IGNORED

Jinjer 1: Courting

Yaoichan12

Just now, anjulibai said:

So, with his name starting with a J, you think they'll go the J names? 

I'm secretly hoping they'll go with a creatively spelled Herbs and Spices theme (in honor of Jinger.) Like:

Time

Rosemerry

Sinammon

:dance:

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By now you'd think they'd be out of J names but people make them up nowadays.

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm secretly hoping they'll go with a creatively spelled Herbs and Spices theme (in honor of Jinger.) Like:

Time

Rosemerry

Sinammon

I like Parsleigh.

3 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Because people in Central America don't know how to play soccer, of course.;)

They're doing it wrong, just like how they pray.

I'm hoping their wedding is nicer than Jill's or Jessa's. Jessa reused stuff from Jill's wedding and the venue was the same. I want to see guests fed and something more suited to Jinger's personality.

I also hope his proposal isn't as staged as the others. You know what, I may admire this man more if he keeps the proposal off camera.

1 minute ago, season of life said:

I'm hoping their wedding is nicer than Jill's or Jessa's. Jessa reused stuff from Jill's wedding and the venue was the same. I want to see guests fed and something more suited to Jinger's personality.

I also hope his proposal isn't as staged as the others. You know what, I may admire this man more if he keeps the proposal off camera.

She's marrying into an Italian family (a culture that is known to feed you until you are ready to explode).  I would hope that his parents shut down Boob and Sierra.

1 minute ago, season of life said:

Privacy is not going to MJM.. Make JimBob Money.  I still think Jim Bob had something to do with this, having one of his kids marry someone somewhat famous is a way to get some of their lost reputation back.  I bet he wishes he could snag Tebow now.

1 minute ago, LilahBelle said:

Privacy is not going to MJM.. Make JimBob Money.  I still think Jim Bob had something to do with this, having one of his kids marry someone somewhat famous is a way to get some of their lost reputation back.  I bet he wishes he could snag Tebow now.

Can't snag Tebow for Jana until Johannah is fully trained as a J-slave.  Joy can't do it alone.

8 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Time

Rosemerry

Sinammon

Koriander

Baesil 

DriedItalianHerbBlend (she could be the Heistheway of the family!)

I was very hopeful when it was first announced this morning, but slowly the hope has diminished throughout the day. Especially reading the comments from people here who were already hopeful when Ben and Derick came on the scene but then saw firsthand how that didn't work out as they had hoped at all. I know we'll always be shown a glossed over version of their lives, but I hope he at least treats her right behind-the-scenes, especially when they're married and get to finally be alone.

15 minutes ago, jozina said:

http://dailyorange.com/2013/04/former-syracuse-goalkeeper-vuolo-balances-religion-pro-soccer-career/

Sorry if I missed someone posting this but gag.

He does not seem like a prize.

Agreed. The last couple of hours I've gone from thinking he might be worldly to realizing that was never possible in the first place. I agree he is no prize and Jinger is getting exactly what she was raised tobget- daddy's groomed boy who only got in the door in the first place because he was already half cracked. 

2 hours ago, Marissap said:

So that phantom Insta is definitely jinger. And more likely she's had one for a while. Her Insta has 1 follower. If you click on THAT ones followers it's all the usual suspects, jill, jessa, Derrick, Erin etc. it's definitely her. 

What is the Insta account?

1 minute ago, fundiefan said:

Agreed. The last couple of hours I've gone from thinking he might be worldly to realizing that was never possible in the first place. I agree he is no prize and Jinger is getting exactly what she was raised tobget- daddy's groomed boy who only got in the door in the first place because he was already half cracked. 

That's the only ones who will get near them.   He's not a prize, but maybe he's prize enough.  

10 minutes ago, season of life said:

I don't think they had the same venue. If I remember, Jill's church had stadium seats. Jessa said she wanted pews.

10 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

She's marrying into an Italian family (a culture that is known to feed you until you are ready to explode).  I would hope that his parents shut down Boob and Sierra.

It depends. If they aren't paying for the wedding they likely won't get much of a say. And if it turns out that they're massive game whores (no way to tell this early) then they may not care enough to make it a big deal - especially if other posters are correct and they're estranged from the extended family due to religious differences. 

1 hour ago, SpunkySpurgeonette said:

I'm sitting here wondering if there's something wrong with me--I don't find him hot at all.  He's tall...I'll give him that, but he's not very appealing to me.

I don't think he's hot either. Not all that attractive actually. 

1 hour ago, BunnyBee said:

Looking at Jessa and Bins's youtube channel, the first video with Jeremy is dated as a year old. So that means JinJer could be through the 'getting to know you' and courtship phase if their relationship is happening in Duggar Time TM. I smell an engagement literally around the corner. How well they hid all of this is actually amazing.... 

I don't believe they'd have such a public courtship announcement without an engagement locked down. Not after Josiah. 

8 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

A few things:

1. I hope Jinger is happy and Jeremy treats her well. She seems like a sensitive and emotional young woman, so I hope he turns out to be a somewhat decent guy who values her and cares for her wellbeing (Lord knows someone needs to - her parents certainly don't give two shits!)

2. I want to caution everyone from getting too optimistic about this. Yes, he's educated. Yes, he has a job that allows for travel. Those are both great things that could match well with Jinger.

That said, he's pursuing ministry, has gone on Mission trips, and is friends with the Seewalds. I do think there's room to hope, but I would hate to see people getting ahead of themselves the way they did with the Dillards.

3. I'm going to call it now - people here are going to turn on Jinger at some point. Whether it's posts she makes on social media (when she gets it) or whether they stay very much within the Gothard fold or whatever... Something will happen that will turn posters here against her the way they turned on Jill and then Jessa. And it's going to be ugly when it happens. I certainly hope for the best for her, but I don't anticipate any true break away.

4. And on a strictly superficial level - Jinger looks lovely in that photo and they make a nice looking couple. Here's hoping they and the rest of the Duggar offspring are happy and doing ok.

already we are getting endless "Albums" of these two - plus a new picture of the COUPLE who introduced them. 

I am so not optimistic about this because

first - I don't get optimistic about these crazies anymore....

The fact that they are Ben and Jessa's friends DOES Not surprise me in the LEAST - this is what Jessa said she would do....set her up  

I think he is one of Ben's idols - because every time Ben did a video - he always included him.  So for Ben - this was a no brainer - tell the sinner to hook with the pastor and she will carry the show...

I never liked Jinger to begin with - to sad and depressing for me and codependent on Jessa all the time - she is in the cult big time and did this pure and simple to carry the show. 

sure she may think she is in love with this man - but imo it's cult 

pure and simple

Bets for when TLC will announce season 2 of Counting On Jinger to Fake Her Way Through This for Money Jesus?

8 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Well now that she's courting, we'll hear a lot more from her. Is she on social media yet? 

endlessly 

13 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Traditionally, bride's family makes the decisions for the wedding unless the groom's family is throwing the party.   But the parents could offer to bring lots of lasagne to the reception!

7 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I don't believe they'd have such a public courtship announcement without an engagement locked down. Not after Josiah. 

As @nst pointed out they have known each other for more than a year. I bet the wedding is before labor day (2016), Halloween at the latest. Duggar time line is never what it seems. 

Because time isn't what it seems in Duggarland, I'm betting they are already engaged, she just may not be wearing a ring because everyone will be watching for one. A ring will show up the day determined it is right to stage the engagement announcement 

Edit to say- when will TLC start the previews for the new season? A special announcement may happen at the same time

3 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I am here to comment that I do not know anything about this guy but I do not have a good feeling and I will tell you why.

He hunted out Jinger and he is older than her.

He specifically intended to pick a young Duggar, knowing all they are raised to do is be a submissive housewife.

This is very unusual for someone who has already been out in the world, educated, college, sports, etc to request in a woman...

I feel he is picking Jinger because he is after power and control. I would feel much more comfortable if Jinger was courting another toothy-grinned fundie with a similar background because I'd see them more as equals.

Well, they're Christian fundamentalists. Wanting power and control in the marriage is par for the course, it's not distinct to this guy. And, as far as intending to pick a young Duggar, there's Jana and there's Jinger. I don't think it's fair to expect him to pick Jana just because she's older - let's hope there is SOME genuine attraction to Jinger! 

3 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

And some pro athletes cheat on their wives. So how will Jinger deal?

Plenty of people who are not pro athletes cheat on their wives, too. 

I think another poster nailed it: what we're mostly saying is that only someone who wouldn't court a Duggar would be a good suitor, lol. 

My husband's mother is full blooded Sicilian (daughter of immigrants). Her lifestyle is steeped in many things Italian and my husband grew up around that. The main thing is the cooking. She is an amazing cook and taught him to cook as well. We have no idea if Jer's family is that involved with their Itailan heritage, but if they are, I can only imagine Jinger trying to feed him TTC

8 hours ago, socalrules said:

I don't see anything to get excited about. I am just going to be mean and say it. Why would a good looking, educated, employed, professional athlete want an uneducated woman who has been sheltered to the point of never having gone to the grocery store by herself and has never been allowed an independent thought? If he had it all together he would want more out of a potential spouse. Instead, he wants someone who is submissive, he can control and mold into what he wants them to be. He didn't go after anyone on equal footing or who even has her own identity or goals. 

I am on the train of no normal guy would go after a Duggar woman or any fundy woman. Jinger is pretty and may be very nice but that's really it. She was raised to be the perfect fundy wife and that's it. I think if Jinger marries this man she will be in a worse position than skill and Jessa. He has his own money so he will have complete control. Further, I don't trust anyone Jim Bob thinks is worthy of courting his daughter. Look at the other two, most of us would be embarassed to say our daughters were married to a teenager and one who seems to be going backwards in life. If Jim Bon approves, then this guy drinks the Koolaid by the gallon. He isn't going to take Jinger away and let her live this wonderful independent life. 

I wish I could send you a brownie packet. You have the best post ever!

Jinger of all them is the MOST EASY TO control - and it is so obvious already in the pictures.  

I have seen them and she looks like she is just trying to live up to Jessa. J B all he thinks about is the show continuing. 

The whole thing is just so blatant and obvious 

8 hours ago, freethemall said:

Jessa will never adopt - it's all just talk. She'll be pregnant long before.

she will probably get pregnant tonight due to her excitement of this stupid union 

31 minutes ago, LilahBelle said:

By now you'd think they'd be out of J names but people make them up nowadays.

I like Parsleigh.

What about Merryjuana? The greatest herb of all.

• dawbs locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived