).

I hope Jeremy has a house for his lovely bride-to-be. We wouldn't want to tarnish his celebrity status by JB giving him a house.

14 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Very, very close friend lost his marriage when his wife finally decided she was gay.  Their sons were 10 and 13.  The breakup was catastrophic.

I'd say realized, rather than decided. I have a friend whose father came out when the friend was in his 20s. I'm sure any marriage breakup is difficult, but the parents in this case stayed really good friends, were incredibly friendly at the marriage of one of their kids that I was also at, and the friend never seems upset about it. But it is much much different to have your parents divorce when you're an adult already out of the house than when you are a child.

19 hours ago, Lillymuffin said:

Holy cow, there's a fundie-lite church (formerly a "worship center") near me that actually does have a coffee shop in its lobby and the proceeds go towards the church's various missions. Pretty sure they serve Green Mountain blend, though. 

The christian (just generic christian) church I've attended has free coffee. I feel so...blessed. Ha!

18 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

Considering Jeremy has been around the block a few times due to his age and education, I hope TLC doesn't attempt to do the lame set-up episodes where JB grills him about not going into debt, or the faux police pull-over and day in handcuffs, or dry-humping at hole #9.   From what little I know of this Jeremy, I get the impression he'd laugh in his face.  He seems fairly polished aside from his born-again, homophobic (yet potentially closeted) ways.  JB will look even more like an asshat.

I am wondering how much of JB and Michelle we will be subjected to since TLC seems to be showing them less. I am hoping not a lot. I think it will be way weirder with Jeremy because of his maturity level compared to Derick and Ben. He just seems more like a "grown up" than those two.

16 hours ago, amendgitan said:

I don't think a Duggar Bates union is actually that likely. They're like cousins. The childhood familiarity theory or something similar might kind of rule out such a match. 

Too funny. I laughed out loud at "curb-stomp".  

Oh my goodness you guys are cracking me up! Comedy gold. Mihelle Duggars "pained" look and Jana losing her shit and a rampage ensues? Fucking hilarious. 

I don't think divorce is a true option for many of these women: 

Laredo is the 10th largest city in Texas. 95% Hispanic. It has museums, shops, etc. 

I think anything almost is better than staying near those horrible parents. 

I bet Jim Bob is super excited that he can go down to Laredo and say "hola" to everyone.

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Didn't Derick leave Walmart (voluntarily or involuntarily) around the same time that Joshgate 1.0 erupted? 

Maybe Walmart dropped him like a hot potato because of the negative PR it could bring.

If I am remembering correctly, there was a teaser for the next season of 19 kids (the one that never actually aired) that showed Jill and Derick with a big announcement. So I think moving was planned BEFORE the scandals broke. But they could have expedited the process.

@Fundie Bunny I figured in 15 yrs they can only hit 35 if they are at 2 now after Joshley's been married 7 1/2 yrs.  I figure about 50% boys so that is still saying 60+ grandkids born in 15 yrs.  Only  3 are now married. 

21 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

True gaydar has nothing to do with pointing out stereotypes.  I feel the word/concept has become overused and abused.   My gaydar will ping with even the most non-stereotypical people.

Thank you! I am with you on that. We had a new guy start at work and I knew the very first night I worked with him. No one else picked up on it at first, and I can just, tell. 

Can someone link me to his church's website? I can't seem to find it now.

42 minutes ago, JMO said:

I would love to see what happens when little princess Josie hits the age when she is supposed to learn how to be submissive and house-wifey. Granted, she's not going to be taking on jurisdictions unless a lot of her younger nieces and nephews are living at the compound, but I still don't see that going particularly well. Nobody puts Josie in the corner.

I also find it interested that Jinger is getting married and so many of her brothers that are above 18 are still single. Since the girls' weddings draw more attention, it would have made more sense to space them out better with boy weddings in between. Now they've just got Joy and Jana as single females, and JD, Joe, and Josiah left unmarried (with Jed and Jer to join them in about 6 months). Think with your head, JB! No, your other head!

1 hour ago, SummerRocks said:

Hold on ... did I read that Jeremy isn't a virgin?! 

Not shocking for a 28 year old man, but would love to hear how JimBob feels about Jeremy's peepee having had some action before becoming Jingers headship.

All the damage Michelle did in her bikini as a teenager in the backyard seems peanuts to this :D

No, no, the damage Michelle did was done by a WOMAN, therefore much much worse than anything a man could have done! Jeremy was probably tempted into all the sex he had by a girl in short shorts or a bikini!!!

58 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

1. I didn't know the exact dates. My points stands. I don't think that JB forced him to quit his job

2. Does Wal Mart give it's employes paternity leave? He didn't have to miss work to film "19 Kids", but maybe he did? Reality shows film on a schedule. He could do his "scene" on his days off. Many reality show participants have real jobs

3. I agree with the comments that said being a missionary is probably what Derick really wanted. 

1 hour ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

I live near Albany, & whenever I mention I'm from NY (without also mentioning "state") I almost always get "Oh, NYC?"

:: rolls eyes ::

I enjoy when people call Westchester County NY "upstate"

Put me in the camp that thinks they're already engaged. Around the time of Zach's failed courtship, Kelly Bates mentioned that Anna Duggar called her and suggested that they don't publicize any relationships until the engagement - when things are final. The Bates don't follow this at all, but the Duggars did with Josh and Jill. They might have with Jessa too if a) Ben's aunt didn't spill the beans on a public Facebook post and B) their courtship didn't let eleventy months. I think they got a little overconfident with Josiah, and that broken courtship, plus Josh's scandals, knocked them down a few pegs. They seem much more guarded with information now, and I can't see them risking another failed courtship.

I also think that Jinger Vuolo on Instagram is Jinger, and she's just holding the name until their engagement goes public. I may or may not have reserved an Instagram handle of my married name for after the wedding...

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Didn't Derick leave Walmart (voluntarily or involuntarily) around the same time that Joshgate 1.0 erupted? 

Maybe Walmart dropped him like a hot potato because of the negative PR it could bring.

Walmart has a horrific reputation as it is, I doubt one tiny sex scandal is enough to make them fire Derrick. lol

2 minutes ago, SunnySideUp said:

Put me in the camp that thinks they're already engaged. Around the time of Zach's failed courtship, Kelly Bates mentioned that Anna Duggar called her and suggested that they don't publicize any relationships until the engagement - when things are final. The Bates don't follow this at all, but the Duggars did with Josh and Jill. They might have with Jessa too if a) Ben's aunt didn't spill the beans on a public Facebook post and B) their courtship didn't let eleventy months. I think they got a little overconfident with Josiah, and that broken courtship, plus Josh's scandals, knocked them down a few pegs. They seem much more guarded with information now, and I can't see them risking another failed courtship.

I also think that Jinger Vuolo on Instagram is Jinger, and she's just holding the name until their engagement goes public. I may or may not have reserved an Instagram handle of my married name for after the wedding...

This story always surprised me. I didn't picture Anna and Kelly close at all (despite the fact that they are both broodmares in the same cult, they have nothing in common IMHO). And I somehow don't see Anna being that bold and telling an older woman what to do and how to marry off her children. But maybe I'm wrong.

5 minutes ago, SunnySideUp said:

Around the time of Zach's failed courtship, Kelly Bates mentioned that Anna Duggar called her and suggested that they don't publicize any relationships until the engagement - when things are final.

What the fuck? Kind of presumptuous of Anna, cripes.

10 minutes ago, twinmama said:

I enjoy when people call Westchester County NY "upstate"

Or even Dutchess County, where I live. Have they seen a map of NY?

Just now, Ungodly Grandma said:

Or even Dutchess County, where I live. Have they seen a map of NY?

Let's talk about people who call Buffalo "upstate NY". No, that's western NY. It's only upstate if you're from NYC and you consider everything above Yonkers "upstate".

When I was a kid I had a penpal who asked me how far I was from Hollywood, since I lived in America. I told her that it would take me as long to fly to CA as it would to fly to her city (she lived in the UK), and I'm pretty sure I blew her mind.

I live in Wisconsin and it has always made me crazy that we are part of the 'midwest'. What, exactly, are we west of, besides the Great Lakes? We're East of the Mississippi, and we are far closer to the east coast than anything that is even remotely the west coast. Los Angeles is about 2,000 miles west of us; NYC is about 900 miles east. We are definitely more east than west.

We're also a fly over state, apparently. Because yo, Chicago. We don't exist because Chicago does.

4 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I live in Wisconsin and it has always made me crazy that we are part of the 'midwest'. What, exactly, are we west of, besides the Great Lakes? We're East of the Mississippi, and we are far closer to the east coast than anything that is even remotely the west coast. Los Angeles is about 2,000 miles west of us; NYC is about 900 miles east. We are definitely more east than west.

We're also a fly over state, apparently. Because yo, Chicago. We don't exist because Chicago does.

My husband refuses to call Minnesota the midwest. It is always "the north" lol But to me, from CT, if you aren't on the east coast or the west coast, you're in the midwest.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived